So the first two episodes are out now. I've seen them and they're alright...

So the first two episodes are out now. I've seen them and they're alright. I feel they're playing on the whole 'Peter likes science' thing a tad bit too much and the quips and writing could do with more work.

What do you think?

I don't get how they could make him like science so much without making him black.

I'm gonna pass.

Saw the five minute preview episodes for it. Looked like absolute shit, especially the animation.

This is what hurts the most. The spiderman serie that followed it was kind of promising if it wasn't for the Disney treatment, dumbing down characters amd leaving out drama. I can appreciate a comedic approach, but that was insulting.

I guess I can just play Ultimate Spiderman while listening to Spectacular's theme song and pretending everything is fine.

Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy are in this. Wonder if they have the balls to eventually kill gwen off, or if they go on a lame route and make her spider gwen

I think this Peter is cute, and that's the only good thing about this.

Reminder that he killed his wife
inb4 I have a mysterious "accident

Bendis is literally the only thing that likes his shit shota waifu/self insert

Miles should be the one who gets killed off but it won't happen.

I thought we had gotten over that stupid censoring

The years of soccermoms evolved into SJWs. Companies are tired of them both berating them for stuff like that. So they'd rather bow down instead.

Alright, real talk. What's the deal with the Miles Morales hate here? I haven't read enough of him outside of Champions (which is a horrible comic to begin with).

From the very little i've seen, he appears to be very inoffensive

He was created only to virtue signal and replace Peter. Bendis is a notorious cuckold that often works with black characters like Miles who he himself created. He's also responsible for Jessica Jones and Luke Cage getting together. So it's no surprise people hate Miles because of Bendis forcing him in, making him massively overpowered, bringing Peter back just for him to tell Miles he's better than him, and Bendis essentially living vicariously through Miles as a black teenage self insert.

They put Zendaya's crappy woke teenager from Homecoming in this show? Did they add any other love interest Peter had since Brand New Day? Or you just fucking hate Liz Allan?
[Spoiler]have yet to see show[/spoiler]

I'm talking about Zendaya. I don't remember what other girls they brought in besides her and Gwen.

According to what I read, the only other females that have voices beyond Gwen and Aunt May were Liz Allan and Anya Corazon (aka Latina Spider-Girl). Never saw Zendaya's character listed.

I vividly remember she was shown as one of the characters in this like reel of the character cast.

He only exists because Bendis watched all his contemporaries surpass him and get mainstream deals and all the old, past his prime kike had left was to try to stay relevant by appealing to sjws. So when they bitched about wanting a nig Spider-Man for what would become the ASM movies, Bendis jumped in and gave them Miles.

There's literally nothing interesting about Miles. He exists solely for Marvel and Bendis to say they have a black Spider-Man and for SJW to virtue signal how important a black Spider-Man is. But pass his skin color he's nothing but a watered down version Peter in every way, shape, and form. Most of the stories in the ultimate universe were members of Peter's supporting cast telling Miles how great he is and how proud Peter would be of him. And since they killed off the ultimate universe he's even lost the one aspect that set him part from Peter, that he was inspired by Peter's death. And kikey Bendis would love nothing more to kill off 616 Peter so that Miles can be the only Spider-Man.

He as well have been named Virtue Signaling Man, because that's all he's good for. That's where the hate comes from.

How is Marvel TV still able to coast on the MCU so fast

They brought Anya Corazon? I thought everyone forgot about her?

Wait, he killed his wife, how?

They plan this shit out in advance user and it's not just the MCU, I remember they gave Electro his shitty Ultimate blue design for that awful Ultimate Spider Man cartoon to tie in to Amazing Spider Man 2.

Cheap leaf labor.

His wife was obsessed about finding the identity of the golden state killer. She was near a breakthrough and suddenly dies mysteriously in her sleep. His face looks similar to suspect police sketches. He's dating a year later. Doesn't seem torn up about her death when on tv interviews mere months after. Suspicious
I'm think patton is a serial killer

The animated stuff isn't good anymore.

Yeah, I'm dropping this series. The writing is absolutely horrible. I don't know why it's so hard just to make a classic spiderman TV show without any gimmicks

That's Anya Corazon. The show sucks, but you just outed yourselves as massive casuals.

