2.5 Minutes to Midnight

archive.is/i2e5T

Did you hear? The bulletin of atomic scientists moved the 'Doomsday Clock' up to 2.5 minutes to midnight, to reflect their massive, Trump related anal pain.

For perspective, during the fucking Cuban Missile Crisis, the clock was set at 7 minutes to midnight. Apparently, Trump being elected is more dangerous than Khrushchev secretly moving nuclear missiles 92 miles from the east coast.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ngyLY
youtube.com/watch?v=APIKVLw1tT0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And what the fuck is that actually supposed to mean or be based on beside 'muh Trump is vague bad, goy!'.

IT MEANS OY GEVALT GOYIM EVERYTHING IS GETTING WORSE!

MEANWHILE IM FAIRLY SURE I REMEMBER IT BEING AT 30 SECONDS TO MIDNIGHT MOST OF THE TIME OBAMA WAS IN

Hilarious considering that crazy cunt Hillary would've led us into a very hot conflict.

99.99999% of this shit is just racial concern pieces. Fuck these white race agitating kikes.

Someone is afraid of losing their jobs and grants.

Meanwhile, in non-pozzed space.

You remind me of Thunderf00t getting asshurt because of brexit. The man benefited of the EU scientific network to earn shekels.

The clock only mattered for Watchmen. This just seems like an glorified version of how many days since the last accident.

My local army base has been on percon bravo for months. Now of all times we're closer to midnight?

AHAHAHHAHAHAHA KEK WARNS YOU OF WW3 SOON.

WITH WHO?
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY EVEN TALKING ABOUT?

AHAHAHHAHAHAHA KEK WARNS YOU OF WW3 SOON.

who said end of known world would be nuclear?

I can imagine them putting the clock back by a few hours while Hillary is launching the nukes.

i hope TRUMP responds to this blatant BULL SHIT

Well you see goy, Russia helped Trump with the election but Trump is such a wild loose cannon we're going to have a showdown with Russia! Believe me goy we live in dark times.

It's China and India tbh, they realize they're going to get popped like a fucking pimple.

IT WILL BE THE END OF (((THEIR))) WORLD

quick some one post
IRON Maiden 2 MINUTES TELL MIDNIGHT
CAN'T POST FROM PHONE
it would be a great thread soundtrack

A metaphorical clock is as nourishing to the mind, as a picture of oxygen is to a drowning man.

This move is pointless rhetorical masturbation by butthurt libcucks and those who benefited from the old order.

and a lot of them didn't benefit as well. they're just really spiteful and would love to see us go down with them.

Could they have possibly found a jewier looking guy to reveal it?

And since when does the doomsday clock go into fractions of a minute? I thought it always used full minutes. They couldn't commit to a full minute?

Yeah the time on the doomsday clock is pretty much just determined by how many bad feels they have. It's basically worthless except to try to scare people.

/thread

These fucking kikes at the BoAS are worse than climate change scientists.

The way I look at this, it's 2 and a half minutes until they are thrown into the oven.

At least the climate change scientists bother to come up with some bullshit stats. These guys just sit in a room saying "I feel more scared this year, better take a minute off the clock!".

You know, this article would make more sense if these guys actually said what country we were likely to get into nuclear war with.
Okay, let's get real here: there was never any realistic chance of nuclear warfare happening during the cold war. Both countries knew that using nukes would be suicidal. The only time nuclear warfare actually happened was against a country that had no nuclear capability, and they were also much weaker nukes that what we have today.
The USSR knew that it would hurt in the long-term as the US wasn't always going to be an enemy, and they would have heavily damaged a future trading partner. Same goes for the US. They also knew that the retaliation strikes would wipe out both countries. Nobody in either country's government was insane enough to do such a thing.

I just realized why them starting to do fractional minutes bothers me.

It's like they're saying "I-I'm w-w-warning y-you! The w-world is g-gonna end! Y-you'll see!"

Yeah, yeah…. Tell it to the mayan calender fags you dopes.

We actually came much closer than most people believe - when we set up the blockade, we caught the Soviet diesel sub B-59 and began dropping practice depth charges to force it to surface - but we didn't know that it carried an armament of nuclear torpedoes. The crew on the sub believed the charges to be real and assumed a war had started - standard Soviet operating procedure called for the Commanding Officer and Political Officer to be in agreement to launch a nuclear weapon. They were in agreement, but as luck would have it, the flotilla commander was also on board and he opted not to use the weapon. We were, by my estimation, two or three seconds away from midnight by their standards.

sauce?

Google Vasili Arkhipov, that's the man in question. Also, if I remember correctly, there was a moment in 1983 when the Soviet missile warning system had a glitch and the Russians thought they were thirty minutes away from getting wiped off the face of the planet. Yuri Andropov wanted to fire Soviet nukes back but the people in charge of the room didn't think the US had actually launched anything so they disobeyed and, as it turned out, they were right, but they were a minute or two away from leveling the US.
We've come pretty close to Nuclear annihilation at least twice, probably more we don't know about.

