I am gonna copypaste the information from the site I saw these news

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/D8gw7
archive.is/2rozX
archive.is/38Fhc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good, he's been on that book for way too long. Longer than Stan or Michelinie
Good to see Marvel haven't really learned from their mistakes

What site was that? Could you please give an archive or a link?

This is the most infuriating shit in all of this. It's not that they're not making new F4 books, Marvel's current books suck. It's that, because Ike is being such a cunt, Fantastic Four is being memory-holed completely. Even reprints of old books are being allowed to go completely out-of-print just because Ike doesn't want to give Fox the 'promotional benefit' and the only people who suffer are the fans.

Its Screengeek, but the archive was taking too long and I decided to copypaste the info here.

Spencer “made his statement” now that Captain Sam won’t be the status quo (that was the original plan while Steve goes back to the maskless “Super Soldier” identity).

They should burn that bridge. Bendis is shit and hasn't been good for more than a decade.

Jim Shooter would have fired him

shitty day for me because i had to handle a lot of the online damage control until like 8:30

Well, that explains the past decade or so of shit they've been letting slip by.
Editorial should know by now that the diversity shit was a bad PR stunt that did not affect sales and will only continue to harm the company if they don't kill it ASAP. It will only get worse if they wait even longer.
It's a nonexistent market. At best, it's a couple dozen faggots on twitter. The money they bring in doesn't even cover the cost of shipping the comics to stores.
Oh joy, another rehash of a big event to try and scrape in some shekels. Worked so well for Civil War 2!
At least they admit that they are only keeping her around so they can get their e-peen sucked by shitty journos and idiots on tumblr. Her shit doesn't sell and the fans have spoken: She's a bad character and "positive response" doesn't mean shit.
Oh, I get it now.. They'll cry that everything is falling apart and insist that they are trying to do better by repeating their mistakes, but they don't want to fix anything.
That sounds awful.
This should be a massive red flag, not a breath of relief. She's easily one of the worst characters they've got and they feel she's the best thing they've got going right now.

And that is all by the way.

One of the big take-aways from this is that Marvel should really stop doing big events.

Yup.. it's confirmed. They are broken beyond saving. Any hope you had for Marvel should be discarded now. They are truly and completely detached from reality.

Case in point..
"We have no idea what fans like about our characters.. but we're not idiots!"
"Also, the reason retailers stopped buying our books was because of internet arguments!.." not because they were bad or poorly written or clearly made as a shitty marketing stunt to drive up sales.

I lost hope a while ago. I'm just here to sew how far they're gonna dig themselves into a ditch before they explode. At this point it would appear all the rational people are gone or just left for Image or DC. They're stuck with all the retards all over and the movies can't keep saving them. We all know after Infinity War releases its over.

tl;dr

Oh boy here we go! Let's see!
They cooked this for themself and now they need to swallow it. The Mouse made a logical demand: bring back the popular, let the "diversity" slide away. If this poor "understaffed" (you mean everyone with IQ was chased away), "under experienced" (you mean bad and talentless), "overworked" (ahahaha!!!) staff can't understand then they should be fired. Like ASAP!
Are they don't want money?
Yep, they don't want money…

For those who don't want to read: Marvel is still stupid as fuck, but the Mouse wants results (in money) not excuses. We probably will reach the point where we will see Disney power drill the Comics Department's ass with a spike dildo.

Two steps forward. Slott simply isn't a good writer anymore and he's been on the book for like a decade. It's time for some change.

One step back. Looks like certain key players at Marvel are still wed to their own egos.

Honestly, if I were Disney I'd just fire everyone and replace them with my own people. Cancel all but the important core books and basically soft-reboot the entire MCU.

I really don't believe this. You have writers and creative producers gloating openly about how comics are no longer a white male hobby as if it ever was in the first place. I find hard to believe that was merely accidental.

Thank God.

I Would be ok with a retake of Marvel horror franchises.

Just no more zombies.

Wasn't Cyclops dead?

On an unrelated way, would Marvel accept scripts for a story about El Agila, Werewolf by night and Wolfbane? maybe a few more totally forgotten Marvel characters in a quest to fix the universe from the madness of the gods.

It really is worth skimming through to find out just how fucked things are at Marvel, but here are some highlights just to give you the bigger picture:

Hmm, now that's a shame. You know I never was big into the Fantastic Four, what were some of their good stories I should look into finding? Them just completely binning them is probably a blessing to what fans they have, they won't get too fucked up in the coming shit storms.

All in all this is not surprising to hear but really just fucking confusing to see them continue to fuck up again and again. I wonder if Disney will ever take the axe to Marvel Comics at some point.

Its not out of the question though… They did ax their video game division for not making enough money as it hoped and discontinued Disney Infinity, despite having a fanbase. While comics don't have the same production cost as games, a clean up will be necessary before they consider pulling the plug.

They fucked up because they used the wrong character to represent Trump which was Hydra Cap.

Wasn't one of the main reasons people loved marvel cosmic then was no one cared about that corner for years and so the writers were actually free to do what they want? No oversight, no taking characters off a story because an event. It was all self contained and pretty much in the writers hands.

Hopefully the Marvel editors forgot that they're even printing it and will just let Hastings/Gurihiru run it until they're finished with it.

Disney, I can't believe I'm asking this. But can you please EA Marvel?

Cause then we could at least get a clean slate in a few years.

Basically anything by:
- Jack Kirby
- John Byrne
- Walt Simonson
And maybe a handful of others

or you could just post the archive link but then i guess we will all be able to see that the site is reddit , isn't it?

I was wondering why a lot of the "NEW" books were poorly made and formulaic as fuck. Now I know why.

Marvel just salty that they dumped a fuck ton of $4 HASHTAG diversity books on the market without realizing it'll piss everyone off.

If you suffered through the 2016 election, you're already aware that everything sucks, not just Trump. You don't need a giant comic arc reminding you of this fact, which is part of why Secret Empire failed.

People want to get away from that shit.

All the best books come from situations like that.

It seems all this information is a "leak" made by an ""insider"" who """""works in Marvel comics""""".
Some of the so called comic news sites are already reporting it as fake, so it is highly probably it is all a big load of bullshit.

They would have a lot to lose if this was real.

Well, there is the fact that we don't have a good reason to believe in some guy writing some stuff in some forum anyway.

More liek a hard right, amirite?
OK, maybe not.

A lot of what's written here is either stuff we already knew anyway or stuff that makes perfect sense given the climate of Marvel, so I'm gonna bet it's mostly true.

While all that sounds interesting and believable, these "leaks" happen all the time and more often than not they're fake as fuck. So I'm taking this with a little bit of salt.

That probably has more to do with Ike's penny pinching policy on in-print trades in general. Why keep waste money keeping most of your books in print and stored in a warehouse when you can let them go out of print and either doom them to the high-priced void of the collector's market or recollect them later for $40 a piece?

Marvel (and DC) don't accept unsolicited submissions, so no.

I want leftists to just shed this pretense of populism. They've built their entire ideological/class identity on hating the people and shtting on them at every opportunity for not being plugged into decadent fads in the capital.

Why?

I've only seen 25 issues for Soule's run on Daredevil so how far into the future will they replace him?

