Syrian war threatens to escalate as Obama-Putin talks fail

wsws.org/en/articles/2016/09/07/syri-s07.html

By Jordan Shilton
7 September 2016

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-37291182
wsws.org/en/articles/2016/09/08/turk-s08.html
reuters.com/article/us-syria-crisis-chemical-idUSBREA240SF20140305
warincontext.org/2014/04/07/does-seymour-hersh-understand-how-hexamine-fits-into-syrian-sarin/
theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/25/second-russian-pilot-shot-down-turkey-alive-ambassador
hrw.org/world-report/2010/country-chapters/syria
bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22424188
westminster.ac.uk/file/7561/download
21stcenturywire.com/2015/10/23/syrias-white-helmets-war-by-way-of-deception-part-1/
spiegel.de/international/world/a-village-in-syria-seeks-survival-amid-warfare-a-1070742.html
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/jan/17/syrians-support-assad-western-propaganda
newyorker.com/magazine/2007/03/05/the-redirection
yallasouriya.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/the-baniyas-massacre-why-assad-did-it-the-revolting-syrian/
liveleak.com/view?i=05f_1368432956
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatah_Halab
twitter.com/24Aleppo/status/769524983328600064
wsj.com/articles/syrias-kurds-have-carved-out-a-statelet-adding-new-snags-to-a-complex-region-1472661321
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

According to wikipedia, 17.5 million or so.

I think the last time there was a chemical attack there was evidence the Turks were behind it, trying to frame up Assad to give the Americans a pretext for invasion.

I'm sure all six posadists are going to feel really gratified when they turn out to be right.

what happened with all the deleted posts?

To the article, Obama's white house is just about out of ideas on this one. Obama doesn't want to start a war now and all their other plans have fallen. If Clinton wins we can expect an escalation but even here by the time she can act there won't be anything to be held up as 'moderate' opposition. Turkey might be encouraged to go for Assad as this has been their agenda since 2012 but given them and Russia have made up while the US and Turks are growing apart I don't even know if Turkey would do it at this stage.

oh wow, seems like the NSA mods do not like when someone mentions western support for terrorists.

i think all deleted posts were made by me, not just in this thread but in others too.
what i don't get though is how they could be correlated because some were really old.
i think mods might have just flat out banned all posts made by tor users?

yeah, other people's posts were removed too, not just mine.

Weird. Nothing revelationary, no offense lad. Must be the Tor thing.

Anyway, related to your deleted posts,

Perfect timing huh?

bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-37291182

heh, that was good timing indeed.

about the tor thing - i wonder why it only happened on Holla Forums. maybe someone posted something interesting somewhere else.
otherwise i would have thought that maybe some boards were getting raided by FBI posting CP and that whoever owns Holla Forums now pressed some panic button, but that wasn't the case.

it is entirely possible some posts were casualties of shitpost deletion

what are you talking about? what shitpost deletion? almost all the shitposts are still there.
Holla Forums hates tor and NSA got their own botnet of infected PCs to mask their IPs when spamming the internet with their persona management software.

tor users can't even create threads

If by "evidence" you mean some washed-up yellow journalists and Kremlin Dezinformitsaya stations spamming ungrounded accusations in order to cover for the perpetrators of the worst chemical attack since Halabja, then yeah, there was evidence.

Boy oh boy, I'm ready for WW3. Maybe this time the commie power it'll birth will turn out good.

wsws.org/en/articles/2016/09/08/turk-s08.html

By Bill Van Auken
8 September 2016

This article really seems to take a pro-Assad stance. Nothing triggers me more than when people suck off whoever the U.S. is in conflict with simply because they are fighting America. People unironically think that Putin isn't the same kind of imperialist as Obama is, and unitonically defend Assad despite the fact that he is a literal fascist.

you are so stupid, it's amazing.

or, if you get paid for what you do, then you are so evil it's amazing. i hope you die a painful death and that your friends and family find out what you did for a living.

how the hell are you getting a "pro-Assad stance" from this

Back to >>>Holla Forums putin-fanboi

The part where it squeals like a stuck pig over "AMERIKKKAN IMPERIALISM" and "ISLAMIST MILITIAS" as well as calling Turkey shooting down armed warplanes that violated its airspace after literally 10 warplanes an "ambush."

