What really upsets you about capitalism?

What really upsets you about capitalism?

For me, it's that 45hours of my day are spent doing a job that shouldn't exist. Why the hell are people not more enraged by this? My co workers are in this same situation and they seem fine. Why? I literally cannot fathom why someone whose entire life is wasting on something they don't enjoy isn't about ready stick a shotty in thier mouth and pull the trigger

Also heres a song by biggie that I feel too hard sometimes
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLfY2mpEBzE2Byrh2pMkmWmzIr0c0xzQfp&v=2_vqY3Y2d68

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/43703770
businessinsider.com/professional-line-sitters-2014-7?IR=T
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your co-workers probably don't like their job either, it's that people don't really want to threaten their comfortable lives by straying from the easy path of continuing to work under capitalism. Why work to rebel or change things when you can live comfortably enough with the way things are?

How dehumanizing it is. How it pits everybody against everybody. How it doesn't account for someone being born with disabilities or being born into poverty. How it requires having a permanent underclass and some percentage of unemployment. Boom and bust cycles. Worker productivity going ever higher while wages stay stagnant. How it corrupts governments. How it commodifies everything.

Worst of all are the countless fanboys that rush to defend it. It's like a weird cult.

What job shouldn't exist?

advertising exec, stockbroker, professional line-waiter, etc

Yep those are good examples, although I never saw a professional line-waiter. wtf

money.

vimeo.com/43703770

No, am in a job that cannot be easily replaced yet. But why can't I have a day off, in order for the boss to get more profit? Why are so many people unemployed and I working 8h every day? Why am I not working less for the same money? The economy would even grow.. But then the boss would have less profit…

businessinsider.com/professional-line-sitters-2014-7?IR=T

I have to take advantage of the labor of others through stocks because I can't work a regular job, or more accurately I can't reliably work a regular job because of a chronic illness. I know full well the people that are working slave wages to make those stocks rise in value and dividends while I sit on my ass and play vidya all day and if I have the energy, clean the house a bit. They get nothing themselves and are forced to work long and shit hours, yelled at by shitty bosses and customers, not given vacation days, given no healthcare or salary increases.

Even the ones that are better off still are treated like shit, and even if they have a dream job, they still aren't paid the true value of their labor, instead I get that surplus so I don't have to work.

But that is what comes naturally to us.

do share

lel

Well between the fact that I don't have any agency, my votes don't matter, am at the mercy of the rich and the world is heading towards cyberpunk dystopia, I dont feel too good about it.

Not really. I like to share with my bros.
Write teh open source software. That comes naturally.

not even that, apocalypse, you optimist git

Deus Ex 1 banner appears

SHIT! The world is already cyberpunk

CFS, people call it a joke illness suburban hipsters and moms claim, but it's fucking real and I wish I was paralyzed instead, because if I was in a wheelchair I'd have energy to do even basic things like make food, work, and people wouldn't keep claiming I'm fucking faking or I'm just lazy or "hurr I've been tired once before I know exactly how it feels". Then there's the other side symptoms, like the fact my IQ has dropped to the floor, I forget shit constantly, I can't think of words, math is impossible, I can't even remember a phone number long enough to type into my phone without looking at it 10 times. There's also the fact that I get seriously strong tachycardia, random blood pressure drops, and the muscle aches and cramps, holy shit this is the worst part, I can't use a pair of scissors for more than 20 seconds before my hand cramps up like I'd been cutting paper all day. I also have serious pain sensitivity I didn't have before this shit started, as an example, socks eventually cause my ankles to hurt where the top band is, so I have to remove them periodically. If something puts pressure on any spot on my body, even light pressure, it will hurt for days after.