It'll be funny to see her get commands wrong in the middle of a battle.

This whole article is one long screed about how out of touch Marvel comics is with the rest of the world, and yet they have the audacity to insist that their little bubble is representative of the whole world and that all the classic heroes, the ones people like because they resonate so well with western society and it's values, are the ones that are out of touch with the spoiled "PoC", LBBTQIAetc, activist, gender studies minority.

archive.is/D8gw7

Here OP, I did your job and it took me hardly a minute.

You mean the ones that keep getting changed over and over again because of reader fatigue?

At this point I think anyone who doesn't just read/watch My Hero Academia for their superhero fix is just a fool.

None of these have lasted more than roughly a year. At most, two or three. But eighty years onwards, everyone knows who Steve Rogers is.

Punisher was never Cap. He just wore that in one arc after Steve's "death".

And what happens after a few months? They reset to status quo because an attempt to drum up sales with a big change/death/replacement, always pisses off readers more than anything else.

If I want a good superhero fix, I'll just read Astro City.

Sales dip
Change character
Sales increase
Sales dip
Change character back
Sales increase

Repeat until dead.

yeah, you don't need to be an insider to say that kind of stuff, just some information and that is it, you have your fake leak. Anyone could do it. The especific parts can be corroborated and the news say they are fake.

"Mainstream" comic book sites have good reason to declare this fake because they are the ones defending this diversity virtue-signaling, and acknowledging that this is causing ruin to Marvel plays against their own agenda.
I'd like to know which parts you think are too unbelievable or made up in this thread?

This for example.

Unironically hang yourself.

Not sure if you're the same guy from but it sounds like we're in agreement. The iconic characters keep getting reset to status quo because they know the change will only give them a temporary boost.

You don't understand. Even when they change it back to "status quo", the sales slip and they change the character again. It's a tactic started in the nineties and has only ramped up since then.

It's just another of the gimmicks the big two use to keep afloat. They limp from gimmick to gimmick. They never do anything substantial. Never actually trying to tell interesting stories that stand on their own. It's just a non-stop series of cash-grab schemes that make modern comics a torturous hell.

Great argument, mate.

Yeah, because yours is so riveting.
That is how you sound like, you fucking faggot.

lol sure… there are no social justice warriors in marvel right? fucking idiots.

That..and the writers on the line constantly took potshots at what happened in the mainline Marvel books.

Marvel has been on a downturn ever since Shooter left..and I'm pretty sure Shooter ain't coming back to Marvel after what Marvel did to him

What did they do to him?

The same thing they do to everyone else - screw him over.

Thought that was going to be a Loss parody at first.

How many of those comic sites shill for Marvel and end up having their staff hired by them in the future?

This shit took me longer than I thought it would.

Problem is that sjw was the stupidest gimmick to attach to. Sjw do not willingly let go, they salt the earth of anything they touch as they leave. They want nothing to live beyond them. Its why they give all of 2 shits for the health of a child, they do not see kids as the future. Just a tool for the now.

So, Shooter was working on a comic series called Plasm but then Marvel was all "No..we got a trademark on an unreleased comic called Plasmer..change the name or we'll sue". Shooter said "OK, it's called Warriors of Plasm now.." and Marvel say they're looking over it…and then waited until Shooter had to publish the book and then Marvel sued. Heck, even the Judge had to yell out at Marvel for that dirty tactic but the aftermath was Shooter got screwed and Defiant Comics folded a few months later.

So, no way in hell Shooter is coming back to Marvel..not unless Disney allows Shooter to hire a firing squad.

Whatever happened to Brocktimer? Did he stop posting because everyone was acting so rude to him? The last Venom comic remember reading here was 151, I liked that, but why haven't there been anymore storytimes?

Just like the PowerPack user, he wouldn't shut up about Venom and Brock. So he was rightfully bullied for it.

He either never left because we would never fucking know if he did or not, or he left because the site keeps shitting itself.

I enjoyed his threads. He seemed like a nice guy, and seemed to be getting what he wanted, shame he's gone. You guys were too mean.

Sounds like we got ourselves some new bullybait here.

If he couldn't take people on the internet being mean then he didn't belong here. In any case he probably just hasn't posted in a while.

I liked him. Not just because I'm a Brockfag too (was mistaken for him a few times) it's nice to be able to ID certain posters by the content of thier posts. Makes us feel more like a community and all that gay shit.

Also anyone who takes the time out to do a storytime is cool in my book, and he did them on the regular.

nice dubs, I hope e is not gone.

He made one last post a while ago saying that he was bored of Venom and Marvel, and that he was seriously depressed over the future of the white race.

Take out the dialogue balloon and it's perfect

Some user claiming to be him said he was burned out after Marvel announced Venomverse. Brockfag thought Marvel would actually stop with events and milking stupid shit that's going to be in movies or tv shows. Kinda made me feel bad for the fag.

While there's some shit in here that's been announced or discussed and some that's been either rumored or speculated for months, I refuse to believe any of this because it's too good to be true.

But even if this was all true it leaking would mean it would never happen. Last time something like that this got out is when Marvel's vp of publishing let slip that shops told them no one wants their stupid diverse characters. And rather then own up that maybe they were going the wrong way or maybe they tumblr comics weren't written or drawn well, they blamed the audience for being racist. And when that wasn't enough for the screaming harpies of twitter, they doubled down going out of their way to say just how much they loved diversity and these characters aren't going anywhere sales be damned. So if this true all it's going to mean is that Marvel will announce 5 more America and Moon Girl featuring Captain Marvel.

Marvel's VP saying that diversity didn't sell wasn't a leak though, it was an interview he made on Marvel Retailer Summit. He tried to frame the audience as being racists for the stories not selling well, but the PC brigade, rational and calm as they were, misread his words as him blaming diversity.

I don't like this.

Honestly, while it sound believable, it's probably fake. If it would be real, TBC and other comic sites would be all over it. I hope it is true, and that Disney ends up intervening and clearing the house.

How much will it take for them to kick Bendis out? It would be interesting to see him trying to self-publish. They could also just give him a "Bendisverse" where he would be free to masturbate to Luke Cage and fawn over Riri, but which would be unacknowledged in other books.

Get ready for Punisher curving bullets, firing laster, and using stun grenades. There will also be zombies, Satana will be desexualized, zombies, Robbie Reyes will get sidelined in his own book yet again, zombies, and vampires used as a strawmen for those intolerant Eastern Europeans who live in their terrorist free ethnostates and refuse to let refugees in. Blade will probably be played by Boyega or Michael B. Jordan and spout Wheadon-esque quips constantly.

Of course.

What would I give to see progressive ladies fighting male diversity hires over who gets to keep their Disney paychecks.

Yes. But then Marvel noticed that books gets consistent and decent sales for years, unlike other books which might start out high but eventually decline to the point of cancellation. Marvel probably wanted to turn the GotG into a major cash cow (like Spider-Man and X-Men), so to boost sales numbers they brought in Bendis, because he had "starpower," and introduced Tony Stark into the team, because Iran Man was at his peak of popularity due to films. How could this not work?
It was about as brilliant as axing the ultimate universe and One More Day.

