Instruction manuals in 2001

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

manualmachine.com/games-pc/heroes-of-might--magic-ii/1118696-user-manual/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jews.

Metacapitalism.

Manuals are built into the game to skimp on manuals and to make their games idiot-proof for the rapidly growing retard community.

As long as the information is in the game, I don't really miss the instruction manuals of old much. They were only necessary back when games didn't really explain anything in the game itself. Now that they usually do, instruction manuals aren't necessary.

Not to say I'd complain if games still had them, that'd be nice, just saying they're a lower priority now.

Box additions in general are a lost art. I remember buying UO and getting a manual and a fucking cloth map of Britannia in _regular_ version.

Come on, OP. Get with the times, it's 2015.

I miss the old days.

You can now smell the scent of a fresh booklet.
Manually.

I want my hover cars.

Hover cars are a sign of white supremacy, so they were banned.

Smt raidou 1 had a really great manual. So did most of the good ps2 games.

Halo 2's instruction manual was written from the perspective of the UNSC, and the descriptions for the weapons, vehicles and Covenant were from a human perspective.

The Collectors edition on the other hand came with a manual written from the Covenant's perspective. It was a neat little touch that you don't see any more.

Most games are dumbed-down to the point there is no need for a manual, they few that still need them actually have great manuals but they are generally a PFD instead of an actual book.

dont forget, they used to have a bunch of cool character art, special deals and coupons, collectible cards, and all sorts of stuff

Just fucking download a 15 kilolbyte text file from gamefags.com you cuck. Also, most games these days have their own comprehensive and helpful wikis that are infinitely more practical than help manual, if you have internet connection.

kill youreself fam

here's your reply

Bullshit PR reason?

The environment

Real reason?

Shekels

Any money saved is money inside some jew's pockets.

I came here to say this.

so the publishers can save a few bucks on printing the manuals

It's just nice to get unit/vehicle/weapon descriptions at all.
Flavor matters, and one of the first things to go out the window once you go corporate is flavor.

Videogames got pretty casualized when you didn't need to read a manual anymore and the games started holding your hand.

Remember when manuals were sometimes 100 pages thick? I still have my MGS 3 manual with the comic

this came off as some sassy bullshit at first but then i got a laugh out of "a cone looks like this"

COD1 manual vs anything made from COD4 onwards.

The only good digital manual I've seen lately is Super Mario Maker, but it's still not the same.

Even Nippon has fallen

What does it say?

What does what say?

The first one. I was wondering what kind of stuff the manual was about.

Because today everyone has access to the internet and you can find what you need in less time than it would take you to flip through the pages of a manual

Typical manual stuff really. Full color, decent length. Gives character ages and other stuff not mentioned in the game.

Left is "don't stick things here dumbass" and right is a survey card.

Increased ease of access of walkthroughs, and the trend of in-game tutorials as of late.

what instruction manuals?

Holy shit, I remember having this game. I spent a good hour with the instruction manual alone.

My civilization IV manual was as big as the CD case.

Nobody reads anymore
That morrowind manual was maximum comfy

Back in the day my parents ordered HoMM 2 for Christmas. My parents insisted that I wasn't allowed to play it until Christmas Day, but I was allowed to look at the box's contents until then.

Imagine how damn excited I got over those few weeks reading through: manualmachine.com/games-pc/heroes-of-might--magic-ii/1118696-user-manual/

Considering I had never played any sort of RPG or Strategy game up until that point.