X-Men Dark Phoenix to be more "grounded"

If you thought Deadpool 2 was gonna be ass, just you wait until you see what they plan with Dark Phoenix:

>(((Hollywood))) directors take something fun, stupid, and silly

I had a sliver of hope after they finally gave the X-men real comic book looking costumes. Hope's gone now.

I find that more worrying than the "grounded" approach, which isn't really surprising considering that a sincere cosmic approach would require setting up elements that the films just don't have the time for.

i just want the giant Green Robot with a tiny robot on its back to be in it.
Thats all

I was surprised they're still making X men movies.

They'd better fucking do the Hellfire Club and Emma Frost right. How that would work with First Class in continuity I don't know. I also expect to see Sophie Turner in a dominatrix getup.

Besides, Emma Frost already died in this continuity.

She died offscreen with a passing mention by Magneto. Easily rectified.

Considering what a snorefest Apocalypse was I'm surprised anyone has any hope in a Dark Phoenix movie.

They're still making these movies? Don't know why I'm asking the answer is pretty clear. Still, one would think that the X-Men well would have gone long dry by now. How much money are they even making anymore per movie?

It's less about the money, and more about keeping Marvel Films from getting the rights. They have to make a movie every few years or so to keep them. That's the same reason we get shitty Fantastic Four movies every so often.

It might at least provide some entertaining behind the scenes drama, like Blade 3 did when Goyer was allowed to direct.

And Singer said that movies are only loosely connected and each one of them is its own thing.

Legion TV show was apparently successful enough to warrant a second season, more X-men series being greenlit, and for possible Legion spinoff to be in the works. Deadpool also raked in crazy money, and it managed to do so without being released in China, and Logan did decently as well.
Get ready for Uncanny X-Men with X-23 in place of Wolverine.

X-men was great because of all the wild adventures they had, fighting weird aliens like the brood, and literal demons, and vampires, and dinosaurs in the Savage Land. The mutant oppression thing was the backdrop, the focus was on them into getting into out of this world adventures. Whereas in the movies every single installment is about humans oppressing muties, racism metaphors, Magneto is in every single movie as the stoic oppressed antihero.. it gets old.

mutants vs humanity is what make x-men unique compared to other superteams

>Get ready for Uncanny X-Men with X-23 in place of Wolverine.

It'd be hot if it wasn't the Nu-X-23

It's attempted blackmail, really.
No Dr. Doom or Spider-Man in the MCU unless they get paid.

Nah, it's LGBT metaphors in the x-men movies.

Yes and it's a good background for the characters, I'm all for it. But literally every movie has been about the struggle against anti-Mutantism which has led them to ignore all the cosmic/supernatural/fantastical elements which made the comics entertaining. If you look at the '90s cartoon they did the oppressed mutant thing but also Sauron, fully cosmic Dark Phoenix, Shadow King, Mojo, the Phalanx, etc.

Have the Fox X-Men movies used Armor yet?

Not that I want them to. They'd likely get an ugly Chon bitch to play her.

Not that I know of.

Nope. They used Yukio, Mariko Yashida and the Silver Samurai (poorly I might add).

Why couldn't they just get a big Japanese guy in Samurai armor and have him fight Logan? Is that so hard?

I think movie X-23 is better than the one that is currently written in the comics.

That's not hard to beat since nu x-23 is just some Joss Whedon action girl.

The Dark Knight and Logan were hits too, though.

So, what, they're just pretending Days of Future Past doesn't exist?

Because it was actually good?

thats the problem

the last movie is good vs ancient evil awaken

Oh come on you're actually expecting them to stick to the source material?
I can't believe there are people who actually heard "X-Men: Phoenix movie" and thought "Oh right it'll be like the comic saga, with Jean first becoming Phoenix, then introducing the Hellfire Club, with the Mastermind subplot, then showing the wonderfully slow emergence of Dark Phoenix, the battles against the Imperial Guard in space, the finale on the Moon, etc."

No. It's going to be a rushed clusterfuck. Prepare for Deathbird + Gladiator + Hellfire Club + Imperial Guard to have as many speaking parts as Psylocke, Angel and Nightcrawler did last time around.
Prepare for Love Interest Lilandra to only be as big a factor as Storm was last time around.

This will be worse than The Last Stand

Dark Knight was a hit for its time, because normalfags had never seen a gritty comic character before. It had always just been silly.
Logan was a hit specifically because of what was before it. People enjoyed it as an end to Wolverine, not just that it was gritty. Also, it played on the same points that made stuff like Leon the Professional classics.

The public is otherwise sick of gritty, "grounded" movies. This is why DC has been failing until Wondie (which probably would have failed if it was any other superhero; the public was starved for a Wondie film).

I expect them to at least refer to the better parts of the source material. I'm perfectly fine with them ignoring Dazzler and the "timeslipping", and taking some liberties with who's in the Hellfire inner circle/X-Men lineup. Could be neat to have a Kitty Pryde origin in there too. Honestly without the space stuff the finale would be pretty shit. What with the criticism of The Last Stand, I'd assume there would be an interest in getting it right this time.

How is that a bad thing?

it's actually even worse than that

The Dark Knight as the template of gritty always feels so thinly strung.
If the Dark Knight was as gritty and grounded as the movies trying to copy it there never would've been any success.
It used hints of realism and operated like a regular thriller, that's about it, and it's less about normies and more about studio excecs not giving their directors freedom with the material.

Because a grounded Dark Phoenix was already tried before and we all know how that turned out.

Shit, this was for

JEEEANNNN

Well, that explains the really poor design choices for Cable and Domino. I'm sure the first movie wasn't a grounded and extremely gritty movie so I'm not sure why they are doing it in the sequel.

My schadenfreude is hoping for Warcraft the Movie's redheaded cousin, honestly. I want it to be a cold, watery puddle of diarrhea shit so that they'll stop making movies and making up their own crappy canon.

Sophie Turner is blah. Days of Future Past seemed to make everyone but Logan a great big crybaby.

Wasn't there some special edition comic where Logan is infected with nanites that start stripping the adamantium off his skeleton, and to get his body to stop freaking out he slices his own brain?

Studios don't understand, audiences don't need grounded plots and worlds. They need grounded characters. Characters that act and behave like real people. The characters need more than just convenient motivations. Hollywood commits this sin across all genres, characters acting like no real person you know ever would. Was Guardians a great movie?

continued from

No, Guardians wasn't great. It sure was ridiculous though. How did the audience get past that? Characters that were unique from each other with believable motivations that behaved like real people. Get the characters right and audiences are willing to have fun. Can't wait for X3 the last stand 2.0.

People will believe the impossible, but not the improbable.

I had a toy of this guy
Fuck i want a new one

Is "more grounded" code for another twenty minutes of "Charles" and "Eric" having more pseudo-philosophical debates about nothing?

Or just code for more boring love triangle with "Raven"?

It's code for Cyclops getting cucked by Jean and Wolverine, who has now been recast as a black man.

movie save.

I had the WarStar figure. That was such a cool toy. God, the 90s were a good time for action figures.