Kratom to receive emergency rescheduling

On September 30th 2016 Kratom will be a schedule 1 substance meaning it will be considered as dangerous as heroin or gammahydroxybutate (GHB) or (kek) marijuana

Mitragyna speciosa, also known as ketum or kratom, is a tropical deciduous and evergreen tree in the coffee family (Rubiaceae) native to Southeast Asia in the Indochina and Malaysia phytochoria (botanical regions). M. speciosa is indigenous to Thailand where it has been used in traditional medicine.

Though not an opiate itself, kratom is thought to behave similarly to a μ-opioid receptor agonist like morphine. Some people use it for managing chronic pain as well as recreationally others use it as a cheap and safe alternative to methadone or suboxone for use in treating opiod addiction/ withdrawl. Effects last for between two and five hours. Kratom use is not detected by typical drug screening tests, but its metabolites can be detected by more specialized testing.

The average ounce is under $10
I've been taking kratom daily as an insulator for the stress if the grind. It's cheap and not very addictive if used right.

It's legal to take a pill that will change your mind into wanting to be productive but if you use a plant to achieve happiness it's illegal.

They have methadone clinics not kratom clinics.

Wtf. That's retarded.

>use drugs to achieve happiness
wew

That sucks. The federal drug classifications don't make sense at all. They are probably only doing this to benefit the pharmaceutical corporations.

dingdingding

Some of us can't be happy in our current situation but can't just leave it due to grinding for our individual futures. Since leaving isn't an option some people turn to medication from a lab I chose medication from the ground

Bump

I prefer kratom over pot but they complement each other well. Pot makes me lazy whereas kratom motivates. It's a god damn shame the powers that be put kratom in their sights but it was bound to happen considering the benifets and cheap price.

No, that's not true. Look at the LSD ban. Those same pharmaceutical corporations were the ones making the LSD. If it was about punting money to big business, you'd have all the LSD you like.

I suspect this is more about ensuring pleasure is only obtainable via co-operating with the capitalist system and making sure that the drones turn up to the factory on time.

There are ketamine clinics you can go to at least but that is more for depression. At least that is still around but that is different.

I usually see it explained as it's a mind opening substance and that substance may make people question the establishment more so they see it as a great threat.

LSD was banned because it was a way to crack down on hippies and other malcontents. If a few pharma porkies get in the way of the entire system, well, they're just going to have to find a way to deal with it.

In this case though it seems like they're cracking down because it's becoming a somewhat popular alternative treatment for depression and anxiety and it's cheap and unregulated.

No no no. It's very popular amoung people that are trying to get off heroin. Banning kratom is going to worsen the current fentanyl/overdose crisis, which serves to legitimize the DEA and the war on drugs in general.

There are so many places that should be bombed it's hard to keep track of them all. Fuck the DEA.

whelp im fucked. thanks DEA

What's your ailment?

Yes. Did you miss that the hippie movement rejected the endless acquisition of material objects, so were not co-operating with the capitalist system?

before kratom id take xanax to deal with panic attacks and lexapro for depression. it helps way more for both but it looks like im going to have to vist my pharmacist again

Scorpio

Kratom does seem about as dangerous as marijuana. They probably belong in the same classification. :^)

Bombs are too indiscriminate. Give DEA agents some mild hallucinogens and torture their children in front of them.

No? I was kind of exactly pointing that out.

Why were you "pointing out" something that had already been stated?

Protestant temperance ideology has been suppressing altered states for ~500 years.

At very least, we should be free to use whatever grows in the environment.

how about enlightenment

Enough use of psychoactives/psychedelics will eventually alienate you completely from the system and make you counterproductive to todays prevailing ideology. This makes you a nuisance at least and a threat at worst.

Go back to your books.

What I'm trying to say is, smoke weed every day and may gain more revolutionary potential if you're smart enough and not a complete waste of life.

Why so salty user

Have you finished wasting everyone's time yet?

I don't see there being a specific point to this thread, so what exactly are you looking for?

Do you converse like this with everyone you interact with? Seems tedious, but maybe I'm not autistic enough to be on your level.