How do we solve the american obesity epidemic?

How do we solve the american obesity epidemic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s86DJ1pVF0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sorry messed up on the image

change the culture so that recipes taste good using healthy ingredients instead of just salt and oil, that way people will be motivated to eat healthy food I mean imagine if America had a cuisine like Vietnam

also build more public transport and stop making everything into suburbs or making it so it's just more convenient to drive instead of walking to a train or to the place

They will get plenty of exercise either running from fat communist soldiers or with fat communist soldiers during the revolution.

We don't.

More dead or suffering Americans is a good thing.

Big multinational dollar corporations are the ones feeding Americans cheap burgers and giving them free refils on their sodas. We gotta stop the madmen that is McDonalds.

butthurt yuropoor detected

There is healthy fast food but it just does not taste as good

That intensity of lifestyle is being driven by finance capital, though. Remove the markets and there is no need to flog the masses with clocks to extract maximum value.

nukes

gulags

Capitalism has made unhealthy food cheap and available. It's actually expensive to be thin now, or at the very least it requires some bit of legwork to buy the correct food.

Capitalism is killing Americans like this. The same is true for Mexico, and for Argentina. I think the Argentine president said some thing like, "We have an obesity problem. This is the problem of a wealthy country." This ignores the fact that people aren't fat because they eat too much. They're fat because they can only afford trash food.

This epidemic will only stop when we can get capitalism out of our kitchens and stomachs.

I'm an American and I un ironically agree with him.

Then you should probably kill yourself.

commies are best lolcows

Not until I become a Canadian citizen.

I will not die an american.

No, you said Americans need to die. You have an American you can kill right now. Do it, faggot.

Create cheap and nutritious food that's not packed full of shit solely designed to create addicts out of consumers.

youtube.com/watch?v=s86DJ1pVF0U

former fat nigger from detroit
1. education
2. shorter work days help for families. parents were too tired to cook most of the time so we just ate fast food. also more free time to exercise
3. stop scamming lazy fatasses with "lose weight overnight" bullshit and promote shit that actually matters (eat less and get off your ass for a little every day)
4. body shaming

Former fatty now built, second what this nigger is saying.

By shit posting dank /fit/ memes
DYEL bro lmao

you're putting the cart before the horse, healthy food is already cheaper than junk food. Americans know fuck all about nutrition and health, this is why people can make millions selling bullshit fitness books and giving bullshit speeches selling bullshit diets. Every week there's a new meme headline(LOSE 10LBS A WEEK BY EATING THIS FOOD) backed by studies paid for by the industries that produce those foods. That is why americans believe that they can lose belly fat by wrapping a piece of plastic around their waist, that is why americans can drink a 2L of soda and 2 burgers a day and say 'why am i getting fat when i dont eat that much??'.

I dont feel that body shaming helps, although fat acceptance and other feel good bullshit needs to stop. You're better off encouraging people by telling them that they can achieve their goals if they put their mind to it
Personal change is one of our few freedoms in this regime.

Fat to fit white boi here. Thirding this, but… Instead of just body shaming we need to establish a culture celebrating physical excellence like the ancient Greeks. We need to be body positive in the sense of not being weirded out and uncomfortable with the human body. Public nudity should be more common so people don't get to hide the fat. And we shouldn't shame fat kids, we should shame their parents and pick those kids first for kickball so they get more exercise.

by "body shaming" i didn't mean verbal harassment or belittling. i propose a clear social standard that obesity isn't okay.

for example telling the fat kid that is struggling to run suicides to lose some weight shouldn't be seen as an act of disrespect.
(shame the body not the person)

Nu-leftist please go.

The only things that needs and must be changed are material conditions.

Change working conditions so that people are less dependent on unhealthy "convenience food".

Also baby boomers are older so likely fatter than they were in 1993.

Standing in bread lines all day every day will keep them fit.

Buying healthy food takes time and cooking it takes time. You'll note it's the one thing poor people don't really have, not to mention that there are areas that simply do not sell fresh produce or anything that might be considered healthy.

That ain't dialectical faggot

No, attacking the superstructure does nothing.

Kill all niggers and spics. Make poor Americans harvest not corn and force the farmers to pay them a livable wage.

Oh well since you say so

is it just me or is there a lot more newfriend activity than usual

kill fat acceptance

Band food advertising

I know you want you Holla Forums daddies to see that you're 'not like those other leftists' but the obesity epidimic predates fat acceptance

gulag with American characteristics

it is not your fucking business

Chocolate-covered grasshoppers

eat less food

Sgt. Stuffed Peppers?

no it's not just you. It seems like summer never ends.

Give people a reason to live, [spoiler]like a bloody revolution[spoiler].