Link Between Worlds?
Oracle of Seasons & Ages?

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/700624/d4ce20eb83
youtube.com/watch?v=UinDECA95kM
readhentaimanga.com/real-sex-please-english/1/1/
exhentai.org/g/164785/b73d510af8/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's the same game anyway, so run whichever is closer to you.

please elaborate

ALBW is mediocre.
Minish Cap is mediocre.
Seasons is king.
Ages is mediocre.
Awakening is good.
Alttp is good.
1 and 2 are mediocre.

All 2D zeldas are the same game released under the new name and with new backdrops, like Asscreed.
Once you played one of them, you played all of them. So it doesn't matter which one will it be.

I haven't played any of the 2D zeldas tho.

the original is the only good one because it came out first.

I'm not a hipster I swear.

Isn't it obvious?

You got some faggy taste, user.

CD-i

I'd say Minish Cap but that's mostly because I played it before I played Link to the Past, so I've got a lot of nostalgia for it even though it's probably inferior.
The original 2 games are great also.

It's just New Super A Link To The Past DS

It's definitely NOT ALBW, that game is mediocre at best.

I really liked Minish Cap. I think it's a great entry-level 2D Zelda.

After that play LttP, as it's easily the best.

The Oracle games and Awakening should be next on your list after that, like Minish Cap, they're by Capcom, and they're GOAT.

The originals on the NES are also worth a play, but contextually, since they haven't aged well. Zelda 1 is very arcady, and Zelda 2 is grueling, but has a lot of cool ideas that can only be appreciated if you've gotten used to the Zelda fornula, like Majora's Mask.

Don't touch the DS ones, they're a waste of time. Shouldn't even exist.

As for the Four Sword/TriHeroes games, they're ok if you have friends to play with, but really, they're more like spinoffs, more akin to Link's Crossbow and stuff.

If we talk 3D Zelda, they're all must play except for SS. However, do expect the series to get progressively worse with each installment. Whether or not you choose to play SS is up to you, but it's not a very good game.

i've only played links to the past, ages and seasons out of those for me.

Ages>Links to the Past>Seasons

pleb

I meant to say progressively worse with each installment after the n64 games.

Whichever is better between OoT and MM is up for debate. I personally prefer MM, but OoT is still a fine game.

Windwaker is worse than either of those, TP GCN is more or less on par with TP overall, better in some areas, worse in others, but TP suffers from being top similar to OoT, and ruining its main antagonist to shove Ganon into the story. SS is shit all around, easily the worst entry in the entire franchise if we pretend the DS games don't exist.

If I wanted A Link to the Past, I'd play A Link to the Past.

Even the map was the same.

I think it's a Frankenstein type of scenario or something.

Link's Awakening /thread.

Gee, I wonder why.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but even when the games aren't even in hyrule, the maps still end up looking pretty similar.

Wait, that tiny ass map is the whole game?

I agree. ALBW was mediocre nostalgia pandering all around. Idiots give it a free pass only because it wasn't as bad as SS.

Not always

Not always

Not always

Minish cap

Bump

Majoras Mask

Its still a 2D game because the monitor you emulate it on has to rasterize "3D" semantics onto a 2D viewing plane.

Not ALTTP. That game's overrated as fuck.
Link's Awakening perfected 2D Zelda.

you probably think traps are actually girls too?

Links Adventure aka Zelda 2. All you newfag cuckchan faggots can go home now, mom is calling u 4 dinner.

it hasn't aged well, like the other zeldas

It feels bigger when you're playing it, but yes. The dungeons, moving between the dark world and light world, and ability-gated exploration end up making the game feel suitably large, though.

Nice memeing, epic

finally someone with refined taste

games don't age, you do

What are your thoughts on Din?

i'm gay as fuck my man
she's cute i guess

Din a cute. Best goddess.

Ages over seasons but Din over Nayru.

There need to be /ss/ of Din and Link.

all of you are going to flavor town

A Link to the Past ≥ Link's Awakening > Ages = Seasons > Minish Cap > Legend of Zelda ≥ Adventure of Link > A Link Between Worlds

What. I thought AoL was considered the first blunder in the series. I haven't played either of them, though.