Pseudo-leftie detected. Go prostrate to your shrine of Putin, we don't need you here.

Lmao anti-imperialism is anti-left now.
You people are the real pseudo-lefts here.

If you actually cared about the facts then you would know that the plane was shot down without warning and after mere seconds in Turkish airspace. This was a clear provocation and against almost every precedent. If some third world country shot down a murrican plane like that the media would condemn them immediately and right wingers would call for invasion.

don't bother, it's the Turkish IDF

The US is largely to blame for the whole mess. The 'rebels' never enjoyed popular support.

thought as much tbqh lad.

Turkish IDF? Pls explain

Supporting a popular revolution and opposing a far-right xenophobic government indiscriminately bombing civilians is anti-left now? Shit, if that's anti-left, then fuck the left.

After receiving 10 warnings in 5 minutes as it approached Turkish airspace. 10. That's more than enough.
BUT WUBBOUT fuck off with that.

I'm not your lad, buddy.

Basically, if someone objects to the dominant narrative on Holla Forums that Turkey is Literally Hitler, then there's no possibility except that they are a paid Turkish shill.

what is this american shill doing here?
mods?

As opposed to the UK government assessment 'Assad done it cause only he has the capability'? Real convincing.

Could've fooled me, what with those protests numbering in the hundreds of thousands. God, you fuckers talk like you just found the Wikipedia page for Iran-Contra and now you think everything is an American plot.

Do you ever consider how racist you guys sound with your "Arabs are too complacent and docile to ever rise up against a vicious, repressive government without the πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€CIAπŸ€πŸ€πŸ€ riling them up" narrative?

Source pls

Dude, you're not even trying.

Turkish Internet Defense Force, it sounds ridiculous but the amount of shilling we saw during the whole coup debacle in Turkey was enormous

you literally pulled a modified version of the hitler card, and expect to me to take you seriously.
You completely discount that all those demonstrations started right after Syria declined a western pipeline project so porky got le mad. It's also common knowledge that porky has NGOs in almost every country to push narratives against governments that even mildly oppose porky. The FSA would have lost to the military years ago if not for Jihadis from outside Syria and murrican support. That's not what a "popular revolution" looks like.

thx for the heads up.
Haven't been on here for a long time

Or the UN's assessment that the sarin came from the army stockpile, which the regime has been adamant it has maintained full control of? reuters.com/article/us-syria-crisis-chemical-idUSBREA240SF20140305
Or the part where the sarin matched the specific recipe and manufacturing processes used by the regime. warincontext.org/2014/04/07/does-seymour-hersh-understand-how-hexamine-fits-into-syrian-sarin/
Or the part where sarin is a vastly, biblically complex thing to manufacture, far outside of the capabilities of almost any non-state actor?

yes, those damn muh privileged sensible people who think women have any kind of rights! We should be able to beat them daily if they don't cover from head to toe! Erdogan and islamism not Assad and secularism okay? praise Allah

theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/25/second-russian-pilot-shot-down-turkey-alive-ambassador
Now go sit in the corner.

Jesus fuck was Holla Forums taken over by Kremlin paint-huffers while I wasn't looking or something?

jesus fucking christ you are not even trying. Do you do this for free?

Yes. Vicious and repressive. Just because you can drink and women are allowed to wear bikinis doesn't make it free. Here's an HRW report on Syria BEFORE the Arab Spring began. hrw.org/world-report/2010/country-chapters/syria

But by all means, keep trying to redirect and distract.

It was never a popular revolution. 30% support nationwide absolute tops. If it was a popular revolution, Assad would have gone the way of Mubarak.

