So now that the kickstarter has ended

So now that the kickstarter has ended

Do you have any hopes that patriotika will be any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/MrKQr
streetmodders.deviantart.com/gallery/62258467/Kolin
kotaku.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kill yourself faggot.

we will just need to wait and see how many shekels did you donate? come on OP, we are all anons here.

The diagonal stripes across her hips and thighs make her look like a candy-cane themed hero.

Do we get to see the tits?

I didn't donate any. I only heard about it 30 minutes ago.

Shill somewhere else

What is Patriotika?

From the name and the design I'm going to guess it'll be like a current year Striperella.

Well yeah, they're right there.

From what I can tell it's mainly created as a big "FUCK YOU" to marvel comics and mainly a mixture of ye olden Ms Marvel, Wonder Woman, and Captain America. The plot revolves around the Goddess Athena comign to earth to fight some random evil and she finds out she can't live on the planet for some shit and so she possesses a blonde blue eyed bimbo college chick and the chick goes from scrawny to cheesecake.

No. This shit's retarded.

It's Shazam meets Wonder Woman and Captain America with a dash of Power Girl
It looks like some other Greek deities will make an appearance too.

Oh, you

I already came so it was worth it.
Never buy into kickstarters

Fucking lame. A real American superhero would beat up illegal Mexicans and help the needy.

Sounds like it could work though I would have to wait and see.

It's doing it's job.
I hope it blows SJW Marvel's bullshit out of the water.
Don't like patriotika?
you belong in
>>>Holla Forums

Patriotika sounds like Ruski, komrad.

Octobriana sees your capitalist champion and desires to tear her clothes off, punch her in the tits and ride her around town like a horse, using her hair as reins.

She should be beating up Marxists on the streets of sanfran.

You didn't post the fucking page, OP.
archive.fo/MrKQr

$41,000. $41,000 dollars for a single fucking issue of a crappy comic that brings nothing new to the table and shilled itself as "anti-sjw". A crappy comic that has a $15 dollar cover price.

Patriotika is a scam.

Get back to your milkshakes

The art isn't too bad, though. Not 41,000 good, but at least it's not Squirrel Girl-tier.

Looking at it, it's mostly just retards that spent $20 for a physical, and it eventually mounted up enough "pre-orders" to get that much.
The rewards for higher amounts of cash are pretty shit, in the realm of "1k for a cellphone wallpaper :D", so I doubt people actually tried to get to those.

I hate kickstarter only because it allows you to go over your set limit and encourages these shitty tier things. People want the product you originally advertise, and the majority of kickstarter scams that I've seen are just creators having too many extras added on, calling it quits and dashing with a half-baked product.

I hope that damn write actually read greek mythology.

Arent the mexicans needy?

On the upside,

Eyes on the prize, user. Eyes on the prize.

you see the bait, yet you fail to see the hook

Step it up, goy.

This shit isn't going to make a difference in the current trends in comics. Now, if it were made by DC or Image you'll have a higher chance of "sticking" to those SJWs but giving money to an unknown dude is just fucking stupid.

And you unironically post niggers.
Go to hell.

Not shocked.
(((communism)))'s favorite pet.
>>>Holla Forums

The shills are getting desperate.

The shills are the commies.
Who are you trying to fool?

This is more suitable place for you >>>/autism/

"This is" more suitable place for you and your broken english.
>>>/cuck/

People will never learn.

The costume disappoints me.

When you have an American Flag themed costume, I expect a FUCKING AMERICAN FLAG THEMED COSTUME

To be fair, the 41K isn't what they asked it's what they were given, and 10K is perfectly reasonable for a physical run of a single issue.

It has the flag on it.

The burger fairy has the best freedom costume

Those Chrischan heterochromia eyes. Go out and zap to the extreme, Patriotika!

This whole thing just proves have easy it is to steal people's money.

Give a super vague description of your project, in this case a crappy Zenescope reject superhero comic.

Don't tell people what it's about and what your plans are if the funding is successful or what you're gonna do if you make more than your intended goal.

Have most of the rewards be the same, in this case you get a physical copy of the issue with a variant cover. Or if you paid more, you get a shitty art book.

And finally, just show off art you commissioned from DA artists to fool people into thinking that is what the actual comic's art will look like, when in reality it will most likely look sub par at best and webcomic tiered at worst.

Also I love people think this is an anti SJW comic just because the character is a pin up model. Even though if you any of these people actually looked at Ron Z's Kickstarter bio, you'd find out he only got into comics because and I quote "To bring to life a multi mythology inspired universe where female super heroes and villains are not out-shined by their male counterparts."

So to any fuck who donated money to this shit project to fight SJW's? Congrats! You just got your asses scammed!

Did you donate money to this? If not, then why are you getting your tits into a tizzy? How can you control other people who want to throw away their money?