Switch Minish Cap and the Oracle games as well as ALBW with AoL and you've got a better list.

I'm sort of on the fence, because on the one hand Link's Awakening had the more interesting plot and I like the idea that, because you assign all items to a button, you've actually got some autonomy over your shield. you can use it to ram things and it protects you better because you can actually hold it up, rather than wait for it to automatically shield you from projectiles if you stand in one place like it did in the previous three games.

But, A Link to the Past looked better and had vastly higher production values considering it was for console and Link's Awakening was for handheld.

I think if the Game Boy had four buttons instead of two Link's Awakening would've been better.

I like Link's Awakening DX, but oracle of ages was probably better.

Need sauce

Nvm, got it.

exhentai.org/g/700624/d4ce20eb83

almost didn't share it just to be a dick.

Well, this thread doesn't seem too shit, although there have been a lot of attempts.

The Legend of Zelda 1
Good points:
Bad points:
Verdict: Great to see where the series got its start and is worth playing. Second quest may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Zelda II
Good points:
Bad points:
Verdict: Casuals will hate this game. Impressive effort by Nintendo's non Miyamoto/ Kondo team.

A Link To The Past
Good Points:
Bad points:
>The "Death tally" counts the amount of save and quits you did, not just your deaths, and it will fucking flare your autism
Verdict: If you have to play one Zelda game in your life, let it be this one.

Link's Awakening
Good Points:
Bad Points:
Verdict: Best story in the series. Either DX or Original is worth playing depending on your preference.

Haven't really played much else aside from the 64 Zeldas and Windwaker.

What about Oracle and Minish Cap, oh learned one

TP is only thematically similar to OoT. I feel like the gameplay, level design, and pacing was drastically different. Especially considering the horseback riding segments.

I personally didn't like the N64 Zeldas at all. I appreciate the non-handholding aspect, but sometimes it just felt like I had to DIG for clues just to get any information.

Probably Oracle of Ages. ALttP is worth a play, but I think it's overrated because by the time you get to the dark world, the dungeon design starts to get extremely repetitive

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I like the scheme of the oracle games the best

It more like LttP made for preschoolers with none of the elements that made LttP fun and all of the hand holding and "press forward to win" elements that makes modern Zelda games not fun.

2D Zeldas

God Tier:
Link's Awakening
Link to the Past

Great Tier:
Oracle games
Minish Cap

Good Tier:
Link Between Worlds
Original
Four Swords Adventures

Meh Tier:
Adventure of Link
Four Swords

Shit Tier:
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks

You goofed

Can you give examples please

I put Zelda II above ALBW because there really isn't anything else like Zelda II in the series, whereas everything ALBW does good, ALTTP does better.

I actually really loved ALBW when I played it the first time, but upon replaying it I found it to be kind of bland and easy. There's no real fun in playing through the dungeons over and over again, like there is in most other Zeldas.

why is replaying previous Zelda dungeons fun? they don't get randomized or anything…

Link's Awakening DX.

I don't know, I just find it enjoyable. Ocarina of Time especially. I don't know why, but I can never remember the dungeon layouts in that game, so every time I play them, I feel like I'm playing something sort of different.

Adventure of Link is an acquired taste, ALBW is just bad

I need this to be in a game.

Minish Cap, fight me.

I thought Minish Cap was adorable. Capcom hasn't made a bad Zelda game yet.

Minish Cap actually had a lot going for it to be honest. The overworld was very nice, it was one of the more quirky game but was able to pull it off without being annoying about it, the main gimmick of shrinking actually felt important and not completely shoehorned in and forgotten about.

It's been ages since I played the game so I don't really remember the dungeons too much, mainly I recall the ice\water temple and the cloud one,so I can't speak on part of the level design but I also remember how there were a bunch of collectable shit you could find in it between figurines and doing ALL of the kinstones made you work for it if you were going for a full 100% run. Next time I go home I need to see if I can find my cartridge because talking about it this much really makes me want to play through it again.

