Times of Israel: There is no sign Trump will dismantle the Iran deal

Times of Israel: There is no sign Trump will dismantle the Iran deal

It is often said that American presidents campaign in poetry and govern in prose. Pre election, they offer striking visions of what they will achieve, as if they were absolute monarchs. But out there in the real world, politics is the art of the possible and governance requires nuance and compromise.

Many cheerleaders for President Trump assumed he would transform America’s Middle East foreign policy. The American embassy would be moved to Jerusalem, the Iran deal would be eviscerated and the two state solution would be history.

Trump would be to Obama what Obama was to Bush.

Despite campaign pledges to ‘dismantle the disastrous deal with Iran’, there is no sign this will happen. At his confirmation hearing, James Mattis, the new Defence Secretary, said that the US had to stick to the agreement.

Despite acknowledging its imperfections he declared that ‘we have to live up to it and work with our allies’.

These allies (Britain, France, Germany, Russia and China) are the other signatories to the accord and they have no desire to renegotiate it.

Quite simply, they are too busy doing business with and investing in Iran.

Trump has issued harsh rhetoric against the ayatollahs, putting Tehran formally ‘on notice’ for firing a ballistic missile, though quite what this means is unclear.

Washington is imposing new sanctions on individuals and companies that help Iran’s missile program but realistically, the US will enforce the Iran deal, not dismantle it.

Similarly, Trump vowed at last year’s AIPAC conference to ‘move the American embassy to the eternal capital of the Jewish people, Jerusalem.’

But just before the first post inauguration phone call between Netanyahu and Trump, press secretary Sean Spicer said that the administration was merely ‘at the very beginning stages of even discussing this subject.’

He added later that the administration would do no more than ‘continue to consult with stakeholders’ on the decision.

Jordan and Egypt, two key US allies, are among the stakeholders opposed to what they see as a dangerously destabilising move.

But Israel too may be wary, given the possibility that an embassy move could spark a wave of Palestinian violence or even a regional conflagration.

It is probably safe to conclude that there will be no imminent change to the status quo.

As regards the peace process, much remains unclear. When Trump picked his bankruptcy lawyer David Friedman as America’s new ambassador to Israel, many believed it signalled a changed approach to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Friedman remains a bitter opponent of the two state solution and is a strong supporter of settlements.

But the mood music in Washington has not quite been so black and white.

Last week, Sean Spicer issued a statement stating that the ‘construction of new settlements or the expansion of existing settlements beyond their current borders may not be helpful’ in pursuing peace.

A White House statement urged ‘all parties to refrain from taking unilateral actions…including settlement announcements’. This was because the US was ‘very interested in reaching a deal that would end the Israeli-Palestinian conflict’.

This doesn’t suggest an automatic green light for annexation or settlement expansion.

In the words of Dennis Ross, it appears designed to ‘chill some of the exuberance of those on the Israeli right who think they have a blank cheque.’

President Trump made many grandiose promises before he was elected. Now that he is governing in prose, reality is a much tougher proposition.

blogs.timesofisrael.com/there-is-no-sign-trump-will-dismantle-the-iran-deal/
Archive.is is down for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.timesofisrael.com/there-is-no-sign-trump-will-dismantle-the-iran-deal/
brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/06_iran_strategy.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=1X6OAucemtE&app=desktop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Haaahhaahaa
Sorry Chiam

Yeah it just hangs for me too. This works though:
web.archive.org/web/20170207195651/blogs.timesofisrael.com/there-is-no-sign-trump-will-dismantle-the-iran-deal/

Hopefully this means less shilling on the board.

THE GAINS YOU MAKE TODAY WILL BE DOUBLED BUT ONLY IF YOU POST AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

GOOD

Both nations should stay in their respective deserts and have nothing other that limited trade agreements with the west.

Holy shit are we still playing making believe here? We already know what's going on, the deal is designed to be amazingly good for Iran, then we say Iran broke the deal and is therefore super evil and crazy too so we better go kill them.

It is all right here, written eight years ago, publicly available. Everything is already in motion for the war. The media is just going to pretend like oh here is this great deal and oh here is Iran insanely breaking this deal and oh here are a bunch of experts on how Iran is crazy and dangerous and oh wouldn't you look at
the time it is war'thirty. Ha some protestors got arrested, here's some sportsball.

The rest of your kind aren't here shekelberg

good luck iran, I think you deserve more of a chance than the kikes and the mosque funding giving saudies. At least in your region.

Where do i get more of this drawings Mr wyatt?????

butthurt Jew spotted

3.33 % chance the good guys win, 6.66 % chance the bad guys win. 0.01 % world explodes

There's just no way to know for sure. but KeK will make sure it all works out in the ebd

I think what's happening is we're seeing Trump play the same schtick he did in the campaign already. Subvert and avoid everyone else's expectations and come out on top for himself. I doubt he'll get drawn into a war that easily, and during the election we had plenty of times when it wasn't really clear how he'd proceed.

What will most likely happen is he'll find a way to strongarm Iran into accepting concessions while also making the kikes look stupid for trying to force a war.

b-b-b-but PLUMBF is an israel puppet! h-he married his daughter to da jooooooos!!

I'll be going to the gym later tonight.
AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

TRUMP IS PLAYING EVERYONE!
Like usual.

Samegoy. Archive.is is back up
archive.is/iRFqS

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

What are you hitting tonight Holla Forums?

