DC Creators Will Have Ownership Or Equity Positions In Dark Matter Books

archive.fo/KuqLz

Looks like a bunch of nineties garbage.

Rather have that than what we're getting

I'm on board.

Aren't at least 3 of the characters there already existing characters?

DC must be pretty confidant in their status if they're pushing Dark Matter with no variant covers and a 2.99 price point. Though I'm not sure why they'd tout creator ownership as a plus if these are still tied to the DCU.

You're right, what we really need are more thought-provoking tales of thinly-veiled Communist propaganda like pic related. 1990s books may have been edgy as fuck, but you could at least count on normal stories and hot women.

Holy shit.

Sign me up

The 90s were cool.

They copied All-New handsome Beast

They were pretty cool but Marvel had to jew around and ruined everything.

More like Dark Beast since the fur is gray.

I meant this guy. Looks like a time displaced All-New Beast

Ah. Yeah I can kind of see that.

This beast actually had potential because he looked at old beast and was "fuck that mess". Tood bad SJW's ruin everything

90s are an improvement over what we have right now. Many people forget that a quite a few decent characters+ were created back then. Characters like Lobo and Deadpool were actually good until they got handed to incompetent hacks and current year hipsters.

Her and these two Shadow/Negative Man/Ghost Rider hybrids have me interested.

Fuck me, I skipped a couple weeks of keeping up and now I'm 3 months behind.
Is this tying in to Manhattan and Doomsday Clock event or is this something else?

Other than that, I'm certainly not against creator-owned work being pushed by DC, and what's being presented to me doesn't look bad. Hell, some of it looks like it might be fun.

As long as it doesn't tie into the main comic continuity stuff, it could be worthwhile. Wonder if they're gonna drop the Young Animal brand for this instead then.

I mean, I'm sure the guy tries, and sometimes his art might even be half-decent, but if I hear he's working on a book I won't be rushing to get it.

Look at World War Hulk as an example. There's this fucking great David Finch cover, and then what Romita gives for the variant is just weaksauce. Same goes for the interior too.

That's not even mentioning his laughable New 52 Superman. In Kick-Ass and Spiderman I could actually stand his art, either because I could read the story, enjoy it and overlook Romita's work or because the art looked juvenile, but was strangely fitting with the material.

They said that these 6 series all take place in the aftermath of Dark Nights but are not in a different universe/timeline, nor are they an imprint.

All interest lost then.

DKR: The Last Crusade had great art. I think he needs to be genuinely excited about the material to actually do good.

The characters don't look like much but I support the business model
If these are for nu52 then it'd be a much needed injection of divergence from the previous universe

ULTRAFOOOOOOOOOOOOORCE

He had Janson on inks for Last Crusade. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think JRJR's worked with Janson on many other recent (subpar) outings.

And even if he has, I'd think The Last Crusade would inspire Janson to ink better more than it'd inspire JRJR to draw better.

Could go both ways.

It's creator ownership in that the creator gets to decide how DC can use the character. Like, for example, they can deny DC the right to use said character in another book. I assume the "equity position" is similar, except the creator didn't create the character, but DC will respect their wishes anyway as long they're working on the book.

DC is no stranger to this arrangement. Vertigo used to run on agreements like this, along with a few mainstream titles like Starman. Bringing it back, or something similar, is sign to creators that DC is trying to clean up it's act and go back their old ways.

However, that said, I don't think DC has much to lose with this stunt, considering that most of the NEW IPs coming from Dark Matter look like a Blood Pack reunion tour. They'll be lucky if one of these titles manages to break 12 issues.

That Finch cover is fucking choice. Those muscles are bulging out of my god damn monitor.

Marvel has already been ruined. If one new DC title comes out that isn't SJW material I'd be hyped

I just want cheese cake with explosions and hand holding

Kill yourself.

It will do no good.

In a nutshell, what does that mean?

this is a nice ting too.

see

Thanks