What went wrong? And where?

What went wrong? And where?

Will there ever be another high budget dino franchise that isn't King Kong/Godzilla reboots? Could Tera Nova have been saved?

After Speilberg left they didn't get a good director

Because it was a mediocre story and had a mediocre director

TRUMPF BTFO

It's all about the Logo.

Jurassic Park was the peak, nowhere else but down from there. Plus you can't keep telling the same story without it getting tiresome. Maybe trade Dinos for something else at least.

Just go all out dystonia. Dinosaurs take over the Earth. Small group of survivors try to travel to North Korea to active the only remaining nukes to destroy the dinosaurs once again.

dinos had feathers, these movies should be destroyed since their anti-science propaganda just like passion of the christ.

Someone post the raptor-penis bone copypasta.

NO think about it.. what if it turned out all the movies were actually set a millions of years ago so when dinosaurs take over its actually the dinosaur age irl? And only two humans survive and they are named ADAM and EVE and they decide to name this planet "Earth"

Spinosaurus has been removed from the logo on recent JP3 releases. What did Universal mean by this?

Lost World is a better movie.

The the premise doesn't really leave any room for a sequel that doesn't feel lazy or contrived.

It was never good tbh. The first movie doesn't do the book justice even though it's kinda funny on its own.

feathercucks go home

I never said it wasn't, good taste user

Ive only seen 1 and lost world and thought they were both garbage, there are just way to many stupid parts in each film.

t. feathercuck

Even the logo got shittier.

first one is good and makes for a good Rifftrax with Weird Al guest starring. the other movies never had great casts like the first one, that's why they failed in my eyes.

I don't understand why people were upset about no feathers in JW. Apart from it looking stupid, it makes no sense canonically. Why would the raptors suddenly have a coat of feathers when they didn't before?

Jesus fucking Christ kill yourself immediately pleb

As the evolutionary mythology of dinosaurs has progressed the propaganda about them must be kept dogmatically pure.

Because faggots thinks a made-up story of dinosaurs coming back into life has to be set in some kind of reality.

I remember when my bro's friend hyped up JP so much talking about the genetically modified super dinosaur thingy. That was back when I had passion, back before 10 years of depression, drugs and laziness rotted my brain and tore my life from me. Early 2000s was objectively the best time in human civilisation.

Like Ghostbusters

In the original book the Dinosaurs were restored using frog DNA, a specific kind of frog that can only see movement, hence that particular plot device in the movie. The same explanation could have been used to account for the lack of feathers.

They were genetically modified then? Also, drugs and depression are kike memes. Stop falling for them.

But it doesn't. Probably because syfy makes a copied it's style, or you're just autistic.

liberalism

all the hippy nonsense and anti-gun shit

let's remember that the book had raptors turned into red mist by rocket launchers

No, user is right. I remember watching this in the theater and getting a very direct-to-vhs vibe from it. Just look at the cgi during the plane and boat rides and compare it with shots from the earlier movies. JP/// was literally a B-movie.

They changed the setting into a dark and lush forest instead of the open fields rich of sunlight we see in JP1 and 2. There's nothing wrong with the CGI.

just stop user. your defense of this lackluster movie is embarrassing.

bump

test

What went wrong is they weren't loyal enough to the book ( the first one ) which was better than all 4 cash grab movies and that they used jews who go out of their way to ruin things.

How's the weather in tel aviv chaim?

CGI is fine in limited use but there are two ways it really goes wrong
Some of the broomstick scenes from the first (((harry potter))) movie is a good example of this
The hobbit movies are an example of this, they look like PC games

The first two JP movies made a good balance of CGI and models/props. Also the first two JP movies had a safari/naturalism theme, whereas the others focus too much on horror

3 was pretty horrifying though

parent's having their kid stuck on a dinosaur infested island with no way of knowing if he's alive

alan grant with ptsd dragged to the island under false pretenses

the totally inept mercenary crew that had no clue what they were getting into

the abandoned labs and vehicles, and the dinosaur that kills the main threat from the previous movies in less than a minute

It would be scary to live through but it's not a good "horror movie."

Wait, I don't get it, why did they call this film "Jurassic Park Scratch Mark Scratch Mark Scratch Mark"?

When I was a kid a friend and I were coming up with an idea for Jurassic Park 4. Basically the dinosaurs would spread across the world and some disease would outbreak since that comes with the dinosaurs and people would die from it so they have to fight the dinosaurs. One of the main dinosaur villains would be either Carnotaurus or Giganotosaurus.

no, 3 was shit, stop being a contrarian faggot

Is this supposed to be an analogy of how the franchise keeps sinking lower and lower with each installment?

bumping

One of 3's biggest flaws is that it kept harping over muh islands, rather than setting it on the mainland with another batch of cloned dinosaurs by another company. Dragging the audience back to the islands is stupid, I hope the fallen kingdom is at least set elsewhere. TLW should have been the last movie set there

I mean, let's be real. All the JP movies are okay at least.

JP is obviously the best, followed by LW and JW and then JP3.

But there's nothing so bad about any of them that they're unwatchable, I mean, it's not like they're ST:D or something disgusting like that.

Michael Crichton died after film 2 so they had to settle for uncreative hollywood slob scriptwriters.

Dinosaurs were animals, not horror movie monsters.
Also this does not look dumb

totally agree with you guys
now let's enjoy some actual scientifically accurate dinokino

JW in unwatchable

phylogenetically speaking birds ARE reptiles.

that's like saying we are monkeys because we descend from them

Paraphylitic groups have no use outside of ecological grade. "Monkey" is a classification left over from the old linnean system. Monkeys are a social construct

filming more than the first one
when it didn't end with the first one

They weren't even real dinosaurs. They were monsters that got made from broken dino dna that got filled in by frog dna.

Africa? You could film a scene were some aquatic dinos got free and terrorize a village downstream. It would be similar to some of the baby raptors escaping from captivity in jp1.

He did get coerced into writting the lost world, which is why it was weaker than jp1.

Planet of the apes: dinosaur edition?

Friendly reminder that originally Jurassic park 4 was going to have half-human-half-dinosaur hybrid super soldiers

k, so it's a retarded classification according to which we are all unicellular life forms

But Jurassic Park is a horror movieā€¦.
it does though

what would you swap the dinos with?

jurassic world is shittier than the force awakens, and that takes a lot of effort.