Thinly veiled request thread

Name me a better superhero animated movie

*You probably can't*

Lurk more, sonny.

/Thread.

Hell I rank Gods and Monsters higher than Red Hood.

Gods and Monsters was good though

Gods and monsters was arguably better because no batwanking

Was it wrong of me to want that?

Black Mask is a really deranged man, user. He's sooner push her in the way of gunfire than save her. In the comic, his secretary person is a guy and he bites it hard.

Besides, where would he go? Red Hood would kill him as he tries to escape Gotham while Joker had him tied up to be burned. There's no way he could've escaped anything. Even if he could, he'd leave a power vacuum in his place. Causing more chaos amongst the criminal underworld.

will i get sad or even sadder than how i was at the red hood ending?
This is the best day of my life!

Red Hood's ending is pretty fucking ass.

Batman is retarded

This, pretty much but it's a problem that's always there with Batmans character. I'll catch hell for saying this but Nolan's Batman had already right headed approach of dealing with Ras.

Aftet a certain point a reasonable person who won't let go of thier beliefs would look the other way when someone like Red Hood does what needs to happen.

I'd say he has more of a mental illness. he would go any mile to do what he finds right. even when it obviously isn't

What? No, Batman said he'd probably keep killing if he killed once. Still pretty stupid, but not as retarded as "stooping to Joker's standards."

I think the really unrealistic part is the idea that no cop has gunned down the Joker, or civilian. Like, after his 105th court trial, I bet the fucking baliff would just walk up and shoot him during the trial.

Batman would stop him

It's just bad writing and not planning stuff out. Batman didn't kill in the Silver Age thanks to the Comics Code and so his enemies didn't either. Frank Miller had the Joker go off the deep end and kill lots in a possible future. Alan Moore had the Joker cripple Barbara in what was planned to be a story out of continuity. Later writers tried to ape them and had the Joker turn into a mass murderer, other Batvillains kill more, and turn Arkham into a vacation spot that Batvillains check into. All while playing up Batman's No Kill Run to the point he'll save the Joker's life.

Bad writers trying to one up each other for recognition and fame? How unheard of.

Feelsbadman.png

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

It's extra weak considering how Batman is already a violent vigilante who brutalizes hus enemies with enough force to kill them if he loved in our world.

I meant the scene when he sees the redhood with a bazooka and runs pass everyone, I though he was going to pick her up and run to the stairs, but I guess you are right, he is evil after all.

I dearly hope that the sequel is good, since it's Adam's last time as Batman.

He can not stop everyone

I had this idea for the "final" Batman story that would address how flagrantly irresponsible Bruce is with the no kill rule when his rouges gallery is basically a bunch of slasher movie villains. Set it in the future, Bruce is retired and Terry is Batman. But suddenly all the old rouges (either in vegetative states or in old folks homes, take your pick) start getting bumped off. Bruce takes it personal since it's his old butt buddies and starts looking for whoevers doing it. It ends with the person kidnapping Joker and leading Bruce to Ace Chemicals to reveal its actually about 50 people doing it, kids of people the rouges murderedover the years. Normal average fuckers who were orphaned because the orphan manchild couldn't sack up. Then they ice Joker and run away leaving him to think about his fuck ups.

It's interesting that no one tells Bruce that by not killing the Joker he puts God knows how many people through the same shit he went through as a kid. And since that's his whole reason for who he is, there's no reasonable comeback to that point.

That sounds like murder on the orient express

Also Mask of The Phantasm is better Summer faggot.

Mask of the Phantasm is actually one of the best theatrically released Batman movie.

Any time batman saves the joker, and the joker Is the edgy serial-killer joker, it's bad writing

Im surprised it got a theater release at all.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it. But you do realize that in Return of the Joker they had a Robin actually kill the joker.

We'll find out when New York Comic-Con rolls around.

I'll be looking forward to it.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT YOU JUST HAD TO SPOIL THAT SHIT

The book is super old, to be fair. Though I would've never heard about it were it not for the movie adaptation.

That sounds like a cool story

Pleb with shit taste. And it's two asterisks per side for spoilers.

Thanks, it's a small dream of mine to write fiction one day and hopefully if the cards play out right you faggots will see that actually play out one day. Probably not. But imagine the catharsis of seeing the real, canon, Earth-1 Zsaz and Joker finally get what's coming to them and for Batman to realize he indirectly caused countless more Thomas and Martha Wayne's to die.

I think the problem is that the government hasn't executed them. America still has the death sentence right? And pretty much all of batman's villains are responsible for their crimes, even the crazy ones, ESPECIALLY the crazy ones.

Exactly, Batman catch them…the fucking government did jack shit.

Depends on which state you're in. Maybe Gotham is in a state with no death penalty but then again I think the feds would've stepped in and deep 6'ed someone like the Joker.

Overrated garbage that has aged very badly.

