So Holla Forums, lets put together a comprehensive list of every single aired cartoon produced after December 31st...

so Holla Forums, lets put together a comprehensive list of every single aired cartoon produced after December 31st, 2013 thats at least a little bit good, barring pilots
I'll start you guys off:
The Amazing World of Gumball(seasons 1 and 2)
Sonic Boom
Spongebob Squarepants(season 10)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:2010s_American_animated_television_series
imdb.com/title/tt6517102/fullcredits/
kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/Lastman
kisscartoon.io/Cartoon/Bunnicula/
kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/Wacky-Races-2017/Episode-1?id=76618
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Over the Garden Wall

I'd throw the entire gumball series on it. The other seasons did have some slippage but it also had a lot more amazing episodes. The Weirdo and The Slide being two of the greatest episodes in the series IMO. The Choices, the Vision, The Hug, the Wicked Mrs Robinson, The Origin, The Safety, and The Slap were all post season 2.

best cartoon to date

Why not make it a general 2010s cartoon chart?

My picks:

Shall we make a chart?

there really wont be enough for a chart, user

If we manage to gather 9 cartoons it will be enough to fit in a nice 3x3 grid… Or we can include anime?

no

justice league action

Any of these good?
There's more here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:2010s_American_animated_television_series

Also if these reboots turn out good we can add them:

Someone's going to suggest this eventually, so I'll do it first so I can do it justice
Steven Universe's quality varies WILDLY on an episode-to-episode basis. While there are parts that are just pure cancer, there's some pretty radical stuff too. Most of the fight scenes are choreographed brilliantly and the music & background are great. I know there's muh trans and muh diversity shit in there, but since this list is going for "at least a little bit good" I feel like we should at least consider SU

Wander over yonder is a must, and I would go for the entire AWoG.

Adventure time had a decent start, and is worth watching until it goes to help in a handbasket.

Say what you want about nuJack but it was pretty fun to watch. Are we including movies on this list too, or only shows?

user your enter button is broken.

No. Wander Over Yonder was a very beautifully animated show, the problem was that the humor was meh. It was mostly slapstick and when it tried to dive into other stuff it usually turned out to be reddit shit. They spout reddit memes a few times. It has mostly mediocre episodes with a few shining examples of decent comedy that I wouldn't be afraid to suggest certain episodes but the entire series is just meh.

Castlevania is anime so it doesn't count.

This was never declared nor implied.
Nobody likes the shit show that is SU here except you.

I can look beyond the autism, cuckoldry and social justice crap in AT but it's still a sameface/noodle arm fest.

I heard WOY is mediocre but I kinda put it because of Craig ;_;

Is Avatar anime, too?

Did you even read OP's post?

Welp, my bad.
Still I wouldn't put SU, the core premise is fucked up and the little good bits that are scattered throughout the show definitely don't outweigh the bad.

I'd argue that the main plot episodes are usually pretty good, but the side episodes are usually god awful. Unfortunately, the quality does tend to sway to the side of bad, but when it's good, it's good.
I dunno, I guess my tism lets me put up with it for those few good moments. Plus, I like idea enough to want to see it through.
Thinking about making a re-cut of some of the episodes to cut out all the cancer I can, while keeping it as relevant to the plot as I can

>but when it's good, it's good.
Doubt it, care to give some examples?

Mirror Gem/Ocean Gem, Jailbreak, Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service, Bismuth, The "Monster" episodes, The last pat of Season 4 and all of Season 5 so far.
Just off the top of my head.

The cast and crew is mixed between nips and burgers, but mostly burgers. So I don't suppose it counts as anime.
imdb.com/title/tt6517102/fullcredits/

The important question is; is it any good?

It's alright, but it doesn't get a chance to really shine through in only 4 episodes for the first season.

It might be, but the episodes that were released were super disappointing. All they covered was the opening text crawl of the game that establishes the plot. I enjoyed it, but it's deserves no place on a recommendation list until we get more of it.

Fine then, we can keep it out of the list for now.

How's this?
We can add more stuff as they come all the way to 2020

And here's some alternative thumbs for SJ that I made and decided not to use, either for containing spoilers or not being a good representative of the show.

Only The Safety and The Origin were good. Everything else was shit.