Funfact. A wiki page was created for the Syrian protests the day before they even started. The US has been agitating against Assad since 2006 as revealed in the New Yorker article 'The Redirection'. The CIA themselves said Assad would win 80% of the popular vote were an election held back in 2011. His TWO election victories since are testament to this. Additionally the US KNEW as early as 2012 that the majority of the rebels were international jihadis. The west encouraged the uprising from day zero. Had it not been for their 'humanitarian' agitators at USAID/NED it would never have gotten as far as it did. Then the CIA started arming the 'rebels' in 2012, despite the DIA saying they were mostly jihadi. This was all part of the plan laid out in the New Yorker article I mentioned, the plan to create a new non-state Sunni force to counter Iranian ambitions after Iran got a foothold in Iraq.

pics related.

If I find an InfoWars or Sputnik article on it, you'll be the first to know.

fun fact to piss off the turkish IDF:
met some turk who said erdogan and gulen still work together for the CIA and the whole drama about extradition is just bs.
he knew shitloads about everything, the kind of stuff you learn in adam curtis documentaries, and didn't talk about bullshit conspiracy theories so i guess he was correct there.

did you know that according to turkish constitution erdogan wouldn't even be allowed to be president because he didn't study at a university?
CIA put him in place back then and he's been working for them ever since.

anyway, i think he's in prison now because he used his clearnet ip in a network full of shills and announced that he was planning to flee from turkey.

You do realize the previous Sarin used for chemical attacks, which are proven to be done by Rebel came from sources outside the country aka the Rebels didn't make it themselves? Stop thinking I'm stupid, I've been monitoring this for years.

So we're in a he-said-she-said situation between Turkey and Russia, and you go with Turkey immediately? I'm starting to believe the T IDF really exists.

Do you remember the details of the attack? The UN had literally arrived a day earlier to investigate previous attack. Timing not a little off to you? Then you had the early reports from the UN saying it was the rebels

bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22424188

And the jailing of a Turkish journalist for treason for revealing that Sarin precursor had been smuggled from Turkey.

You must also remember: The Syrian military are morons. They're promoted based on sect and how long they can deepthroat Bashar for, not for their intelligence.
Yeah, I remember Del- Ponte's bullshit accusation, which she immediately shut the fuck up about and never followed up on.

Funny, HRW have articles from the same year about Libya and Iraq. But nothing on Saudi or Qatar. And they're based in the US. Who'd have thought it. protip, these 'impartial' bodies (HRW, USAID, White Helmets [and MSF by extension]) are not impartial.

Here'a an article about USAID and their friends, and how they operate.

westminster.ac.uk/file/7561/download

And here's one about the origins of the 'impartial' white helmets

21stcenturywire.com/2015/10/23/syrias-white-helmets-war-by-way-of-deception-part-1/

pic related, it's an ISIS at an MSF hq.

Nobody is claiming Syria was perfect. But given we KNEW from the start the alternative was islamism, and with Libya still fresh in the mind, what reason was there to support this uprising. And I say again, it never. NEVER had popular support. So what you are proposing, if we get down to the reality, was the imposition of strict islamist law by a minority on a majority. Most of the displaced are internally displaced and living in the safety of the government territory. Assad has won two elections since the war started.

Which one? The Khan al-Assal attack, which had sarin used that had the "same unique hallmarks" of that used in the Ghouta attack, which the UN has indicated came from the Syrian Army?

probably an anarchist butthurt about Russia

So dumb they've pushed jihadi shit in for the past 5 years.

What realistically do you think the alternative to Assad is?

did you know that since some time before the sarin attack al-qaeda (or some other group?) was in control of a chemical weapons factory which syrian troops were able to reconquer recently?
might still have it in my RSS feed, gotta check.

They were getting their shit pushed in until the Iranians and Hezbollah intervened. And then even with that, they managed to lose an entire province before Russia intervened and Iran started importing PMCs from Afghanistan and Pakistan.

correction, i don't think it was a weapons factory, just some regular chemistry thing. but it was in the area, iirc.
anyway, assad would be retarded to use sarin himself, if it wasn't terrorists then it was CIA bribed or blackmailed syrian soldiers

The Ghouta attack wasn't conclusively proven to be Assad, you're literally repeating Turkish propaganda on here.

