Why does this film's overwhelming success upset Holla Forums so much?

Why does this film's overwhelming success upset Holla Forums so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/09/22/it-celebrated-stephen-kings-birthday-by-breaking-a-few-box-office-records/?s=trending#d28a0d813657
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because BASED Stephen King btfoed their HUMPTFY DRUMPFTY

why do you make the same thread everyday?

this

Because it's the very definition of a pleb "scary" movie, jumpscare, spoopy clown rushing at the camera, cgi, loudness, and a soppy ending (muh power of friendship will beat the meany spoopy clown ^^). In fact it really shows the mediocrity of the original book yes.

Two words:
UNDERAGE GANGBANG

samefag

it doesn't find even a single instance of people being upset about it after the fact? You can't find anyone mad about it. It's false to say that

white cast
heterosexual relationships between white people
sexy loli girl
mostly men doing the work

the only complaint is that the movie was not scary at all and there was no sex scene

trump got his revenge with Dark Tower. IT promotes all of Trump's values. So while he may not like Trump his movie promotes Trump's america which is nice

murder, rape, exploitation, killing kids, pedoshit…actually true. good job user.

you were saying user?
PS don't bother responding. I already know you have no facts to back up your argument. And remember it's better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. If you can't say smart things that end up being true like Trump does don't bother saying stuff

pretty good parody of a brain-dead trump drone, 5/10

nice try Kevin Durant we already know about your alts

i find it funny that they legit had to just make up a rape case against Donald Trump because he was so wholesome as a person with no skeletons in the closet. I mean think about it. They literally MADE UP A RAPE CASE. And got Gloria whatsherface to represent a fake victim. That's like 4D chess up the ass.

It's success is undeserved, it's a mediocre movie filled with ham fisted jump scares, while it doesn't do anything outlandishly bad it doesn't do anything really well, Pennywises transformations are probably the best thing after Bev cunnyton.

If you desire to sit in a darkened room and watch simulated child torture you're degenerate.

Where is underage gangbang?

>hey guys why are you (((((upset))))) this shit movie is being called good
HUR HUR HUR HUR HUR

This is the first thread I'm seeing about it tho
Why would anyone here be upset a mediocre movie made a shitload of money when we've all been watching capeshit rake in the dollary doos for a decade?
It's just routine at this point.

The only thing that would make that vid even more hilarious is if the guy laughing was CIA

chitty gang bang chitty gang bang
chitty gang bang chitty gang bang
Oh chitty chitty gang bang we love you
In a sewer we'll have sex too.
Oh Chitty chitty gang bang my fine four inch long friend.

Having a pedo as an antagonist is pedoshit?

remakes of recent movies are nostalgia bullshit, no one goes to see the movie because it's great but because muh nostalgia

It really is boomer-faggotry distilled into a pure soup of shit.

Because having a monk who spent decades of his life in silent contemplation, resisting all urge to sin wield holy power is far too elitist it has to be the lowest common denominator that does the job, because requiring effort and real force of will is unfair.

Actual standards are anathema always take the most luke warm position possible. All the heroes are a generic libtards vision of the everyman lacking real convictions or strong opinions, children of course lack and knowledge and thus cannot offend but you see this in adult protagonists.

That's right secretly all those rightwi-erm I mean monsters are just banal, no insurmountable lovecraftian gods or machinations of demons far more powerful and knowledgeable than any man can ever hope to be. The victory of the faggy boomer "good guys" is always assured thus tension is absent.

'It' Is Now The Highest-Grossing R-Rated Horror Movie Ever

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/09/22/it-celebrated-stephen-kings-birthday-by-breaking-a-few-box-office-records/?s=trending#d28a0d813657

Okay but now adjust for inflation

Holla Forums is filled with spiteful failures who reflexively hate anything and anyone successful.

Not really. The book was all about magick and psy-ops, essentially. The movie throws all that away and turns it into dogshit.

I am in my early 30s so I remember when were still making new Stephen King movies and watching all the 80s and 90s originals growing up.

I only saw IT a year or two ago, watched the whole video set. It was fucking retarded. One of the worst.

This is obviously a cash in on 'creepy clown' cliche as well as Stranger Things (which also sucks ass) and generalized 80s circle jerk. I think you have to lack discernment and background in the genre in order to enjoy it cause, if you are a fan of the genre and famliiar with it, you can see what it's trying to do and why it's fake and repetitious. Those who like it are poseurs latching onto a trendy 80s nostalgia circlejerk without actually having a deeper interest beyond riding a fad

checked

why haven't I heard spoopy before…

I just saw this. It was pretty mediocre.

I guess the only thing had going for it was 10 year old kids doing the impression of South Park by cussing like Drill Sergeants non-stop. So edgy.

Because like spidget spinners, it kind of appeared out of nowhere but has somehow gained so much traction in pop culture. It doesn't succeed in being a scary movie and it doesn't' succeed in being a particularly compelling story. There was a strong disconnect I felt after having seen compared with how it was embraced by, I guess, the younger crowd. So any feelings of discomfort come from me just not understanding the fascination. Le spoopy clowns? Does it go back to the clown sightings that were a plague on youtube?

This too.

But that's good user.

The whole point of It is cashing boomer nostalgia while the idiots last.