SU isn't even a little bit good overall

do you have any .webms proving uncle gramdpa, bunnicula, wabbit, or pink panther and pals to be good?
als castlevania is an animu; it dont count
also was ducktales actually any good? i have no idea

can't imagine how uncle grandpa got on the list; lame spinoff of the already failed super mega fort awesome

pic related is a good suggestion for the list

secret mountain fort awesome, I mean. Fuck, it's amazing I even remembered the show's existence

I just added the recommendations that anons gave ITT, although I did watch videos/episodes of each show at some point and I'd say they were good. Google/KissCartoon are your friends, go watch the shows yourself and form your own opinion.
Also Castlevania is a western production for Netflix so it's not anime at all. It only has some Japanese people on the crew (art department…etc) but its cast is 100% western.
Ducktales was good. Again, go watch it and form your own opinion.

Fine, I'll replace UG with GF.

Castlevania is no more animu than Avatar

Current list

I bet you're the same faggot who "compiled" his favorite comics into a supposed recommendation macro.

Wabbit is shit, wasn't even close to capturing the original magic of loony toons

Basically every person said Castlevania needs to not be one the list for one reason or another dumbass.

His thread is still up, go shitpost in it and stop derailing this one.

Judging from the few episodes that I've seen, I thought it was more faithful to the original Loony Tunes than, say, the Loony Tunes Show which was more like a sitcom.

All that was said against it was
which we now know is not true, aside from that there's nothing wrong with adding it.

The looney toons show isn't trying to cash in on the image of the original looney toon cartoons though. It is just using the characters and playing them straight in the shows setting. Wabbit however wanted to be a continuation of sorts and failed spectacularly in design and writing.

It was still pretty watchable to me, oh well… What shall I replace it with?

Except that it's short right now and has no plot. In it's current form, I wouldn't ever recommend it to someone. Maybe once it's second season is out it'd be worth putting on lists but right now it's the equivalent of watching the trailer for a movie.

So Justice League and Duck Tales turned out not to be shit?

Dofus aux trésors de Kérubim
Wakfu S3

But the only people who like that tripe are retarded waifufags who don't have enough Anglo-Teutonic blood in them to hate everything French.

justice league at least I can vouch for, havnt seen ducktales yet

I liked Ducktales, it was only one hour-long episode but I liked it. No politics, no virtue signaling, no diversity, just a bunch of ducks going on an adventure and fucking shit up.
The 4 kids were a bit modernized, but still stuck to the heart of the originals (loving adventure, being curious about everything, team spirit…etc). No memes or cringy references whatsoever.
It was enjoyable and fun to watch, something you can't say for most modern cartoons let alone reboots.

I'd say it's definitely a quality reboot.

I second this, Wakfu is good shit.

Wakfu is not 2010s tho

This.

Dammit

I've seen the four episodes today, and yes it does seem like an introduction of sorts but there's definitely a plot.
Dracula falls in love with a woman seeking knowledge and marries her, later she gets killed by the church for being a "witch" so in a fit of rage Dracula unleashes his wrath upon humanity using an army from hell. A man called Trevor Belmont seeks to defeat Dracula with the help of The Speakers, a group of scholars who he newly met while visiting a village. They tell of an old sleeping soldier under the village who will wake to save humanity, and with Trevor's help they set out to find him, which they do.
There's your plot. If this isn't enough to set the tone of the series and hook the viewer then we might as well remove Ducktales and all other series that are still ongoing from the list.

Last Man is pretty nice actually, Maybe consider bojack horseman, F is for Family?

im surprised nobody's mentioned symbionic titan

Bojack should definitely be on the list.

Question though, if we're counting Samurai Jack season 5, should other shows that that had later seasons in the 2010s count as well?
Like Wakfu, as someone mentioned, or Batman Brave and the Bold, that ran till 2011.

SJ season 5 is an exception.
It was separated from the seasons before it by more than ten years and aired on a different channel with a different rating and art style…etc. It's considered a show of its own.

Better to skip it and never have questions.