I don't like Kickstarter because 1) give away money to the platform and 2) idiots are trying to treat it like preordering when it wasn't meant to serve such a purpose, but fucking come on, your tantrum isn't going to solve anything.

Yes, but that is not going to make it sucessful

It has the same issues than any other marvel/dc comic

clonic heroes traped in the same world/dimension.

1º Their stories are meant to be "infinite" with no actual point

After a while of the same character doing the same thing over and over with no actual plot is just boring, and no "the villain is going to take over the world as every other week" doesn't count as plot at this point

2ºThey are conditioned to the other heroes plots

Example, no wolrd destruction, mayor change is posible because that would affect other heroes

If you copy the same style, you get the same results, lower and lower sales. I doubt this comic lasts for many years

Pandering to SJW's was never the issue, dummies. The issue was that if you criticized SJW pandering you were called a racist, misogynist, homophobe, islamaphobe, transphobe, etc. It was an excuse and shield for nepotistic hiring practices of unqualified friends and lovers. It was also easy promotion, since the vast majority of blogs and social media platforms are controlled by rampant SJWs. Oh no, some independent artists is now pandering to the rightward pendulum swing of "geek" fandom. How awful. This shit isn't even going to have any actual right leaning politics in it anyways. Not bringing up the patriarchy in the middle of the battle is what passes for right-leaning in comics nowadays.

Kickstarter's over.

No, fuck right off. Pandering has always been shit. Comic's worst shit has always been pandering.in the 80s it was the edgy pandering. 90s was pandering to people who though comics were "muh artform." 00s was pandering to nu-nerds, and now it's SJW pandering. Pandering always leads to shit, and acting like SJW pandering is the only one that was ever bad shows that you haven't given any kind of shit until the past 3 years about comics. SJW Pandering is the one that's the most obvious, because it's killed comic financially much more than the other panderings. But it's just the final form of the same bullshit that's harmed comics for decades.

I mostly like the costume, but I'm a bit iffy on the leather bits

the awkward asymmetry of the swirls/stripes on her waist bother me and as an artist I know that will be goddamn tricky to get right all the time.

Standing by my earlier observation that she looks like a candy cane, not a flag.

Whats up with all the reddit spacing lately?

You've probably got a case on that third one, but the other two look like they're just using it to indicate where they're jumping from one thought to another. I do the same thing, especially when making longer posts. Otherwise you're liable to end up with an edge-to-edge brick of text that's just a chore to parse.

Most of the design is just lazy, but those diagonal stripes look awful. That's the kind of asymmetry that ought to be used sparingly. There's nothing creative about how it uses the flag elements, either. It looks like she's just wearing pieces of an American flag with some bits of bondage gear layered over top.

I'd say >>900721's first pic does it right. It's got red white and blue, stars and stripes and all that, but it's creative about how it arranges and presents those elements. It unmistakably communicates "America!" but it does so while also having its own visual identity.

Or they're summerfaggots on mobile devices and don't know how to disable the auto correct feature.

The flag looks like a candy cane though.

I like to write visually nice text to read

if

you

don't

i

don't

care

To add, posts often look a lot meatier in the reply box than they do when stretched across the whole screen, so people may be misjudging how often they need to break up their text. Pic related.

Also, shit, I guess I've never tried to add an apostrophe after a post number. Meant to link to the first image in

Summerfag confirmed.

Its been 3 years user, the only people making that mistake are the recently arrived ones.

Pandering isn't a problem. Pandering to your fanbase is good. Pandering to people that is not your fanbase while actively ignoring and pissing off and neglecting your fanbase is bad.

>next phase is letting artists draw delicious cheese cakes, but all of the characters are still pushing their feminist agenda

Fuck right off. Pandering to the fanbase is why The Force Awakens was two hours of HEY! REMEMBER TIE FIGHTERS?! AND STAR DESTROYERS?! AND X-WINGS?! HEY LOOK THE MILLENNIUM FALCON! AND HAN SOLO! HEY! REMEMBER STORM TROOPERS?! And from what I heard, Rogue One was just as bad about it. And guess what? Most of the Original Trilogy fags I know, long-term members of the "fanbase", love the new Disney shit, because it panders to them. TFA was shit. Everything I've heard about RO and the upcoming Disney SW films indicates that those are/will be shit. But they're still successful, because they pander to the fans.

Shit, accidentally left sage on from meta-discussion earlier in the thread.

To be fair, every form of cultural product has some level of pandering, call it fanservice or shipping or whatever, you give your fandom what they want, that is pandering. You can't sell if you don't give people what they want.

It's almost like too much of one thing is bad for you. It's almost like it wasn't done to please the fanbase and it was done to attract the most possible attention to it. It's almost like it was made to make money first and pleasing to the fans second.