Wait. If the clock itself is being generous on time, then that means it must really be at 60 or so minutes from midnight. What security!

much appreciated, thanks user

Let's also not forget 1953, where The United States and the Soviet Union test thermonuclear devices within nine months of one another., clocking in at two minutes. This is how fucking scared they are of Trump.

>Let's also not forget 1953, where The United States and the Soviet Union test thermonuclear devices within nine months of one another, clocking in at two minutes. to midnight. This is how fucking scared they are of Trump.
Fix't

That's because climate change is also reflected for the doomsday clock. I doubt climate change was used during the 50's

Wew, it is somehow even more of a joke then I thought possible. Do they expect that shitty movie 2012 to suddenly happen because muh climate change?

I was deeply disappointed, but not surprised, to see my "nerd" friends circle jerking this news on kikebook. At least Holla Forums never disappoints me

Why the fuck would be closer to nuclear exchange when the Russians are overjoyed with Trump's election while before the elections THEY WERE ACTUALLY WARNING THAT HILLARY'S ELECTION WOULD LEAD TO WORLD WAR FUCKING THREE?

Do they have a single logically consistent argument to back that shit up?

no, just massive asshurt

well, the doomsday clock thing was created by literal communist scientists, so…

It's all terribly shameful and it makes me a little smug about deciding to go for engineering instead of science when I went to college. There's something cucky in the water with the modern scientific community, and it doesn't just end with climate change. It's become a game of jewry where "scientists" get paid to say whatever companies and lobbyists want them to say, and the popular masses eat it up with the same blind fervor as you would a religion. They don't read the actual published papers, they don't critically investigate the sources and methods with full knowledge that men are fallible and subject to mistakes and errors. They just grab the headlines and accept it wholly and fully into their hearts and souls as the one truth, and anybody who doesn't accept it is a heretic.

For further perspective, the "Doomsday Clock" is not some kind of actual device that works by any objective measure, it's some arbitrary number set by some hippy cunts that apparently do not like President Trump to such a degree that they feel like we're about three times closer to doomsday a week into his presidency than we were facing off with the USSR with both keys in and a finger on the button.

In what way is this "for perspective" line supposed to carry any meaning other than "these people are ridiculous"?

fuck yeah

UP THE IRONS

So basically the clock can never ever get further from midnight, unless the CO2 level starts magically reversing. Kind of defeats the whole point, doesn't it? It's always going to be less than 3 minutes now. No matter what we do, doomsday is always looming. Not that it wasn't already irrelevant. The nuclear pandora's box has already been opened. You can't put nukes back in the box. Nukes are a part of humanity now.

What can they do? Midnight = death, so even if Trump triggers them or shit keeps going wrong for them, they'll get the clock to mere seconds and then everyone will laugh when they cannot move it forwards only backwards.

Get this shit off the screen. Who are these assholes to say when doomsday approaches? I say when doomsday is approaching."

But why? Who's threatening to nuke anyone?

TWO

Israel threatening to nuke the rest of the world for being bad goyim, obviously.

If you're referring to what I think you are, it was actually a flock of seagulls that the system picked up. People freaked and one balls-of-steel dude decided against firing back.

There was also a point at which a handful of Brit troops were ordered to take an airfield in Kosovo, but the Russians got to it first. The Brits were given pause and asked for orders, at which point a US general told them to wreck them to take the airfield. The Brit's cavalry officer on the scene was hesitating even harder, and some dickwaving started happening.

They eventually decided mostly because the Brits were only getting more stubborn about not starting WW3 that they should just back off and keep the Russians surrounded until they decided to share the airfield in exchange for food and water.

The cavalry officer, by the way, was James Blunt.

That movie was good, people give it way too much shit for not being 100% like the comic.

a national treasure tbh

not to mention that history has proven that nukes aren't worth the cost of using them.
What do we get if we fire our nukes?
we're dead, and that's all that matters.

Didn't Kennedy thank him?

They're retarded. But, the Chinese also have nukes and Trump's trying to fuck with their money

They're not that bad.

And it will never ever reach midnight, because if doomsday comes, nobody is going to give a fuck about the doomsday clock, even if someone is left alive to change it. It really is just "be afraid, goyim!".

