What did I think of Mike's thoughts on Star Trek Discovery

what did I think of Mike's thoughts on Star Trek Discovery

>they loved it
What a surprise

Faggot Mike forgot ENT for Enterprise which is better than VOY.

lmao

Nostalgia needs to die.

Hmmmmmmm

It's as Midnight's Edge said; after they spent about 45 minutes saying it was complete trash (and in quite some detail), they mentioned that many reviewers are not going to say any negative shit about this because they are terrified of being called "racist" (IE: having brigades of paid pitchforks care of CBS coming through to save their 'All Access' signup chances).

This of course does not exonerate RLM. Far from it in fact; they know it is shit for sure but do not have the courage to come out and say it. As such this is much worse than the TFA review since that was with fan blinders; this is has no such buffer and is just pure cowardice.

I don't give a shit what these sellouts think of anything and neither should you.

$50 has been added to their accounts for being good goys. I usually like RLM but Jesus this was fucking awful and very painfully obvious paid review. Also
>Meanwhile audiences are loving Orville, while STD does awful with the audience but only does well with (((reviewers)))

Keep in mind Rich was MUCH more down on it than Mike was, and when it came to Mike he basically pretended it was JJ Trek.

So in addition to some of what was in , you still have Mike sucking off of anything that vaguely looks like JJ shit in addition to Rich pussing out going full blast.

Mike is such a fucking faggot it's looking more and more likely he ripped off all the points from the Prequel reviews from forums and just read them in a silly voice.

Every time he has to give an unfiltered, unrehearsed, on the spot opinion on something he ALWAYS says something retarded.

Called it. I knew they would weasel through every problem and recommend it because they're trekkies looking for their next fix.

That's why they didn't bring Jay in for the discussion

Deep down they just want to watch Starfleet fleet battles like the normies but do not want to admit it. STD is trash.

Jay does not like Star Trek and has said so for years.

Rich was far harsher on it when he was streaming earlier though, wonder if he held back so that Mike wouldn't get angry.

My god are they IGN?
Maybe Mike likes it because he wants to self insert as the sheboon mc Michael and hoping gets inserted by some space nigger romulan or whatever

so RLM is dead..

He didn't say "It's good, keep watching it" to my knowledge, they said they're going to give it a chance because the first two seasons of TNG sucked and they're hoping this will turn around.

They made three really important points though.

-What made the Star Trek setting great was that it was perfect escapism. The people got along, the technology was interesting, the ships looked comfortable, the settings were interesting. "Watching this show I thought 'I would not want to live in this world." It fails in exactly the same way the BSG remake did and Stargate: Universe.

-Rich said repeatedly over and over he was done with the series. He said the pilot gave him no reason to keep watching, that it felt like a complete movie, and it would have been more interesting if they'd started with her character as a prisoner ala Tom Paris. He said the only character that got any attention at all was the male-named female character Michael, and she's completely unlikable. She's arrogant and stupid, which is a shade off of making Joffrey your protagonist. In one of the Pre_Rec streams he said "She's like House if House was neither funny nor interesting." Not to toot my own horn, but the only thing universally getting praised is what I called months back when the cast was first announced, Doug Jones character. I knew based on the actor choice that he'd be a little sassy and he would make whatever horrible makeup they put him in work. And who cares? The ship he was in got blowed up. Is he dead? Rich reiterated that he was done with the show when Mike suggested they'd do this "every week" and Rich all but said fuck that.

-They also said it was reference heavy and the writing was terrible.

-While initially handwaving the completely changed Klingon appearances by saying they've been changed in every iteration, they both agreed their plot and motivation felt really dumb.

Also, I got much the same vibe on Midnight's Edge. To the point I said something in the comments (and they were kind enough to respond at least.) Every single time one of these abominations comes out, these guys say "Even if it's garbage, we want the franchise to succeed." The thing is, if it succeeds as a bad product it's just hurting the series overall. If it dies because of a bad product, when it's inevitably brought back they'll never try that shit again. You think there's going to be another all female Ghostbusters? Good fucking luck. But yeah no, because I loved the first two movies I should totally want that movie to succeed. Fuck that.

Yep, because he doesn't give a fuck about sci-fi and wants to jerk it about horror instead.