Thing is, nods and winks and fanservice can be handled with a bit of subtlety and/or class. I've always understood "pandering" to connote a certain blatancy and disrespect for the audience's intelligence. To continue the Star Wars example: the prequels (whether you or I like them or not) generally did a pretty good job about handling fanservice in ways that didn't seem entirely retarded, especially in the art design. Instead of copy-pasting designs straight out of the OT, they worked out new designs which incorporated elements of the "later" designs, creating an implied design lineage. It's fanservice, but it's also fairly original and adds a little extra depth to the fiction.

There are a couple of exceptions, of course, like Slave-1 in AotC, or the Millennium Falcon which shows up for all of three seconds in the background in RotS.

0% I already lived through 1992 and this Image launch title looking bullshit.

No it wasnt, it was a badly remade of the first movie.
Fake news.

Honestly the CW comic shows are pretty good at showing off how to do nods and winks to the original material pretty well. They actually managed to even put the boxing glove arrow into an episode of Arrow without directly making fun of it.

I loved that part of the prequels. Kind of wish more movies had that kind of thing.

I was surprised they did that well. I feel like at times the people doing those shows want to do more but are limited by the budget or something.

Yes man, their budget is tiny for those shows. The Flash is the most watched show on their channel by multiple series of magnitudes, yet compared to the big networks like NBC, ABC, and Fox, it would be immediately cancelled for the amount of viewers it pulls in.
Ragman was written out of the show specifically because they realized it was too expensive to have him around and doing stuff.

Explains so much.

Well might as well throw my two cents into this shitshow. This Kickstater is fucking terrible (big shocker I know) as it has shit stretch goals and seems to just be an excuse for the writer to commission art of his shitty "waifu" OC from various pin up artists.

As for the subject of pandering, there is a difference between pandering and nods to the fanbase, a good example of fandom nobs is Sonic Boom, it takes the piss out of itself while letting the viewer in on the joke. Pandering is shit like The Force Awakens, where they shove in as much references as they can to try and create a sense of nostalgia that it just ends up being kind of hollow and pointless.

Faggot leftypol goon mod deleting all these posts in this thread

What do you expect from Holla Forums.

Pandering is much more broad than that. Marvel Versus Capcom is PURE pandering, Kingdom Hearts is pandering, Super Smash Brothers is pandering, Super Robot Wars is pandering, and so forth. It basically just means putting something in or creating something that the fans will like more so that the fans would like it than for than the original author's intent.

Pandering is best done when an Author knows where his series is going, knows what it needs, and as some extra spots to fill in and knows how to create something within his work that is there to please the fans without fucking up everything else. Bad pandering usually comes from Authors who are not the original authors, looking to turn the character into their vision or looking for acceptance by the original fanbase by going overboard with bullshit references or a publisher who is looking for a quick cash grab.

Double agent Patriotika reporting for duty

Solid post.

No

really guys really

I gotta admit it, Jews are very good at tricking low-iq idiots into giving them shekels for anti-white propaganda. I'd say there's a 90% chance of Patriotika getting fucked by a shitskin.

What is wrong with that? You should be more tolerant like trump, user.

Is the new character even good?

The only comic that ever did this was 300 by Frank Miller. And even then it was still filled with homo imagery.

I need to lurk more

So when does the first issue come out, so we can judge for ourselves via storytime?

It seems you are trying to force that meme. If you weren't an utter fucking newfag you'd realize two things:

1. Mobile users tend to do that as well. Small screens make writing text look like a paragraph turn into just a fucking sentence that they naturally can't see until it is posted which fills just a sentence.

2. When clicking reply, it usually gives a small box, people don't expand the box to make sure they fill multiple sentences.

Keep trying shareblue shill. You'll only show how much you are a fucking newfag queer who keeps bringing up reddit as if most of the users here fucking go there. Faggot.

The problem with SJWs was never their tactics, the problem was their anti-white male politics. In a war (that's what this is you dumb nigger, it's a culture war) you don't play fair, you play to win.

mobile users are half of the problem on this site, frankly they should be denied access

What's wrong with browsing with a mobile phone?

Nigger, all you need to do is not spam the enter button
Turn it sideways numbnuts and who gives a shit try shitposting on Holla Forums from a 3ds when your phone is dead, even then the posts remain normal.

Getting real tense over a so-called 'forced-meme', like someone's got something to hide.

Its called critical thinking, who's more likely to browse Holla Forums on a phone?

No really
Has rekkas, counter and double-jump but is mid-low tier. Visually to similar to Cammy especially her battle costume. Only SFV female not to have a summer (ie.swimsuit) costume.
streetmodders.deviantart.com/gallery/62258467/Kolin

I'm guessing your winning strategy to the culture war is responding to weeks old posts. You're doing such a great job.