I'm aware it wasn't a leak, but it was something honest about a company that tries it's hardest to paint sub-10K sales as a positive. It confirmed something that non-SJWs were saying for some time, these books aren't selling. Marvel would deny that up and down saying fans don't have the full picture. Then a higher up confirmed they don't sell and shops didn't want more of them. Even though he did try to paint the fans as the problem, the truth was out there and hurt them on the only place they appear to really care about, nobodies with blue checkmarks on twitter. Even though everyone now knew that these books weren't working, it didn't matter. They would continue to go this failing way.

If this shit was true, it would confirm that Marvel is in a shittier spot then they let on, just like with the VP diversity statement. And rather then right the course they would steer the ship straight into the rocks to save face in front of SJW lynch mob and the tumblr hacks they hire.

My theory is the other way around. Bendis is past his prime, he knows this. He's never going to make it outside comics, he knows this too. So he throws his weight around like the big fish in the small pond he is. I don't think Marvel brought in Bendis, I think Bendis demanded he get put on a book that was about to be a movie and directly led to DnA getting booted off the book. He mentioned in the past about having some influence on their GotG book regarding their use of Thanos.

The thing is, their early sjw books had some success. Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, etc. did better than they were expecting. So Marvel said "Let's exploit the FUCK out of this fad" and promptly flooded the market with sjw books, exterminating most of the audiences for their early titles in the process.

This failure puts Marvel and shops in a delicate position. They need to try something new as they desperately need new audiences, but they still want to keep what little remains of the sjw audience they built up.

Oh fuck you're right. I have to completely redo it now.

Done.

Kek

oh noooooo

Why not just create a Marvel Niggaverse, where white people don't exist, and just let Benis helm that?

ewe

No. Benis is not cool enough. He will not be able to channel the amount of "bad-ass" necessary for an all black Marvel universe.

>Oh, so all these hip, young, and diverse heroes aren't good enough to exist with the fucking white men? DISGUSTING!
Oh no, Marvel's gonna ride this train until it runs out of coal.

Without white people who would they blame for being a failure? The biggest fear of the black folks is a world where is no whites to blame on their savage nature and fails. See every african country where they sit on massive resources, no white man arround and they stil living in mud huts and killing each other.

The true tragedy of being a kang!

That was an idea pitched before but it didn't get picked up.

I bet marvel wishes they had a cosmic cube right about now. After this collosal fuck up it'll be a miracle if they survive the're never gonna make it with bendis and nick their terrible staff and the shit show that is generations guess this is what happens when you fuck with cap dont forget tho marvel let this happen they wanted all of this to happen.

The show goes on how will they ruin themselves further.

I'd read it.

Wonderful.

I won't say I care about the character, but she's among Marvel's Top 5 hottest characters IMO, while Whor would rate way lower. I certainly like her way better than Whor as well.

I can't believe you fags are still butthurt over Peter not being hitched in mainstream continuity. It's been more than a fucking decade and you have RYV to satisfy that fix.

So the asians, and other races die too. Still would read it.

It's movie synergy now, that's why they're gonna worship it into the fucking ground

I don't think that contradicts what the other user is saying. I can't imagine Ike the Kike made a call to push a Muslime teen hero, but Marvel is staffed with far left cunts who only hire far left cunts and it kind of becomes a de facto "No white dudes allowed" club.

Yeah, I think that's how it happens. It's the danger of that kind of ideological bubble.

It's like pointing to one random "Superman Dies?!" imaginary story issue from the 1950s and pretend it's the same as taking an A-lister off the board for over a year of publishing in the and replacing him with a mouthpiece.

Uh, what are you talking about?
Fraction's Hawkeye was a minor hit ("little book that could") but then wasted its audience because it took a year and half for the last six issues to come out. It did okay in trade, at first anyway. But it's absolutely laughable for Marvel to still be pushing the Hawkeye property as a normal ongoing series (which they're doing) based on Fraction Hawkeye 1-6 sales. I agree that they are doing this but it's absolutely pitiful.
And Captain Marvel has never worked. The Carol revamp has not worked at all and has continually had terrible sales. They push it anyway because they hope it will catch on. I bet even the movie won't help it beyond 1-2 sales dump issues.
Or do you mean Ms Marvel? As with Fraction's Hawkeye, it sold slightly more than expected and did goodish in its first collected edition. Ever since it's dropped like a rock.

You know the thing I wonder most about all of this is what Ike thinks about his staff 24/7 tweeting hatred against his bud Donald. Like, does that ever come up in his mind? Or does he just not care? I'm half willing to bet that Ike is so weirdly out of touch that he doesn't even know about it.

I'm dead serious. I think there's like a 20% chance that if we could just somehow show Ike the twitter feeds of Breevort, Slott etc. then he would fire his entire staff instantly.

How many times do we have to explain the comics industry? Seriously?

Movies and tv synergy ruined marvel, they're keep changing directions to follow mcu

That jew is really petty but then again FF deserved to rest

MCU changed all that

The greatest about the DIVERSE run…is that it could have been done so well.

I want SpiderGwen.

Hydra Cap and Red Skull weren't even wrong.

WHAT

OH GOD, OH GOD IS IT HAPPENING AM I GONNA BUY SOME MARVEL COMI-

Not in today's world. Dwayne McDuffie isn't around anymore to show these fuckers how it's done. Marvel couldn't bothered to try and get Priest on board. Gone are the days of women with flaws or black characters that are well rounded.
Instead it's just a bunch of cheap hacks who only care about making sure their books check all the right boxes. Marvel probably has more female solo titles than ever, but they all read the same because they're all the same variation of some Whedon knockoff. All these nig and spics, but rather then have them be some kind of character they're just loud, obnoxious, boring, and constantly praised before they do anything worthy of praise. And the worst part is Marvel won't let them fail.

The sooner the big two die off, the better the industry will be.

Of course he doesn't you idiot, he's rich, he cares about what makes him money. That's why Silicon Valley execs are in turn pro-business libertarians when dealing with Republicans and bleeding-heart liberals when dealing with Democrats - they can afford to buy both sides and tend to come out on top no matter who wins. Ike is no different, unless he manages to piss off the Mouse.

Priest is actually writing an comic of the Inhumans' earlier days right now, the second issue drops this Wednesday. Although Ryan North is writing Lockjaw backup stories for it.

No, he's working on Deathstroke over at DC and I'm pretty sure DC refuse to let their writers/artists work for Marvel.

That's funny because Priest certainly isn't exclusive to DC right now.

Is this… is this the ultimate admission of failure as a writer? Especially a FANTASY FICTION writer?

Don't you fucking bring up Kyle, fag. Do you know how long Kyle was Green Lantern? Ten fucking years. He was supposed to be permanent, but the Halfags were so upset about Emerald Twilight that DC caved to their demands to bring back the guy with a personality of a frozen waffle.

The moment they brought back Hal Jordan and magically hand-waved all of the character development he did as Parallax was the moment capes stopped giving a fuck.

The funny thing they don't realize is that Incredibles, the most well loved super hero movie… is just the Fantastic Four with slight differences. There's endless possibilities for adventure involving a family with super powers, but Marvel couldn't do it. They don't have any family values in the first place to base their stories on and would probably just kill the kids or divorce Reed and Sue for cheap shock value or something

I used to loathe the fantastic 4 as teenager and young man. I think part of it was that it was a "family" and that wasn't cool to me then. Now as a father of two I see the endless possibilities. I also started thinking about all the stuff I have enjoyed and stuff the masses used to enjoy that was centered around family. It's a shame, I think the FF could lead the way again like it did in the early 60's.

