How will artificial intelligence be treated in a communist society? More specifically AI with human-like intelligence...

How will artificial intelligence be treated in a communist society? More specifically AI with human-like intelligence. Also what are your thoughts on transhumanism?

I just want an anime cat girl slave. It doesn't have to be sentient either, maybe just keep it at childlike levels of intellect.

In a post-spook society I see no reason why any intelligence would be treated differently from another, I mean, outside of just general disdain for someone as a person or something.

As for transhumanism: I think it's as inevitable as it is awesome. I have great hopes for technology liberating us from spooks and oppression.

If transhumanism comes before communism, I fear for the worst. Other way around, I don't see any problem.

True, the Silicon Valley types would probably use it for nefarious purposes and attempt to restrict all the new life changing technologies to the upper echelons of society.

Same with how automation isn't inherently bad, but capitalists and neoliberals will most definitely be exploiting it for personal gain.

AI with human-like intelligence does not exist

don't you have a creationism forum to get back to or something?

What

We'll never develop such thing.
Shit is too fucking complex.

It's not really fully automated communism if androids are doing work for nothing while sentient. So they should be same as or similar to humans.

luddites please go

Think instead of an AI controlling thousands or millions of androids.
It's like if you had thousands of autonomous hands. Not really comparable to the labour of two handed humans.

They should be treated like any other.

Transhumanism would be horrifying in a capitalist society but alright in a communist one.

In an anarchist world, people and beings would form connections and assemblages with other people and beings - of any background, species, intelligence level, etc - based on desire, mutual aid, and/or compassion. Questions of the "who/what counts" kind simply wouldn't come up. AI's would fit in just fine.

However, the fantasy of AI's of human-like intelligence misrepresents the use of technology in capitalism. Today, technology is always a means to enslave. It is a way of subordinating humans to the inhuman logic of the system. The machine exercises control over the human (worker, service user, etc) on behalf of the manager or shareholders. Today, much of this work is done by algorithms. We are not far off the point where machines more intelligent than us are subordinating us to mechanical processes to serve the self-reproduction of their own algorithms. Obviously this cannot be tolerated, any more than subordination to a human master.

The tragedy is, that AI's are not doing this themselves, they are being created and programmed to do it by humans.

Also, check out Brian Holmes's work. The rise of robots to replace workers will initially mean that we are all reduced to the level of Haiti. But it could mean the end of capitalism since it is no longer possible to extract surplus value from labour.

I think its physically and politically impossible, and thus a non-issue.

Typical transhumanist fanatic's response to scientific reality and facts.

Cybernetics fag here. (Also generally tech pessimistic)

You have to be careful about trying to predict the future. Just look at how stupid the 1950s retro-futurist space age and atomic age look to us now.

I believe we'll eventually build a "hard AI", because there's nothing special about human intelligence beyond the bioelectric wetwear and illusion of consciousness this generates.

This would be a defining achievement of humanity, but comparing it to human-like intelligence won't be very useful. It will likely scale immediately beyond how we define and test human intelligence.
For a sentient AI, there's the ethical question of whether this is a machine we own, or a "child" of humanity, basically one of us and redefining us as a technogenic species. Especially if that barrier has already been blured by extensive use of cybernetic implants.

you can't possibly apply absolutist statements like that to science and technology, people said we'd never fly or goto the moon either. The brain is no more magical than either of the previous, and is just as inevitable to recreate as nature did in the first place by mere accident.

Anytime someone says something can't be done in these matters, they are usually proven wrong.

Another pathetic strawman argument. You transhumanists are like a broken record.

lol

You won't live long enough to see if he was wrong.

I don't need to live long. I can see that he is wrong right here and now.

Transhumanism is the hope that some part of ones self will remain when the computer gods use their electronic necromancy to consume humanity.
Hopefully the singlularity will never happen, but unless some apocalyptic event happens, it probably will. I'm rooting for the super vulcanoes.

As an anti-natalist I'm against human-like intelligence.

Should you be for it, in that it will essentially obsolete humanity.

back to the woods, primmy

I wish transhumanists had our own board.
I mean, /th/ exists, but nobody uses it. I'm the BO of that board btw.

We've already surpassed the wildest imaginings of the great thinkers from 1000 years ago. We have machines which can literally talk to you and beat you at extremely complex board games. We're 90% of the way to full AI already. Most of the hard work was building computers in the first place.

I'm never having kids myself either, but an AI could be built without any of the flaws of humanity. Humans are doomed to suffer, but a machine intelligence could actually solve problems and make things better.

/r/futurology :)