Anonymous hacker faces 16 years in prison, while Steubenville rapists walk free

An Anonymous hacker who helped expose the gang rape of a teenage girl in Steubenville, Ohio, is facing up to 16 years in prison, but her attackers are already roaming free.

Deric Lostutter pled not guilty to four felony counts of hacking on Wednesday, with three covered under the Reagan-era Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.

It’s the same law used to go after Reddit founder Aaron Swartz for downloading academic papers. Swartz later committed suicide at age 26.

"You get 16 years for forcibly entering your way into a computer, but you get one year for forcibly entering your way into a woman," Lostutter said. "I think that's the precedent the government is setting here."

rt.com/usa/358728-anonymous-trial-steubenville-rape/

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2011/02/black-ops-how-hbgary-wrote-backdoors-and-rootkits-for-the-government/4/
youtube.com/watch?v=IghcowGhRBc
reddit.com/r/srsdiscussion
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good

Anonymous is cringy af

Porky fears hackers.
911 only destroyed buildings, whereas hitting banking infrastructure would have been ruinous.

Proles have no value, so can be raped or murdered.

==we r le nonemoose== ->
==never fogiv== ->
==never forget== ->

This. In a future leftist utopia there should be no internet anonymity (your eyeballs need to be scanned to use it) and all men should have the freedom to enter their way into women without consequences.

Cringy is cringy

Porkie IDF pls go

oh wait, you were ironic. nvm then, that makes just some harmless troll

How do some people still believe that the bourgeois legal systems are there to defend them?

I really feel sorry for those hackers, too.

I'm getting some very strong Poe's Law from this.

Feel sorry for any poorfags on the wrong end of the US legal system.

Quality discussion as usual over here on Holla Forums

Why should I care about your moral outcry against rapists? How is this relevant to any bodypolitic of this age? Your individual feelings on individual cases are irrelevant to the larger picture.

k m8

Way to miss the point weeb. Anything revolutionary is going to involve "misuse of a computer" these days.
Having draconian "hacking" laws on the books is a great way to dispose of enemies of capitalism.

Nobody commenting on the fact that the attackers are arabs and niggers?

This isn't tumblreddit.

niggers and sandniggers get away with worse rape all the fucking time like the UK Rotherham atrocities.

this isn't news. rape should be promoted, really.

women deserve it for being white imperialist oppressors.

There is an systematic problem, but it is not related to this individual case. OP`s personal need for social justice is reason why this thread was created and it is based on his personal moral outcry along his virtue signaling.

Just like CHEKA and black army got rid of their ideological opponents?

as expected of a socdem

oh wow, so it actually is shills trying to fuck up the thread and not just one funny kid.
whatever, keeps it bumped.

You are retard

Read the article. Look at the case. It's about justice, not social justice. They are different. And this is an important case.

Why so many reactionary neckbeards?

duh…
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2011/02/black-ops-how-hbgary-wrote-backdoors-and-rootkits-for-the-government/4/

reminder that fullchan uses cloudflare.
the NSA doesn't have to crawl it, or intercept any ssl connections, they can just force CF to create a Room 641A (assuming they're not the initial creators of CF) and read everything in cleartext, running it through filters to detect on which sites suspicious discussion takes place.

you do know that cloudflare by design holds all their sites' private ssl keys, right?

I did not know that.

It doesn't have sites private ssl keys because it doesn't need to.
CF is a man-in-the-middle attack.

Site > (encrypted) > CF decrypts*, then re-encrypt with their key -> (encrypted) -> You

*Insert optional NSA tap

i don't think anyone outside the bitcoin community ever cared, and even there half the exchanges use cloudflare.

why do you think the NSA keeps DDoS'ing websites until they switch to it or a similar CDN under their influence?
cloudflare does absolutely jack shit about protecting from hackers' DDoS attacks, unless you have some static website that never changes but users can just keep that in their local cache lol. it's a scam.

i'm not saying it theoretically needs them, i'm saying it holds them in practice, because it is designed that way.
it says so on their own website.

afaik it can't decrypt with their own ssl key because of the way x509 is designed.
they don't have a legit certificate for 8ch.net or whatever the clearnet address of this site is, so they ask the 8ch.net owner, whoever that is nowadays, to give them his key.

anyway, i'm glad you understand how public key cryptography works and agree that it is vulnerable either way.

That's pretty funny, but there you go that's just another example of the state being idiots.

They DO have a legit certificate for 8ch.net

Check the common name and ALT names for the cert.

DNS Name: ssl419558.cloudflaressl.com
DNS Name: *.8ch.net
DNS Name: 8ch.net

Signed by COMODO

okay, maybe they changed their system, but then who created that certificate?
does cloudflare have their own root CA? that would be even scarier than morons giving them their private keys.
could also be that they told Holla Forums owner what domain names to create a certificate for, and he went to a CA and bought one like a dumb little bitch while porkies were laughing their asses off.

it says 8ch.net is signed by COMODO CA, does that belong to cloudflare? wikipedia does not mention CF in the Comodo Group article.

…and then he gave them his private key.
someone should make a cloudflare/hotwheels version of that laughing spaniard.
youtube.com/watch?v=IghcowGhRBc

Cloudflare do not have their own root CA.
But they do have an intermediate trusted by COMODO, and ultimately trusted by our browsers.

oh well, feds already have enough CAs, one more doesn't matter.
but a few years ago you had to give CF your cert.
now they advertise mitm as a feature:

Lol im tracking ur ip while typing this
Say bye bye to your router

Im going to start my DDoSer!!

To all you people hating on anonymous you better dont fuck with us. I love DDoSing cyberbullies… hehe

We are anonymous
We dont forgif
We dont forget
Expect us!

no, but if you are a shill working for the feds and don't pull a snowden, that makes you a nazi. or national capitalist or neocon or whatever you call yourselves these days.

I'm at the fbi headquaters right now

I actually love my job, the only thing i basically do all day is derailing Holla Forums, it pays pretty well by the way.

Shilling for the feds is an underrated job tbh fam

No, but opposing anonymous, especially when they uncovered a huge injustice that runs somewhat counter to the Holla Forums narrative and sentimentality, makes you look like an assblasted Nazi

You should get zero years for both.
The rapists should have mandatory psychological therapy, but nobody benefits from senseless punishment and cruelty.

bump, lel

This.
They may be autistic legionkids, but that doesn't mean they aren't useful or entirely mean badly.

Clearly, you'd be much happier in this community, then:

reddit.com/r/srsdiscussion

BYE!

You think spaghetti slippage should be a criminal offense?

analmose is autistic but this was pretty cool

"cyberbullies"

Okay guys it's time to harass the legion fag

is that what FBI is called these days?

Yeah, makes since, capital is far more important than human life.

What? One of the rapists is white