Of course. Marvel is fixed to their out dated formulas and dread making any real innovation.

Half the reason the HASHTAG stuff was so popular with them is that it required the minimum amount of change to implement. It's the same shitty comics, just with a different coat of paint.

Fuck Kyle, he's a bottom bitch boy.

I believe they just don't do stuff because they don't own the rights.

Besides, I wasn't even a big fan of the Fantastic Four because for strong guys I liked Hulk more, and after the Illuminaty shit, Civil War and World War Hulk I can't stand Reed Richards.

That's the thing, the Fantastic Four is at their best when they are being a super family, not when they are making serious decisions in some Marvel event.

This page right here sums up everything a Fantastic Four comic should be.

fucking misogynistic racists nerds!
wew

da fuck?

what happened?

Well, they are royalty.

That is the entirety of Reed Richards as a character summed up in 4 panels and it's amazing.

While the family facet of the FF is absolutely one of the pillars of the team and their success, I am also of the opinion that the FF need to be on the frontier of scientific discovery to really work. They came out of the 60's space race and are an evolution of the earlier "Challengers of the Unknown", an era when the public could legitimately wonder if something like a subterranean civilization, Atlantis, flying saucers or a microverse might actually be the next real scientific discovery that the struggle to win the cold war would produce. There was a similar (if smaller) boom in this sort of imaginative thinking with the advent of computer technology in the 80's and 90's, back before it was sterilized and packaged in nice clean apple-products. In those early days the internet was something that was only understood by the weird computer-genius guys and felt like a mysterious alien world to the masses, and terminology like "cyber-space" and "world wide web" helped give it a cool mystique. Everyone remembers TRON and the Matrix, but there were a ton of other forgotten properties with the premise of treating the internet like a new frontier to be explored. Unfortunately the FF were mired in X-treme 90's nonsense at the time so they didn't really capitalize on it.

This is why all of the FF movies were doomed as soon as they were set in Current Year, instead of being a period piece like Captain America. It's like trying to retell Cap's origin as a contemporary super-soldier created to fight Richard Spencer in a skull mask. If they'd realized how important the zeitgeist of the 50's and 60's space race was to the FF, we could have had something like a less grimdark version of Planetary's "The Four".

Honestly, FF could work in current day if they only handled it somewhat well. Modern day parallels 50s and 60s a bit, with public's superficial interest in tech and science, and overall acceptance of fantastic elements in media.
Nowadays you have Musk, private companies, and China venturing into space exploration, and many other countries are eager to enter modern space race as well. First proper artificial limbs are appearing, automation, AI research, stem cell tech, and nanorobotics are gaining more and more traction as well.

FF made in 60s style science fiction film but with modernized tech could work. It works pretty well in Venture Bros.

You make a decent case for it, but I disagree because of some finer points you are glossing over.

Venture Bros is an intrinsically cynical take on the subject matter that the 50's and 60's treated with starry eyed optimism or at worst prudent caution. Reed Richards, as well as other silver-age scientist superheroes like Ray Palmer or Barry Allen, pushed the boundaries of science for the good of their country because there was a nationalistic sense of pride. Somewhere in the corners of the narrative there was the presence of Russia or extraterrestrial invasion used to justify taking such risks, but that wasn't front and center. Most of the time Reed wasn't thinking about how his discovery was going to beat a particular enemy, he was pushing science forward because of curiosity and because it was just the right thing to do. In the current day a character like or Dr. Venture uses science for personal financial profit, and as such will only put in as much effort as they are paid to put in (which generally leads to the disappointing results that make for a good comedy show). Globalism has also devalued the "team spirit" that pushed the competitive edge in the struggle between Russia/USA. So what if the UK is the first to plant their flag on Mars… it'll be a team of multicultural astronauts using Chinese designed equipment and Russian parts, or some variation of that. The victory will be shared with everyone on Earth, so most people will push for it about as hard as they would for any participation trophy.

My point is that it's less about what particular advancements that science is currently working as about the attitude that the culture has towards the drive for that knowledge. I don't know how you go about engineering a new enlightenment era where the quest for knowledge is the highest virtue, but I can tell you that it isn't that way right now. Universities have put many disciplines on par with liberal arts degrees, and they're doing everything they can to shit up STEM as well. But I do think that an important element is having a readily available frontier that feels accessible to the common man. So maybe once we land on Mars it'll bring some of that spirit back? One can only hope.

I aint reading all that.

Well Christopher Priest is a pretty good writer.

Whats his other work?

I wish they at least stuck closer to the original designs.

Or when dealing with Doom.

I think you're looking at the creative problem too widely, user. You need to realize that most of the faggots working at Marvel are hipsters. They think Steve Jobs invented shit. They don't care about science, even in superficial terms. Sure they pay lip service to dumb shit like get more nig trannies in STEM or whatever, but they don't care about that beyond virtue signalling. Their imaginations are limited and all they really care about are themselves. And the closest thing they have to anything interesting relationships. Now, you'd think that might help on a book that's basically about a family, but they don't like, want, or care about actual family relationships because that would mean caring about someone other than themselves. They care about grabbing coffee with friends or someone patting them on the back when thy feign being worthless (even though they really are). These cunts can't grasp how to make superheroes work, they can't grasp a scientific adventure, and they can't grasp family relationships.

Even if you change the culture of the US to want to believe in whatever wonderful world you could create with science, it would all fall short because the cunts editing and writing the books don't think outside of their person twitter bubble.

Wrong board kid

Read this one

Still will never read any of their stupid new shit.

I do

We won't

He did a run on Black Panther and did a run on Deadpool back in the day. Back when Deadpool was good and not a meme spouting redditor.

Ah Illuminating comics is still at it. Nice.

It should be noted that BleedingCool has reported that Marvel suffered a massive drop from last year. I know we all dismiss BC and Rich the Leech's opinion, but the fact he is reporting on something that is counterproductive to his agenda shows that shit is really fucked for Marvel.

Neat, what was the run about?

Archive?

Makes for great editing.

It appears Marvel is killing the industry once again.

I'm telling ya..Marvel's now going full 2000 era WCW..except at least Vince Russo's shit is bad in the trainwreck sort of way.

archive.is/2rozX

The Black Panther run dealt with Agent Ross being an attache to Black Panther and constantly having to keep up with him as T'Challa defends his nation from political machinations and crazy shit. It seems intimidating at first with all the scheming happening but once you keep reading it it makes sense at the end.

Same

Rich the Leech spoiled what happens in Marvel Legacy:

I think you missed the most important news.

They have learned NOTHING.

Liberals/commies whatever you want to call them are incapable of learning, or self-reflection. It would require them admitting when they are wrong.

This isn't sjw shit. This is classic comic book company greed.

They're dropping all pretense and are now milking the comic shops until they run dry. They have to get all the money they can before the entire market collapses over the loss of them middle market.

Is Marvel going full out Nation of Islam + Scientology? Is there going to be Yakub stand in and flying pyramids?
Besides, how come did Intergalactic civilization managed to hide for so long and didn't show any interest in their home planet?