The Klingons changing "everytime" is a bullshit talking point these shills all repeat. I don't think they had the budget to do the Klingon's makeup in TOS until The Motion Picture. By Star Trek III we see the modern Klingons and they have never changed their look since then. Also, the Klingons were Soviets in TOS and besides the brown face paint they had Asian facial hair to give them that Asiatic look. This is always ignored too. The nu-Klingons suck and STD is a Kelvin timeline reboot.

STD was written and producer by Akiva Goldsman.

Also explains why it was shot like an episode of the 60's Batman tv show.

This is too boring for modern audiences.

What if it doesn't return? Or they try something different?

Female Ghostbusters happened in the first place because Ghostbusters 2 was hated.

We wuz kangs!
WE
WUZ
KANGS!

Then it dies without being raped beforehand.
Then they make something worthwhile and save the series or they fuck it up harder, it crashes again and see point 1.

No, it happened because Sony wanted to virtue signal hard and they spent all their money advertising because of that shitty trailer they put out, leading to a loss of revenue which means Ghostbusters 3 will be out next or they shelve the franchise indefinitely.

I really wish they'd just clone TNG, maybe with a dash of DS9's overarching plot. Audiences are getting sick of this constant action shit and would prefer something a bit more optimistic and hopeful. That's what The Orville tried and seems to be successful at, so maybe they'll cut the dramatic shit and just make it a fun science-fiction romp in a few years after STD gets cancelled.

You'd think they'd do what Roddenberry did and make it all about hope and optimism for the future, despite things like the Cold War and the Vietnam War going on, but instead, they double down on DRUMPF!!!!!!!!!! and things that will be more obscure than a footnote in a shitty textbook in 400 years time. Hell, I'm pretty sure 90% of the shit going on now will be forgotten about in 50 years time, except for the retards that cling to it to try and retroactively get Hillary elected.

More like they will never make something again, or wait some decades before trying.

Ghostbusters 2 flopped and was hated by everyone, why would they make Ghostbusters 3? A reboot was the most sensible choice.

The next movie is a CG animation, Ghostbusters 3 will never be made since 2 failed.

A sensible reboot wouldn't have been Vaginabusters with the Magilla Gorilla and Hemsworth as a hot, dumb hunk.

I'm sure you would do better.

I would've just looped the plane scene over and over for an hour and a half tbqh

Ghostbusters 3 was already made.

This was my first ever look at the Enterprise.

I think at some point Mike just became completely inured to the present state of things and resigned himself to eating the literal shit that comes out of Hollywood every single day now. It's a pity, RLM has no edge anymore.

Wrong, everything was lined up for a third film, Bill Murray wouldn't do it. When they were finally going to do it without him, Amy Pascal swooped in and forced them to use her retarded "glass ceiling" idea.

Even then Bill Murray wouldn't do it so the studio threatened to sue him. They all should have done what Rick Moranis did.

The films with the TOS cast are kino.

Poz Trek: STD is the most exciting thing since my girlfriend opened up our relationship like Europe's borders. There was a low number of white people in it and it's very inclusive to the LGBTQR&BYMCADPRK community which I am a part of which was good. Unfortunately there wasn't any closeups of interracial creampies or nubian dicks, it loses some points over that. Overall it's a milestone work which cements the fact that the white middle class nerd is almost extinct. 9/10.

Mike and Rich's not-an-argument in favor of the set design of STD are ridiculous: "lol trekkies are idiots, did they really think that they would make a [current stardate]-Trek with the shitty TOS sets?". It's like they've never heard of ENT. I'm sure there's a way to make a set and an overall art direction that would fit perfectly between ENT and TOS's art direction.
FFS…

I don't really understand how that space tunic still evokes such ridicule. It's not out of place with the other silly clothing in TNG. If I lived in a neatly air conditioned space vehicle, I wouldn't mind my dick hanging free either.

someone decided to take shiny garbage bags as inspiration
it looks terrible because its trying to fit overdesigned something into modern sci-fi movie
if it was a more grounded setting instead of modern sci-fi, it would be toned down a lot, and would probably work
but not like this

You just have to look at how badly the forced Iraq War allegory in nu-BSG has aged. There's also the fact that GRRM fucked his book series over by inserting one too with Mereen.

