This door opening simulator was made, brace yourselves, with fucking Unity and it looks better than most AAA games...

This door opening simulator was made, brace yourselves, with fucking Unity and it looks better than most AAA games, Why the fuck arent photorealistic games being made anymore, i hate this cartoon colorful shit, MUH ARTSTYLE my dick.

*the screen is fucked because for some reason the anti aliasing was disabled by the screen capture program

It's easy to make your game look good when it's an hour or two long and you reuse all your assets. Not that this game looks all that special.

Also, the industry shits out plenty of brown and gray for players like you, user, don't have a fit.

Bullshit, i cant even remember the last AAA game that wasnt cinematic piss filters, orange and blue crap, terrible lighting, that looks like some surreal painting shit

forgot to turn it off, but you can clearly what im talking about

Why do devs add this shit to their games?
Humans don't experience chromatic aberration, we're not robots; our eyes aren't cameras.

THIS

THANK YOU

They are, but they're on a biological level of quality that dwarfs any current cameras

can someone explain this le grey and brown maymay?
If it fits the setting then there's nothing wrong with it you dumb cunt

They're not digital cameras you pedantic fuck.

Around 2006 shit like Gears of War and its cloned were literally going for monochromatic tones because their engine was shit at photorealism. Now these shitposters use it wrongly to define anything that doesnt look like an episode of My little pony

tdrl Photorealism = brown and bloom DUR HUR

I don't really know what you're talking about and literally 5 years ago people would have been saying the exact opposite. If you're talking about low effort moba and tf2 clone artstyle or nintendo then it's your own fault for being a chump.

Every fucking game nowadays has some gay artstyle, cell shaded shit is the most commom. Where are the fucking photoreal games?

I wasn't referring to a meme, but to OP's pic, his example of what he wanted more of, which is mostly gray and brown, with a little bit of desaturated red and green.

The only photo realistic game I ever remember was RE remake.

Thought this was another dark souls 3 thread for a second there

Also when will this "unity games have bad graphics" meme die? The only reason that appears to be the case is because the default shading in UE is pretty good and the defaults in Unity are bad, so it's just more obvious when a shit developers don't bother to set up their own shader configs.

to this day I can't believe how fucking good this game looked. RE4 also looked incredible, considering both when it came out and the fact that it came out on the fucking gamecube

hey what a coincidence, its a door opening simulator too!

Im OP, that screen looks like crap, its doesnt show well how photoreal the actual game looks. But gamers should know this shit, screenshots look worse than the real thing, this is gaming 101 shit.

the models ruin everything, specially Zero with that dumb bitch with an expressionless animu face

Zero was pretty sick looking to.

The only game that came even close to these was Silent Hills, which got canceled. A fan game based on it, Allison Road, looks pretty photorealistic to though.

Honestly if the AAA industry was in the same state it was 15 years ago, with modern tech, we'd prob have some photo real games.

The models where the only thing that they couldn't generate ahead of time.

Backgrounds were used in games ages before, there was nothing ahead of time in the Resident Evil games, they just had better production.

what game is this?

Layers of Fear, door openin jump scare simulator

chromatic aberration is caused by the lens you ignorant fuck

Don't bully Rebecca.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It seems spooky! Tell me more!

The engine has nothing to do with the graphics kid.

Rebecca use to be my favorite RE girl….

Until they shrunk her hips and ass and now she looks like a fucking traps

wat

That second pic almost looks like shinras mansion from ff7