Thoughts on Liquid Democracy?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delegative_democracy

youtube.com/watch?v=fg0_Vhldz-8

As is understand it, you'd take the current voting system where you can vote for representatives + you can at any time directly vote on an issue.

As a voting system what are you thoughts? Could it work? why not? why so,etc?

The main problems I see with it are speed,old people, and lobbying. There would have to be strict regulations in regards to lobbying being factually sound and sourced,with fines to jail time for intentionally misleading the public.

Then put a hold on new laws except for extremely mission critical ones,while we revote/refactor all pre-existing laws.

Bills could only cover singular issues with a specific scope,killing riders and would need to be specific as to meaning and coverage.

You'd need some kind of staggered voting week,mandatory time off to go through the various issues but staggered to avoid cities shutting down.

This way the power is ultimately in the hands of the people. This isn't something could happen overnight,but gradually phased in.

Other urls found in this thread:

liquidfeedback.org/)
en.wikiarguments.net/
code.google.com/archive/p/wikiarguments)
code.google.com/archive/p/wikiarguments)?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_multi-party_computation
cityam.com/248561/wrong-colour-shoes-loud-ties-and-other-ways-you-can-ruled
youtube.com/watch?v=w3_0x6oaDmI&list=PL96C35uN7xGLux5q2c4P_IqbKF11-pfsR
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that post is a somewhat confusing.
have you looked at how the pirate parties use LiquidFeedback (liquidfeedback.org/) and WikiArguments (en.wikiarguments.net/ and code.google.com/archive/p/wikiarguments)

that post is a somewhat confusing.
have you looked at how the pirate parties use LiquidFeedback (liquidfeedback.org/) and WikiArguments (en.wikiarguments.net/ and code.google.com/archive/p/wikiarguments)?

the problem with using liquid democracy in important elections is that we do not yet have the technology to provide safe AND anonymous votes.

if someone builds an SMPC machine that can do PGP signing and verifying then we can use that to build such a system.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_multi-party_computation

sorry for double post, the DDoS is somewhat annoying.

no thanks

yeah well don't wear the wrong colored tie then it's the same irl: cityam.com/248561/wrong-colour-shoes-loud-ties-and-other-ways-you-can-ruled
(cloudflare encumbered :(
)

Basic.
There is no democracy when there is Anarchy.

So fuck off with democratic "values"

anti voting propaganda is retarded imho.
voting takes no time whatsoever, it's not like it stops you from whatever you were doing already.
not voting has no use whatsoever either, but voting has at least the potential to change something.

DO YOU WANT TO TRIGGER THE WHOLE BOARD OR SOMETHING?

well, let's say it's 1/10^1000000000000
that's still higher than not voting, which has 0 potential.

wew lad…

shit
literally today's opium of the people

that pic makes no sense in this context.
i think it's meant ironically

well, maybe it does make sense if it is targeted at but he doesn't look like Holla Forums.
generally fascists tend to vote a lot.

he looks more like a shill

reminds me of the flawed delegation system of the CNT that ultimately became a tool for the counterrevolution to be honest family

You still have the problem of threatening people to vote in a certain way, and there will still be other ways to rig the system through propaganda, collusion, disinformation, and the good old conspiracy. And is democracy and voting and letting yourself be trampled by the idiocy of everyone else, really freedom?

nope.
the protocol that i saw was designed to let people overwrite their votes as often as they like.
they can vote for drumpf and shillary and photograph themselves and get paid by both and then they vote for jill or pirate party or whatever.

now you're just going full retard.
all those apply to all political systems and have nothing to do with democracy.

Idealist, as most of the """"left"""" is today.

It could work,however since this process (as I understand) is decentralized you are practically forced to use a digital solution, and uhm… well I let my buddy tom explain it:
youtube.com/watch?v=w3_0x6oaDmI&list=PL96C35uN7xGLux5q2c4P_IqbKF11-pfsR
When we get to a point that this is reliable, I'd be the first proponent.

Also to all the 'muh demosracy types' here, you don't have to act autistic just be cause you're on a chan…

I think idealism is a more then natural response to neolibiralism