Why?

Why has disability increased?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/series/196621208/unfit-for-work-the-startling-rise-of-disability-in-america
downtrend.com/robertgehl/welfare-is-the-best-paying-entry-level-job-in-34-states
slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2012/12/georgia_s_war_against_the_poor_the_southern_state_is_emptying_its_welfare.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a way to "reduce" unemployment so they can say the economy is doing well.

It's a way for the state governments to shift their welfare costs to the federal government.

The very definition of "disability" probably has changed to begin with, plus as stated above it is commonly used as a way to make unemployment statistics less frightening.

and most importantly it's a way to silence and discredit malcontents.. feeling hopeless because you cannot get a foothold in the system.. You're depressed. You're broken not the system. Here, take a meager stipend, sit down and shut up,, and if you try to organize we'll tell people you're mentally unstable.

(See pic. Note huge increase in mental health disabilities)

and a few articles to promote discussion.

npr.org/series/196621208/unfit-for-work-the-startling-rise-of-disability-in-america

Because the k1kes have made it impossible to make an honest living. The taxes are killing us, while providing incentives to lay around the house and watch kik3-run n1ggerball all day.

Why work when all your sh3kels are j3wed out of your pocket to pay for Shaniqua and Maria's hordes of mudlets?

because the left destroyed institution of a family

Yeah.. you might have been able to express that thought without all the racism,, but you're right.

downtrend.com/robertgehl/welfare-is-the-best-paying-entry-level-job-in-34-states

Really.. How did ZOG Occupied Government make your daddy leave?

slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2012/12/georgia_s_war_against_the_poor_the_southern_state_is_emptying_its_welfare.html

because states have been cracking down on "handouts" to the poor and so it's either lie and get on disability, steal and risk jail, or starve

do you believe in chemitrails? xD

kys

I was being sarcastic. Are you being sarcastic? And this huge increase in disability is worthy of discussion. It's pretty much how Obama reduced unemployment and that's being hyped hard right now for the election.

Also one of the biggest slashes to wages in the US was in the form of benefits, including worker's comp and other various payments. These made up as much as 40% of the pay that US workers received prior to 2000 and vast swathes of them have been getting slowly cut. It's not surprising that people would turn to the federal government to help pay for things when their employer won't.

work at Walmart,, (The United States largest employer) and still have to beg from the state,

5-10 years ago it became easier to get disability. SSDI is projected to become insolvent this year.

Because actually getting on welfare is a pain in the ass if you aren't disabled but still need it. If you want SSI, be prepared to sell all of your shit because owning anything nice is a luxury.

this is unlikely considering how difficult they make it to join the program.
i'm p sure the problem is that most jobs are unreasonably demanding (requiring grocery clerks to stand thru their shifts) and doctors don't give a fuck whether or not they're effective.

If it's so hard to get onto disability why are so many more people getting it. (did you see the charts?)

true.. You pretty much have to lose everything and be utterly broken before they'll help you, and then just enough to keep you alive.

because of you marxist faggots making everything a mental disorder.

Exactly. I have autism but in order to qualify for disability here in Ontario (I'm sure the US is similar with SSI) your declared assets need to be like under $6k or $9k in value or something. In order to qualify for welfare here your declared assets have to be under $2,500.

My car alone is probably still worth over $9k. So there's no way I'd qualify (there's no way I can sell my car, how am I supposed to get around in the burbs? Bus service is terrible). And I have money in the bank. And I have some nice things at home. After all when you are an autistic unemployed NEET you need some distractions/entertainment in order to pass the time.

I actually successfully started my own business. But my bank told me that my business activity violates their Terms of Service and that they'd have to shut me down if I continued to do that. And when I asked them if I could just create a business account, they said that my business would still violate the ToS for a business account.

It's almost like the bankers and the government don't want you to pull yourself up by the boot straps. I was making $50/day profit running my own business. I invested about $2,500-3,000 in start-up capital at most. And then the bank told me to fuck off. Apparently from what I hear, it's because the bank makes less money from me as a client than they would have to spend monitoring my bank activity to make sure I wasn't breaking anti-money laundering laws. Meanwhile rich people have money hiding in Panama and they get away with money laundering all the time. How is that fair?

It's funny when libertarians tell people on disability with depression, anxiety and autism to just create your own job. And then when you actually do create your own job, there is some sort of bureaucratic red tape that takes away your job because of strict anti-money laundering regulations imposed on banks. Which do absolutely nothing to punish tax evading rich people. Money laundering laws are there to punish the working-class who aspire to be entrepreneurs and the lumpenproletariat (drug dealers, pimps, prostitutes and such).

tax evasion is good

in the old times they would just die young, now they can live on, so their % of the population increases
in about 10-20 years this trend will stabilise at a new solid level i think

Similar experience here user.
I started a mail order business from home, all legit, nice and comfy.

Then my banking and card processing got pulled from under me. They don't want to deal with small fry.

autism because of the internet

Autism because old knackered females giving birth.

that could go both ways; maybe people are depressed because they're not working? because the game is rigged? because there's no point in trying?
re: back pain most employers have insane work attitudes: i've had no end of grief for refusing to do work in such a way that excaberated existing low back issues. nevermind the completely ridiculous requirement that all cashiers must stand always which puts significant strain on the lumbar region.

they have to do something with these people so they don't riot.

because of big pharma-state marriage (psychiatry)