I don't know why the list has Gravity Falls or Wabbit.
For suggestions, I'd put in:
Technically started at the end of September 2009 and went into 2010 and has all but maybe 8 episodes in the 10s so might as well count.
Not Avengers Assemble. Ever.
I rarely see it talked about, but I think it was fun. Most of the discussion is about either the various evo waifus, anyways. It's pretty much a teenage version of Ben 10, but with a lot fewer faults.
Love it or hate it, 8/10 for me, but I felt it's worth a watch.
I see a lot of people say they like it on here, but I haven't got around to watching it as I love the original too much.
S2 was pretty average and bogged down, but S1 was really good.
New take on the old format; paid off really well for the most part.
There's lots of them and you'd have to pick and choose the best ones, but there's lots of good stuff in there.
I've seen this show talked about maybe twice since it came out. It's incredibly good and won me over despite loving the original show. One of the most interesting points of this show is, similar to the original, they use a lot of superimposition and have physical sets with CGI over the top. You'll notice it a lot during take off scenes where dust and water moves properly.

Don't have a clue about Ducktales, but JLA is exactly what you want it to be:
10 minutes of action with a quick intro to set up the new hero they introduce each episode and a joke at the end to wrap it up.
It's voiced well, brings up random and unique heroes and villains that haven't been seen for decades and properly uses Firestorm's abilities beyond "shoots fire" and actually stated that Killer Frost gets more powerful when he hits her.

While on the topic of JLA, as well as the 52 episodes (of which only 30-something are out) there's also a dozen shorts that go for 2-3 minutes on YouTube.

Season 2 is and Season 3 came out yesterday.
Hopefully it'll be good.

Added.

So we're removing Gravity Falls now… Can you guys make up your mind?

No singular seasons, sorry.

Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. would make a fine addition (had thought it debuted in 2009 but it was 2010)

What's your bitch with Gravity Falls? Don't like an overarching mystery plot?
I mean, yeah, the dipper-waifu eps can be cringey but it's solid throughout

Dofus is a separate show from the 2010s

Does Transformers Prime count?
Legend Quest?

Where do I find the rest of the episodes for LastMan? Youtube doesn't have it anymore

That's fucking reddit-tier.
Anyone on 8/co/ right now that thinks it's good should just fuck off back to wherever they came from.

Teen Titans Go

Added.

Wish I knew, couldn't find it on any torrent sites or Kisscartoon.

Haven't watched Bojack but its art style does give off some reddit vibes. It was already suggested by 2 anons though so I can't remove it.

Agree with most of it, though the Castlevania might be pushing it.
It wasn't really that good and season 2 is looking a tad worse.

It's not even out yet, what are you talking about?

Goddamn Holla Forums is full of newfags .

Winter 2014
D-Frag
Space Dandy
Mushishi Hihamukuge
Tonari no Seki-kun
Witchcraft Works

Spring 2014
Black Bullet
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Mushishi Zoku Shou
Ping Pong
Tamako Love Story
Nemure Omoigo, Sora no Shitone ni

Summer 2014
Barakamom
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Hanamonogatari
Locodol
Yama no Susume

Fall 2014
Amagi Brilliant Park
Shirobako
Gugire Kokkuri-san
Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu
Denki-gai no Honya-san

but you can remove something thats been suggested by 2 anons
in fact, its quite likely that they're the same guy

Lastman can be watched here:
kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/Lastman

Thanks

Do really need to have a debate about this, its a video game adaption for pete's sake.? This shit should be expected already, season 1 was meh and considering the writing history the current writers have they don't improve beyond throwing shit out of a window. And you are right, its not even out yet so why is it listed so far, with a mediocre first season and a questionable second one?

I suppose that's a good point… I'll remove it.

See

>>>/a/

Yes and threads were had in the past discussing about the 'quality' of the show. Its neither faithful to the source material or really engaging in its own right (The threads themselves were really split), there's a plot going by but as I said before these fuckers can't really write for shit and we all know how most American directed video game adaptions turn out.

We're already seeing the rumblings of autism

Lumping this with "other video game adaptations" is painting with a very wide brush, might as well remove all reboots from the list since "other reboots" are complete shit…
I could care less about the directors/writers' other works, remember that Genndy failed to make anything good aside from SJ so your point here doesn't really stand.
Been a long time since I played a Castlevania game so my memory of the game's deepest lore is fuzzy, still I wouldn't expect a 1:1 adaptation of the games. The series definitely stands on its own and keeps the core values of the game intact, and that's what matters.