So it's not enough that Wakanda is the greatest most awesomeist country on Marvel Earth, but now it has to be the greatest most awesomeist country in the universe.

This is peak "WEWUZKANGS".

I was talking about the weekly Avengers comic.

Everything's shit.

Great. Now there's Logan, X-23, Daken, Old Man Logan, and Ultimate Wolverine's kid running around. House of Ideas!
More """subtle""" Trump bashing.
I have no idea who Voyager is, but of course they're still forcing female characters in an unnatural way. All tell and no show. They're important, don't question it!
LMDs took it over. Skrulls took it over. But now that they're kind, but not really Nazis SHIELD is done. Buncha faggots.
Still forcing race mixing and faggots.
Of course. Can't undo their diversity changes without being accused of being racist.
Sure. Just like Bendis wants Peter Parker dead so his niglet can be the only Spider-Man. He wants Tony gone so his other niglet can be the only Iron Man.
Why?
We're hitting peak KANGZ here.
Ugh. Just more movie tie in shit.

I don't pay attention to the x-men. How in the hell did they find enough super rare metal to make a tomb?

A Avengers weekly wouldn't be sustainable, mainly because strong-arming readers into following a $3.99 comic four times a month when they might've already been following one Avengers book is a good way to get them to drop it from their lists entirely. It really seems like they're only really doing it to get to the 700th issue milestone faster.

For fuck's sake, Marvel.

This is the real story. The diversity push was just the final nail in the coffin and while they're retarded to blame it on hesitance to change, they may ultimately save the diversity push by claiming "the editorial staff was shit we should try it again later!"

I don't follow all this as closely as I should, but isn't this like the 5th time they've done some variation of this idea? I mean between X Men and Civil War and everything over the past few decades this seems like the dominant story arc that nobody wants.

The current mayor of New York in the Marvel universe is still Mayor Wilhelm (De Blasio). It was mentioned in Gwenpool and according to the Marvel wiki Sam Wilson and X-Men also showed him as mayor. I would honestly take Fisk over Wilhelm. Fisk would have the cops smash all the crime that isn't under his control instead of voicing support for cop killers.

u son of a bitch

Nobody wants it when it's handled so poorly that it taints everyone involved (both Civil Wars). Otherwise it's fine. Also:

Reminder that these "leaks" should be taken with a lot of salt until they come to pass. It's easy to weave a web of bullshit and pass it off as something from an insider.

Why's the fact it's weekly the sticking point? It's not like the Marvel writers can get any worse regardless of whether they're shitting comics out too fast or not.

That is the point.

Who in this day and age will buy a weekly comic that's probably going cost five dollars? Unless Marvel will make it cheap and get more than one writer and penciller working on it, we will get to see new lows of comic writing and art.

If Marvel will do it incompetently, there will be drama. Readers will ditch the book if it's too expensive, quality will be low, or hiatuses will be too frequent or long. Creators will ditch it if Marvel rides them too hard. Either of these two will lead to cancellation and bad PR. It will also give some credibility and ammo to twitter and youtube critics that shit on Marvel to the point that employees plan out doxing campaigns. Stunt like that will also cost Marvel time and money, which might force Disney to do something.

Hahahahahahahahaha

At least WCW's last shows before it died were brilliantly bad. I get sick from reading Marvel's latest stuff.

It's also a sign that Marvel will continue to oversaturate the market with too much product. They're literally killing shops with that bullshit.

Comic shops are going to be the ones buying it, which is why the weekly shit is sticking point.

I can just imagine a comic shop looking at the weekly Avengers book and thinking "Why the fuck are you doing this to me?" They're already struggling as it is, and now Marvel is going to hit them with comics they're going to have to buy every. fucking. week.

That's why I said Marvel has given up and are now just milking the shops as hard as they can. They're going to squeeze those tits until they look like bloody, deflated balloons.

Didn't want to make another thread about this, but is Marvel seriously doing another event right after they just finished with their last one?

Is this just another excuse to show off how much better the diversity versions of the heroes are?

I assumed it's Marvel trying to pull a Rebirth out of their ass.

If it is a Rebirth it might actually be good. But I ain't betting on it.

Look at the image again

If this is what Legacy will be, it's a giant desperate attempt to return to status quo and beg for readers to return.

I just finished Legacy, and I was basically correct. It's a longer, yet watered down version of Rebirth. In almost every way.
There's a narration stretching across the entire comic. Lots of different story angles being set up. A few returning characters mentioned. Wolverine is back from the dead (and it's left unexplained as to how he was broken out of the adamantium).
I get what they were trying to do, but I think they missed the mark. I can't quite put my finger on why. It *felt* longer than Rebirth, but not in a good way. It didn't really feel exciting. It was being told from Valeria Richards perspective, and they're heavily hinting at the return of the Fantastic 4, but it just… Wasn't exciting. I wasn't able to recognize the coloring of her narration boxes as belonging to her, so the entire time, I wasn't sure who was giving this speech.. Then, they end up undercutting any feeling of "this is amazing" with young siblings talking smack to each other.
Oh, and despite Riri being "smarter than Tony", she doesn't even know the catchphrase "Avengers Assemble". It was supposed to be funny I guess, but if anything, it just shows me that Marvel still doesn't want to take themselves seriously any more.

At the end it was just lame.

fatmerican superhero comics should be nuked along with the rest of fatmerica

Hey Holla Forums

Just read it. Yep, it's Rebirth. Next issue of Whor is 'The Death of Thor' but I'll be truly surprised if they actually do get rid of Jane and give Thor back his actual name and hammer. It does look like they're bringing back the Fantastic 4, and all the other original characters.
Now we wait to see if they'll actually go through with it, because I still doubt the writers at Marvel.
Art was good though.
I hate Riri. They tell us she's one of the smartest people in the world, but are seemingly never capable of Showing it. Also, why is she sulking in the panel where Whor and Falcon are kissing? Maybe Riri hates miscegenation as much as I do?

What have I missed because I keep seeing people say
And I don't get whatever this is.

Why the fuck would they care at all about the "diverse audience"? Sales clearly show that they "diverse audience" they've been catering to was not enough to keep them successful, if such an audience ever existed in the first place.

When are those dumb as fuck suits at the top going to bite the bullet, admit that affirmative action nigger heroes and unappealing women heroes don't sell and go back to what worked?

I always hear people say that corporations and business men don't care about politics or social justice, that they care only about money. Well the actions of many corporations around the world seem to contradict that, Marvel seems perfectly content to dig their grave as long as the shovel they use is diverse enough.

It's one turbo autist trying to force a meme and possibly trying to stir up interboard drama as well.
He's been doing this shit for months and most of us just ignore him.
Report the faggot and keep posting as usual.

Admitting fault in their shitty and scummy strategies is tantamount to admitting they're incompetent and ridiculously out-of-touch with what readers and retailers actually want. Why do you think there's been so much deflection on Marvel's part to make it the market's fault nobody's buying into their bullshit.

None of the suits (Perlmutter's Inhuman/anti-Fox boner aside) seem to care how things are done as long as the money's coming in. All the SJW bullshit is coming from the editorial end of things.

