They're making a fucking Joker origin film

archive.fo/1vlwL

Mark my words
Also, who the fuck WANTS to see the origin for the Joker? Usually there's some sort of catharsis in seeing a normal dude become a super hero, why do I want to see a guy turn into a remorseless sociopath?

I thought Man of Steel was decent at least

1989 Batman was underwhelming in this regard because it was just watching Jack Nicholson become goofy make up Jack Nicholson. Not to say I didn't like the film, but the only role Jack knows how to play is Jack.
The Joker works better as the guy with 100 origin stories and all of them false. If only because it illustrates that no one cared who he was until he put on the mask fell into a vat of chemicals/ showed up to be a creepy mass murdering fucker/ just showed up to troll vigilante furries.

I don't really know. It doesn't really add shit to his character, since he remains as 2 dimensional as always. It's like telling the origin for Emperor Palpatine or Agent Smith. There's nothing gained from it.

The only Joker origin that is canon is Bill Finger's Red Hood origin. If the movie isn't about a loser lab employee turning to crime, then it's bullshit in my book.

I would've been behind the wigger Joker if they made him a self-absorbed twat who laughs at his own jokes.

I can even get behind the wigger style, as The Joker has, canonically, been described as having a terrible sense of fashion.

JUST

I would have loved seeing a Joker that was rolling on the floor laughing at a shitty bone pun while his henchman did the fighting until he calmed down

I wish they gave a reason behind anything. Why Joker has not just a shitty outfit but all the stupid tattoos and why he has so many thugs following him. Just replace the whole Harley stripclub cuck sequence with him giving some information to Harley about who he really is. Something. Not this stupid origin movie excuse.

Most interesting part of this story is DC/Warner still seemingly wants to do standalones not tied to a shared universe

You're pretty good.

If I had any shred of hope left that the industry can unfuck itself, I'd might even be looking forward to it.
But nowadays I just stopped giving a fuck.

A better script

Warner's showing a lot of confidence in that Justice League movie, I tell you what.

This is the same studio that let the TV side do whatever they want

I still hate that to 90% of people the Joker is a creepy clown always non-stop killing. Joker that robs the Arkham city bank with laughing gas and once in a blue moon kills someone is better to me.
You don't need a backstory in either case. Crazy guy does crazy things, no need to make him a person with a backstory.

A Batgirl movie guaranteed to flop after Joss Whedon was outed as an alt-righter fascist Trump supporter.

I wouldn't be surprised if Justice League was hit because of this.

Yep, because SJW vote with their wallet

Im pretty sure with Josh currently getting exposed they might get a new director.

No point in waiting for those movies. I could just watch Gotham and get the same experience and kill myself at the same time

It's not that SJW's don't vote with their wallet, it's just that they're way too small to make up for general audiences.

SAN ANDREAS EARTHQUAKE FUCKING WHEN?!