AYAYAS CHECKED

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

I'm hitting squats and legs

That’s what Jared Kushner thinks...

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

arm day for me. Don't blow your back out on those squats now.

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

I wanna get yuge and become a big guy

Who is that blonde anyway? I remember that cringey fucking doughnut photo with Shillary.

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS
I ATE 6 CHICKEN BREASTS TODAY
MAY THESE GAINZ BE DOUBLED

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

All these anons lifting and getting /fit/. Beautiful.
Keep lifting. You will make it.

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

AWAKEN MY AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAYAS

We all gotta be /fit/ by the time the race war breaks out.

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

this is now an ayaya thread

AWAKEN

Was derailing this thread part of your plan?
This was looking like it was going to be a pretty shit thread anyway.
AWAKEN MY AYYAYAS

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

AWAKEN MY AYAYANS

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

I never bought into the war with Iran crap to begin with. It's preposterous. They're longtime allies of Russia and the U.S. isn't going to stir shit with Russia.

Is it a VPN? The amount of spam is a sure indication of a quality OP, one that someone really wants to kill.
The ass pain is delicious.

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

Is that shoop'd and also is this a real thing that happens to some /fit/ fags?

Your gains will be halved.

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

Looks like a guy who rides his bike 4 hours a day

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

That's the most cancerous thing I've read today.

This guy always makes me think that he only walks the earth because some archeologists ignored the carvings regarding curses and broke into his steppe-pyramid

Cry some more Moshe!

Triple posting doesn't look less obvious than when you were (1) ing. I'm going to keep this thread archive as an example.

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

(checked)
(checked)
AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS
Have another version of that

AWAKEN, MY MASTERS!

This thread is pure gold. I've never seen this kind of reaction.

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS
Fuck the jews too!

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY ONE FAGGOT
CONSTANTLY MAKES COPY PASTE NEWS OPS AND POSTS THESE FORCED MEMES??=
Guaranteed this is A Wyatt Fagg and his NetJerks shilling his rehashed work.
Absolutely pathetic.

user pls.

The news story in the OP is significant. The hard shilling started with that missile being fired. Then, Iran thread after Iran thread, catalog spam like in pic related, and finally spamming in the thread that shows it's not going their way. Sorry, user, I'm more convinced now than ever.

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

low energy faggot
AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

I sure don't have the energy to fill out as many CAPCHAs as you do. You must really love your fellow Jews.

Thread killed

I take it you dont lift

What does lifting have to do with the topic of this thread? Keep your IP awhile. Stick around, man.

What's your point

Yes. Alternatively, working out your legs and core but neglecting your arms results in T-Rex Mode, which I'm sure you can figure out.

What's yours? I'm just happy you keep this thread bumped.

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

A bump for my wonderful president. I wonder how long until these kikes take him out.

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

Bumping for AIPAC tears

If I could describe how I feel right now after hearing this news this video would be accurate youtube.com/watch?v=1X6OAucemtE&app=desktop

This (1) gamergay meme needs to die. People are free to enter a thread, comment on what they want, and leave especially if it's more entertaining than the OP. Everyone is laughing at you.
>>>/trs/
>>>/out/

Kek. I wouldn't want to be a shill right now, i can't even imagine how buttblasted they must feel currently.

I think they would be even more buttblasted at your timely dubs. I have to admit that I was one of those people who was skeptical. I'm happy that I was wrong.

Checked dem Hitler dubs
Shills grown prolapsed assholes after getting practically raped by Trump saying we defeated the wrong enemy on HOLOHOAX indoctrination day

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

Seriously, if you don't know where this meme came from you're newfag trash, get out.

camel fucker spotted

(checked)
Thanks for the bump. Sorry I missed out on the inception of your incredibly dank meme.

Who gave billions of dolllars to whom? You're referring to the oil revenues that were unfrozen?

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

Bump

looks like this thread was crashed with no survivors

No shit, during his entire campaign he kept saying he wasn't going to rip up the Iran deal. Kikes are either retarded or so dishonest they can't even comprehend a man sticking to his word. oh wait it's both

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

Everyone please take note that this thread got derailed by "Awaken my ayayayas" bullshit after I posted:

Holy shit are we still playing making believe here? We already know what's going on, the deal is designed to be amazingly good for Iran, then we say Iran broke the deal and is therefore super evil and crazy too so we better go kill them.

It is all right here, written eight years ago, publicly available. Everything is already in motion for the war. The media is just going to pretend like oh here is this great deal and oh here is Iran insanely breaking this deal and oh here are a bunch of experts on how Iran is crazy and dangerous and oh wouldn't you look at

the time it is war'thirty. Ha some protestors got arrested, here's some sportsball.

How is it an amazingly good deal for Iran? I don't understand this. If anything, the deal is a return to status quo ante for both sides. The US/EU relaxed sanctions and returned stolen funds. Status quo ante. Iran reduces Uranium enrichment and promises not to make nukes, which were forbidden by their supreme leader anyway. Pretty much status quo ante.
The Brookings plan won't work because people are weary of war, wary of false flags, etc. It's not the same world today as when that paper was written.

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

DON'T DO IT! HE'S TRYING TO SABOTAGE YOUR GAINS!

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

israel implodes oh yea

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

israel implodes oh yea

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

israel implodes oh yea

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

israel implodes oh yea

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

israel implodes oh yea

AWAKEN MY AYAYAS

israel implodes oh yea