Captain Marvel concept art revealed

Seriously, can you name one villain that Carol Danvers fights regularly? You know what they say about heroes with the best rogues gallery. How can Marvel even pretend this character is their Wonder Woman? She was better off as a objectified cheesecake fodder.

Is that official?
Tumblr won't be happy about those curves. oh my.
Now they just gotta give her long hair and a big cleavage spot in her uniform and we'll all be hunkey fuckin dorey.

She mostly fought other people's villains, AIM, MODOK, Scorpion, Doomsday Man, Grotesk, Sabretooth, etc.
She did have The Destructor, and Deathbird and Mystique were hers before X-Men stole them.
Actually she fought Deathbird and Mystique a LOT. I guess they count, but they're more a part of the X-Men franchise now.

I don't think this art is official. I think OP found one of the few good fan arts they could make this character appealing.

Rest assured the real actress probably doesn't have curves like that

They won't have to be angry, since Brie Larson has a skinny body of a generic starlet. She can look good - she pulled off leggy blonde girl look in Scott Pilgrim - but not as good as the OP's image.

Besides, OP's pic is not even official. It looks like a drawing based off of one of figurines that Marvel is selling. Official images were revealed on Comic Con, and some people managed to make poor quality video recordings and photos.

looks like they are giving her longer hair.

Well at least they won't do the stupid helmet.

I was gonna mention the Brood but she was with the X men when that happened.

Way worse looking than the statue. Least costume wise. The hair is better in the first look pic. Still so shit though. If they wanted a female led Marvel movie, why didn't they just do something with Widow?

ScarJo is too busy or expensive

Well, I'm glad they're getting rid of her ugly dyke haircut.

yes

I would've preferred She Hulk.

They could've never have done her. Even if they did, you know they would've changed her completely for the sake of feminism.

true a man can dream though.

Tbh she look better with longer hair but I think they need to make it look prettier.

Do we know the rights for that? Besides Marvel would just make her a TV character

You wanna turn her in Giorno Giovanna?

Widow is a secret agent, she doesn't work like a normal superheroine like Wonder Woman and Supergirl would. She is also too grey of a character to serve as an actual role model.

Universal holds her rights. They are also the ones preventing the Hulk solo movie from being made and they can't even use any related characters.

If they can make a series about Punisher, they can patchwork something with Widow. Basically just make a James Bond movie with her. It's super simple.

Y'know the funny thing about a Black Widow movie. I think it could work if you had her fighting Yelena. Its also funny since Scar Jo would've made a better Yelena than Natasha.

What's more feminist than a whore that fucks every man that comes by and then asks why double standards means she's branded a whore?

Making She-Hulk an allegory for PTSD because of cousin death and coma. Complete with triggers and lots of talking in coffee shops and park benches with cups of coffee.

That look so unfeminine. The hairstyle look like this.

God that comic was so boring. The premise had promise but the execution is so dull.

Well he is a guy.

Because even Marvel movie executives know Black Widow is boring as shit and no one actually wants to watch her.

kill yourself

Its not that making a Black Widow movie is hard, the problem is that she wouldn't work as a empowering role model for Marvel like Wonder Woman is for DC Comics. The character is too adult for a family-friendly company with what being an assassin and a spy, and doesn't represent any obvious virtues like equality like Wonder Woman does.

That is ironic too because ScarJo is blonde in Infinity War just like Yelena.

To be fair, most of Wonder Woman's rogues gallery is both obscure and shitty. It's not like being their Wonder Woman would be all that great.

God. They can't even be bothered to look like the characters any more either

People always make fun of characters' rogue gallery, but do ANY heroes have solid rogue's gallery other than Batman and Superman? Other characters have at the most, 1 or 2 decent-ish villains that can be considered theirs. Bats and Superman are the only heroes I can think of with a literal "Rogues Gallery"

Spiderman's Rouges Gallery is quite large.

Wonder Woman got like three villains: Ares, Circe and Cheetah. And normalfags can't even name them (maybe Ares because he appeared in the movie and he is a Greek mythology character).

I can't even name any Carol villains besides Moonstone. The irony is that Mystique was also her supervillain before the X-Men stole her.

Spider-Man has the best rogues gallery, maybe even better than Superman's.

The X-Men are also pretty varied, because they don't fight just against racial supremacists, but aliens and demonic threats from time to time.