Hollywood has always tended to cast Republican presidencies as dystopian nightmares. Watchmen is a 'hell' where Nixon is still president. Reagan and 'the Pentagon' were perennial bad guys in the 80s. JK Rowling compared Bush to Voldemort.

Does Mike get angry when people disagree with him? Both Jay and Rich tiptoe around the fact that they absolutely hated the thing they're discussing when they find themselves disagreeing with Mike.

If you're thinking about the New Caprica story arc, it was a mix of WW2 and Iraq.

I've never heard that about Mike though that would be interesting.

Mike is an angry drunk. And he’s always drunk.

One of the early Half in the Bags episodes guest stars one of the girls that was in that movie they made as a parody of Critters or whatever, it's been a while since I saw it but I think it was the one where they talk about Black Ninja. They also talk about this romantic comedy Anna Farris.

He didn't get angry, but the girl described the genre as being "like popcorn" and Mike just utterly unleashed about how completely fucking stupid and predictable romantic comedies are -and to be fair, he's right, they are total shit.

I remember thinking she must have gotten offended since she never came back.

Having seen the first two episodes of Orville, it's definitely more enjoyable than STD. The comedy's hit and miss, but as a tribute to TNG they got the tone down surprisingly well.

They always bow their heads for Mike.
Fucking beta males.

Later on in that stream he rips into it more thoroughly. The House comparison was already mentioned, but later on when someone comments something like "God forbid they try something different." he responds "Like what? Dumb mindless action?" There's a bit where he just breaks down and says "Fuck Star Trek Discovery" over and over.

Right. I think most people handwaved the the appearence change from TOS to TMP because of the advances in film makeup from the 60's to the late 70's, and the fact that they now had a real budget to work with. You got the sense TMP Klingons are just what they wanted Klingon's to look like the whole time. Their look is also still pretty reminscent of the TOS Klingons. Their clothes are similar in style. Many of them have the same kind of facial hair. And if you absolutely need an explanation as to why some Kilingons have forehead ridges and why some don't, Enterprise handled that. How do these new Kilingons fit in?

The fourth episode of The Orville is the best so far.

STD is a Kelvin reboot. Their appearance is closer to the Klingons we saw in Star Trek Into Darkness. The noses are exactly the same I think.

You'd think they would double down on TOS klingons being soviets because muh russians.
The one point I agreed with was all new star trek series should be chronological so advances in special effects convey advances in technology.

They loved the nu star wars so no surprise.

We all know the new Klingons are durka durka sand african-americans. Bryan Fuller, for all his glorious gay homosex, knows that muslims are the true evil.

That was very early on in HitB so it would have been around 2011, she came back for a guest episode of BotW in 2013 so yes she did go right.
Also hearing Mike talk about that romantic comedy is ironic now considering he uses the same excuse now, just with the word "shlock" like Independence Day Resurgence. (even worse he completely unironically thought Jurassic World was excellent)

>(((Kike Cucklasa)))
>>>/cuck/
>>>/cuckold/
>>>/cuckshed/
>>>/bbc/
>>>/blacked/
>>>/black/
>>>/nigger/
>>>/israel/
>>>/judaism/
>>>/kike/
>>>/jew/
>>>/disney/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/leddit/
>>>/cancer/
>>>/autism/
>>>/gaschamber/
>>>/auschwitz/
>>>/oven/
>>>/interracial/
>>>/suicide/
>>>/bernie2016/
>>>/hillary2016/
>>>/rlm/

yeah, because GoT, Walking Dead, [Insert modern nerd culture tv show] doesn't have enough pointless dialogue already. TNG is the precursor to the bullshit they play on tv today. DS9 is literally no different than Walking Dead minus the edgy violence and you only like it because it's your show. That or nostalgia has made you retarded to how bad it was.
TOS was the only Star Trek that isn't reddit trash/

I bet you read Halo books.

Shows that are dialogue heavy have been around since the beginning of television. Funnily enough that's a good way to get around not having a budget or decent effects.

Hardly, it didn't hold up to the first 9/10 film, it was a paltry 7/10, but it wasn't a flop.

Only if you believe talking is a good way to convey character and move the story along. If dialogue goes over your head though you'll just see it as a waste of time

why didn't they mention the fucking penis monster?