Wasn't this supposed to be a Holla Forums chart? If several people don't want a certain show to be on the list then it sure as hell shouldn't be on the list.
I add everything that's suggested ITT but if several anons vote on something to be removed then it's only natural that I remove it.

user you're too damn optimistic, especially in a time where Hollywood has mostly failed at making any video game adaption good? Plus this is Netflix we're talking about, its only a matter of time.

Other reboots are either done or not finished yet. And yes most reboots are shit, I'll even go a step ahead of you and recommend we remove Ducktales considering it hasn't even finished airing its first season. and replace it with mlp ;^)

Then you're a fucking idiot. If a producer gave the writing responsibilities for an adaption of a New Super Mario Show, to some fucker who only worked on Johnny Test, there's a good 80% chance its going to suck ass. Look at the second pic, Michael Hirsh was a producer for Johnny Test

user, Sym-botic Titan (something he's made) is on OP's list
So you're saying The Animated Clone Wars shorts back in 2003 were crap, his Popeye short was crap and Dexter's Lab was crap. But I'll agree his Sony movies weren't really good besides the animation, beyond that you're really dumb.

There's something called a wiki you can use.

Its not even a close adaption, they went with the style of those shitty God of War ripoff games and fucked over the various storylines each game had, all the while bragging that they loved and studied the lore of the games. Hell even said God of War ripoffs were closer, story-wise, to the game series as a whole then the animated series now. Dracula is a romantic not a fucking scientist.

Surely you jestin'.

But Bojack Horseman isn't even remotely good.

I expected a maximum of 9 cartoons to make the list and look what we got now. Why not be optimistic?

Let's not. Yes I know that both it and CV are unfinished but they both merit a recommendation based on what's been released so far. If they go south later we can just, wait for it, remove them like everything else that's been removed so far! Crazy, right?
This list won't be officially done until 2020 comes so we have plenty of time

It would have sucked from the get-go if that was the case, but it didn't.

What second pic?

Yeah those were good, I forgot Genndy made Dexter.
Meh, only added because someone else suggested it. As mentioned in the OP this isn't a "top-notch" list, but a "not bad" list.
Not a fan and could care less.
You also forgot the Luke Cage comic which was released pre-nuJack, and turned a superhero into a cartoony mess.

Why can't he be a scientist? Romantic Dracula is boring and overdone, I prefer the current plot where the love relationship came as a by-product of seeking knowledge from a knowledgeable person, rather than just being seduced by someone attractive. A love for the mind is more interesting than mere lust.

It came out in 2008 so not 2010s.

change the picture from worthwhile cartoons to not-garbage cartoons

I say we remove Castlevania and replace it with Batman Brave and the Bold.

Here you go user

Because you're putting a polished turd on.

One is a series with one season done, the other is a series with only one episode shown. There's a big contrast here. It would make much more sense to add mlp than Ducktales. You know what also had a great first episode? Thundercats

It sure ain't as good as you're shilling it to be.

Hindsight 20/20.

Nice save there user.

You wanted shows that were good, 2003 Clone Wars is an actual good cartoon better than the rebooted Clone Wars by Lucasfilm and here you are bitching about personal tastes?

Kid, you said you wanted cartoons.

That was the point of that series. You can't be this dense.

That's like saying why can't Superman be a dark edgy piece of shit that is more god than man because regular Superman is boring? OH WAIT, THEY DID!
And why make it Dracula in the first place? You said-
Why use a public domain romantic figure and not use one of his strongest literary element, he's big in the game but in your logic it wouldn't matter.

The women reminded him of his past lover and wished to be reunited with her.

You're sounding more like a Reddit faggot with each passing post.

Sounds like you're just being a big whiny bitch, user.

Just pointing out bullshit user, just pointing it out.

They could have made it work if they were good writers, but they obviously weren't. Again, stop painting everything with a wide brush.

If creative freedom bugs you so much I can remove all non-original shows from the list for not being 100% consistent with the books/comics/previous installations they were based off of, despite the outcome being good or not.

And you sound like some Holla Forums fanboy purist who shrieks at anything that slightly deviates from his favorite deep lore.
Get over yourself and stop obsessing over one single show being on a list that's not meant to represent your very specific tastes.

How many more times do they need to do it? How many user?

Im just explaining reality/ Hollywood for what it is.

This whole argument started with me saying castlevania isn't a very good show and its not going to get any better
I bring up that its not very faithful and you go full retard with me backing my point up in later posts.