I don't put much stock into the clock since, as many here have said: it's mostly feels and butthurt. However, I have to say that as someone who isn't content with the world, the idea of it inching closer to midnight doesn't keep me up at night even one more millisecond than usual. Why should it? I don't believe that most people (whether they realize it) really feel like they have purpose or meaning - if I had that, sure I'd be more alarmed. I don't have a kid, a wife, a real (physical) community or employment that's fulfilling/important. I get that some people DO have those things, and the by not caring I'm somewhat (or very) selfish, but I can't help but to shrug at the idea of people on Facebook posting and re-sharing news from people's work that they've not even looked at themselves from their iPhone 7's, and being alarmed all because the big bad President Trump pissed off people by being "mean". I care little just when I see the tears on the news and the (what are supposed to be) heart wrenching videos of scared people. In four years they'll look stupid. In eight, they'll look adorable for it. In a century, they'll be dead and they'll have lived their lives crying about "That time when everything was totally going to end but it didn't end and… uh, but I felt bad but like, I didn't do anything but yeah, um, wow yeah, it was totally bad, dude."

It was at one minute like last year. Means fucking nothing.

lel

Feels ambivalent, man.

The leftists control almost every area of propaganda at this point, we need to get our shit together.

That gender studies degree doesn't make you a scientist you cunt

We're hitting propaganda levels that shouldn't be possible.

That's not how you spell "jews", see

Low energy

They're probably just trying to signal how pissed off they are that he won. They are going to initiate doomsday because they are losing their way.

Theoretical physicists are the gender studies majors of the natural science world. A jewish theoretical physicist such as the guy pushing this faggot clock isn't worth listening to unless he is screaming in an oven.

The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists has been shit for a while now. True, it has never been a technical journal, more so one about discussion of news and policy related to the field. But over the last eight years it has doubled down at making itself irrelevant with every other thing it publishes being based on fallacy, polemics, or out right sophistry. I cannot find it to be a very credible publication when if you are an environmental justice blogger, you can present pseudo science in it for predicting why man will be extinct by next year if he does not start destroying all the oil wells as some irrefutable quantitative analysis. Whole thing is far left wing cancer.

(checked)

Most likely this. They are throwing wood on the fire since they have not been able to cash out on all the anger they created among the left. For example after Trump had a speech yesterday there were a lot of people protesting, but this is nothing new or sensational as it has become the normal situation for over a year. So there would be no surprise if they go all out or retreat (which you don't if you got things to loose). Keep your eyes open for more tricks and explain for others as well.

The risk is still present with China as that conflict could go hot in the near future. That was to be anticipated regardless who won. So I'm not surprised the clock moved forward a tiny bit, if that would have been the real reason.

If Hillary was president, it'd probably be around 45 seconds to midnight right now as tensions would have boiled over in Syria. They wouldn't have even brought it up in the news.

Why has anyone ever given two fucks about this bullshit gimmick is beyond me. If their name is any indicative why would a bucnh physicist, who are super autistic about science, know shit about the intricacies of politics?

This is just more conditioning.

Fuck off jews.

This.

This proves they are now deliberately spinning their narrative to quell the surge. And it's showing that the MSM is completely pozzed and incapable of telling real news.

Hell, they ignored the 800,000 illegal migrant voters and ended up focusing on the connections to trump (who while were registered in dual states, were not found to have voted in two states).

We'd be dead if Hillary was president. She supported the bullshit in the middle east. The US would have lost all credibility and we would have had war.

The Doomsday clock solely ticks of how close the jews are to a new holocaust.

archive.is/ngyLY

what is the doomsday clock?

mostly jews

mfw George Soros owns The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists

polite sage because reasons

More like 5 seconds during the Syria/Hillary/WW3/LE HAXING Fiasco

is there something wrong with your picture? its just one big blurred nose.

Trump literally said the destructive capabilities described to him were unthinkable and it would be much nicer if we could get along with everybody.

Go kill yourself you fucking faggot

To be fair, if the nuclear missiles were moved secretly, how could they have possibly known to move the clock forward?

Do you know what this means?
=The Aryans are returning.===
youtube.com/watch?v=APIKVLw1tT0
Let's greet them with our march, with Kek as our chapter master.

Can't be the good guys if the jews start it

More like a millisecond. Holy shit.

The man on the left is Lawrence Krauss, he goes around atheist conferences blackpilling the youth into nihilism by talking about the heat death of the universe, he is also a columnist for the New York Times.

Yes he is a Jew and no he has no place to understand politics enough to really say what time the doomsday clock should be.

They should've upped this when it looked like Hillary was going to win and threatened war with Russia but all of those fuckers were pulling for her I bet.

Because it got found out.

Thank Christ.

When it hits midnight, does that mean I can get off work early?

I take this to mean the kikes would rather have a nuclear war than have their "pizza-relate" handkerchiefs laundered in public. This worthless effort is to astroturf things to that effect but the problem is; war with who? Israel?

Once upon a time, the media gathered (((experts))) on foreign policy to determine how close we were from engaging in a nuclear exchange with The Soviet Union. The gauge was formed into a clock, with midnight being when we would have a nuclear exchange that would end our civilization. Of course once Russia collapsed in the early 90's instead of throwing out the clock, because it was pointless, they kept it around to signify whatever the fuck they wanted.

Checked, keked, and saged for shit thread.