A B:TAS episode that went on too damn long and has also aged badly.

Too try-hard edgy with bonus points for needlessly wrecking Tim Drake and Dick Grayson.

You're joking, r-r-right?

Batman's no-kill rule can effectively be summed up as "Batman believes that every life is sacred and every individual has a right to redemption" hence he doesn't off criminals, because even though they rob others of the right to life, he does not consider himself having the right to take away theirs.

It's still retarded and doesn't jive at all with Batman's scary asshole personality (it works with the more nicer and thoughtful Bronze/Silver Age Batman), but it's a better explanation then "if I kill them, I'll be just like them".

That being said, it's still stupid where at the end of Under The Red Hood, Batman maims Jason's hand to stop him shooting the Joker. Like, OK, you don't want to kill Joker, but why do you care if Jason does? It's even more retarded how Jason gets mad and tries to shoot him in the back because Batman started walking away.

Actually, Under The Red Hood is seriously let down by that ending. Everything else up until that moment is great, but that ending was the movie going full retard.

If you look at it as Batman being the good guy. You could also look at it as a tragedy where the hero (Jason) fails.

Oh look…bait.

You mean back when Batman had crime under control?

That philosophy would be great if it were a series that had a beginning and end. With comics, they can't permanently cure or kill off villains. They always come back because they always need to keep making more trite stories. Coming up with new villains constantly is boring work so they use the same ones over and over. Making them crazier than before till Batman's no kill rule makes less and less sense.

Remember when batman was a detective?

Gotham is in New Jersey, which explains why it's so terrible.

Someone on here not too long ago posted something along those lines. Something like
"If the joker were still like the old days where he was challenging batman to a surf contest for control of Gotham or trying to blow open bank vaults with the worlds biggest whooping cushion, throw him in arkham he's nuts. But now that he's slicing faces off and blowing up hospitals for the lulz sparing him makes no sense" They needed to make him edgier and edgier while keeping batman leveled off at his edge.

They made the criminals more and more threatening but couldn't do the same for Bruce without making him less likable as a hero.

Knowing Batman, he take all the dead villains to a Lazarus pit

Shit dude

He's also spacing like a faggot.

OP Here.
Watched mask of the phantasm and was pretty fucking good. definitely on par with red hood.

Best scene right here

you raise an interesting point. Batman won't kill the Joker but he has stood aside to let other people try their hand at it

I want a fun allowed joker

No fun allowed. Joker is a sex symbol now.

I seriously thought it was an "ok" film. Why does everyone think it's so amazing?

The Joker is Batman's creation and for Batman to kill the Joker would be to admit he fucked up.

Agreed user. Probably the one time you get a look into his personal life and troubles.

Dont you mean a juggalo.

Best Return of the Joker scene right here

Mass murder does make him happy.

And then Tim ran away to found the Teen Titans because Batman tried to forbid him from caping as Robin, while Dick did his thing in Bludhaven.
And everything in the time-line makes sense…

That's not how it works.

I thought that was Violator

That pretty much defeats the point of Batman as well. Inaction is also your fucking fault when you could have done something. Batman is straight out a madman only because how much he sticks to his principles of "No deaths". Whenever someone dies and he could prevent that death it hits him hard. Then again, if you kill the Joker you'd pretty much prevent the death of hundreds of people, caused by the fact that you haven't killed the Joker yet.

No matter how you see it, whether Batman kills it's enemies or not, he loses, but at least he can brag about being in a really high moral ground.

If Nolan hadn't taken the mysticism out of Batman that scene would have been more in keeping with his character. Ra's has Lazarus Pits. It doesn't matter if Batman doesn't save his life because his followers will always bring him back.

At least in Batman Begins they kind of tried to justify it. In TDK, Batman saves The Joker and then straight-up murdered Harvey Dent. Despite the former being an unrepentant serial killer and the latter being a mostly good man driven insane by the former.

Didn't Ra's lived hundred of years in Nolan's trilogy too?

I honestly don't remember much of any of the movies, I fucking hate that trilogy.

He didn't "murder" Two-face, but he did kill him on accident or something. He decided to take the blame for the murder of him and the cop so that people would still believe in Harvey Dent, I think.

No. He was a normal man

I wouldn't call it murder because it was defence of others. But it wasn't an accident either

Basically.

It really went against the character not to save Raj.

And it was still much better than how it went down in the comic, because at least Batman didn't slice Jason's goddamn throat to save The Joker

I don't get why that ONE death was so important to batman in the first place. I mean talking in the movie, Jason sniped three dudes, beheaded a bunch of drug dealers, set a dude on fire, exploded someone's head using a taser, probably killed a few people with that rocket lawnchair, left a few of his own men to die when Black Mask was retaliating, why the fuck is the Joker the one death Batman was so anal about?

Probably doesn't want actual proof (in the form of a massive decrease in random crime) that he should've killed him ages ago.

