FromSoftware's new title will support VR

Are you ready for VR mecha games, anons?

Are you ready to be disappointed?

The fuck?

I'm ready for a new Tenchu
Where is it

I want to know why there aren't more ninja games in general. I guess the average person just has shit boring taste.

Wait, no Bloodborne either, which means Sony.

Anyway it's gonna be an AC game, makes the most sense for VR. Which is good, short of Otogi 3, an AC for PC is the best outcome.

If it's an armored core game, I will buy VR just for it.

No thanks. Don't give a single fuck about VR.

Wow user, you sure got me excited now!

Trying too hard, eh? VR gimmick has its roots in "cockpit vr/training sims", it is natural for From to do their mech game with VR support.

Just because marketing and dumb indie trying to replace monitor with a headset does not make it a gimmick, it is a perpiheral exactly for that kind of shit.

Goodbye traditional games…

Who made the video? He forgot BloodBorne and the sound, what the fuck

No

yes

I remember people saying that about mouse.

It means that their next game won't be PS-exclusive, which is a good thing.

Except mecha sims with cockpit view IS the traditional game genre.
Stop being underage already.

I can't believe people still get excited for their games. They're more overrated than Platinum at this point.

No! Because that will suck horribly.
I just want a regular AC game god dammit

Give me a Steel Battalion controller to go with it and I'll be happy. Perfect excuse to play in a chair and not stand up and door chores in virtual reality like an idiot.

In the case of Armored Core, at least, it's not that the games are extremely top of the line AAA perfect masterpieces, it's that we have literally 0 other options for good mecha games.

My dick is already diamonds

Christ, absolutely kill yourselves you sour grape faggots.

Demon Souls and Bloodborne are Sony IP. You probably think Platinum owned Bayonetta right?

I wish they did

Well, keep in mind Demons Souls was looking hella bad, and Miyazaki jumped on it with the mindset of :

Mouse has been around long before Doom got released
What the fuck are you talking about?

Dropped

I've never played an armored core game, but isn't that fast mechs? And also third person? The two things VR don't do so good?

lmao what the fuck is the point in this?

Also gotta love how some kind of strap-on googles is called VR like it's some real virtual reality shit

It isn't even sour grapes, I've tried VR and it is shit

Probably about the before times when we didn't have graphical interfaces.

Bingo on both. It should be Mechwarrior or similar if it wants to work out at all. Needs to be cockpit view in a lumbering mech instead of crazy fast whiplash in third person anyhow.

Game isnt even VR bound and these shitters are already spreading their filth on the walls.

If you ever doubted that Holla Forums was full of vidya hipsters, look no further.

Holla Forums always had a huge boner for VR until it became mainstream.

Go away, shill. Fromsoft is and has always been trash, you're just making it worse now.

But its not even mainstream
Anons were pretty quiet about it after the Cuckullus conference.
It just went full hostility after the pricepoint, these are quite real Sour Grapes faggots who are pissed off that they will have to wait to get their fucking toy.

You could even pinpoint the exact moment the tides turned
When oculus sold out to facebook, everyone started hating not only the rift, but all VR

Thanks, B-Team

Thats what happens when somebody fill their brain with expectations.
Waifufags claiming it was the best thing in the world didnt help either.

Like hundreds of other games from now on. It's not even that hard if the engine you're using has support for the latest SDKs of each VR vendor, they are not even wasting resources here.
I'd guess it is going to be some mech game, which looks great on VR. I'd also dare to guess that they going with some third party engine this time, at least if they pick a mech project.

They've made 40+ games that are Sony exclusive and maybe ten that aren't, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

And the 10 that aren't are mostly from recent years…

How about you actually watch the video next time?

It'll be 3D movies all over again. With every shit movie having badly implemented 3D, vidys will now how badly implemented Vr.

This, its a fad that pops up every few years and you always have retards like the sour grapes user falling for it. History repeats itself

3D movies was a retarded idea from the get go. Depth perception on games is fucking great.
Believing VR was going to take off right now was retarded. In two years from now that shit will be both affordable and viable to run with fairly common gaming rigs. That's when it is going to take off. Right now, everything VR has a huge markup.
Good thing that, unlike 3D tvs, there are several industries interested on head mounted stereoscopic displays.

Don't really care much about VR.
I'm quite excited to see what they do next though, if it was indeed a VR mecha game where you have full control of your mech I'll become a VRfag like all these shills.

Ok, Ill admit.
Im shilling for Facebook, Zuckerberstein and Gaben promised they would get me out of Europe before it dies if I shilled their shitty Depth Perception glasses.

JUST
VR
MY
GAMES
UP

Wasn't it apparent upon Undertale? FNAF?