I didn't actually know that, would be interesting to read.

All across Syria, in rebel held areas local democratic councils have stepped up to provide governance. Empowered and united, they could form a legitimate, sustainable alternative to Assad. spiegel.de/international/world/a-village-in-syria-seeks-survival-amid-warfare-a-1070742.html

Kid, go away pls. You have no leg to stand on.

Right, it was just the Syrian government's sarin, loaded into the Syrian government's rockets, fired from the Syrian government's positions at the Syrian government's enemies. I suppose there is some room to question if it was Assad, if you have a vested interest in protecting the bastard.

Jesus fucking Christ, what would be a "legitimate source" to you people? RT? Sputnik? PressTV?

We already established that this isn't the case.
Stop repeating yourself.

Der Spiegel is notorious for being "The BILD for people with "Abitur"(kind of a better version of a high school diploma) here in Germany.

What of the majority of the population that supports Assad? Besides, time and again the 'moderate' rebels have shown their true colours. I've got a video of these 'moderates' beheading a ten year old boy if you're interested? How can you ignore Libya in all this too? Almost a mirror image, Gadaffi, like Assad had popular support. The opposition was largely Islamist.

No, you didn't. You squealed about how there was NO WAY that the regime would use chemical weapons against the people it had used damn near every other type of weapon against, and dismissed all my arguments as Porkaganda.

Nice meme.
I'd show you pictures of the aftermath of Assad "cleansing" a rebel town, but I know you'd dismiss it out of hand.
Well, first of all, the "10 year old boy" was a soldier, and second, the killer was arrested by his group and hasn't been seen since.

Jesus fuck I feel like I'm in regular Holla Forums with all the "ASSAD DID NOTHING WRONG" "GAS THE GOATHUMPERS" "SLAVA PUTIN" "TURK GENOCIDE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE" going around.

Spiegel has been reasonably neutral on the matter.
Ba'athism is AIDS, it may be the best they can get but they may as well try.

You clearly support the rebels, You're attempt at impartiality is failing. Assad has had and enjoys to this day popular support. There are 100 sources that say this, but how about this one from the Guardian -cheerleaders of western liberal interventionism - from back in 2012

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/jan/17/syrians-support-assad-western-propaganda

Combatants or civilians?

You believe this? You think it makes a difference?

You fail to realize that the UN is MAX porky. The head investigator just dismissed all opposing theories out of hand, despite the SAA finding Sarin precursor in areas retaken from Rebels, sometimes with English labeling.

I'm not pro-Baathism, I'm anti-imperialist.
The FSA is AIDS, Al-Nusra is AIDS, ISIS is AIDS and the kurds are either AIDS(Peshmerga) or too weak to win alone.

Ba'athism>>>>>>>Islamism. Every time.

Uh, yeah, because the whole conflict is a result of american imperialism and their fetish for islamist proxie militias

are you retarded or something?

Not sure if serious but accurate.

newyorker.com/magazine/2007/03/05/the-redirection

Covers the Muslim Brotherhood's (remember those delightful acid-chuckers from Egtpy?) involvment in Syria against Assad too.

I didn't try to be impartial. I support the FSA.
Civilians. Hundreds of them.
yallasouriya.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/the-baniyas-massacre-why-assad-did-it-the-revolting-syrian/
And here's Mihrac Ural, Holla Forums's darling, encouraging his Alawite death squad to "cleanse" Bayda and Baniyas.
liveleak.com/view?i=05f_1368432956

Wiki article on Syria protests the day before they happened.

This was all planned.

Obviously. Is there even such a thing as the FSA these days? Are you Syrian?

GET A LOAD Of THIS GUY

You do realize the FSA takes money and guns from the US /officially/ and then /unofficially/ hands them over to the jihadis? This has happened so often I lost count, you fucking retard. And it's always the same shit excuse like "Oh, they took away our guns, we toootally didn't want that but we didn't fight them".