Thanks for the complement, its better than what you are.

Im just responding you your replies, nothing more and nothing less.

The whole point is making a dark story without being edgy, dumbass.

youre giving me secondhand embarrassment kys

Is the new Wacky Races any good?

BatB premiered in 2008. not eligible

Never heard of it till now.

Holy shit user, can you be any more of a faggot?

Was bunnicula even good?

It's good. I watched a few episodes before, it's mostly classic slapstick humor akin to Tom & Jerry but with some dialogue and pseudo PG gore.
You can watch it on Kisscartoon and see what you think of it: kisscartoon.io/Cartoon/Bunnicula/

Yeah yeah I get it, dark Superman is bad. But that wasn't my point to begin with…
What I'm trying to say is that there are some creative liberties you could take while making a show or adaptation, whether or not they work depends on how good of a writer you are and how severely you change things.

For example season 5 of Samurai Jack; it was darker than usual and had violence and mentions of suicide. But Genndy made it work and people liked it since episode 1, any other writer would have made an edgy mess and had fans resent the idea of an adult-oriented SJ.
Same can be said for other shows. The Looney Tunes Show is not as wacky as the original Looney Tunes and was more like a sitcom, but it worked on its own and found its crowd. Scooby Doo Mystery Inc was more action-oriented than mystery/crime-oriented with physical confrontations between the gang members and the monsters and some silly love drama between Shaggy and Velma but it was written properly and for that it was successful. The 90s Pink Panther talked, Tom and Jerry Tales had a white house lady, the Ducktales reboot modernized the kids…etc.

Bottom line is you can't immediately dismiss a show for "not being faithful", that's entirely subjective and depends on the fan accepting some change or being a stuck-up old fart.
Did the Castlevania series deviate from the games concerning some details from the story? Yes.
Does that make it instantly bad? No, many other factors definitely come into play.

Of course not, its shitty for other reasons.

But if you are going to change all that why just dont make a new story, i dont get why people insist in rebooting shit constantly if they want to try new things

Feel free to state them.

All that what? What major plot point did they drastically change, if I may ask?
I can recall many adaptations that copied their source material 1:1 and failed miserably, and not just in cartoons but also in movies and comics. It's reasonable to change the material you're adapting to suit the medium you're adapting it into, even it means adding/removing some things with reason. A game script is not a movie script and vice versa.

Didn't you have an entire argument with this user over that?

Yes I did, but I'm asking for your reasons not his.

So you don't have any… That's fine.

thats what i mean why its necessary to take things outside of the medium where they were successful, to another one where they will most likely be mediocre.

That's not true. Why can't both the game and the series be successful on their own?
Samurai Jack was inspired by a comic called Ronin, which was somewhat successful, yet SJ became far more successful and popular despite being an adaptation of a comic from before its time… Not all derivate work is a watered down version of the original.

thats a bad example, Genndy dint make ronin: the animated series, he took the core elements, the magic sword, the future setting the shapeshifting demon and gave them a different spin so different that it could no longer be called ronin, it was a new product with a new name that was successful on his own because people couldn't compare it to ronin.

Seems only one episode aired so far:
kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/Wacky-Races-2017/Episode-1?id=76618

It may not have the puppets that everyone wants to return but it's a good modern adaption of the series, with some nice new features to each of the vehicles and a massive overhaul of Thunderbird 5 that makes it way more useful than the original series. The physical sets by Weta Workshop also look good and CGI integration of them and the characters may not be perfect but at least they tried to do something new for an animated series.

Negatives are, half hour time limit means shorter stories as rescues become more time urgent and less downtime for character development on Tracy Island, annoying use of the full length stock footage vehicle launch which could be edited down, changing Brains from Caucasian to Indian.

Thanks

this is going to include Rick and Morty

only if the template is shared so anons who dissent from the primary can submit their own opinion, that shit with snot girl and other crap for comics was unacceptable

SECONDED

Wakfu cannot be added because it premiered in 2008, so it's not 2010s. I added Dofus though…

Just report him for spam.

Don't bother with Castlevania OP, that shit was awful.

Picture over.

"LOL WHAT IS THE PLOT TODAY?"
"Fucking. And btw I fuck a demon."
"OH HOW SURPRISING!"

