Thoughts?
youtube.com/watch?v=CQB9WVKkKO8

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/jaZkB
comicvine.gamespot.com/richard-c-meyer/4040-79053/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

webm the relevant parts, or get out.

Get ready for a wave of newfags.

We teach them our ways or have them go to halfchan.

Neat?

Doubt it. Infinity still not on google search since what, 4 years now? Unless they are intelligent enough to type ".net". Like newfags can get out of google search.

Thoughts on D&C?

Personally watch him. His stuff you will enjoy or don't. My bar is comic explained shill tier exposition. As if current year secret wars is a well crafted piece of work.

Eh, he's alright from what I've seen. The SJWs at Marvel hate him for calling them out.

I really like this guy

fuck off we're full

Of cock

That's probably for the best. Halfchan turned to shit once it got popular.

What the fuck are these faggots thinking? Summer barely ended and now there will be youtubefags to deal with.

I watch his videos once in a while, and he's alright for a capefag. His taste is pretty mediocre, but he sometimes has interesting tidbits of info on industry and history of comics in his videos. Thinking that Marvel as it is now can be turned around, or that even turning it around would be a good thing for the industry is quite silly of him. Occasional attention seeking behaviors and obsession with twitter drama are mildly annoying, but it does get him views. On the upside, at least he is not constantly whoring out patreon and donations like many other youtubers.

His claims of being "undoxable, because I know what I am doing - I work in computer security" are pretty silly. Guy pretty much gave his name away by naming books he worked on. He didn't even set his real name social media accounts to private for crying out loud.

I Love Comics is probably the best channel as far as comic book reviews go. Mainly due to their indie comic reviews. Everyone else is doing either big two or big stuff like saga and TWD, but they go for more niche books and turned me onto few decent titles. Now all I need are decent reviewers for European, Japanese, and other foreign comics

More like 2 or 3. Site still showed up in google in early 2015, and it was back for at least few months after being delisted initially.

Bully, sage and report. It's the only way to teach them to lurk.

We are on Google and are actively indexed by Google's data scraper.
Search "8ch [board name]" and it will come up with this site and the short description will be a thread made recently.
Thus, searching "8ch co" will bring newfags from this.

The worst part about people in the comments telling him/others to come here is that it's not the usual "4chan is cool go to the shitty version" (they have been astroturfed by the mods to think we openly share CP and organise hitmen on this site, and that's without a shred of hyperbole), but it's actually people saying "Holla Forums is better :D" which means they come here and should know better than to advertise willy nilly.

Sure, we'll get a few users who aren't complete cancer and read comics and dislike current trends, but then we'll get a shit ton of retards that think whatever D&C says is gospel and be closed off to anything else.

I'm all for getting new blood in here, as I feel across several threads I can begin to identify who anons are by the photos they post, the things they like/dislike, typing mannerisms and patterns and other shit like that, which is a real shitty thing as I come to this Polish Cheese-rolling forum to escape that persona around every poster that's been pushed for decades, but this isn't the way to go about it.

4chan and other imageboards used to be discretely advertised in IRC channels and there was an air of mystique around it which made sure only those that actually wanted all the things an IB offered would come, but since we've got mass social media and this constant need to "share" what ever we look at, we're getting more and more newfags that just think this is reddit/tumblr without accounts.

I was genuinely angry and upset when I saw two teenagers talking about Rick and Morty S2 on the train, then one pulls out his phone to show his friend, and I shit you not, "this cool greenstory on 4chan".
I gave a look over the seat, and he meant /r/4chan.

Those are the kinds of retards that post in and browse YouTube comments and we do not need their ilk on this site.

Meh on him. He gives a lot of good points on modern Marvel but I don't like his presentation. He rambles a bit too much and his videos are unstructured. He should at least have an outline and get some video editing software to show the pictures of the books rather than just holding a cam corder to them in his car. Also, he should go to readcomiconline.com if he wants to read bad comics rather than buy them at a comic book store which gives money to the publishers.

Hating on D&C. Halfchan are a bunch of limp dicks. The guy is exposing the comic industry for all to see. I like his channel. His videos fuck up their bullshit narrative.

This is what pisses me off the most about the video. There's even a fucking reddit board for Holla Forums. archive.is/jaZkB
I do wonder what the next step of evolution for fringe electronic agoras is.

If you want good European comics, I can recc some general classics to you.
There's The Incal and Arzak from Moebius. There's Asterix & Obelix (god tier localization team t. trilingual), Disney Duck (Darkwing, Scrooge McDuck, Donald, etc.) comics that are good in Europe (don't generally know which ones, tho), Tintin, Le Petit Spirou (it's been storytimed here enough times for you to get some appreciation for it), 2000 AD stuff for Brit comics (doubly so if you happen to like 40k), and Mort & Phil for Spain.

