I have very little about Leon Trotsky and would like to know a bit more about his life and work...

I have very little about Leon Trotsky and would like to know a bit more about his life and work. So I wanted to ask if anyone knows a good documentary I could watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6galA27h-TQ
mariborchan.si/audio/trotsky/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's pretty accurate

I was going g to say it was shit, but your judgement is right.

I don't know but lefty Tintin edits needs to become a thing. Have some OC.

R E A D I N S T E A D
E
A
D

I
N
S
T
E
A
D

wsws has tons of stuff on him

LOL I NEED TO WATCH THIS

Idiot internationalist that got an axe to the head by the true alpha

I'd recommend The Prophet trilogy for a biography of him. Definitely read his works though.Literature and Revolution is probably one of my favorites and is a good read.

Reading is for the bourgeois. True proletarians are illiterate.

This board in a nutshell.

See

Will check it out

Yes, I'm aware of The Prophet but it's more a long-term project. Just wanted some short intro documentary (if that's even possible)

I really liked the book "Rise & Fall Of A Revolutionary", it has more of a storyteller narrative so it's an easier read.

While looking for a link for you, I saw they made it into a documentary! Lucky you. youtube.com/watch?v=6galA27h-TQ

lel no

No one likes Trotsky except Trots, so there's no general introduction that isn't riding his dick. Permanent revolution is Trotsky in a nutshell though.

ty.

Like I said, I don't know much about him but why does everyone dislike him?
Thanks for the upload. I guess I'll get some reading done.

I think documentaries are possibly the worst way to inform yourself about Soviet affairs in general, not only those regarding Trotsky.

Trotskyists. Dialectical, ain't it?

More seriously, permanent revolution seems less like an explanatory theory and more like a revelation of the motor force of world revolution. That's the major objection against it, from what I recall. Trotsky has also caught a lot of shit for his theory of uneven and combined development. I know even less about that. Most of what i know about Trotsky has come from trots and anti-trots. He's certainly a contested figure thanks to all that shit.

Yes? If literature isn't your main source of information your perspective on affairs will always be limited, which is something a regular pleb can afford but not a fucking communist.

If you are too lazy to read, you faggot, listen to this audiobook with intro by Zizek: mariborchan.si/audio/trotsky/

oh yeah, no doubt. I just like having documentaries on in the background while working, it's easy for me to absorb info like that. ofc it should also be supplemented with reading, but documentaries give a good general overview and I'll sometimes learn interesting trivia from them.