A man from your college debate team approaches you and your friend during lunch after hearing you discuss the pros and...

A man from your college debate team approaches you and your friend during lunch after hearing you discuss the pros and cons of organized religion.

How do you respond?

How presumptuous of you.

I agree.

I congratulate the man for his brilliant insight.

I introduce him to anti-natalism.

Would not be discussing the pros organized religion

/thread

I tip my fedora, ofc.

I explain to him how Islam is exactly what he describes, but Christianity is a religion that is a root very progressive and definitely worth preserving, though it can be corrupted to serve nefarious purposes. Than he starts yapping about how shitty Muslims are and I crack some hilarous suicide bomber jokes and we become good friends

What about League of Militant Atheists?

*tips mitre*
Read up on the history of the roman empire.

ITT: Filthy kuffar

I agree my good neckbeard.

also
opiate of the masses

Ideologies aren't responsible for shit you bloody idealist.

Stalin and Mao and Hitler were all Atheist.

While I don't necessarily disagree, you really have to make a distinction between atrocities committed because of religion, and atrocities committed for other reasons by people who happened to be religious. Either way religion still comes out on top. Apart from Jacobins and Spanish Anarchists killing priests I can't think of a single instance of atheists just killing people because they were religious. And even in those cases it likely had more to do with the fact that the Church was a political institution that they were trying to eliminate.

It's not religion but ideology that creates the excuse for people to commit atrocities.

You can replace religion with "patriotism" or " the fatherland" and have the same shit.

Stalin and Mao were devout Marxists

I'd call him a excellent sinner contributing to the erasure of the russian nihilists, who were responsible for many atrocities.

Spin 360 degrees and walk away.

I sweat profusely, blush , congest and hyperventilate then forget how my legs and arms work. My eyelid starts to twitch uncontrollably.
After a few seconds of staring at him like one stares down a gun barrel , I blurt an excuse and limp out of sight.

How did I do?

Laugh and walk away.

stalin, mao, others killed the most people ever on earth (billions) and were atheists. check mate bitch.

I scream "TIPS FEDORA! TIPS FEDORA! SHUT UP TIPS FEDORA I SAID!" until I start crying and hyperventilating and break down in tears in front of him.

This.

I break into his house and read Kierkegaard to him while he sleeps. He wakes up a new, better man.