The money hasn't been coming in for years now and yet they've shown staunch resistance to changing their strategies. Clearly they don't care about money that much if they're continuing to let a failing strategy fail.

Holy shit. Did you just get into comics yesterday?

You know, as much as I'd love Marvel Comics just to start profiting off reprints of 60s-80s stuff only and just not doing new stuff, I'd say they've been on a permanent state of crisis since their foundation as Marvel. Even when Stan Lee started writing the classic stuff, like Spiderman or the FF, the company then known as Marvel was in a creative crisis, just making trite monster of the week shit. Then you have the problems which led to Kirby's going to DC, the problems in the 80s, the problems in the 90s, the problems in the 00s, and the problems in the 10s. When will Marvel not be in trouble? Why are they like this? I mean DC has had its share of problems too, but they manage to keep it cool (not to mention they can game the system in more ways than just by making comics, see: how the Code was heavily skewed in their favor).

The smartest person in the Marvel Universe is Moon Girl, who is a fucking retard who doesn't even understand why no one trusts a grade schooler with wacky toy gadgets to be a superhero.

What, insulting le ebil Drumpf while fellating our lord and saviour Trudeau did not work?

SHOCKING

Oh. I'm not surprised. Very well then.

Moon Girl fucking sucks. It's yet another attempt by Marvel writers Telling us that their new black female is the smartest and completely failing to Show us.

Old news is old user.

Mainstream comics just can't make smart characters anymore. It's all palatable mush to appeal to the lowest common denominator: emotional drama fags.

I mean, hell, Batman doesn't even do detective work anymore.

It's the same jackasses destroying our culture. Still relevant.

Son, comics have been raped so many times that it's long since stopped being our culture. Now it's nothing but crappy events and variant covers.

Have fun fighting over corporate IPs in an attempt to get Marvel and DC to pander to your demographic.

Supposedly some comic shops are either selling Marvel Legacy #1 at a discounted price or literally giving them away for free in a bid to get customers back on the Marvel bandwagon. Sales are so shit for them that they'll eat the costs if there's a chance at getting people to buy Marvel (and other comics).

Thank, you somebody that realizes being a super scientist doesn't make you a detective.

Holla Forumsucks IQs were too low to conceive of any way to stop this from happening. Now it's happening and everyone's acting like "maybe we should do something now that it's too late!"

Enjoy your dead cape industry, rot in piss, I won't miss it.

It shows some desperation, sure, but I don't see it as a true indicator as to the state of the industry. Free samples are free samples.

From the people who brought you "cumskin" comes the newest, clunkiest and unfunniest meme yet!

Can't shops just stop buying Marvel shit and live out of Magic cards and manga?

Can't they just sign up with DC instead and leave Marvel to die?

I don't care about the Fantastic Four at all but that page alone makes me want to read more.

I fucking wish.

Oh fuck no. Despite their current problems, Marvel is still one of two major publishers in the industry. Sales of Marvel products remain half of the backbone that keeps the entire industry afloat.

The shops dropping Marvel would be like you sawing yourself in half. You wouldn't live that long after doing it, and neither would they.

Even though emotional drama is all these fags know. they still missed the easiest emotional angle for Mooncricket that might had made for some kind likeable character.

You have a smart kid, who because she's not challenged in class, is disconnected from everyone around her. She doesn't do well in school and no one really pays attention to her. It isn't until a happy accident that she finds Devil Dino and decides to become a superhero around her area. You give her small fun adventures that challenge her in a way class never could. She gets to cobble together fun kid-like gadgets and grow her pool of skills. And because she has this outlet, she slowly comes out of her shell. She makes friends and starts doing better at school. Then you can do your standard family/school drama stuff too. But the point being, she could grow and have fun adventures without being an awful cunt.

But that's not how it is. She's lecturing the teacher right off the back. Everyone knows her, everyone knows she's smart. And we know this, because everyone says so. Look how she rolls her eyes every time a boy in her class speaks! She's so strong! She has to have wanted to be a superhero and worked towards it, because in CURRENT YEAR all females characters have to be active in everything. She solves a never before seen toy puzzle designed by Bruce Banner that we're told no one else could solve. She doesn't even struggle with it, she just solves it in 2 panels. That's how she became the smartest person in the MU. Doesn't matter that her being the smartest undercuts her supposed to be fun gadgets or goofy outfit, she has a meaningless title. There's no character growth, no struggling, no true moments of weakness, never being outclassed, etc. She's just the best at everything!

When standard emotional drama takes a backseat to virtue signalling you've entered a new realm of faggotry.

I want to write a book where everyone with too much melanin get killed by a disease. The disease could be called the black plague.

Fukkin Checked my friend!

I look forward to that.

I agree with , I hope that Hastings and Gurihiru get to finish off Gwen with some class and then that'll be it for her character as far as I'm concerned. I can then ignore future stories about her if Marvel decides to milk her dry. I am ok with one-off stories, but not if the artwork is awful.

I lost my desire to read characters get rebooted ad nauseum a long time ago. The nips can get pretty bad with this as their editorial teams push stories well past the point where they should have ended. This was especially true for Naruto, but there are artists like Kubo who dragged their feet for over a decade and then got fucked in the end by editorial. I've enjoyed plenty of the random Batman comics like the one where he takes down the villain Faceless, who was just some random guy who lost his shit one day and started killing those that he thought had wronged him in some way. Of course, he's no match for Batman and quickly gets his shit pushed in by the Bat in the second book, but it did show that there is plenty going on in Gotham and Batman isn't just sitting in his cave waiting for someone out of his normal rogue gallery to do something.

I do hope Marvel comics goes down in flames over this. However, it'll just mean that the mouse either fires them and relocates or it just closes it down and puts Marvel comics in the vault for a while.

Why doesn't that center kang have any genitalia?

It's retarded, because the only people with melanin deficiency are albinos. However, I see that universe as the blaxploitation universe from the description given.

As mentioned, Marvel comics is trying to milk as much money as it can before the Mouse realizes how much money it can save by cutting them off.

Is that why comic shops have pretty big manga and tcg sections? It would make sense that they have to make money somehow and wouldn't the failure of Marvel put their shops in jeopardy regardless of them continuing to buy Marvel's garbage? There has to be a point for shops where buying from Marvel isn't much different from dropping them and I wonder what that is and if we'll ever see it. I would assume so based on everything I've been reading.

Now if they let their powers combine into one giant claw covered monstrosity.
How the hell; he was the one thing both sides could agree to hate.

I'm happy they're done with SHIELD since they keep forcing them all over the place; I just hope they kill Coulson permadead while they're doing it.

I'm more interested in why anyone would want to get his skeleton since if I remember correctly there was no meat left on it and he lost his powers beforehand.

They're gonna make the kids gay with Powerpack; cementing this as their "New 52" phase.

If you punch; you lose.

The thing that scares both DC and Marvel is the prospect of "going into reprints". Just Warner threatening that was enough for DC to rush out the Nu52. It's a mortal terror for them.

"Going into reprints" is essentially condemning the company to a living death. Their staff is cut down to almost a skeleton crew. They're output is reduced to one, maybe two, new titles a year, and the vast majority of their product becomes reprints of their old material. It's a massive downsize that puts a lot of people out of a job.

