Can someone please explain to me the purpose of this new steam ratings shit?

Can someone please explain to me the purpose of this new steam ratings shit?

To post meme reviews and get epic dank upvotes so you feel good about yourself cuz u popular on steam social media and shit!.

Honestly though, are you a fucking retard or something OP?

yes i am, i don't get it

This, also you can hire dank memers to write funnay reviews, and because people are too retarded to click "funny" instead of "helpful", you'll get positive reviews from it.

So people can see that EA is a scam.

Yeah, it's because a lot of games nowadays change well after their release. They can get better or worse through updates/DLC and such

I allows people to make more informed choices so it is a good change.
A game might be changed for the worse or the better, and that will be reflected by this system.
A graph showing the reception in function of time would be even better.

1) Game releases in a broken state
2) Developer releases patch(s) that fixes the game
3) The old rating no longer reflects the current state of the game

Or alternatively

1) Game comes out, it's great
2) Developers break it with a faulty patch, or add awful new features, or it's a multiplayer game that gets infested with hacking
3) Game is no longer great and doesn't reflect it's old score

most likely to prevent bait and switch me thinks.

My question is though, whats to stop people just deleting and re-adding reviews to pad recent votes for a surge in profits. I still think these review standards are shit tbh. They're about as useless as Metacritic scores.

The same reason reviewers are paid to shill out 10/10 ratings for AAA games. To make it seem as though it's more popular then it is, that the backlash is only recent and that it was always a popular title that people like They can also change it to be something else instead of the truth, to fool people who only skim through the game page quickly by removing the reviews or nullifying them while leaving the recent reviews alone.

Don't listen to these faggots

It seems logical but they changed it after the old system didn't get protect them from the blowback of their shitty choices.

Publishers threw a hissy fit because their shit, broken launches were ruining a game's ratings and sticking around.

For stuff like this. Game launched in a broken, near unplayable state. They've been working on making it not shit.
Gives consumers a way to see that it is something worth considering now, without having to dig through the reviews one by one.

Also for Early Access.

I only avoid a game if the steam rating is really low. Otherwise the rating doesn't impact if I want to play it or not.

What the fuck is this? I havent kept up with KF2 but what the fuck are they doing?

They promised "early access done right" and that it'd be fully released within 6 months. Over a year later and the game doesn't even have all the perks yet, let alone all of the features promised.

Rather than actually finish what was promised, they focused on adding a microtransaction CS:GO crate system, a PvP mode, breaking mod support, and threatening anyone who "is racist, sexist, mean, etc. or ALLOWS IT TO HAPPEN ON THEIR PRIVATE SERVER" with taking their license to the game away.

The way I see it this shit just encourages devs to put out broken games, as long as they fix the game later on.

I'd rather a game just be good from day one, even if it means getting delayed.

You can't fix that game.

This, pure kikery.

I hate it when games get delayed and still be broke day 1

Yeah, but you can bring it from "absolute shit" to "shit"

verypositivenolie.webm
They have lied again and again. They could publish charts plotting every single review over time and I still wouldn't believe a word.

They have failed consistently in making a rating system resistant to manipulation, intentionally or not.

I think it's suppose to help people know if there's been a recent change or patch to the game that fucked it up.

faggots actually uses the steam review to buy vidya? instead of pirating it and find out them selfs?

I like the idea, but I want to know what they define as recent. As far as it looks now, this can be easily used to skew the recent ratings in any way they want.

For example, [AAA game] got good reviews first and now they're bad? Just make the recent margin so big, that it becomes mixed or mostly positive. It's not enough to turn it completely around, but enough to salvage a disaster.

Seems legit