Spider-Man's rogues gallery is better than Superman's

Spiderman has a solid rogues gallery.
Green Lantern also used to have a solid rogues gallery before they made him "space man of space".
Also it goes without saying that the Flash has good rogues.

A truly good hero needs a memorable rogues gallery. You can be a good character without one, but to be timeless you need that level of memorable supporting cast and villains. Even the Punisher has his own set of villains, what the fuck does Carol have?

That's a weird way to say Flash.

Who does Flash have other than Captain Cold and Mirror Master?

You can't have your set of recurring villains if you kill all of them.

Pic related

I forgot about the three different versions of "Flash, but evil" they have

There is still plenty of memorable ones like Jigsaw, Barracuda, The Russian, and the like.

Weather Wizard, Heatwave, Pied Piper, Golden Glider, Professor Zoom, Abra Kadabra. You could even go for Gorilla Grodd. They're pretty memorable except for Glider and Piper.

Moonstone is literally the true villain Carol had and she is practically a evil version of her, so nothing ground-breaking.

The MCU and the CW TV Shows realy need to take the chance to try and create their own original villains for all these B-listers and maybe make them less shit in doing so.

I forgot that Flash has dibs on basically every single "kooky" villain in DC's lineup

That's because he's fun.

Batman has plenty of kooky villains, but they mostly get brought up as jokes or through super duper edgy versions.

No real southern belle will happen in our lifetime

That would be almost asking them to create original IPs

No. It's ok, but too many of them are just evil scientist variations who wear green suits. It's alright, but X-Men, Fantastic Four, and arguably Daredevil (although his and Spider-Man's overlap) have better rogues as far as Marvel goes. Still, DC characters like Flash, Batman, and Supes are far ahead of any Marvel hero in terms of great rogues.

Actually, what was the last time when there was a burst of creativity in big two? 90s is probably the last period when I remember brand new stuff was being made, and some of it stood the test of time.
Other than that, it would probably be early 2000s. Marvel did something interesting with their cosmic stuff and, but it was not niche even among comic book readers, and Bendis undid it all. DC also had new lantern corps emerge, but it was hit and miss, and only red and yellow ones seem to have caught on. Without these two incidents that just reused and expanded upon older stuff, industry basically stagnated for about 20 years now.

Wonder Woman has a lot of villains, they're just underused these days, like Dr. Poison, Angle Man, Dr. Psycho, Baroness von Gunther, Dr. Cyber, Giganta, Silver Swan, Hercules, Egg Fu.
Plus a lot of these are guile villains, and writers these days are hard pressed to write a story that isn't just a big fight.

Flash AFAIK was the trope namer for a "rogue's gallery". I mean his villains were so classy they were an unofficial team of their own and often did jobs together.
Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, Heatwave, Trickster and Mirror Master. I think Reverse-Flash was too much of a psycho to run with the Rogues. He'd have eliminated them after one job.

Who did Punisher ever not kill? He killed Barracuda, he killed The Russian, did he ever kill Jigsaw? Kingpin got a free pass because he's Daredevil's guy.

Lol, so THAT'S what Norman did with the terrible 70's Ms. Marvel costume after he confiscated it off Ms. Muslim.

Has Carol ever had it out with Mystique for murdering her fiancee? That was a huge thing that was never resolved. Mystique literally beat the poor man to death with her bare hands while wearing Carol's face.

Well, they look fine otherwise I guess

Cheetah sucks

The point isn't that WW doesn't have a lot of villains, it's that she doesn't have any good ones.

That's the Emily Geiger hairstyle only with a ponytail instead of twintails.

Why are they pushing a Captain Marvel movie? Does Carol have enough of a normalfag fanbase to even warrant it? Hell would Mar-Vell even have enough recognition to bother with a movie?

Marvel/Disney learned the wrong lesson from Guardians of the Galaxy's success. They think if they make a movie, the fanbase will come. The quality of the source material matters, and none of Carol Danvers' source material is worth a damn.

Same thing with Ant-Man. They now think they can do no wrong.

No. But Marvel/Disney can clearly see that sequels don't work out nearly as well as a new hero, and they've proven with GotG and Ant-Man that the heroes no one has heard of before can still get people into the theaters.

only super nerds read the Flash

People went into theaters to see Ant-Man?

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to be a fucking retard and be incapable of comprehending what people like

Why are you so mad?

I'm pretty sure that user just doesn't keep up with the latest butchered capeshit that is spoonfed to Normalfags on a yearly basis.

