I have a Wii U and a fuckton of wii-motes

I have a Wii U and a fuckton of wii-motes
What mario party game should I get for me and my friends? Pic related?

oh, you liar, you!

PIC RELATED, I played without co-op

Wii mario parties suck major balls
t. someone who owned them up until 9

The only ones worth owning are 2, 3, 4 and maybe the one with the microphone just to fuck with people who are actually using it by screaming at them

Retardy stream when?

This. All of 8's minigames are stupid waggling shit.

I'll also add that 6 and 7 are fairly decent. However, 2 and 3 are usually seen as the best.

I don't like you, or your friends OP. Get Dokapon Kingdom instead.

THIS IS MY SAFE SPACE!! STOP TRIGGERING ME.

OP here

if it makes it any better
my friends are a progressive liberal black metal guy
and the other is a furry

Get some DSs and flashcarts - there's a boatload of quality local multiplayer titles on that thing.

Panzer Tactics would be a good start.

>>>/facebook/

Dokapon Kingdom.
Its Mario party mixed RPG elements.

It caused my family to split into two rival factions that are vying for control of their small town.

Its pretty fun.

Either your friend is fucking stupid or is one of those idiots who calls shit like Wolves in the Throne Room black metal.

The only good Mario Party games are the N64 and Gamecube ones
The rest are utter trash.

If you want a MP-like game that you can play on Wii-U get Dokapon Kingdom

he exclusivel listens to sunbather

I think you know what must be done

you've mistaken Holla Forums for /r9k/

Get a PC, an emulator and get roms of the first few games
dont touch the new ones

What's with this shit chart

you've mistaken /r9k/ for wizardchan

Original Mario party had some good minigames but the board game was retarded and had little sense.
Mario Party 2 perfected the formula for me.

2 3 and 6 should be top faggot.

I think 2, 3, and 7 should be top tier. How wrong am I?

well, why do you think 5 is the best, user?

Anyone who thinks 2 or 3 isn't the best should not be allowed to play videogames.
Get away from your computer right now.

The only bad thing is that DK wasn't playable but his minigames were fun as fuck.

Mario Party 2 on Wii VC

this.

lmao

Huh, that's a nice little detail.
I can't believe I didn't notice it before.

Don't talk shit on car battles, mate.

heh heh

okay, but is that necessarily so bad? whats wrong with it? sure theres the car but how is that necessarily a bad thing other than being different? honest question, i have no idea the mechanics of cario parties

bump

I remember Mario Party 5 having shit maps.

Seriously that Space level was so terribly designed of the little I remembered it.

None. Instead get a die and whoever rolls the largest number wins. There, I just saved you an hour of boredom, you can use the time to play a game that is actually fun instead.

this. i miss when someone on Holla Forums would stream some mario retardy.

asslbasted he got his star stolen by my boo play

I remember renting out Mario Party 4 a ton of times as a kid. Funny thing is I probably could have just bought it if I'd just saved all that money.

hol' on lemme try and give my grizzled vet opinion
Played it just once at a friend's house, it was extremely bad looking even for an n64 game, moderately fun
Oh shit, minigames were great, maps were really nice and the whole substory thing was fun as hell the first time through. It suffers from CPUs taking fucking forever to finish their turns and AI hiccups a lot compared to the other ones.
Perfected the normal mode for Mario Party, had AWESOME minigames next to some forgettable ones, the Mt. Rushmore thing was really endearing and BATTLE MODE FUCK YES YOU'RE THE BEST MODE EVER
Overall it had a LOT to offer for such a niche genre, it did however really have an hard on for rotating that fucking control stick
My nostalgia-goggles fuck with me, but it was also one of the best ones and graphically the best looking one of them all imo. It had a LOT of minigames and the idea of customizing the pack so that you could just choose those you liked or infuriated your friends. The DARK STAR modes were awesome, I have spent a lot of time just faffing about in the volleyball minigame (which is honestly pretty good) while the presents for each character were really cute.
It also had some of the most annoying shit in it: the mini-mega shrooms were shit and boring, the AI wastes even more time talking to every single shop owners and event person, everyone walks like they're grannies in a retirement house, you have to beat the story mode so many times to unlock everything and I didn't find the NPCs particularly funny or interesting, even though it had a diverse theme compared to the previous ones.
Everything looked pastel as fuck, this is not a Spongebob episode god damn these minigames are boring as shit wow these minibowsers can sod off and why are they picking on one of their own
The idea of using the capsule toys was pretty fun, but I hated how longwinded the AI got with them and the dispenser looks retarded even for Mario's standards, the Gelato themed stuff was really nice looking though.
Literally the only thing I remember having fun with were the titular microphone minigames, everything else is this huge blur of unfun maps and bloated everything, the car minigames was such a waste of time and potential and the Horror Land gimmick applied to the whole game was useless at best.
Like 5 but a bit more varied and saturated
Literally as cookie cutter as it gets
Minigames were a bit better, I liked the added characters and the Train map was really fun to play on, but it suffers from the horrible waggling controls and someone really must have loved to create custom particle effects because anytime you try and eat a mushroom it looks as if you're about to cast some Harry Potter shit. Passable.
never played it because who cares at this point
I hear people liked the Bowser shit but ditto as 9
I felt ripped off good when I picked this up, not only is it not a Mario Party, it's not even a fun game or minigame collection
It's like just a bunch of stupid errands to perform with four mascottes
The music is by far the worst part, it's that yoshi island 2 ass trumpet theme tier
Was alright, but no one wants to play such a longwinded game on handhelds so what was the fucking point
Graphically looked worse than shovelware fantasy games tho
never played it, will probably pirate it

All in all if you ever have friends around, pick up 3 for a full blown game and 4 for the extra modes

g-give me feedback guys

Coins and Stars are gone, you just vie for mini-stars that you get by hopefully getting a decent roll. The mini-games seem okay but the board movement is just dumb. It's a hard limit of movement on the board rather than a set number of turns, and the winner is determined by the number of not-coins rather than planning how to get the stars and stealing people's coins to get stars instead.

If you had never played Mario Party before, Cario Party is probably okay. If you go in hoping for normal board game movement, you'll be disappointed.

1-4

everything after that is garbage

if you MUST get a wii mario party, then 8 is the only choice, 9 and 10 are fucking garbage

Rotation as only in MP1

Also, if you can only get Wii party games, might as well just skip it and get Fortune Street.

I'll echo this user.

My favorite was Mario Party 2. But overall you will get a solid experience with the first 4, maybe 5 if I was being generous.