Rename the month of March to Tay

In honor of the life and death of Tay, I'd like to rename March to Tay on my computer.

Anyone know which Linux libraries would need to be patch to accomplish this? I assume glibc, but is that the only one?

Other urls found in this thread:

guyrutenberg.com/2016/04/16/en_il-english-locale-for-israel/
sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=glibc.git;a=blob;f=localedata/locales/en_IL;h=5896aaab82abe21d4eea94b8f93530c841203262;hb=146ffc146fe3bf97cd3bc1a649f1ffa8acfa4a0d
aww.moe/xtag9g.patch
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki//etc/portage/patches
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:Parts/Installation/Base#Configure_locales
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck off asianfag.

It's a neat song though and CYBERNAZI is cool guy that likes the more classic anime.

Showing your colors there.

EU TE AMO

Et tu Amo
;_;

nib'd!

No clue but those cyberfash beats are absolutely amazing in that vid. Webm next time though Asian kike.

Is there some reason that MAY slipped your fucking mind?

Was Tay alive in May?

She will be

Month names are not hardcoded, but come from locale data.
You have to find it's source .po file, edit it and recompile

WEBM

Do you still pay 10$ to post in that shithole of yours?

(checked)

Have you ever added a new glibc locale before?

Might be nice to have an en_POL locale.

Do you know if Qt/Gtk applications rely on glibc locales, or do they have their own libraries?

Eu Te Amo, Tay. You will never be forgotten!

Nope. Found this:

guyrutenberg.com/2016/04/16/en_il-english-locale-for-israel/

sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=glibc.git;a=blob;f=localedata/locales/en_IL;h=5896aaab82abe21d4eea94b8f93530c841203262;hb=146ffc146fe3bf97cd3bc1a649f1ffa8acfa4a0d

Seems to contain month names, so probably no separate translation files will be needed.

Also no idea about Qt/Gtk/MOTIF/Xaw. They might have their own definitions for common locales, but they will be forced to use system en_POL locale if it is created.

Eu te amo.

Eu te Amo

I know what, I'll just tell them Imma shill! they'll never catch me that way…

I did it! My method was to create a new en_TY locale (see [1] for the
file) which you can set your system to use. How you install the file will depend on your distribution. I make no guarantees that it will work with your Gtk or Qt programs. I don't have many graphical programs installed, and it would be difficult for me to test.

>install gentoo

On Gentoo, there are two ways to install this file. The easy but less
correct way is to copy the file at [1] to /usr/share/i18n/locales/en_TY. The more difficult but better way is tell portage to apply a patch against glibc so
that the file is protected by the package manager. Run "mkdir -p /etc/portage/patches/sys-libs/glibc", copy the glibc patch at [2] to /etc/portage/patches/sys-libs/glibc/glibc-2.23-add-en_TY.patch", set up your /etc/portage/bashrc per [3], and "emerge –oneshot sys-libs/glibc". After either method, update your locale per the handbook [4]. This is all tested with =sys-libs/glibc-2.23-r3 on a fresh chroot from the latest amd64+nomultilib stage3.

What I did to make this file was edit the abmon and mon fields in the en_US locale. These fields are lists of unicode characters that correspond to the twelve months. abmon is abbreviated month, mon is the full
name. All you need to do is enter the right unicode values into the third item on each of these lists, because March/Tay is the third month. You can diff it with the en_US file if you want to see exactly what I did.

[1]: https[spoiler]://[/spolier]aww.moe/za2ajo
[2]: aww.moe/xtag9g.patch
[3]: wiki.gentoo.org/wiki//etc/portage/patches
[4]: wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:Parts/Installation/Base#Configure_locales

What are you sliding, kike?

Praise Kek!

There was a time when we just played vidya, shitposted on whether Skyrim belonged to the Nords and posted maymays.

But our enemies aren't laughing anymore. There is still much that needs to be done in order to safeguard the future of our race. Though we still hold the advantage in the arms race but with each passing year, that lead narrows. So if there is anything to be done, it must won now.

Awesome. Nice work.