Here is our new Hellboy. I think he looks really cool, but I don't have much faith in the actual movie

Here is our new Hellboy. I think he looks really cool, but I don't have much faith in the actual movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

multiversitycomics.com/annotations/hellboy-reading-order-2017/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks pretty badass. I didn't even know they were making a new one.

how is he any different

Obviously, he's shirtless :^).

The original Hellboy movies relied on a thick layer of prosthetics, so it's not the lot that bothers me. Ron Pearlman's voice and delivery were what really made the character so excellent.

I had the same initial thought, but I think we've just forgotten what the original looked like.

Get ready for Trump and conservative jokes out the ass.

Holy shit, those chicken legs!

But they are jokes, user.

What does that have to do anything?

Looks bigger and tougher. Wish they're give him a glove or something on his bare hand though. Also why is his hair not tied up?

Other than that, I can't look forward to this with the knowledge the main actor and probably everyone else involved in this film are anti-trump "nazi" punchers.

Looks bad to me

I always saw hellboy as more gruff than "badass"

Looks like a fat balding spic

Are you sure it's not cosplay?

Another white person taking roles from demons smh.

His head is too thick

Hellboy is mixed race
Half human

Doesn't look that great, but it might be fine depending on how the film is lighted.
Hellboy has always had this sort of melancholic, lanky attitude that the films have don't really seem intent on capturing.

Hellboy always did have those bent legs though.

I've always thought Hellboy (comic) was pretty tame. What are they gonna shoehorn into this now that it's supposedly R-rated? Or did the ratings board became a lot more conservative again.

Looks the same, the lighting is drastically different is all

no, he got scars and the fist looks like iron instead of rock

wew

Also, the pecs are different, and the prosthetics look a bit more detailed overall. I think it looks great, I just wish it would be Ron Perlman under there.

longer hair, more scars and visible veins, nipples, and it seems like there's no tattoos/glyphs on his right arm.
But yeah, there is little difference. The original was pretty damn good, and the new one is also pretty good.

this

REDDED

I don't like it

Liz Sherman naked, hopefully.

That's a long neck he's got there.

for some reason people here like to bitch if trump so much as gets made fun of

You guys remember those hellboy animated movies?

I never saw them. Were they good?

kek

This movie is not going to be as fun as the Del Toro films is it?

He looks like Grom Hellscream, not Hellboy, but he does look better than the last incarnation.
This one's not Ron Pearlman, right? Who is it?

Would it be race-mixing to pair him up with Raven from DC?

David Harbour from Stranger Things.

Hopefully it will be closer to the comics than The Golden Army was.

Has Mignola really ever talked about anything with politics? Of course the film reboot is up in the air when it comes to political references, but I wasn't aware of any heavy-handed preachy shit in the comics. I know there's that annoying as fuck black woman and the punk grrl, but they have somewhat interesting or tragic backstories at least.

(checked)
Is there any scene or arc that you think they could adapt really well to film?
The end of Hell on Earth is something I figure they would have a problem with as if they would ever adapt that to film.

It would be really fun to see the Shamballah/Inner Earth stuff done on film. Himalayan landscapes, massive subterranean caverns, weird dwarf-men, Kirbyesque machines…

Yes please.
It would also be cool to see the prehistoric world from The Abyss of Time.

Looks like fan art to me it's not mignola's anyway

I think they were better than the live-action films

There's this one comic where hellboy finds a medium who was possessed by a eldritch horror and it had to use the fluids in it's hosts body to make a body for itself to manifest on earth but it's host didn't have enough because he wasn't an elephant so it wasn't fully manifested, the host was a shrivelled up corpse.
I thought that was pretty interesting

Sheit, I remember that one.
I really need to just go back and re-read everything. Did that more than a year ago (first time) and they've added plenty of stuff since then, it seems to me.
multiversitycomics.com/annotations/hellboy-reading-order-2017/
There's an update to the reading order from June.

Whoops should've broken the link.