Didn't watch it to be honest, it was suggested here so I just added it. Care to briefly elaborate on why it's bad?

Sure Reddit user, in terms of quality the first season is fine, mostly some slice of life stuff exploring each character from the perspective of one. When season 2 came around, most of the characters became highly flanderized, losing their individual charm. The plot become more action oriented and everyone just became cynical. Though there are some stand out episodes, season 2 feels like different show in terms of tone and composition.

add star vs the forces of evil

Yes.
The animation and look is terrible.
The jokes are terrible.
The female lead is an absolute whore who fucks around with the excuse to be a succubus, zero sympathy.
The male lead is an absolute cuck who ignores that fact and sticks to her, zero sympathy.
The story of almost ALL episode is: X fucks Y and it's complicated because X is a human and Y is whatever dumb shit they come up with. There is one episode where they try to get two trees to fuck. Or one episode that's all about if it's okay if Bella from Twilight and her werewolf BF screw. For so much crazyness, the show is absolutely unimaginative, though.
The comedic sidekick wizard is absolutely annoying and no joke lands.
Also oh, haha, the female lead turns into an angry demon with uncontrollable woman-issues because that's something so retarded, only webcomics would make that up.

It's seriously made for stoners during puberty. There is nothing of quality there. And hell, I watched whole seasons of it and only cringed and sighed instead of ever laughing.

Why the hell isn't motorcity on? Jesus Christ OP, how new are you?

I'm also pretty sure that Pink Panther (there are still old farts watching this and being ever entertained by it?!) and Scooby Doo (let it die!) don't belong on any "Worthwhile" list.

They're the reboots, pay attention.

I know those are reboots, that doesn't make it less shitty. Noone wants that.
What is it with America and fucking Scooby Doo?!

Mystery Incorporated is an actually good show.

Land of the free.

Yeah right.

Dang, you sure showed me!

Thanks for the elaborate explanation, I can kind of see it as yet another failed "adult" cartoon so I'll remove it… By the way, can you weigh in on Bojack? Some anons want it removed but no details have been given as to why it's bad.

Added.

Don't derail the thread.

Sure. One of the best cartoons I've ever seen and I watch it every autumn together with Over the Garden Wall. People who hate it just can't relate or they are too young for the issues handled there. Or just friggin positive people, good for them (assholes).

Sounds reasonable, thanks for the insight user.

To be fair though, the style of Bojack is really distracting and the first episodes don't represent the rest of the show (but have to be watched because everything eventually comes back).
I have a hard time convincing people to watch because it looks weird and like a "lol randum" cartoon, basically they think it's like Ugly Americans. But once they start watching, they like it. Problem is, if you hate Bojack as a character, you hate the show. It's not for everyone, but they can't deny the way it causes emotions despite looking so weird is flawless.

If people are allowed to claim Steven Universe is deep and emotional, what's wrong with claiming Bojack is all that? Barf. Steven Universe.

Oh boy, the opinion of the lone shill that stalks Bojack's only thread to give it a thumbs up, how surprising.

Return to the threads where you people discuss Sonic Boom and Powerpuff Girls, faggot.

Someone's getting tense. Come on OP, we all know this user is full of shit, just look how he responds.

How else should I reply to a troll who complains about shit without, unlike me, writing a wall of text why he doesn't like it.

I have yet to see a valid opinion why this show sucks.

user, nothing's valid in your eyes. You're as blind as they come, you could be slapped ten times in the face with evidence and you would still deny it as valid because of your autistic fit with the show.

Guys it's really not that hard to stop shitposting and actually explain why a show is bad or good. Bojack-user explained the good and bad about the show with details and this is how adding/removing should be discussed.

Not reply at all?

No use man, you're talking to an autist with an unhealthy obsession for a horse show, who also has deep regrets about Sonic the Hedgehog and another faggot that likes fucking with him.

Well do you know your favorite show well enough to give an elaborate explanation as to why it's good?

Didn't another user try to do that with Castlevania but you just ignored him completely and kept the show on the list?

Sure, Dan Vs. The writing is great, following a lovable but completely insane narcissist, who abuses his friend Chris, who's more timid and frail, as he drags him along a number of incidents as he attempts to right wrongs society has done to him. Dan's jargon to explain the method to his madness is one of the main draws to the show as he completely pulls shit out of his ass in a manner that actually sounds quite reasonable if it weren't for his constant out bursts of anger directed at failure or incompetence.