If Disney were to fuck Marvel hard, that would be the hardest they possibly could.

The comics business has been bad for years, ever since the Great Comics Crash of 1993. The market has been getting smaller and smaller, and they haven't been getting any new blood in to replace the old blood going out. It's a sad, bizarre business.

However, for shops to completely drop Marvel, not only would Marvel have to fail pretty hard, like "down to 20% of the industry" hard, lost all of their cultural relevance, and there would have to be significant alternatives for shops to invest in that would bring equivalent sales.

So no, it's really unlikely that we'll ever see that happen.

Reading all this makes me laugh at all the idiots who thought they were gonna save Marvel by bitching about their shitty writers on Twitter.
Face it, mainstream comics are dead, nothing will save them.

It's just leftovers of gamergate who haven't realized they didn't accomplish anything.

I think there's be more than 2 titles, but it would all be because of Wonder Woman situations where they have to keep printed to keep owning it.

That would require serious age fuckery. Vallery is like double digit years apart from Julie in age, and Katie isn't that much closer

Suuuurree there wasn't. Keep letting these people stab you, then say "oops I didn't see you there." and you buy their bullshit. This is an attack. This is what leftists do, passive aggressive little bullshit attacks, then when you freak out about it they try to spin things like you're the problem for being upset.

So you're saying he turned out to be a brocktease?

Classic Mark Waid moment. Highly advise checking out that F4 run. Also one of the last books done by the late, great Mike Wieringo.

Tho I haven't read comics in awhile and heard Waid's gone full poz nowadays.

It's time to let it all go. Let the industry crash. We can always let the Japanese take over the market. Communism will kill comics anyway.

>There was no plan to replace all the “white men” its just how the pieces fell into the place. Honestly, the Riri thing was the tipping point. It was Bendis’ idea, no one in editorial had a big plan for it and it hurt the big post-Secret Wars push to make Tony Stark the franchise of the MU.
Gee, it's almost like it's the editors' job to approve the content in a comic book so that it's consistent with the creative vision.

Marvel literally has no editors anymore. If they had, the Ardian Syaf incident wouldn't have happened.

I saw the digital numbers, Legacy was third place at launch and was being beaten by Saga, an Indie title no less. And by the second week, it was gone.

Well, yeah, it was a major event book with a bunch of core Marvel characters on the cover. People see it in the store and think "Wow! This must be important!" It isn't even that much of an "SJW" book.

Look at sales for America and Hellcat if you wanna see how "SJW" books sell.

A #1 issue of a big overhyped event selling well is hardly news. #1 issues are often the only high-selling issue of any series run. Now that people have read it, the real test is if sales will hold up for #2 and onward.They won't.

They still haven't been canceled yet?

>If they had, the Ardian Syaf incident wouldn't have happened.
The what now?

I really hope Marvel dies in the comic book space and the industry dies with it. It really needs a phoenix moment to truly be of worth to society.

Syaf was an Indonesian artist hired by Marvel to work on X-Men Gold. Indonesia, is a Muslim-majority country, and there is a controversy going right now over there about a Chinese-Christian governor being tried for blasphemy and Syaf was among the people asking for him to be executed. So, seeing how Marvel writers and artists were allowed to get away with any bullshit and him being a Muslim means he is lower in the oppression racket, he decided to sneak in some subliminal messages in X-Men: Gold artwork. Among these include inserting a Quran passage in Colossus' shirt saying that Muslims should not befriend Jews or Christians, the number 212 referencing the protests against said Christian governor and the words "jewelry" next to Kitty Pryde's head which easily read as "jewry". While Christian bashing is fine with Marvel, anti-Semitism is not, and his status as a shitskin did not protect him from being sacked. Furthermore, he made sure his career was over by further blaming the Jews in control at Marvel and Disney for the termination of his job, and now no one else will want to hire the Kuffar Killing Kommando. The point relevant to the editorial is that this incident would have easily not happened if an attentive editor noticed these details in the artwork and would have called out Syaf before it was published.

Yikes

Hellcat ended months ago.

America is selling less than 10k last I checked. It's on it's way to cancellation after it has enough issues to put out a TPB.

I cannot tell you how happy that makes me.

Though, technically America sold 9,137 units last month, so it has a further 3,000 or so sales to lose before it gets into shit-canning territory.

Holy shit, I remember when >20k was cancellation territory. Are things that bad?

It's been that way for a while. I think what's going on is that Marvel's top books sell enough to cover the cost of producing the lower selling books, making the lower selling books pure profit to produce.

Either way though, yes, things are that bad, and are getting worse. Not only did the sjw boom not solve the dwindling readership problem, but it's becoming more apparent that the market for mid-tier comics (comics that aren't high sellers or low sellers) is collapsing.

Unless those problems get solved, we're in for a fun time.

If TPB and bookstore sale numbers are high enough, Marvel might keep the book around. That's supposedly why Squirrel Girl and Moongirl are still going. Considering that even most SJWs and Reddit/Twitter capefags consider book bad, that probably won't happen.

Here's also a post from Jim Zub's blog. It talks about how his floppies sell like shit and don't even turn a profit, but TPBs make up for it enough to make comics his fulltime job and pay co-creators full rates for art, colors, and inking.
archive.is/38Fhc

I knew I should have screen capped it at the time, but in this comic collector group I rarely visit some dude talked about how he was able to sell Hellcat variants for $50 to old, cat herding, spinsters after news of it being cancelled.

I think another part of it is probably just to avoid the negative press. If they started cancelling every failing title and fired every the cancerous writers and artists that made them, there'd be no end of feminist screeching about how Marvel now hates women and minorities, and has chosen to pander to the alt-right. They must figure it's better business to keep a few money sinks on than to upset the hive.

The thing is that Marvel wrote themselves into a collective corner on the science front since everything has been done already.
I mean, what is there left to invent? Omnipotence has already been achieved. Reality warping is done and dusted. There's nowhere left to go, every disease is curable and every technology is already inventable, because they refused to restrict the writers in terms of "shit that flies in the MU" and "shit that doesn't". And that's why it becomes completely ridiculous to have say, Spiderman's aunt dying of a gunshot wound, when you've got hundreds of super-geniuses who could solve that in moments with no effort on their part.

Those letter pages were REAL!

Does he still work for DC?

are they going to continue the comic were trump is the president and she has to deal with it?

Actually they do have editors, just no one worth a damn since they fired most of the old guard years ago. Leaving ass-kissers like Brevoort and Lowe to steer the ship with glorified interns working under them.

Aunt May getting shot wasn't ridiculous because it was easy to fix, it was ridiculous because contrived excuses were made as to why nobody could/would heal her. Spidey being a fugitive didn't help.

Unlikely. He snuck some Islam/Indonesian references in his work with them as well. It didn't raise a fuss then, but now that it's become a issue I doubt they'd open themselves to more trouble by giving him work.

Nice post user. They really have robbed their world of any dramatic weight. It doesn't help that Marvel never addresses this either. They still try to make it like our world, and it fails. Either craft a world where it's a utopia of health and technology or explain why these god tier heroes hog the knowledge to themselves. I'm sick of crap that falls apart under the slightest bit of analysis.

I guess she souldn't let them to the polls… :^)

Can you say double down?