I'm pretty sure she killed herself. If I were married to him I would have too.

Smh this shows how dumb you are. If you watches a bit more you'd see how the writers tactfully put all the villains into a high school Norman Osborn made to spite the school that suspended him because he was photographed touching a machine that blew up at an unspecified time.

Flash Thompson, the shocker, green goblin? All going to the competing High school. The villainous traits shown in Harry Osborn's character is shown when he gets annoyed that spiderman saved him from a car that was going to Crush him, and rescues his friends from dying.

Don't forget how Peter Parker has to show how much he loves science by spewing out sciencey stuff all the time and acting differently.

this show is horrible, I'll check out a few episodes to see what else they do wrong

Don't forget how Harry was casually making grenades at Mary Sue High and just left them there after he got suspended.

That's fanfiction tier.

I kind of want to watch this now just to see how stupid it gets.

I'm pretty sure Norman framed Harry from the start. The school was probably in the works from the beginning and he had Harry suspended to get him under his control.

I heard Norman Osborn is voiced by Josh Keaton how is he as Norman?

He's pretty good, actually. One of the better voice performances in the show.

Honestly, I wish he was Spider-man. His performances in UMVC3 and Spectacular spiderman trumped pretty much everyone else.

But jeez, I really wish they just removed the entire sceince aspect. It feels very forced in, the stuff they make makes no sense for children as well as their abilities scientifically.If they were aged up a bit I could buy it, but these guys are literally like 13-16 years old, giant robots and sound weapons just doesn't feel feasible.

Also the relationship between Harry and Peter(and spiderman) feels strained and inorganic. Harry would be saved outright by spiderman only for him to go all 'You aren't trustworthy' afterwards.

And this is a minor quibble, but how comes no one has noticed that Peter and Spiderman aren't the same people? This wouldn't normally be an issue, but he seems to show up at inexplicable times in Osborn High and Peter's High School.

Who? Fuck off faggot.

She was the latino Spider Woman. Marvel shilled her for a while back in the 2010's but she never caught on and people forgot about her save a few fans.

I'm watching it now and so far its meh. Doctor Octavius works at the high school as a teacher/ student advisor. Kind of torn on it.

Better off dropping it.

I just saw Josh Keaton as Norman Osborn. He's surprisingly good. Never figured he could do a deeper older voice but he does.

So is it any good?

On a scale from 1-10, I give it a 4, below average. On it's own it may stand as a generic TV show, but the fact that I know it's spiderman and they're doing a crap job of adapting the source material has brought it down a lot for me.

Which is worse? This or the Ultimate cartoon?

I'd say they are both equally terrible for different reasons, Ultimate was just a messy Marvel show starring Spider Man and this is trying to do what Voltron Legendary Defender did for Voltron but ends up failing hard.

I've watched up til the recent episode 8.Its still meh. Anya is annoying, they already started the symbiote suite. Its basically redoing a lot of stuff in Spiderman that has been covered. The only good thing I can say is some of the character designs and animation. Though its weird that all the villains go to Osborn Academy.

At least Ultimate had the better art style.

Nigga are you fuckin high? This series actually manages to look more cheap than Ultimate.

Maybe I confused it for the art style. Though Peter's hair bugged me. It just clumps together.

why does half the cast not speak like normal human beings? "ERRM Peter the circumference of the ring is too big for the diameter of the bottle".

I think the highlight of an episode for me was when gwen and her science XD nerds got together to beat sandman and made some sort of pressure water gun. Flash Thompson (who has been written as a bigger meat head) just got a hammer and smashed a water tank. All I want is a solo spiderman story which goes over the original without putting too many twists on it.

Not a school filled with teen super geniuses who just LOVE SCIENCE :D. If they were aged up just a little bit their intelligence wouldn't bother me at all.

We had one, but Jeph Loeb killed it, like anything that's actually nice.

Loeb didn't kill it. All Loeb did was make sure that any Marvel-made Spider-Man cartoon (and indeed any Marvel TV series in general) was as shit as possible.

Mid morning save from spam.