Daily reminder that this never actually took place in the course of the season. Why do you think that is?

Daily reminder that this never actually took place in the course of the season. Why do you think that is?

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/3/10/14881920/samurai-jack-season-five-genndy-tartakovsky-cartoon-network-adult-swim
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Concept art or considering the show was originally 12 episodes and not 10 it was cut for budgeting.

Ad

This is the most likely scenario. It's such a shame we lost those two episodes, they could have easily given the season the space it needed to take the conclusion from "alright" to "excellent."

But where would you even place it?
In the show Jack grew his beard after he has lost his sword, and when he recovered it he lost his beard(that scene was stupid). Unless initially they planned on keeping Jack's beard after he got his sword back.

My guess was that, initially, Jack was going to keep the beard for a small time before getting the sword back. Having him shave afterwards would have been a little less stupid than the deities of the world doing it for him.

That makes sense.

What if when he first found the sword physically, he could not wield its magic power until after going through the cleansing ritual shown in the show? Like the sword didn't trust him, it's already been shown that the sword literally cannot do harm if it is being used for the wrong purposes.

Well then, the sword wouldn't be covered in blood.

WHAT
WHY DID THEY CUT IT IT WOULD HAVE FIXED SO MANY ISSUES WITH THE FINAL SEASON WHAT THE FUCK

because we needed MULAN MCNUGGETS SAUCE LMAO

Samurai Jack: the Wasted Potential

How does time-travel work again?

By the law of convenience to the plot. They also cut fucking Morpheus because it was convenient to the budget.

Adult Swim budget I would think. You can tell that it really needed those extra 2 episodes to smooth out the roughness of the pace, especially for that last episode which should had been a one hour special instead of it all being condensed into one episode.

Not sure how they'd fix Ashi though. She was central to the story yet she wasted a lot of the episodes allotted time which could have been used for something important if they were now reduced to 10 instead of the initial 12 episodes. Also, losing the sword because it fell into a pit was just dumb writing. It didn't seem like he tried to retrieve it immediately after that happen. There were some spotty execution moments that didn't last long enough to warrant the resolution it got.

Good that it got an ending but it ends way short of the masterpiece it could have been given the long period of time it took to get this final season.

Im happy it got an end but it could have been way better. Those first few episodes though were awesome.

Gennedy took too long to finish and didn't know
where he was going. The series has an atmosphere of being rushed and directionless. The standards have lowered enough thanks to shows like Legend of Korra that a show like NuSJ can get praised how it does.

Ashi took up way too much…

I almost would have preferred if they just didn't have Aku speak at all.

Near the end yes, if they handled it better then it would have been different.

Greg Baldwin did a passable job as Iroh in the last season of Avatar. Someone assumed that because he did a decent job imitating Mako in one role, he could do it for all roles. Obviously, Aku is a much more bombastic performance from Mako that Iroh, and Baldwin failed to emulate that initial energy.

The way they handled it was fine except for the context of the season being rushed. It really drove home how bad shit was fucked.

theverge.com/2017/3/10/14881920/samurai-jack-season-five-genndy-tartakovsky-cartoon-network-adult-swim

Best way to fix the ending(even though I thought it was fine and liked it)
There's my idea
But honestly I still enjoyed it the way it was. I waited years for jack to get back to the past and he finally did

They could just watch old episodes of Samurai Jack for that.

Greg seemed good, maybe his voice was a bit deep.
Anyone tried pitching it up? I thought that might fix it a lot.

I feel like the content of the ending was plenty good, it was just too rushed for it's own good. That's not really Genndy's fault, and it was still a great ride. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get an extended edition blu-ray or something, I'd pay for that.

I thought the middle eps were flabby. Needed a good editor to focus the plot.

So why did Jack always close his eyes when doing major attacks? He always looks like he's a scared beta