Yes he tried and his reasons were "it's not faithful" and "the writers worked on bad shows before so this must be bad by extension".
Neither are valid reasons to instantly dismiss a show and that's where our discussion ended.

There you go. Now why give others shit for it, huh?

Im not the same user, I just stated the obvious.

Im pretty sure there was more than that, considering you guys went into a multi-post discussion about it. Personally I think the castlievania show was boring as shit.

Feel free to point out anything else I missed, but these two points are what I see as the digest of his reasons.

Why was that? I thought it was pretty eventful, even moreso considering they tried to pack a lot of details into a mere 4 episodes.

That's the problem, they felt so disjointed and clobbered in terms of format, like it was originally a 2 hour movie (A prequel to be exact) but because someone wanted a tv show things were shuffled around to fill/make space. It ends with the promise of adventure, leaving something fairly muddled in terms of world building and hands no real pay off. The writing is in a similar situation, feels like someone tried to write a campy medieval film but a guy all the way in the corner started yelling he wanted it to be more serious and Game of Thrones like, resulting in some sort of cringy mess. Also the bar scene, what the hell was that? Main guys is your generic hero does shit until forced into the situation, I don't know much about the games but I do know that the guy you play as is always on his top, why can't he be a hero from the start, its a four episode series that promises action and guts but decides to pull a which heroes journey for little reason. Also don't forget about the obvious cliches, the church is corrupt , the head of the church is corrupt, all the evil so far is outlandishly evil (just decide on the freaking tone), one or two sole X showing that not all X are evil even though…etc. When someone goes into a show called castlievania they don't expect it to be so exposition-heavy. They're not even blunt about it, they outright state shit out, I know its a 4 episode pilot but still you need to add some mystery or else what else would the audience want to know? How faithful is the adaption to the games? The plot isn't much better or at least some elements of it. I also seen this in the new Spider-man cartoon, science this, science that! Christ, I know they want the Reddit demographic but come one this a series of monster hunting and magic, why the fuck is science a plot point and why is not called alchemy? And then you have this Lisa chick, "Im so beautiful, kind and innocent who's also super smart and wants to help people with the greatness of science but the meanies at the church think SCIENCE bad and want to kill me so I go any way." It's like someone from Tumblr came up with the idea. But after the bitch gets burned, people celebrate that the literal blood sucking monster has been gone for a while and then it rains blood. You could've literally started the show with the mary sue being burned at the stake and that would've created a great if not more powerful intro, give or take a monologue or two.

I don't hate it the show but its bores me more than it entertains

anyway good reading comprehension
first season was a little bit good

turbofaggot

fair enough mate

my opinion on the list so far
have not seen it
I've seen a few episodes and liked it, keep forgetting to sit down and watch it
its kinda like early Ben 10 with less powers and the characters and writing are all pretty good, except for the last season, everything falls apart quality wise
not for everyone but the robot fighting was Aces and a lot of the writing was too like the mascot
havn't seen it
Not bad, not amazing but definitely worth watching just for the b-listers that hardly ever get the spotlight
Have not Seen it except for a few clips
its fun, worth watching
watched it all and it was amazing, I wish there was more
Until towards the end it was great
Lesbians aside I would sit kids down to watch this like its Dave the Gnome or Papa Beavers Story Time
Have not watched it
Have not watched it
Only saw like half or a quarter of it out of order, definitely worth watching for dumb fun and quality animation
I've seen smatterings and been spoilered, seems good
have not seen it
saw a few episodes, its pretty good
Have not seen it
It looks like Generic sitcom shit so I never watched it
Have not watched it
Have not watched it
I think I saw a clip with batman and a grappeling hook, its on my list to watch
Have not watched it
its only worth it for like the first 3 or 4 episodes, whatever one where they are eaten and it ends with a lady bug
have not seen it
have not seen it

really this makes me realize I need to get caught up so I can form better opinions on stuff

