Anyone pick this up? The tech demo looked cool but how's the full game?

Anyone pick this up? The tech demo looked cool but how's the full game?

The full game came free with the discounted $50 amazon SFZ bundle. Zero was so disappointing I haven't even bothered to unwrap Guard.

Just download it and find out.

something tells me you're just a scrub who couldn't git gud

I thought it was pretty decent. Pretty much everything but the amount of content was good.

people did asked for a non-rehashed and non-title slapped (see: Dinosaur Planet) Star Fox title

it's actually really fucking good

And we didn't get it.

That arena looks straight out of custom robo

What is this game a rehash of?

Do you even have to ask?

What

Oh, my bad. I thought you meant Star Fox Zero.

I would say this still falls under the "title-slapped" category you mentioned since it's from an unrelated tech demo.

Just as SFZero suffered from fucking awful motion controls, SFGuard suffers from it's own crippling flaw. The only way to change cameras is via the touch screen. Fucking why? They have shit tons of buttons they could have used. Hell, they could have used the dpad to let you switch from camera to camera.

But no, you must tap the camera you want on the bottom screen. And you have 12 of the fuckers you gotta monitor. It's a giant pain in the ass and overall pretty boring.

Ive heard its alright

They should have learned from 64, then, and used proper analog aiming, removed all the shit gimmicks like slow helicopter robot dangling computer hacking stealth levels, vehicles that aren't arwings, etc.
Every single fucking level should have had the intensity of Area 6. Instead we got a game with no intensity, no difficulty, no tension, and a shitload of useless vehicles that all use fucking tank controls for no reason other than to artificially push the "look how amazing waggle is this time guys, for real this time you love waggle" agenda.

Yeah, it was "decent". That's what's disappointing. It should have been mind-blowingly amazing, but it was just kinda good. So fucking pissed off.

Why give players options and use available buttons, when you can force players to use your current gimmick so the shareholders feel like the gimmick was worthwhile in the first place.

Seriously, the next Nintendo Console needs to do away with all gimmicks and just stick to the Pro Controller and make real vidya again. It's been almost 15 years since Nintendo made a game without forcing gimmicky controls into it.

Nintendo is determined to make you like their gimmicks.

Star Fox Zero

Star Fox Guard

It's like poetry it rhymes.

Seriously though, at least Guard isn't full price and the controls feel like there's an actual point to them.

Yeah, I guess it is weird that platinum and Nintendo dropped the ball. I wonder if the switch in president had anything to do with it.

Either way, I got it for 40 and I'm happy with everything but the amount of content. The gameplay has a learning curve but feels great when you get used to it. Reminded me a bit of TWEWY. The graphics and frame rate are nice, and the voice acting is good. It just needed a bunch of more content than was present.

you know ass it was going to be Star Fox game months later

just like Blast Ball being a Metroid Prime semi-spinoff but "as a shitty surprise"

Area 6 wasn't intense at all, you scrub, it's the easiest level in 64.

Also

Please kill yourself, you fucking casual.

I feel sorry for you.
Compare it to Zero, where you accidentally gold every single level your first time through. Yawn.

Yet it didn't have tank controls, so it was fine.
The submarine, the worst vehicle in the game, also didn't have tank controls, and thus controlled better than every vehicle in Zero save for the Arwing.
Motion control is waggle, user. All motion control, no matter how its used, is a cancerous gimmick that only drags gameplay down to shit.

This is what I'm hearing, why don't you put it up your butt instead. That would be a more productive use of your time than playing video games.

Nintendrone please. There's quantifiable things that we can complain about and your point is "Well the old games had it slightly less shit, so this isn't much worse!" What would have been fine is every level being Arwing on rails or in a nice open area. Not to mention we should have had more missions like the inside of the enemy cruiser. That was a nice throwback, slightly hampered by stupid controls, but that was basically the only nice use of transforming.

Justify to me starting Fichina in an Arwing to be pulled into the Landmastee which can now FLY LIKE AN ARWING.

can't aim unless you use a mouse huh?

The perfect control scheme is right there, but no, you will use our shitty garbage gimmicks and fucking like it.

Seriously hope the NX kills Nintendo, fuck em for the shit they keep pulling, the censorship is bad enough but constantly trying to shove gimmick shit into everything is where I draw the line.

Every. Single. Fucking. Thread.
If someone doesn't like the game, than they didn't like it faggot.

Mouse is literally the only peripheral where you can legitimately aim. Not to call all games with motion bad.

I did, though. I medal'd 64 entirely.

Everything you post is fucking retarded. Please kill yourself.

You're retarded too.

Definitely the faggot from the other threads.

There's a difficulty setting on 64?

Is there a way to up the difficulty in Zero?

Do you do this for free?

Mouse is like aiming with motion

Not "like". It is.
Though people typically mean waggle when talking about motion control.

do you hold a single fact it was titled-slapped at first?