Even then, the default assumption for any new Marvel movie is "New records were set." No one on earth should be dumb enough to be surprised that it sold tickets.

You're autistic. I was sarcastically shitting on a movie that nobody (except you) actually cares about, even if they did see it.

It's enough when they take obscure bad guys and use them well. Season 3 of Flash's bad guy is The Thinker, an obscure Jay Garrick rogue, which has serious promise.

welcome to Holla Forums, the touchiest and more insecure board on all of Holla Forums

Really, for how little Power Pack gets used they had 3 different rogues that were all very well done.

Note that all 3 of them actually resolved their storyline by the end. They also have some pretty good one-shot baddies and did really cool things with crossover baddies.

Fuck you if you don't think Egg Fu is the tightest shit.

I think Blade proved you can spin gold out of shit, but you need the right team.

muh dik

Eh I like how Arrow began using some obscure characters as villains like Vigilante and Prometheus.

Kamala never had it because she didn't exist back then. Norman took it from Ultragirl, an obscure 90's Kree heroine Carol gave the costume to in The Initiative.

You're kinda late on that user.

I dunno, I think a movie where Egg Fu is the bad guy would go over great in China

looks like shit
skinny as fuck and generic medium length hair (give me the dyke cut over that) makes her look totally weak and pathetic

How can you be the evil version of something evil like Carol?

They'll just pull a cap

Was she any good?

another low test beta faggot

jesus these boards are full of em

I keep getting her mixed up with Plasmer.
And I get Plasmer mixed up with Hell's Angel.

Hey Holla Forums

Marvel might see it as:

For comparison there still isn't a Hawkeye solo film, so even a male non superpower using character (that's not Iron Man) doesn't seem to interest them.

Funnily enough her being pregnant is why BW was imprisoned during most of A2:AoU. As in the part of the movie story that all the Twitter SJW's complained about her being "damselled" and ending up driving Joss Whedon off Twitter for a while was just the physical reproductive side effect of a actress (married I assume) being a healthy fertile woman bringing a child into the world.
Natalie Portman's very brief photo cameo mention in the first Avengers movie was also the result of her being pregnant at the time of filming, so it's not even the first time it's happened for Marvel Studio's.

Why do I now want a comic of just Reverse Flash spying, planning and acting also those incidents on past Barry?

Friendly reminder that the CW show actually have Thawne exclaim, "It was ME, BARRY"

Didn't Marvel U.K. get sued by the Hell's Angels and have to change her name to Dark Angel?

She caused a civil war and yet she isn't charged for ignited a war.

They did the same thing Tony did the first time, only in CWII he was right all along.

Video?

Both scenarios were bad.

I looked on jewtube but the only videos showing the line are heavily edited meme attemps, and I can't in good conscience link them.

you seem to be a little confused user

no, i'm more sure than I've ever been

Both of them should be charged for putting the people in danger. There's a lot of damages so people aren't too pleased with them.

Come out to your parents already, not us.

How come they didn't charge CM and Ironman for causing the civil war?

Presumably because Carol is friends with the Inhumans who are indirectly responsible for the Civil War too since their stupid terrigen cloud made Ulysses in the first place and the US government knows better to not fuck with a super-powered race of xenophobes living right next to their door. If they had charged CM, they'd have to charge the Inhumans too.

And since Tony slipped into a coma, there was probably no point in charging him.

They're pushing to make Carol the Marvel equivalent of Superman.

I think you mean Mar'vell, user. DC won the right to use the title 'Captain Marvel' for their Billy Batson movie.

I think this because I have to. Because the idea of a Carol Danvers movie cannot enter my brain.

most people would say the same about Iron Man.
and now you have a glimpse of what the movie will be, since they will give it the Iron Man treatment. it'll be mainly about her, what she represents, and they'll probably give her some throwaway quest related to her origin story.

so now you can guess what they will want her character to "represent."

Is Disney really that arrogant that they're already going for the SJW bullshit that damaged Marvel's comic sales?

No, they're just trying to make movies about the lesser known heroes, because they're hoping to hit another really popular series to make, like Iron Man or GotG. They don't know how to make stories not based off the comics, so eventually you'll be watching the live action adventures of "Flexo the Rubber Man" and other z-list characters.

Good point, especially when considering that it all started with Blade.