One could argue that Yandere simulator falls on that list too. I honestly always thought that one looked like shit and that the dev is a faggot, but majority of Holla Forums was drooling all over that game before reddit and the memers picked it up.
I only want VR for my simulator and H games needs, so I don't give a flying fuck if they are a commercial flop, it just means I'll have to pay more for it as the prices won't go down. I'm fairly certain they will catch on though, not now, but they will soon enough. The very fact that GPU vendors are desperate for a reason to sell more cards is enough to predict that the industry will keep pushing for this. Unlike regular rendering, HMDs benefit from dual GPU sets up, that's a good way to make more money when all the technology related to GPUs and rendering (die shrink and new APIs) are making stuff more efficient.

So there might be a good reason for buying a second Nano? Well shieeeet. I'm all for VR for simulations that just don't work as well any other way, like a modern Steel Battalion. Otherwise, first person games like Mirror's Edge would be vomit-inducing but neat, and beyond that, I don't see the point in making everything VR forever.

But boy, I can't wait for the walking simulators to come to VR, they'll be so lifelike.

They feel deader than dead to me

Yes, dual GPU with the correct rendering approach gives almost 90% increase in performance on some games (mostly, VR native games, not older games with wrappers and injectors). I can see them pushing for that, right now as GPUs are lasting way too long, you can play a shit load of games with a R9 280 and things will only get worse better.

What if it´s another King´s Field?

Dark Souls is Kings Field.

They've been confirmed for VR for awhile, man.
They'be been on the PSVR devlist for months.
Were you not paying attention or something?

u wot m8
They play absolutely nothing alike.

This thread reminded me why I never browse this shithole

pick one

I know, Im just saying that due to the fact that Dark Souls is the spiritual successor to Kings Field.

I think its very unlikely that they will ever make another Kings Field unfortunately.

King´s Field is in first person, is more laid back,and less twitchy than a souls game.

No I'm ready to never play another FromSoft game because they only care about money now.

Have you ever noticed that the kind of people who always say that shit always tend to be major faggots trying to feel better than everybody else?

I know that

To be fair, most H-games that could benefit from HMD aren't really much of a game. Some illusion shit looks nice with VR, but they stopped making games a while ago, just 3D character creators with broken content attached to it… such a shame.

Sorry. I meant since Dark Souls 2.
But to be fair, the whole series is 6/10s despite them caring about video games when they made Dark Souls 1.
The only reason Bloodborne and Demon's are better is because of the lack of Namco's buttfuckery.

They've been money hungry since they started.
FromSoft are essentially as greedy as many other vidya companies, the only difference is that they can actually make good games.

Nah. They can make slightly above average games that look good because every other game since 2007 is shit tier.

you're joking, right

this is a dumb fucking meme

I could think of another glorious sequel possibility…

Nigger come on, are you going to tell me most franchises didnt turn to shit by then?

VR can fuck off back to the hell that spawned it. (The virtual boy)

i just want armored core on pc with mod capabilities so people can make more mech parts and shit. is that too much to ask for?

From fromsoft? Yeah.

Wow user, you sure got me excited now!

don't act like Holla Forums makes up even 1% of video game consumers
you're a fucking faggot if you think Holla Forums's collective opinion represents normalfags whatsofuckingever

I'm still hype for VR but I stay out of VR threads and let them get shitposted to death because I can't stand the willfully ignorant fuckstains like you who literally cannot even comprehend how lenses or depth perception works, and keep repeating "hurr durr it's two screens strapped to your face enjoy your kikebook botnet!"

RIP From.
You made shit games and then one day you made a shit game with such janky combat that it fluked into a good game. Then you turned on the CoD dev-cycle switch and started to suck again. And now you totally suck because of VR.

CYA!

Wow, a worthless gimmick support. Post yfw From's income plummets because the VR shills aren't enough to keep them in business.

All shit.
I'd give King's Field a 6 though.

If you keep using this phrase every time you talk about it, it's going to be obvious it's you every time.

Post yfw retards like don't understand that having VR support =! VR tech demo
Again, if the engine they use is compatible with the latest SDK of the HMD, getting a game to display on it is stupidly simple.

Shill for VR somewhere else.

What the fuck? there's nothing about a mecha or vr in that video. "our next game is…." black screen.

fucking faggot

Chromehounds trademark doesn't belong to FROM anymore.

Kill yourself right here

Shill more

No thanks

They literally can't legally, those IP are fully owned by sony.

VR like experience in a mecha game has already been achieved using arcade machines with fuckhueg screens complete with comfy ass cockpit, surround sound, and joysticks

The general reception was lukewarm at best

I went to one of those once. Maybe it would have been better received if the few places that actually had the really good facilities weren't charging 20-40 US DOLLARS for five minutes of game time that you only got to do after an hour and a half of waiting and some stupid 10 minute long movie that tries and fails miserably to give some background on why you're going to be piloting a mech. Seriously, the wait time alone was inexcusable given how little time you had to play and the extortionist price.

Holy crap you got gouged big time
Here it was 50cents per credit and still it was considered meh