Why was there a President Schwarzenegger in the Simpsons instead of a President Wolfcastle...

Why was there a President Schwarzenegger in the Simpsons instead of a President Wolfcastle? Why did they defy their own canon? It doesn't make sense, there were two Austrian moviestars around at the same time, was one of them a copycat of the other? What were they thinking?

Celebrity cameos are easier than jokes.

This was the movie, wasn't it? They probably did it to appeal to the casual who, somehow, escaped watching The Simpsons before the movie, and wanted the joke to be understood by everyone.

I mean, the joke is pretty fucking simple, but so are the masses.

wait, are we talking about the movie? i remember the president was wolfcastle in that one

Nah, I remember seeing it in cinemas with the family. It was Arnold and I remember that clearly as my brother idolised Arnie and loved the movie because of that scene alone.

In the Radioactive Man movie episode, which has Wolfcastle, they mention Schwarzenegger.

Why was there a Sneed's Pot Palace in the Simpsons instead of a Sneed's Feed and Seed? Why did they defy their own canon? It doesn't make sense, did Sneed own two stores at the same time, was one of them a copycat of the other? What were they thinking?

What is your brother's opinion on fucking elderly Puerto Rican maids and raising a mulatto son in secret?

He's into weird shit, so probably a 'yes' from him.

WHAT THE FUCK GUYS I COULD HAVE SWORN
THIS IS SOME MANDELA EFFECT BULLSHIT RIGHT HERE

He was the governor of cali in that time.
The authors of the Simpsons are located in commiefornia.
He was pretty ineffective.
Do the math.

Funny OP, I just rewatched the Simpsons movie for the first time since it was in theaters the other day and i've been pondering this very same question.

fake news, it has originated right here
you post like a faggot

But Wolfcastle is already the standin for Arnold. When you want to make an Arnold joke, you use Wolfcastle. That's the purpose of the character.

Mandela effect is reddit-cancer for faggots that have poor memory and allow their thoughts and decisions to be decided by other retards.

Someone who not only has never seen The Simpsons and goes to see the movie anyway, but can't recognise a blatant Arnold impersonation when they see one?

that's what i thought up until i read this thread

who has never seen the simpsons, exactly?

The Amish?

You obviously came from the Berenstein universe.

He's exactly as rich and as famous as Arnold Schwarzenegger and he looks just like him too. It's funnier to have just have Schwarzenegger, a real celebrity, as president. Nothing about RC would make the joke work better. The whole situation makes me think of Drumpf's election, it's a really prophetic movie.

But Wolfcastle was the Arnold of the Simpsons universe up to that point. It's the same joke either way, but you're opting against using an established and well liked Simpsons character for no real reason.

Standalone movie for a wider audience

again, how can you get a 'wider audience' than the show? literally everyone has seen it

Even then. It's an Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonation. Who wouldn't get that?

That movie was too little too late. Opening with Greenday was cliche to an agonizing degree.

More people recognize Swarzes negger

Everyone watched the simpsons, period
t. non-burger

Even assuming that people haven't seen The Simpsons (they have. It has a fucking Arabic dub). Wolfcastle is a blatant Schwarzenegger caricature. No one isn't going to get that.

except people who don't know who Schwarzeneger is

Then the joke doesn't work on any level.

BRONALD ZRUMPF BTFO

Everyone knows who Schwarzenegger is, just like everyone knows the Simpsons
Yes, even outside the US, your cancerous pop culture has poisoned virtually every country on earth
There is no excuse

Apparently they didn't want to use Dubya because it would date the movie. And because they're hacks and it was a shit movie

Referencing Schwarzenegger's brief stint in politics doesn't date it just as much?

Are you kidding me? it's more relevant than ever now

What? So he rather a aids-ridden husk of a country then a super power that promotes its own special culture?

I have my qualms with Trump, but you have to wonder if some of these people even know what they're criticising. It's like they have this very simplistic image in their heads of a bumbling Disney villain, and that's what they think reality actually is. Not that people and situations are complex and nuanced. Everything can be summed up in a line or two. "He's good", "He's smart", "He's dumb", "He's a Nazi".

Simpsons exists in the same universe as The Critic, so yes, Schwarzenegger is canon.

They just parrot whatever the jewtube tells thems to.

It's almost like they're sheep who believe whatever they're told by the media.

the media is overwhelmingly pro-trump, classcuck