As a filthy South American, I can also recc Condorito, but strictly speaking it'd be back before they watered down the localization aspect of it, as I felt it 'got' a Chilean vibe.

Judge my opinions, fam.

The thing is, most of what he says is casual tier and often wrong.

For example, he blamed sjw pandering for his shop closing. He saw a family browsing for their kid, couldn't find anything, and left. He assumed that sjws were the cause.

In reality, his shop probably closed because the comics industry is a fucking shit-show. Stores front all the risks, the market is dying, and Marvel and DC have become so specialized in pandering that they're now unable to adapt. It's been the problems facing the industry for the last seventeen years. New readers can't get into comics. I remember bitching about that fact on cuck/co/ back in 2008. When they actually do get new readers, in the case of the SJW Boom and Bust, Marvel promptly drown them out with new titles, pointless cross-overs, and event comics. They can't escape their pandering focused mindset. They genuinely thought casuals would want to buy fucking 50 titles every month.

It's that lack of knowledge that's going to kill Diversity & Comics in the end. He doesn't see that SJW shit is just a new coat of paint on the same fucking shit, so when they apply the next coat, he's going to fall for the Big Two's tricks hook-line-and-sinker.

it is bad. he can say something interesting here and there,but most of the time it is he just ranting the same old stuff over and over again, it gets tired really fast. His videos are a mess way too often as well.

The store closings are a combination of both. Niche markets can survive, but when you piss the small market you have, you're screwed. I think he has touched on the fact that comic stores front all the risk, while not having any of the disition making power.

Having cancer new blood is bad, but the likely hood of that happening is pretty low. 8chans migration happened and cancer didn't exaclty follow. Also a greater beauty is that the cancer would talk to other cancer on halfchan Holla Forums and think that Holla Forums is still the deep web. So other than 8 Holla Forums just trolling itself cause we get very little to no new blood, any real threat of cancer is limited at best. Not impossible but not likely any time soon.

That's not the problem at all. The problem is that number of new readers coming in is far, far lower than the number of old readers getting out. Those old readers aren't getting out because of sjw garbage. They're getting out because they're getting into their late forties, fifties, and possibly sixties, and can no longer maintain their interest in comics.

This situation of old readers leaving due to advancing age is what's killing comics. Both Marvel and DC pandered really, really hard to them over the last seventeen years, to the point that comics became inaccessible to casual readers. Those old readers used to keep entire shops afloat due to their massive pull-lists, but now that they're dying out, shops are struggling to find a large enough audience to replace them.

It's here the sjw shit comes into play. This was Marvel's (and to a degree, DC's) solution to the old neck beards kicking the bucket. This solution had some mild success, until Marvel killed it by flooding the market with garbage because they wanted those neckbeard level sales NOW. Shops bought into it because they were desperate for new customers, and are pissed that they're stuck with a bunch of unsellable drek.

And that's why we're stuck with shit like AMERICA and Squirrel Girl. Instead of trying to create a new audience, which would take time, Marvel just tried to pander hardcore to casual hashtag'rs and it blew up in everyone's face.

says a lot of dumb shit but makes a good point every now and then

D&C is alright-ish.
Everyone criticisms of him are on-point.
But the thing is, each of us has some of the same flaws.
I honestly don't see much of a difference between his opinions and those of 98% of the people on either Holla Forums.
He's fucking the same as us and any user on here could be him for all any of us know.

Yeah some of his videos are better than others.
Yeah sometimes he has neat little insights, while other times he's factually wrong about basic shit.
Yeah he cares too much about social media drama.

In other words, he's just like us. Except his little channel is actually causing Marvel employees to have psychological problems and push them over the edge.
He's useful to us and doing a great thing.

The guy has shit taste and makes bad videos. I have no idea how he's skyrocketed out of obscurity so quickly.

Because he knows what audience he's got. All his videos mostly talk about how Marvel is ass now and parroting most shit you'd see in a Wednesday storytime for new releases. Its to the point even I would say 'Review something not Marvel or DC' but his subs would stop watching then.

I can understand the easy target audience. Channel awesome has been doing it for years, but even those talentless faggots at least take the time to lay out a script and plot their jokes so they are doing more than mumbling to themselves while they flip through a comic or watch a video.

D&C literally holds his phone over the book and awkwardly stares at panels while making bland observations and laughing to himself. If you wanted to see how bad a comic was, you could just go to a storytime thread or pirate them. Going through one of his videos is just a massive waste of time and gives you pretty much nothing that you couldn't learn on your own.

He releases numerous videos a day with the most attention grabbing titles.
The twitter drama he got into makes things better for him.
Now he has people who turn to him for what to avoid and what to read.