Because it's The Joker and Batman would rather endanger hundreds if not thousands of innocent lives just to let his boyfriend live.

Oh it don't matter user. You can kill him and burn his body and scatter it to the ocean and still in less than a year he'll be back.

Da fuck? So why doesnt bats kill joker when he is about to kill some civilian? Because he can stop joker? Damn lazy writers

It's just unfortunately become a meme among writers that Batman has to defend his villains from death itself. Especially Joker. Because reasons. It makes no goddamn sense. Just further makes me hate Batman as a "character" if this is the norm for writing him.

The last page looks like fun

Justice League International is always a fun time.

I'll never understand why anyone would write Batman this way even though they've gone to great lengths to make Joker irredeemably bad. The guy murders babies and kills thousands of people.. There's no nuance there. He's not some misunderstood victim who is trying to revive his dead wife or an outcast who has been shunned by society getting his revenge. It varies between authors and runs, but he's not the most sympathetic villains.

And then to take that kind of villain and make Batman a hyper moral do-gooder who wouldn't even allow a psychotic murderer to die just doesn't make sense. It's not like he has a wife waiting for him at home, or a child that will be orphaned. This is Batman.. the billionaire who engages in vigilante justice all over the multiverse. Yeah, he believes in law and order.. but having him go so far as to kill or maim someone else in order to save someone like the Joker is such a betrayal of his entire character, in any incarnation, that I can't understand how this was allowed to go to print.

It's simple really.
If you don't kill the villians then you don't need to come up with new villians
And that way you can be lazy.

I think it's more because of how badly they've fucked up the Joker. Back in the 40's, they changed the Joker's character to be more light-hearted because they thought Batman would look ineffective with a recurring mass-murderer running around every week. With fun bank-robbing Joker, you could at least kind-of justify Batman not wanting to kill him, but then they made Joker a mass-murderer again. Your average Batman writer nowadays knows that Batman doesn't kill, and Joker is a fucked-up psychopath, and since they're desperately trying to keep the status quo in check, they go through all these ridiculous stretches to keep Batman from killing Joker.

Or this.

Time to break the law get comfy and have fun reading burger comics

It's hard to justify killing someone who gets completely humiliated at the end of every comic. The classic writers made sure we knew the Joker was just a jackass who thought he could beat Batman.

A credit to Batman The Animated Series is that they kept this aspect of the character. There isn't an episode where the Joker isn't made a fool of.

I wish we could go back to that Joker.

God, why can't we have this Batman anymore?

Letting the joker live is morally wrong though

Batman only works when the villains he's up against are either present in a universe where they are apprehended once and don't break out again, or are nowhere near as violent as they are often portrayed.

Joker shouldn't be killing people by the truckload, and if he's going to, Batman should show up and actually stop him, not arrive twenty minutes too late. Joker should only fuck with Batman, and rarely kill. He should murder when he thinks it's funny, not just to murder, they should be like jokes that go a little too far.

The Riddler shouldn't be putting people into SAW traps. It's not a hard fucking problem to solve, it's just people are too fucking retarded to do it right.

I'm surprised batman hasn't at least curbstomped joker, being comics and all joker would survive.
I'd pay to see batman curbstomp joker.

Yeah or like…crush his hands so he can't use pistols, kneecap him so he can't run away from Arkham.

Anti-killing isn't anti-crippling.

I'm just gonna out myself as a complete pleb and faggot, since I actually like murderous joker. Also, there's a number of explanations why Batman doesn't just off or permanently incapacitates him that I'm perfectly fine with, like Batman needing a "white whale for his Ahab, a Moriarty for his Holmes", or that he fears that, if he does kill the Joker, the city will send him someone even worse.

I actually think he was on principle handled well in Death of the Family, even though they overdid it. When he appeared again, his killing spree was a pretty big deal, and when he was defeated, he wasn't apprehended, so breaking out of Arkham was out of the question.

I heard they fucked it all up with Endgame by turning him into some sort of immortal demon of laughter or some shit, but I haven't read that.

Gordon actually did kneecap him during No Man's Land. I think it was pretty much forgotten right after.

Short bursts of murderous Joker are okay. Stories like The Killing Joke or Death in the Family, where previously he'd just been some crappy clown and those stories demonstrate that he's not just some crappy clown, he's actually dangerous. Those are okay.

But when he's killing people by the truckload he's A) no longer entertaining and B) no longer credible. I mean, after a while the insanity defence doesn't really work any more. He's clearly sane enough to formulate complex plans involving mass murder, he should be getting the electric chair if Batman won't kill him.

Like with a lot of things.

I would honestly prefer a Batman like that.
He won't kill you, but that doesn't mean he has problems crippling you for life.

Precisely this. The guy might be a crazy psychopath, but he knows exactly what he's doing. It just goes to show that Gotham's legal system is completely fucked, no wonder there's an almost supernatural crime rate.