I've only seen 1-2 episodes of GoT but if I were to compare it to Castlevania then GoT definitely takes the cake in terms of being edgy and cringy.
First time hearing of this "format change" from movie to series, but I guess that does explain the "promise of adventure" as they wouldn't have wanted to offer closure after only 1 season. Nonetheless, the first season built enough hype to warrant waiting for the second, which will be 8 episodes long and will hopefully be more organized.
The bar scene was a mess for sure, however it did a good job of establishing the drunktard character of Trevor who later gradually changes into a village savior. A top-of-his-game hero from the get-go is boring and mary sue-ish, I know I would have hated it so I excuse them writing Trevor the way they did.
The part about the church was justified because IIRC all Castlevania games take place in a medieval setting. The corrupt church plot is cliché, sure, but it provides good incentive for Trevor to seek Dracula and defeat him (the plot that is more in tone with the games).
I completely agree with this point. Though it would have had to be tweaked to show that she was in bed with Dracula and that he was a scientist. A trait that I preferred to the simple "seductive vampire" trope.

It's truly amazing how a 2010s chart, that is expected to have nothing at all, gets to gather that many entries.

a decade prior it would probably have better titles tbh

No, it really wasn't. No one's talking about it and the reviews that are coming out now after the hype blew over are all canning it.

I doubt it. This user has a point and from what I saw, it doesn't seem to be getting better.

There's no excuse for bad writing, you're just confirming a bias just because you don't like a trope. In reality, there really hasn't been a 'hero from the get-go' character in a while (excluding comic related stuff of course), more often than not we're seeing more the type of character shift seen with Trevor in a lot of other media. In the end both tropes are bad but the one they chose to characterize Trevor shouldn't excuse it for its shitty execution.

user, this is a work of pure fiction. Nothing needs to be justified just because it happened in real life OH MY STORY WITH AN EVIL CHURCH THAT TOTALLY ISN'T OVER USED, HAPPENS AROUND WHEN THE CHURCH WAS GOING ACTUALLY ACTING BADLY, NOPE, IN NO POINT IN THE SAME TIME PERIOD DID THE CHURCH ACT GOOD, NOPE THEY WERE ALL EVIL! 24/7 , you got a guy with a magical wip that's going out to kill the Prince of Darkness, that alone should be enough to focus on and not some political non-sense including the church. Hell, if I set a show in medieval time, I can use the crusades and the many Muslim invasions to justify the complete xenophobic behavior the characters will display and make them the good guys, considering the church at the time was the only standing institution surviving after the Romans fell.

It also makes you look like a fucking hypocrite, you accept the the old 'The corrupt church plot is cliché' that's been done to death and resurrected three days later but hate the 'hero from the get-go' trope because you personally believe its boring while the actual trope is dying.

There's been 31 different Castlevania games out now, I'm pretty sure they could've found a better excuse than that. If they bothered with the games that is

Just by skimming the wiki, its more in line with the more 3d games or Simon's Quest, and going by there review scores and causal pop-up articles from google, no one really seems to like them.

I don't buy it, seems more hammfisted than actually intelligent, ooooooh make this classical figure of literature into a super genius, no turn him into a robot, no send him to the future, no make him sparkle, OH SCIENCE; All what Ive listed actually happened to some capacity it reads out if were from some overly hyped Tween Teen fantasy book, that's been recently picked up by Hollywood because they need a new idea for a movie. And again with your bias, I don't care what you personally like. The show is not very good, I rather wait for all the fight scenes to be uploaded on youtube then sit through 20 minutes of uninteresting talking.

Disney has enough faith in it that they put the first ep on youtube in HD a month in advance of the series TV premiere. And they left the comment section active

My only complaints:
Webby's a little too spastic (but she's not ohsoperfect lolsorandom; she's actually sheltered, socially awkward, and might have faced some trauma in the past based on how she was introduced)
They may have blown their load with the first big adventure just based on the nature of their target location

They've only released one episode, I don't honestly think it should belong until more are out.

Fair point. At the very least it can be argued that it is only an item of interest until an overall impression of the show's quality can be determined

You must be still going strong with the whining I see…

Nice to know.

You made your point clear in the first, what, 5 posts? Everytime someone goes as far as mentioning the show you sperg out and bitch about the exact same things. Stop whining, faggot.

You do know there's more than one user that dislikes the show, right?

And surprisingly they all write in the exact same manner, with the exact same spacing, circulating around the exact same points with the same retarded examples. Must be a coincidence…
I didn't notice it before but
You belong in >>>/reddit/

Oh boy, this thread is going to take a hard left turn isnt?