I had a friend who used to give me friendly jabs in the arm, like friends do, just a light punch, nothing serious, well it would hurt for a week like I had a massive bruise, but there's no bruise. Oh, and now I am getting knee arthritis for no fucking reason, which I'm 99% sure is caused by the said muscle cramping, since my physio said every muscle in my body is tight as fuck, something he's rarely seen.

tl;dr, my body is fucked and I'd kill myself, but people depend on me, it sucks

You are a woman, right?

i think you should try suicide anyway

www.lacanonline.com/index/find-a-lacanian-psychoanalyst/

Test

Very nice test.

That's depression dude

wasn't depressed until this shit started, and that took about 2 years before I started to actually get depressed because I was just getting worse, trust me, I've spent 12 years trying everything to determine the cause.

Are you the one who's nursing her ill parent? Did you start nursing her/him around when the symptoms started?

what does this have to do with anything?

no, I do have family that need me for support, not not like that

I'm not calling CFS a "joke illness" I'm telling you that you are describing typical hysterical symptoms. The status of CFS, as you probably know, isn't even well established. It's a typical ideological "disease" where individual cases vary on such a large scale that they fail to establish a common cause, exactly because it is psychological (individually symptomatic).

It's a typical case where they can't establish a scientific status for the problem. Other example would be PTSD, ADD, etc.

CBT = ego psychology. You identify with your personal trainers positive thoughts, attitude, and personality and you notice changes. If you leave the sessions, however, you soon relapse. In other words one proposed "solution" is getting your personal guru.

Drugs can't do shit to you when the sources of your symptoms aren't bodily. They can numb you and that's pretty much it.

I gave you the book on the history of women (hysteric-neurotics) in analysis. I also gave you a link where you can find Lacanian psychanalysts.

then why don't we have large fangs, or gnarly claws?

Why do we have highly expressive faces, we can understand each others pains and feel them as our own so why would naturally working against our fellow man come naturally?

Why historically have humans worked together more than they fight, and all of our greatest works have taken the labor of more than a single man?

We establish our own ego, and then band together with those who best resemble it.
Then, we set out to fulfill our goals and eliminate every 'other' that is out there, and this won't end until we have both post-scarcity and a completely homogeneous population.

this "cfs is a meme" meme has got to go. if my illness was psychosomatic, why did i have a herx reaction when i started on antivirals? and why did my symptoms improve rapidly thereafter?
the wikipedia article is a joke; as you probably don't know the illness is poorly-defined so a lot of the studies have historically included a lot of depressed people.

suit your self

Being the son of my petit bourgeois father, I often hear despicable accounts from him of blatant exploitation. To give an example, he has rented employees to other companies before, taking around triple if not more of what his company is paid for said worker's labour.

The worst part is that the employees and even himself suffer from their extenuating workload, they often have to travel long distances to work, be it in another country or city. He recently told me that his recurring inability to breathe well enough, which he had wasted a lot of money in "treatment" turned out to be due to having panic attacks from so much work stress. Of course, the psychiatrist he saw gave him some shitty pill that he will have to take as long as he keeps working at that pace.

Enjoy your symptom.

Other workers
what is revolution?

There are parasites that need to be eliminated, but this developed only as productive forces changed and humanity started to tame nature. In our natural state, without history, we are highly communal in fact we could not survive without working with other humans.

my fav parts were:
(Pure ideology.)
(Literally one of the most common ways you psychologically censor yourself.)
(Anxiety.)
(Every fucking phisio will tell that to everyone. Same shit as in a massage parlor.)

Checked 'herx reaction'
(Can be psychological.)
(Can be psychological.)
(Can be psychological.)
(Most of the cases psychological.)
(Can be psychological.)
(Almost always psychological.)
(Often psychological.)
(Can be psychological.)
(Can be psychological.)
(Almost always psychological.)

oh, and ofc, it seems I said that "cfs is a meme," tho I can't recall that

except to ballerinas, gymnasts, and such, ofc

What is the definition of capitalism?

Everything that I've seen in this thread can be traced to abuse, not necessarily "capitalism."

wut?

I don't even know where to begin with this post, but I don't think there's any point, so, I'm just gonna go

You really enjoy your suffering, no?