I made the mistake of reading this trash. Everyone involved is pathetic. Everyone.

Including you, faggot.

So basically the same thing as no editors since they don't do their job.

Whoa shit, I didn't knew this. What kind of shit did he say in DC?

This is the guy that wrote Black, that comic book about black people having superpowers.

There isn't. The audience has been getting smaller and smaller at an alarming rate, which is why Marvel, especially, is turning to more sales gimmicks than they've ever done in any similar period of time.

No shit, Slott is addicted to Twitter and way too busy pre-occupied by political derangement syndrome.

Although there is actually nothing wrong with having a political opinion. He just may need to find a balance and find a zen place outside of reactionary politics.

Yes. Which is why he needs to include manga in his numbers to have a point. He points out women and nigs buy manga to try and guilt shops into ordering his crap. But the kids buying manga don't want American comics, they want manga. And they don't want western attempts at manga either. And they certainly don't want WE WUZ CAPES AND SHET. He knows it, shops know it, and everyone here knows it. This is just a sad attempt to be relevant like every retarded faggot who thinks comicgate is or will ever be a thing.

She's actually called that? Have they done the tiniest amount of research into how ancient Scandinavian names work? Hell, did they even do he tiniest amount of GUESSWORK into how ancient Scandinavian names work?
ODIN'S SON. It's right there!
(…I did also learn that, while people in many countries will struggle with more than about 5 generations, Icelandic people can trace their family tree back a thousand years like it's no big deal).

Jane Foster is Thor, while the real "unworthy" Thor was renamed Odinson. It's still retarded. In the off chance they finally come through on their promise to kill Jane from the cancer she's had for 5 years now, Thor might soon get to use his actual name again. But I doubt it, that would require Marvel to not be retarded.

I think Whor may actually be killed off based on pic related. 9 fucking variant covers.

Yeah, but for how long? They'll let Jason Aaron wrap his story up and end his run, but Whor has been everything Marvel has been trying again and again to do with Carol and all the other diversity characters. Except it worked, relatively.

Marvel before the SJWs barely let anyone stay dead. They'll drag this bitch back for the some Secret Invasion 2 event next year.

It did affect sales but in the wrong direction.

Then how come the sales are so low? :^)
Is that a real name? I thought it was a made up holiday.

What a unique and original concept. I can't believe nobody has ever thought of that. Ever.

I don't think that's entirely true. I believe it's more that they expect certain standards when buying comics, but the paragons of western comics (Marvel and DC) aren't meeting that criteria, which drags the entire medium down.

I love how two of those are just "Black Dr.Strange", and "Black Giant Man"

>In an alternate realty very similar to our own, the Apollo 13 spacecraft successfully lands on the moon. Unfortunately, a small virus attaches itself to the suit of an astronaut and is brought back to Earth. Within weeks the virus kills all those with a 'melanin deficiency' or those with light skin. Because of this it becomes known as the White Plague, and leaves this world devoid of heroes. The Avengers are gone. The Fantastic Four disappear. The X-Men, all dead.

I can't imagine why this wasn't picked up.

Seriously, if Marvel was as SJW as fags here think it is, this would've been green lighted in a heartbeat. Son of a bitch.

That is not even close to what Black is about. The comic is about the fact black people always had superpowers, but they were being repressed by white people all through out history to not exhibit their powers. Its some how even kangzest than Black Panther.

Nope, its another Kang.

That reeks of Americentrism.

Now I really want Marvel to put Kang in a movie and have a black guy play him.

They probably would do that.

You reek of Amerisemen

Give them a few weeks the first issue might be out then.

This is really going to help Marvel's sales

But black giant mans description says he took ant mans formula. His powers are pretty much just stolen from hank pym.

No, it is. Marvel could come out with a Naruto knockoff with the same art, in the same format, only with superior writing and for a cheaper price tomorrow, and none of them would touch it with a shitty stick, because it wasn't made by Japs.

That would imply it was proposed during nu-Age Marvel.

How do you suppress those stronger than you?

If it wasn't for Disney knowing better; they would've used him as an anti villain about changing history being good.

Who hasn't stolen from Hank Pym?

The weebs would think that way but not everyone would look the other way and then there's the chance it becomes a meme.

Is she talking to a man or her dog?

This completely. I read some manga and even collect Adam Warren's Dirty Pair, which has a serious manga feel to it, especially since it's a franchise based on an anime and a manga, and I would not buy Americanized manga. None of my friends would and we like both manga and comics. What Marvel could potentially do is get the rights to localize and publish manga, but considering the state of their company, their localizations will be a massive bastardization like what's happening to weeb vidcons right now.

Here are the cancelled ongoing titles in the four months into Legacy.

Anyway his only other comic at this moment, Silver Surfer (drawn by the ever-busy Mike Allred), will have its very definitely final issue released next week.

They're still drawing this shit out. Because Uncanny Avengers and USAvengers are all part of some Avenger weekly crossover. It's rumored that Jason Aaron and Essad Ribic are taking over the main Avengers book afterwards.

Ohhhh boy

Allred hasn't been elusive at all as of late. He elected to do a "Bug!"/"Forager" series for Young Animal, because he got sick of waiting for Slott's Silver Surfer scripts.
I hope at least a fraction of SS fans realize that the actual reason why the series got canceled is directly because of Dan Slott lacking the self-control to stay off of Twitter. The series got delayed, sales plummeted, and Allred went to look for work elsewhere, all because Danny Slott can't stop arguing with fans and talking about Tonald Dump for 16 hours a day.

If it was 2012 Aaron/Ribic, I'd be ecstatic. Instead Jason Aaron will write Company Man caliber garbage and whichever Thor(s) will be in it will be insufferably talking about "massive quantities of MEAD!" every issue.
Ribic won't last four issues. He couldn't even do the Legacy one-shot with five+ months of lead time.>Silver Surfer (drawn by the ever-busy Mike Allred)

Oh fuck!

There was a Marvel series called Big Town that addressed this issue, why Marvel bigwigs like Tony and Reed don't share their tech with the Marvel universe as a whole. Have the issues around here somewhere but have never gotten around to actually reading them. Looked semi-interesting at least, might have to dig those back up.

Moviebob and joe glass would love this guy.

I'm an indie comic book creator. I do the story, the art, the pencils, the inks, the screentoning, and the colors. My stuff was picked up by Comixology and I'm currently finishing up the sixth issue of my series which is essentially no different than the shit you'd expect a vanity book press to put out.

It's a story that I think is good, with characters that I happen to think are interesting. I don't care about if you think the story is interesting or if my characters are interesting; this is all about me doing what I want. I admit this, I enjoy what I do purely because I enjoy doing it.

Comixology pays quarterly. On average I earn about $15 per quarter in sales. That's not a typo. Fifteen dollars.

I have a day job so I can indulge myself creating shit that, let's be honest here, nobody else wants to read, much less pay for. Now look at Kwanza whatshisface is saying here and look how all those idiots at Marvel are acting and, I'm preaching to the choir here. Any idiot can see why they're tanking. Let them. The sooner they're gone, the quicker the comic book industry will recover.

Slott has lost it

When you find them can you storytime them?

Unless the idiot is named Kwamza

Brains ain't his strong suit