Nah, this looks more like stereotypical speak to me. If you are looking for Ruski comics though, check out Bubble Comics.

I thought it was a good perspective.

But guys, what about P.O.M.?

If the villians are are sexy too then maybe

Just received my digital copy, reading it right now

What a faggot.

Most likely it won't be anything special.

My opinion?The faggots that backed this got scammed.There are Marvel comics that have better art than this.

The art doesn't have to be perfect, she looks nice enough and that's enough for me.

All things considered, the art's not that bad. The bigger problem was the dialog. It was pretty stiff in places.

As it is, I'm not going to say this was a ripoff or a scam, but I want to see improvement to the writing in issue #2 or I'll drop it.

I backed this and P.O.M. plus a few others. I want to have a diverse amount of indie comics that also differ in quality.

When I finally get to writing my own, it will wash away the trash. Even Marvel won't escape the wrath of quality l will pursue upon the world.

Did you back it as well?

Hey look, a whining child on the internet

Nigger, I downloaded it for free from a GNU Social node. You have an actual reply, or are you just a one note summer fag?

Art: B-
Writing: C

Not terrible, but it definitely has rough edges that need to be ironed out in the next issue.

Am I…. supposed to be impressed? That's nothing to scream about m8.

Crybaby tears from an internet edgelord. So original aye?

This. I also left that the issue needed art/panels that helped with transition, sometimes it felt it jumped from scene to scene without a panel to connect them.

Faggots like you are why most of the boards here are dying. Kindly hang yourself.

Be honest, the costume is some illogical nonsense. Still backed it though.

Y'know, for an anti SJW comic, the first issue isn't all that political. Not that I'm complaining.

I know he was trying to be funny, but that dialog was a little cringy to be honest.

The costume is alright, but it's missing something. Maybe a sash around the waist…

Mooks rarely get good lines in modern comics. that said, the dialog is the main thing that needs to me improved. The art is fine. Not AAA material, but it gets the job done.

How so?

I can think of MUCH worse costumes when it comes to that sort of problem.

You take criticism and type like a teenage girl. Stop that.

Really? You don't think shit like that doesn't turn people off this place? There is a reason Holla Forums and Holla Forums are the only boards with any vitality here anymore.

I'll end up forgetting this by next month. Looks like the product of yet another mediocre kikestarter.

I'm willing to give it one more issue. If #2 isn't a marked improvement, I'll forget about it too. We do need to make sure to give these guys some actual feedback though.

I was looking through the kickstarter information, and it turns out that the art is done by an artist known as Antipus. Antipus is a fucking Brazilian freelancer. Ron Zabala didn't even hire an American freelancer. He hired cheap Brazilian labor just like the fucking big two.

More digging turned out that Mount Olympus's website was a fucking deviantart page that linked to a facebook page. Oh, and it turns out that Ron Zabala apparently has no previous experience writing comic books. I really can't find any of his earlier work, if there is any, and even looking up "Ron Z" only gives me tackle shops.

Basically, everyone who donated the $41,000 to back this project gave money to some write-fag who's never made a comic before who outsourced to a hue hue because he didn't want to pay for American labor.

How is that first reply even salt? The art is alright. Not amazing but serviceable. It's the dialog and pacing that needs work.

You really are one of those faggots… It's not about agreeing with anyone or even being nice (fuck nice). But shitty posts like those contribute nothing of value to the thread.

Stop using internet terms you don't understand.

Your roasting skills are weak af

Also, criticism? Where?

The entirety of the 90s has plenty of bad designs for many a thesis. Rob Liefield is a good example.

Personally I think too much happened in this issue. They should have spent more time showing us her training and getting used to her powers (which are still ill defined).

She basically seem like Powergirl+Magic.

the story is all over the place.
should have started with small interdimensional invasions and shit getting harder each issue
she is a big girl

Too much was packed into this issue. They need to slow down the pace. But then a lot of first issues have this problem.

Mediocre writing, acceptable art. These two training pages were really jarring and broke the pace of the book. Having at least a montage page summarizing the training would help a little bit too. Providing some context as to what the hell Athena was doing when the story started would probably be a good thing as well.

Yeah, unless they donated $2 or less.

Sure, but these are very very rare. Blatant reuse of art is limited to three panels, about half of panels has proper backgrounds, and ones that don't use fitting colors instead of random pastel auto-fill. That puts the book above vast majority of what Marvel is putting out.

It's good enough for a wait-and-see for issue 2. But there has to be major improvements to the writing and pace.

And still ended up being better than most of the current Marvel comics

Plus, it's not like the guy was hiding who he was.

