Trump to Israeli paper: Settlements are ‘not a good thing for peace’

Trump to Israeli paper: Settlements are ‘not a good thing for peace’

US President Donald Trump does not believe settlements help the peace process and does not consider settlements “a good thing for peace,” he told an Israeli newspaper Friday, in his most direct comments on the matter since his inauguration.

In an interview with the Israel Hayom newspaper — his first with the Israeli media since being sworn in as president on January 20 — Trump sounded extremely warmly disposed toward Israel, but was plainly critical of the settlement enterprise. His remarks were initially published in Hebrew, but later an English version was posted.

Settlements, Trump said, “don’t help the process.” He added: “Every time you take land for settlements, there is less land left. But we are looking at that, and we are looking at some other options we’ll see. But no, I am not somebody that believes that going forward with these settlements is a good thing for peace.”

This was not the first time that the Trump administration has expressed reservations over Israel’s settlement construction, but it was the first time the president had personally commented on the issue, and his remarks were more critical than those of his spokesman.

Last week, the White House issued a mild rebuke over a spate of approvals for new settlement homes, warning that expansion in areas Palestinians want for their own state “may not be helpful” to peace efforts. “While we don’t believe the existence of settlements is an impediment to peace, the construction of new settlements or the expansion of existing settlements beyond their current borders may not be helpful,” press secretary Sean Spicer said on February 3.

[. . .]

“Well, I want Israel to be reasonable with respect to peace. I want to see peace happen. It should happen. After all these years,” he said. “Maybe there is even a chance for a bigger peace than just Israel and the Palestinians. I would like to see a level of reasonableness of both parties, and I think we have a good chance of doing that.”

Pressed on his campaign pledge to move the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, Trump said, “I am thinking about the embassy, I am studying the embassy [issue], and we will see what happens. The embassy is not an easy decision. It has obviously been out there for many, many years, and nobody has wanted to make that decision. I’m thinking about it very seriously, and we will see what happens.”

Trump said that although many people think a peace deal is impossible, including many clever people around him, he believes a peace agreement is both possible and necessary. The Palestinians, he said, would have to make concessions in any peace deal. “Yeah. They do. Absolutely,” he said. “It has to be good for everybody. No deal is good if it is not good for everybody, and we are in that process, and we will see what happens… So many people think it cannot be made. I have very smart people that … say a deal can’t be made. I disagree with them. I think a deal should be made, and it can be made.”

[. . .]

Israel Hayom is owned by Sheldon Adelson, an American Jewish businessman with strong ties to Netanyahu and the Republican Party. On Thursday, Adelson and his Israeli-born wife Miriam were guests of the president for dinner at the White House.

Adelson did not commit to a presidential candidate until May 2016, when he endorsed Trump at a time when it was clear the businessman would be the Republican nominee.

Adelson subsequently donated millions to Trump’s election campaign and to his inauguration; the Adelsons were on the dais for Trump’s inaugural oath-taking, a rare honor for campaign funders.

archive.is/eT9iY

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/2juTM
youtube.com/watch?v=8mkTXh4I_N8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYY

someone is pinching his tail between his legs. who could that be?

I hope they don't kill him. Kek protect Trump.

Now i want to see what JIDF shills are going to say about this

whats up kikes, where is the shilling now?

Jidf has been busy these past few days acting as the pidf. Poor kikes probably aren't getting any breaks :(

Oy veyyyyyy but PLUMBF is our puppet, believe me goyim!!11

Man the kike shills are eating shit now.

what a fucking cohencidence, this was published yesterday, now half of the reference links are broken now

archive.is/2juTM

FUCK GUYS REMEMBER TO ARCHIVE EVERYTHING
FUCKING KIKES ARE MEMORYHOLING EVERYTHING

Pic related was right.
Holla Forums is always right.

hey you know the drill, if they aren't shilling they are sliding

(checked)
And it seems recently some of the soros paid CREW goons have been going around trying to start shit by claim memes are from cuckchan or reddit. Their vocabulary and behavior makes it seem they only spend a day trying to learn Holla Forums culture and then apply it while parroting off any new phrases suddenly said to them.
In short, it's low energy as ever. I have to wonder with how incompetent these goons (read as shills) are, if that there was a worker staff cut or Soros can't hire enough people cheaply because of how much they fail. There will be the upcoming weekend shilling though, so be ready for that. But I also suspect that the kikes are busy kvetching and pulling eachother's noses in trying to figure out what to do.

so true

I remember in the early Trump campaign netanyahu spoke against Trump, I've been wondering if they deleted those reports.

Why won't the Jews just buy up Madagascar?

Don't worry. The shills will conveniently forget this news and return to business as usual the next time Trump says something nice about Israel or the Jews.

terrorist 1 to terrorist 2: killing all hostages leaves us with no ransom.

Glorious.

Trumps busy right this minute pouring the zyklon B into the offices of the following…David Friedman, Jared Kushner, Jason Greenblatt, Steven Mnuchin, Stephen Miller, Carl Icahn, Gary Cohn, Boris Epshteyn, David Shulkin, Reed Cordish, Avrahm Berkowitz, Kissenger, maybe he'll leave his own daughters and grandchildren for last…

Never forget he's the master of the deal. Jews hate him because he's one of the few that can outjew them in business.

I see you starting shit

?

I'm continuing to point out that all claims that America is now resisting the zionist occupation of the United States is clearl;y flawed by the nature of uber zionist neo-con globalist kikes in your current halls of power.

bump

bump for kike butthurt

kek, that pic, gold

You know hes the right man for our country when the jews wont lend him money!

accidental sage sorry

Yes, Trump is a zionist shill and he is never gonna build the wall right?

What does the p stand for? Poo in loo?

Who is that powell sending the message?

Donald Trump Exposed
youtube.com/watch?v=8mkTXh4I_N8

You'll find jews on breibart and other MSM calling those who name the kike PIDF or say we're tricked by Pallywood propaganda.
Apparently not wanting to fight isreals enemies on their behalf means your one of the many millions of Palestinians on Holla Forums and every MSM board.
This is actually a line or argument these kikes use.

it was a rhetorical question you fucking kike

Mean to quote

You do realise that my post simply proves your sneering alt-right safe-space wankery wrong.

And you did it wrong, too. Were you an accident? ;-)

you realize you just outed yourself right?

KYS

Yeah the other day there was this thread about how we should attack Iran because they'll retaliate by destroying Israel which may or may not be true but it's a best-case fantasy scenario. A bunch of us disagreed that it would def play out this way and in response this one 30+ post user wouldn't stop spamming about how we were all PIDF but in this case Persian IDF. My only surprise was that what's likely a literal card-carrying member of the JIDF would be so goddamn blatant in trying to convince us that attacking their enemies would ultimately hurt Israel.

We're nationalists here lil' buddy, don't know what this "alt-right" you're talking about is.

You have revealed your nose

No upspoilered lewds on this board

People who call out cuckchanners are not shills.if you knew anything you would realize that hwndu has caused lots of cuckchanners to shit up the board.not everything out of the ordinary is a shill.
sage for off topic

Also Bump For Trump.

Actual Bump.

you think this is a win?
He will BEND THE KNEE to Saudi Arabia

Former governor of New Jersey. And an enemy.

You have proof? Or are you just one of those "take my word for it" sort of slowtards?

give me a fucking break, get the fuck out of here with that cuckchan garbage

Not a surprise when there is tens of muslim countries making part of it. Even if it still is anti-white.

god fucking bump

Hey you leave Goebbels alone

bump