Yes. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 50,000 of them, actually, between the Southern Front's 20,000 troops, Fatah Halab's 22,000, and the myriad independent groups in places like Hama, Latakia, and Homs.

No shit it was, opposition orgs were literally going on social media and going "COME OUT ON THIS DAY" and support was pouring in.

As opposed to the Syrian regime /officially/ pouring guns and funding to Hezbollah and PIJ in addition to Al-Qaeda in Iraq (you know, ISIL) during the Iraqi Insurgency? The regime and its militias are still selling their guns to IS, I dunno where you've been.

Fatah isn't FSA tho.

Fatah *Halab,* the coalition that does most of the fighting in the city proper and who flies the flag of the FSA.

1. Hezbollah isn't going around doing the Imperialist's bidding, so bringing them up here is just moraqlfaggotry. I've said i'm not pro Assad, I'm anti-imperialist.
2. They stopped their support for ISIS years ago when they realized they're shot themselves in the foot, so bringing that up is also irrelevant to the current situation.
3. I bet corrupt officers sell weapons to ISIS, but that doesn't make it the governments policy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatah_Halab

Literally half of the sub groups are islamist. Who are you even trying to fool?

Stop making excuses for an abusive dictator. Just because the US doesn't like him doesn't mean we should.

There is nothing utopian about supporting an all around better alternative to the status quo of the Middle East. No reason to settle.

Says the guy wanking over how no one could oppose Assad without being an Islamist or an imperialist.
Corrupt officers, government backed militas, even the Mukhabarat get in on it.
Islamist and democratic are not mutually exclusive. Even Jaish al-Islam has said that in its plan for Syria, Syria's citizens will choose their representatives.

Don't even bother, dude. These guys have been huffing so much paint the insides of their lungs are chrome.

ISIS it's not a "better alternative", you fucking retard. your beloved CuckSA will crumble like the tissue paper you jerk off into when Assad falls and all the islamist subgroups change sides. It will be Libya all over again.
Also you kinda seem to not grasp that I'm not pro Assad somehow. I literally say it in the post you replied to.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
fuck man I'm dying here.

Says the guy that literally supports the US-backed FSA. If I'm huffing paint, you swallowing it by the buckets.

Yeah, because I support democracy and social justice, not every tinpot tyrant who does his shit in the name of "The People" or opposes the US. You're not a leftist, you're an anti-West cultist.

ITT: A bunch of Kremlin-worshiping pseudoleftists who probably subscribe to the Standard Total Academic View on Cambodia.

When will you ultra-lefts finally get that Imperialism is the primary contradiction?
When Assad loses the FSA will be next, and won't be any "social justice" you goddamn mongoloid.

I'm out, you resume your imperialist puppet circlejerk, you fucking loons.

Lol. Because HRC is totally gonna let Iran or whoever take over Syria.

Have you been reading the thread? It's been people like you screaming "PUTIN BASHAR SOURIYA W BAS" at anyone who doesn't fall to their knees in reverence at the mere mention of the Baath Party.

Right, the YPG. Because "disappearing" prisoners, shooting them in the back of the head, and dumping them down a well is super democratic.
twitter.com/24Aleppo/status/769524983328600064

wsj.com/articles/syrias-kurds-have-carved-out-a-statelet-adding-new-snags-to-a-complex-region-1472661321
The PYD/PKK have carried out an utterly ruthless consolidation of power, delaying elections, breaking up protests by the truncheon and machine gun, and subverting and exiling opposition parties. For all their talk of democracy, they're looking pretty despotic themselves.

I shiggy

"TH-THOSE ARE MSM SOURCES! I'M ONTO YOU, P-PORKY!"
I'll let you know when the YPG start putting out reports about how many protests they've broken up and opposition parties they've stamped out.

That comes with the territory when you're a socialist party m8

At least find an independent non-biased source. A post on twitter and an article by arguably the most biased piece of shit news source isn't evidence of anything more then you being a tremendous faggot.