Well, here's to hoping his 15 minutes of fame ends soon enough.

It'll only end when there's no SJW bullshit to make videos about.

Or, until someone else does exactly what he does, but better, and gets notice for it.
Personal, I find VKTR to be far more interesting and concise. Plus the guy is an actual author and knows how to write a goddamned video script.

Speaking of author, have you guys read the two comics D&C wrote? The Riri one and the other with the soldiers in a jungle, both have laughable bad dialogue and obvious need od an editor

He also wrote four comics that actually got published according to Comicvine

Considering the level of quality that Marvel has been putting out and the kind of people they've hired, that doesn't surprise me all that much.

The comics he wrote has nothing to do with Marvel.
They were published years before he started his channel

Marvel has a history of hiring talentless hacks. But do you have titles for the books he wrote?

comicvine.gamespot.com/richard-c-meyer/4040-79053/
This place right here links to his twitter
Considering what happened to him a while back, I think it's legit.
Heck, one of them is a Kickstarter comic with a video on its page showing his face.

What an illustrious career.

That's one puffy vulva hairy pussy.

Mass flag the video.

wew

And everyone that's a regular on Holla Forums rightly shits on them. The problem is you have these 'youtube' apologists bitching how its too hard to webm a video only to sperg out and demand Anons to watch the video.

If you're going to be a pain in the ass about no one watch your shitty video, then don't embed it, explain what's going on and leave the link in the description. There's a reason why people bitch one another to webm crap especially in a time where youtube is going full retard.

Anyone who cares about what cuck/co/ thinks about them shouldn't be here.

I think OP was more worried about faggots coming here to shit things up, then actual 4/co/. Doesn't mean conversation can't be had, as the thread reflects, its not even focusing on them.

He's pretty beta for making an entire video dedicated to his hurt feelings. Also, all his comic reviews are the same as the last. Pretty shitty Jewtuber.

How's the new school semester user?

How's cuck/co/ doing? Has it managed to get even shittier?

Do you think the people recommending this place to him even go to Holla Forums at all?

I don't know you tell me, you're the expert here.

Watch five random reviews of his in a row and try to spot a single difference.

Why would I ever give him a click, quit shilling faggot.

The one with Riri was a decent idea, acceptable art, and kind of bad dialogue.
Jawbreakers wasn't very good on all fronts and I gave up 3/4 through. Clunky writing and three characters looking almost identically were the most grating things. Overall, it was a lot like 90s comics made by fairly new professional artists trying to write and edit for the first time.

Thank you, but I have read most of these and other commonly recommended foreign books. What I am looking for are some recommendations for newer and currently ongoing books. I wade through newer Eurocomics on my own now, but good review sources could turn me onto things I missed and point out books that are shit.
Same goes for manga, but amount of stuff released is overwhelming. I would have probably missed Dungeon Meshi and Heresy Spider if it wasn't for recommendations I got in one thread almost over a year ago.

I'd say that its a 50/50 split, but I haven't seen that many videos of his. Now that I think of it, the tidbits of his videos I enjoyed the most were actually parts where he talks about military.

Checked.

I hope not. You guys should really know better.

Remember for everyone 1 person who posts there's probably 5 who only lurk.

Do you think he'll make a video about this thread?

I don't think he actually know about Holla Forums yet.
It's just people on the Youtube comments recommending it to him.
He's genuinely clueless when it comes this kind of stuff

Then would you mind if I asked you for some more obscure European comics?
Scanlations in French, English or Spanish work.

There's a French comic being republished in English by Lion Forge, called Ab Irato, that's decent. The art's nice and the writing is okay. It's a near-future story about an evil corporation, ruthless rebel terrorists, and people caught in between. Seems to involve some kind of psionic powers.

He probably "knows" Holla Forums in the same, limited way that a lot of other people do: It's an imageboard. It's infamous. Something, something gamergate. Too extreme for 4chan. And then add any potential knowledge he might have picked up from an errant headline that names this place directly.

Hes good may not the best but he gets the point somewhat over when he dose not ramble. After the cuck/co/ vid he has added the easiest of easy editing to his skill set.

Is English your second language?

Pretty good vid.

Holla Forumstards where discussing connecting user's routers manually to each other to make a thing you could only access by having Holla Forums knowledge (AKA not being a retard) and knowing someone that uses it so you can find out how to do it.
It will never happen and I think this site is the last one. I don't think the userbase will handle fracturing again, but there's no real reason to leave as you can just make a new board and astroturf the current one, and despite the memes Ron actually tries to fix the site and Jim doesn't care so long as a few Holla Forumsacks fund his shitty news site and ladyboy obsession, which they do.

This isn't how you meme.