The truth is that Marvel doesn't really care about Carol. They have her there because of the movies but they know that nothing they do with the movies will matter in the books. There's no point in reinventing or adding to the mythos because they'll throw it all away once the movies come by and do that. Her comic has never sold well and they know it won't get better but they know that a certain fan type is latching on to her for political reasons and they can't do anything drastic or it'll be bad publicity and they can't just outright cancel the comic either. So they hire first time writers and tell them to write a bland character with superficial flaws and make sure to not do anything too drastic so as to affect the world at large be cause no one will read it anyways so don't waste your genius ideas on her. And the story won't matter anyways because her character is too important in universe and the book will just get absorbed into the next event after 6 issues so none of your ideas will have a chance to develop into anything meaningful. That's why the last 2 runs have focused entirely on side characters instead of Carol.

Kevin Feige is literally ignoring everything about Carol post 2012 except for the name and costume and Marvel comics knows this. They know that scarlet witch and heck even lady Sif are more popular than Carol but they're too vain to even try doing anything with them due to movie rights even though Carol is doing what like 20,000 a month now and Gwenpool is outselling her. Theyre doing everyrhing to keep carol on like support but have no plans for her once she wakes up. They honestly haven't even given it thought since they know deep down it won't happen. Power girl is a solid b-lister and has a dedicated audience and they know it doesn't make any sense to mess around with her too much. They know she'll never replace Wonder Woman or Hawkgirl or even Supergirl and have fully accepted it.

More like they want her to be their Wonder Woman and the female face of Marvel, when in reality, she is Marvel's Power Girl. A female character that exists mostly as supporting for teams, with no memorable nemesis and known mostly for cheesecake material.

Considering they are hiring the same writers for the Tomb Raider movie, which will be cancerous since its based on the shitty 2013 reboot, we all know how that clusterfuck will be.

Not everyone is american, user. There are still some countries where short haired women aren't considered dykes.

Not that user, but while short hair =/= dykes since Power Girl has always been feminine despite having shorter hair, Carol's hair looks very manly.

I wouldn't say that the hair is to blame, what looks manly is her face which depends from the artist who draw her I suppose. Although I wouldn't call that manly, it's quite strong word in her case. For example, on pic related she rather looks like some kind of a trap, though her hair is quite different from the second pic in post where she looks more like a punk girl with a blond hair to me and where her hair much longer.
Changing her face to more feminine is all what really takes to make so she wouldn't look manly or like a faggot, in my opinion. Would prefer if she had something like Power Girl hair though, kind of like in the second pic in your post.

In fact, I think she mostly looks like a faggot because of her neck and her solders in this pic.

The difference is that what makes Power Girl look obviously female is her massive tits and she is generally known as the "hot one" among superheroines.

It rwally depends on the type of short hair.

That too, yeah. Carol can have that one as well with her short hair. Too bad she's in hands of faggots.

Of course, if Carol was drawn with Power Girl's hair she wouldn't like like a man so much. As user points out here this is straight up faggot hair.

Nah, man. This is a haircut for males only in that pic.

Weird I thought it was She Hulk though thats mostly due to the personalities being similar and cheesecake I guess.

That makes better sense. Carol is actually Marvel's Supergirl since her original name was Kara Danvers and if I recall correctly, she was created in response to Supergirl.

Wow what a punchable face.

Interesting, never heard about her being created as a response to Supergirl before.

I kind of covered this part, although if she had feminine features she still would look like a woman which is my main point. On your pic she looks like a trap mostly due to male features again, the hair comes the second. Speaking of which, was this pic made by the same fag?
I mean if you put long hair on a man it wouldn't magically make him look like a woman, see hideous trannies, vikings, metal fans, etc. You wouldn't fuck, say, Sabertooth despite him having long hair, would you?

Got any hard sources?

Actually Power Girl is similar to Carol Danvers in actually more than one way. Power Girl was also raped and impregnated by a supervillain and gave birth to Equinox, just like Ms. Marvel was raped by her own son to give birth to himself. Not many people remember this sort of thing and even less people remember the former case.

Supergirl's name was Kara Zor-El, her civilian name is Linda Danvers.

There is no proof that Ms. Marvel was explicitly based on Supergirl, but its too much of a coincidence the female versions of their supposedly flagship superheroes (Superman and Captain Marvel) share similar names and happen to be blonde.

Then everything is just rumor.

>Yes goyim its all just a (((rumor)))

Ms. Marvel was a thing for a good while.

Agreed.

She came after Supergirl though.