No one is being Scammed. Everything is in the KS video and the interview he did with VEE.
Marvel shills mad that Marvel lost 41,000 shekels

I don't think people actually thought this was going to save the comic industry. It was more like: "let's fund stuff that actually caters to our interests"

Just admit you were scammed, it happens to a lot of people.

Summerfag, just give up.

Who thought that? Literally nobody. Most people who backed this are just in it for the nostalgia for cheesecake. Putting that aside, There is potential here if they can fix the dialog and pacing.

their nostalgia for cheesecake*

user you're an idiot.

Can you think of a better reason this got supported? The author outright said it wasn't going to make any political statements. Just big boobed heroes fighting Egyptian monsters .

That's like saying a different color of shit is "better". It's still shit.

What part of this "caters to your interests"? Is it the boring story? The shitty dialogue? The terrible characters?

Most of Holla Forums has the intelligence to read the comic before throwing their money at it.

If this is what you wanted, then you have shit taste. If this isn't what you wanted, then you're a fucking idiot for giving money to garbage.

Well, those people are stupid because if they wanted cheese cake, they could've bought i.e. pirated Empowered, Hack/Slash, Zombie Tramp, Red One, Harley Quinn, etc. Since they were already more than willing to look past bad writing, then there's plenty of cheesecake left for them to ogle instead of backing this crap.

"Potential" is the excuse people use to justify buying crap comics. They keep thinking shit will improve by the next issue, but how can it improve if it has the same people working on it? Do you really think Ron Z is going to become a better writer in a month?

My experience in comics has taught me that if the first issue doesn't hook you, then it never will. It's better to drop it and allow it to fail than keep it limping along out of hopes it'll get better.

You know a better reason it got supported. You know.

"somebody" saw a superheroine who's appearance seemed in contrast to the values held by those they were against and thought "this will will really piss off my enemies in comics"

And they did this because they were stupid.

Literally who stated this?

I mean, I'm pretty sure that's the reason quite some people had about it, but the two people who jumped into the support bandwagon with this comic (Captain Cummings and Veeh) pretty much stated that they were doing it for the cheesecake and said they preferred to support this indie comic than Marvel, and their followers seemed to agree with those sentiments.

One look at Captain Cummings channel and you can just fuck right off. Thanks for indirectly giving me cancer by exposing me to high-levels of cringe.

You're welcomed

Gamergate was a mistake.

>>>Holla Forums

You seem to be the mad one, gamergate brought most of this to this site and succeeded in changing games journalism. How was any of that a mistake?

The art is mediocre. Not bad, but not particularly good in any noteworthy way. That's a problem for a comic whose stated purposes include cheesecake. I'm willing to give it one more issue to capture my attention, but I'm not optimistic.

You mean tits and ass? That's the only thing this book really has going for it. There are hundreds, thousands even, of artists who put out high-quality tits and ass on the internet all the time for free. The only reason to pay for it is if it's exceptionally good stuff, and again, this comic's art just isn't up to the task.

If it had this art style I'd be more interested:

Summer is over, the shitposters seem to be here to stay.

Go make it yourself.

Folks, folks, how about people backed it just because pissing off our enemies is funny? I bought some Proteinworld powder even though I'm not a /fit/fag*, and I dropped $5 on Huniepop and never even played it. Might get this simply because every sale is another spoonfull of salt.
*-Caliph Khan has since made such advertising illegal in London, so even if it was a genuine "accident" that became "pandering", buying Proteinworld has now become political.

iwonderwhosbehindthispost.jpg

Except I'm not seeing this be discussed anywhere else except from those who backed it. Unlike Huniepop there is no outrage against this.

Except feminists and SJW's didn't give a rat's ass about this project and at no fucking point did the retard who wrote this garbage say it was an anti SJW comic, the retards who backed this turd say that because they've apparently never read a Zenescope title in their lives.
I can understand backing something like Hatred, that game was a steaming pile of elephant shit, but you know what? It caused a massive fucking shitstorm among the numales and feminists. So buying it pissed them off.
Face it, no amount of damage control is gonna change the fact that this project was a waste of fucking money.

Hatred wasn't just being attacked by SJW cancer. There were also the vestiges of the old religious right from the 90s.

A lot of autists and casuals also attacked it because they thought it was a threat against seeing videogames as art.

It's odd that there's so much hatred for this. Are we being raided?

Nothing about this is odd at all. In fact, this is pretty funny.

kotaku.com/

Does this link still work?

Yes, and it's because politics and video games attract lots of idiots.

Where's the hatred? I see anons making fun of the backers and backers defending themselves.

Maybe that would have happened if you guys didn't focus on PR and showing the world you don't hate minorities and fags while having e-celebs speak for you.

Hi Jim

This feels really rushed writing wise, like they wanted to get to her being Patriotika first and remembered last minute they need to introduce her and giver her her origin.

I see people oddly offended that some anons supported an independent comic.