It's disappointing it took so many post to get to this.

I was being serious, it's fun and charming as fuck. It's one of the few games that actually made me smile while playing it. I had to emulate it, unfortunately.

Link's Awakening and the Oracle games (Ages especially) are the best.

Oh I wasn't disagreeing with you, I just felt like talking about it some more. You got a point about Capcom not making a bad Zelda game, 4 Swords\Adventure was ehhh but it was still fun even though multiplayer was a bitch to get going, I almost wish they made more but I think at this stage of hte game it's better that we're just left with the good titles they made instead of making new ones that aren't up to par\utter shit.

I like the art style of minish cap

What a useful contribution. Kill yourself.

I've seen some shitty charts, but that one holds a special place on my list of shitty charts.

The face when I have no face.

It's true that there is a trope zelda formula, but they have a lot of distinctions and cool aspects.

2D, I love Link to the Past and Minish Cap the most
The gameplay for link between Worlds is solid/good, but it it could have been more than it was.

where are his pants

he's going commando

One thousand very autistic hours in MS Paint.

*through

The legend of zelda.

Also 3d dot game heroes

I don't actually like the 2D games that much, but Minish Cap is fucking great and I don't understand why no one agrees with me.

explain you lies

a link to the past not only is the best 2d zelda. it's actually the best zelda by a large margin

Now that I think about it, he kinda has a point. If I recall correctly, Wind Waker has the only overworld that's not a big area full of nothing.

I mean apart from the 2D Zeldas, but you can't really compare them.

I mean I guess there was more stuff to do, I just hated the sailing aspect and I assumed he was counting the 2D ones because I never finished a 3d one cause they're trash imo

Awakening and Oracle's are the best.

I love 3D Dot Game Heroes, but that part of it is bullshit.

Everything on the Gameboy Colour.

Wind Waker's overworld felt the most like an actual, lively, seamless, world to me.

Also, I have a hard on for sailing in video games, so there's probably some bias on my part as well.

Wind Waker Hd removed two of those flaws.

Saying Ocarina's story is just a fleshed out version of A Link to the Past's is doing it a massive disservice, in addition to being inaccurate as Ocarina is actually a more fleshed out version of A Link to the Past's backstory

Ages is not a good game. It has annoying dungeon designs and the focus on more puzzle-based gameplay goes lengths toward turning the game into an awful, slow slog. The real killer, though, is its atrocious music.

Like christ, listen to this youtube.com/watch?v=UinDECA95kM

Great music, nigga

Looks like someone got lost for a few hours too long.

that's not the crown dungeon theme

You're right. How about this.

I'd still disagree that Link's Awakening's story is better than Majora's Mask's. Link's Awakening has some interesting ideas but Majora's Mask has the better ideas and the better characters

The barren overworld is definitely what drove me mad in Ocarina. Whereas in the prior games, 8 times out of 10 a screen had some kind of secret in it, almost every hole in Hyrule Field just felt really unnecessary.

Dense forests and perilous mountains in the 2D games, and then compartmentalized two way streets (with one or two warp zones each) in every section of the game. Ugh.

-by the time the dungeons get good, you're 3/4 of the way through them
-kinstone fusion hunts
-better use as few seashells as you can to get those figurines, because you're fucked if you spend too many
-kinstone fusion hunts
-WHERE IS MY SHIELD BIGGORON, YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE SHIELDS
-kinstone fusion hunts

I'd say ALBW deserves credit for characters. They're interesting at the very least, even if the story isn't up to much. Twilight Princess should also get credit for some pretty decent enough world building. And as for music, I'd say MM, TP, WW, and MC all fall into the same catagory as OoT.

Here is a link anyone can use.

readhentaimanga.com/real-sex-please-english/1/1/

Why is it fun to replay most video games?

It's not like they get randomized.

it's not though, unless they have PvP or randomized levels.

Or you haven't played them in 10years and forgot the story…

This is very accurate.