Oh boy

No one's offended, we're just laughing at the dumbasses who wasted their money on something that won't be remembered a year from now.

Uh-huh.

Not sure what you mean, a lot of the people who backed it here have been critical of the so-so to bad writing and jarring pacing.

Seems you just want the thread to devolve into an argument between backers and, well, you. Understand why that makes you cancer yet?

That's a big assumption you have there.

How cute.

tl;dr on the backstory? Who is this giant anime tiddy woman? Will it be another capeshit propaganda like the mainstream commics?

Read the thread.

tl;dr.

No

Alright. Ron Z, who has never written comics before, hires a Brazilian artist to make a comic, Patriotika. He then opens a kickstarter back in July to fund his comic, with the goal being around $3,000 dollars. Keep in mind the kickstarter only had three pages of art with no dialogue.

Now, when all those anti-sjw faggots, the ones that need to fight sjws all the time to give them a sense of belonging and purpose, saw the stacked white blonde wearing the America flag, they thought "Oh boy, will this piss off those sjws!" Crappy comics e-celebs shilled it, faggots started saying "THE SJW WRITERS AT MARVEL HATE (Patriotika)", and a stream of buzz making it sound that funding Patriotika would be a blow to "ALL THE SJWS IN COMICS". Faggots fucking poured money into the kickstarter campaign, to the tune of $41,988. 1,299.7% over their initial goal.

Almost immediately, there was a problem. Not with the comic, but with the reaction. While Ron Z and Mount Olympus Comics were no doubt ecstatic over the show of support, and they have been keeping to the kickstater's schedule, the rise that funding Patriotika was supposed to get out of the sjws, never happened. No twitter melt-downs, no Mary Sue articles decrying it, no massive hashtags against it, nothing. A heroine who was everything that sjws in comics were against, got funded and nobody seemed to care.

The situation did not improve once the comic was released. It's story-timed here

The reaction they were expecting from sjws never came. Worse yet, the comic itself can be best described as mediocre. While the art is ok, the writing is amateurish, and it certainly wasn't a comic that deserved $41,000. Now those that funded it are trying to defend it, but really, all of the arguments ring hollow. Those who say they funded it for the cheese-cake could've gotten better cheese-cake for free online. Those who say they funded it to support independent comics could've given their money to the better independent comics out there. No matter how they try, everything boils down to them giving money to Patriotika to anger sjws and now they're left with egg on their faces when the sjws didn't care.

tl;dr fags funded a crap cape comic to piss-off sjws, only to fail and be left holding the bag.

Did they? I heard they mentioned they wanted to piss off SJWs but I don't recall saying that Marvel was specifically angry about it, whoever said this was lying to people.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you make it sound that nobody funded this before the e-celebs shilled it, it was already at 14,400$ when it was shilled, though you're right that it got more funds thanks to the shill.

I personally didn't backed this to piss anybody off, I couldn't care less if SJWs got angry or not. I actually backed this before e-celebs found out of this, I backed this because:

There may have better stuff out there, but this one got my attention and I decided to give it a try.

I feel that you are a good man, user, who backed this in hopes of a good independent comic. However, I believe that you judged poorly, as Ron Z has no other work, either published or online, to give you a clear idea of where your investment would be going or the quality of the product you would be supporting. Before backing anything, I personally like to see work done, and for a comic, that INCLUDES writing.

I think you're in the minority though. From what I've gathered, the vast majority did it out of some belief that sjws would be outraged over an independent white superheroine. So they gave money to Patriotika, instead of going the cheaper, and more effective, route of simply commissioning artists to draw minority superheroes as whities and posting it on tumblr.

I funded as well at 5bux. I hope all the digital deluxe edition shit gets put up quick, I would have switched to that tier myself but they wanted me to do a whole new one to get it, and I wasn't going to pledge twice for it.

I funded as well at 5bux. I hope all the digital deluxe edition shit gets put up quick, I would have switched to that tier myself but they wanted me to do a whole new one to get it, and I wasn't going to pledge twice for it.

I did it for the anti-SJW shit, but I honestly don't care if they didn't get mad, I just want comics to grow outside of the SJW sphere, and this looked pretty good.

Do have reading comprehension problems?

She has a butterface.

Do you?

If anything he's got writing problems.

Is there any hope left?

No, I don't think so. The first issue of any comic is the most important one. It's the issue that convinces people to stick around. If you have a sub-par first issue, like Patriotika, no amount of improvement in second issue will fix the bad impressions from the first.

No. If hiring a HUE for the art wasn't bad enough, now he has to hire an editor to write the damn thing for him.

It makes me want to kickstart my own comic so I can net a breddy gud artist and kikestarter shekels

Should anybody be surprised? Another crowdfunded project from some nobody gets overhyped as something it's not, funded, and then turns out to be underwhelming. No wonder crowdfunding gets shat on by some.