So you don't enjoy video games then? Because I can replay almost everything and nothing bores me. Hell, I'm replaying Rogue Leader right now because fuck you that's why.

I'm the same way. If a game isn't worth playing twice, it wasn't worth playing once. I don't understand the autists who play a game once and never again.

because there are other good games to play. It's like only reading one book your whole life…wtf

I "replay" games that have good replay value, games that have PvP or multiplayer, or multiple endings, or randomized dungeons, etc…

I'm not gonna replay a linear single-player game like some sort of obsessive compulsive nerd.

It's not even remotely like that. I read lots of books, and the ones I enjoy, I read again once in a while. Because I like reading books. Cinephiles are the same way with movies.
I'm not saying you can't like games if you never replay them, but I am saying that it makes you fucking weird, and that replaying good games is a joy.

I "replay" games that have good replay value, games that have PvP or multiplayer, or multiple endings, or randomized dungeons, etc…

I'm not gonna replay a linear single-player game like some sort of obsessive compulsive nerd.

Like I said, weird. I bet you never rewatch movies, either.

no.

To me, a non-randomized single-player game can have replay value, if it's a good game. Though I do wait a while, sometimes years, in between playthroughs. This is because I actually like playing video games, rather than using them as a source of neverending novelty. And like all media, most games are shit, anyway–so I can't just go, "lol tons of new games, gotta play them all."
Maybe part of the reason for my view is that I don't like multiplayer; if I did, I might feel a bit differently.

I see absolutely no problem here. I thrive well under time pressure, and I don't mean things like that faggot in Kingdom Hearts that uses water clones. Is it liked Dead Rising? DR displayed it's main story missions as "Cases" and if you failed any of them you'd get a different ending.

I played RE4 for almost 2000 hours.

But all zeldas are 2D.

Holy fuck. The most hours I put into a game was probably Fallout: New Vegas, at around 200 hours. I legitimately admire your autism, although I have no desire to achieve it.

That image is also 2D.

I see what you're doing, and I don't like it.

There is no such thing as a 3D video game. If you're talking about board games, those can be 3D, but video games are exclusively 2D.

How many photos of anime girls with question marks do you have?

What makes you ask?

Alcohol.

I downloaded it off here, I have no idea what the sauce is.

ok

I really don't see the appeal in this shit, it was kinda funny when she slammed her into the wall, but everything else was just so… Eh…

it's waifushit user, seeing a 2d girl blushing in her panties is exciting to people at that level of degeneracy.

why? the game takes like 16hrs to beat, 26hours if you wanna do EVERYTHING.

I put over 5000hours in World of Warcraft.

That's across all platforms, though 8/10 of it was the Wii version alone. It was my favorite game.
I beat the main game, Seperate Ways, and unlocked everything. Then decided to do more playthroughs to fuck around with different costumes and weapons combos, and played Mercanaries for hours on end. Whenever I was bored and had no new games, I'd go play RE4 again. It never got old, and it still isn't playing it again on PC. Already 20+ hours, can't wait to start modding it.

You're degenerate.

Is this show basically about beating up a short stack that makes stupid mistakes?

I just beat this again like an hour ago
I can agree

surprised no one responded to you user, here you go.
exhentai.org/g/164785/b73d510af8/

Ages is pretty shit. Worse items unless you use a password to transfer shit over, dungeons that focus on puzzles but fucks up by making most puzzles an exercise in tedium rather than a challenge or anything you need to even remotely think over, the absolute shittiest post and pre dungeon quests, worse final boss, worse bosses in general and it has an angsty faggot with hair in front of his eyes.

Half the people I've seen claim Ages is the better are fags who have turned out to not even have played the game but said they liked it better because they heard that the game focuses on puzzles more than Seasons and think preferring it will make them seem cool and smart without realizing the puzzles are kindergarten tier shit that is made to take a long time rather than to be challenging.

All Zelda games are in the same world.

This is a silly overreaction. Ages is a great game, seasons is a bit better but no need to shit on Ages like an autist