We don't know if it's underwhelming yet, give it a few more issues.

I thought the editor's job was just to supervise the comic

It's the first issue it could get better later on.

Why do you think editors are a thing in the first place?

Keep crying kikestarter, I'm sure you'll win.

it wasnt THAT bad.

Why are you so intent to shit on this comic? Did the writer fuck your sister or something?

People don't like things you like, shocking.

Because he had the common sense of not throwing his money at it. Unlike you.

Pissing off SJWs does not always occur in a first issue or when an offending issue is released. Takes time to find the right plot and to circulate it.

Consider for example that meltdowns about the Stephen King child sewer orgy is only recently even though the book has been out 30 years.

That said, author should show Patriotism beating up some African nigger gods.

No, this is clearly more than that.

I didn't, actually.

Because Patriotika #1 is a mediocre comic. No amount of saying "THE NEXT ISSUE WILL BE BETTER" will change that fact. Even worse, relying on the next issue to salvage it is admitting that Patriotika has already failed, as the first issue should make you want another issue, not need one.

But really, what annoys me the most are these sputtering, newfag justifications for funding/ continuing to fund it. The very idea of funding Patriotika is antithetical to full/co/: blindly spending money on a comic they didn't read. That fact alone makes this something to be despised. It's an insult to all of the wisdom that Holla Forums's oldfags have gathered over their years of reading comics.

Patroitka is a mediocre comic, yes, but it's also a clear example of newfag cancer, which makes it so much worse.

Why do you want to start an argument between you and the backers? It's obvious most of them accepted it wouldn't be 10/10 when they threw money at it.

Oh, that makes it worse.

Why on earth would they give money to a sub-par comic? That seems kinda silly. If not for the writing, the art, or even the cheesecake, then what did they fund it for?

I did it to fund more independent comics.

Not the guy you're quoting, but would've preferred that the guy bought 20 issues of Squirrel Girl or America?

I don't see the contradiction.

I think we've got a goon here

Back in my day you needed to buy the stuff to see if it was good or not, I dunno about the others, but I enjoyed the issue, and I don't regret my backing and so far the other people I've read in this thread that backed the project don't seem very displeased by it.

It has it flaws, of course, but coming from a guy who didn't write any comics before anything before, the final product is relatively decent IMHO.

So, this is a purity test…

All aside when the backing for issue #2 is up, we'll see if how many people are still interested in this.

The art looked fine, and that's pretty much what we were working with since the pages didn't have the dialogs.

I support it in theory, but I have mixed feelings on it overall.

The story doesn't seem to be anything new or exciting. I like the costume, but the art style is inconsistent. If you're going to create an iconic cheesecake character her proportions must be consistent. In some art her bra size could be C, in others it could be EEE. Also in most panels I've seen they're drawn like she has implants, boobs need that natural shape. So many artists are great at making them look squishy and beautiful.

If I was to commission a comic with cheesecake, I'd want to hire an artist who drew bodies in a way that really pleased my eye and stuck out, like Incase or Evanlee82. Look at the way this guy draws tits. "The art looks a little blurry" sometimes yeah, but look at the fucking tits. This man has clearly studied mammaries. The indents, the jiggle, the shape.

That said I'll pirate it, if it doesn't suck I'll buy a copy, but if the author doesn't have a story mapped out for like 48 issues it'll end up like Bazooka Jules.

Pictures 1 and 3 fits my taste.

Is Patriotika worth $5? If you saw the cover of Patriotika #1 in your LCS, would you spend $5 on it before flipping through it? You tell your friend spend $5 on it?

STFU stupid bitch. Why are you moaning about other people buying comics?

If someone enjoys the comic, let them enjoy it. I don't understand this pathetic stance against something people enjoy.

Not everything has to be a masterpiece. That would defeat the concept of a "masterpiece" in the first place. You're just coming across as a triggered snowflake snob that seems to think their taste is superior to everyone else.

Your critical thinking skills and reading comprehension seem to be questionable as well if you also wrote the following:

Sure buddy. In order for you to be "full/co/" you need to have read a comic before buying it. That makes a lot of sense my boi.

So the answer is 'no' then.

I can't tell if this is an actual cuckchanner or Holla Forums impersonating one.

I'd said 3.50$ or 3.99$ for the digital copy

Definitely the third option.

You don't buy comics? Mad.

I haven't read Patriotika so I can't answer that for you. Plus according to , buying comics is stupid.

wew lad
this is one dedicated troll

How about you try saying what makes this book so good.

You think Patriotika is good? You must have shit taste then.

Got you covered, fam.

The digital copy cost $5.$15 for an actual print version.

I think some people are being extremely harsh on this comic here, don't get me wrong I found it meh too, but some anons are making it sound like its America Chavez or something. The obvious problem the comic has is that the writer wanted to make something that triggered SJWs first and foremost, but didn't have anything else to stand on its own. Nothing really creative and original. Also no editor, hell probably not even a consultant to show which part of the writing sucks.

Lad, if the first issue doesn't grab your interest right away, then something went really wrong.

What is wrong with HUE artists?
That is still a high bar compared to the Tumblr talent that Marvel hires and the art in this comic was at least decent.
t. HUE

I doubt Patriotika's creator will have his place broken into and the comic's important assets stolen.

Before the tumblr talent, they were the wetbacks of the industry. Outsourced talent bought on the cheap.

I'm a critic of this comic, but I don't think that was what Ron Z wanted. I think he just wanted to make a comic and have it published. Sort of a vanity project that was crappy and cliche because he's never written anything before. The whole "Patriotika will trigger SJWs'' narrative was added by anti-sjw groups after the project was already announced, thinking that nothing would trigger SJWs more than a comic about big-titted white woman wearing the American flag. It's that narrative that got the project $41,000.

As for the HUE, hiring HUEs is what the Big Two do. It's cheap foreign labor, the kind of foreign labor that American freelancers often lose work to. There are some fucking good American freelancers out there who can draw some great tits, and it's a little sleazy to sell a character as uber-patriotic, only to outsource half of the labor to vuvuzela land.

That is understandable and it really sucks.

You're right, but something that we have to take into consideration is that it's possible that this guy didn't have a lot of money to start with and hired what he could afford at the time.

Now that he has the money I'd hope he can switch artists from time to time. Otherwise he will be fucked if ANTIPUS asks for more money for the next issues or decides to back-off because he doesn't want to be part of the project anymore.

This is actually a better outcome than we first thought. It means that you can actually create such a character and sell the content featuring them without getting pressured by SJWs if you play it right.

The only real issue is that the Anti-SJWs influenced the genuine interest in Patriotika, so now Ron Z may overestimate the interest in the character in the future. So I think #2 will probably flop. For the rest of us though, there's hope that well written characters with mainstream appeal may appear at some point without getting shut down by the progressive crowd.

Eh

Is she taking on Black Adam and Isis?

What I've feared the moment gamergate-fags got involved with comics has come to pass. That they'd be so focused on getting rid of sjws that they'd fall into the pandering trap and support garbage purely because it wasn't sjw. Nothing changed, no incentive for publishers to make good comics, just celebrations when they're handed the same shit but with a different coat of paint.

I continue to walk into the dark future where the comics are still shit, only now they're right-leaning shit instead of left.

Hold your horses. This had already been discussed.

only a true cuck would think that isn't a major improvement from the shit we have now

Hey revolt, back from the burning shithole that was endchan i see.

On the day of the rope, fence-sitters will be impaled. On fences.

Radical Centrist here. Fuck you, burn everything outside the middle. Cut your heads off and make little forts outside of your dead bodies. It's like cutting the crusts off your bread, except with stupid dead people!

So when will you mongoloids merge with Holla Forums already, seeing as you are basically the same anyway?

It's just Holla Forumsmblr trying to establish itself here after thoroughly ruining halfchan Holla Forums

Holla Forums has been weird as fuck lately.
We'll have threads absolutely trashing sjws and commie cucks, but then at the same time we'll have a benign thread shit on hardcore by what are apparently legitimate, non-b8ing snowflakes.
I'm not entirely sure where they got the idea they're welcome here at all.

opinion discarded

Could also be consensus cracking. Stopping discussion of the comic's quality and instead infight to either praise/condemn it wholly because it was anti-SJW.

What, you expected praise for being a lackluster titty comic that used patriotic imagery to jew newfags out of $41,000?

Really, the digital version is $5, and to get an actually printed copy costs $15. That's three times the price of current comics, and people bought it. If that's not high kikery, I don't know what is.

Which is funny because I guarantee that it's anti-SJW elements were entirely coincidental. The Anti crowd praising it wasn't merely because they wanted to piss off the SJWs, it's also to show that by not conforming to the the narrative, you can sell your comics successfully. Regardless of Patriotika being good, it really doesn't matter if it's competition utilises homogeneous themes, ideas and naturally, execution of such. This means there's more demand of a particular type of story than the supply of them.

By supporting this comic, it was a buyer's demand style protest with intent on showing the big publishers that there is a market available if you cater to this demographic. I think the reason why it was never known to the progressives is that:

So sort of like Hatred. Objectively sub-par, but a symbol for what should be acceptable.
Only people backed this and expected more quality

I actually backed this with a bunch of other comics. I need a few good ones and bad ones to go together for, so I'd have variety of quality. This one being bad doesn't really bother me.

what other books ?