Sausage Party

Remember when critics were lauding this thing as something revolutionary and the next step in animation and then it was promptly forgotten?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/CzjMP
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toon_Boom_Animation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Please don't remind us, people are still recovering from the ending scene.

Remember when anons tried to defend it saying that it will open up more opportunities for adult animation?

What is that ugly Jewish thing on the right? Some kind of kosher pastry?

Its an Arabic Lavash

It's good we got a M Rated 3d cartoon but the tryhard edgyness of the movie killed it all.

I remember it was like two or three anons saying that shit with everyone else either calling them retards or mocking them.

2D fags are going to be disappointed when MLP movie doesn't bring back traditional animation films

Watched it high as hell and still couldn't enjoy it.
Beating everyone over the head with the god/religion shit just got repetitive. And the animation was just shit.

Not worth treating the animators like shit?

That horse died a long time ago user.

Might help if I copied all the layers.

They should've cashed in on this in 2014, that well has run dry it seems. The only bronies still around are in it for the community it seems, it's probably gonna be one of those things like the LOTR fandom that is small and secluded but will never ultimately die.

I wonder how they feel now.

I've accepted the death of 2D a long time ago.

That happens all the time everywhere though.

Hey, it seemingly led to an adult muppet movie with Melissa McCarthy
archive.is/CzjMP

Toon Boom Harmony?
Sounds like a fly-by-night animation studio…

If only, I want lewd movies using art like pic related

Hey, it's better than having no hope at all.

It's an animation software that's kind of a high-end version of Flash

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toon_Boom_Animation

My friend from Boston visited me and a mutual friend from the mid-west. It was the first time we met in person, and it was great.

But the motherfucker dragged us to this film and I ended up seeing that shit in the theater. Not a good time.

If only. Adult animation is a meme for cussing and sex jokes which is pretty much what South Park is built upon and Sausage Party did not differently, except make it about food.

It always make me wonder why so many Americans think that adult animation equals lewd/sex humors and crass languages. I know I'm gonna get hate for this but anime pretty much nailed the mature audience segment with movies like Patlabor 2 and Tokyo Godfathers.

Gross out humor just appeals to a wider audience on a base level. "Serious" animation that doesn't utilize its medium for some kind of exaggeration (comedic or not) is functionally redundant (why not use live action?) and thus a hard sell in the eyes of financiers, distributors, and anybody who isn't an animation buff.

But user we technically still do on some conceptional level. Ralph Bakshi is still trying to make mature animated films, just last year he released 'Last Days of Coney Island' and when I say 'try' I mean the man is literally doing everything himself with little to no help with the animation. There's this Brazilian animation team trying to get funds to release some decent looking action science fiction fantasy film but I can't remember it's name, but there's this other Brazilian film called 'Way of the Giants' thats been ranking in various awards. France already puts out a couple decent serious films like 'Le jour des corneilles'. In terms of stop motion animation, its actually becoming a common thing. Just look at 'ANOMALISA' and anything made by Laika. Plus many people have already tried creating serious animated features but failed to due to lack of interest or poor advertising, hell there was this crime drama that stared Tom Hanks back in 2012 called 'The Electric City'. Had 11 minute episodes, semi-nudity, violence and an interactive app but failed because it was on Yahoo video.

I actually caught that on HBO around Christmas two years ago. Was one of the comfiest movie watching experiences I've ever had.

Yea but what about the yanks?

That's my point. While other countries are still in experimental or indie phase in Japan mature anime movies got proper distribution in mainstream cinemas and DVD/Digital distribution later on.

Meanwhile the so called "Mature cartoons" outside Japan had to rely on Film Festivals and limited cinema release (If they are lucky) or it went straight to DVD or Netflix. The exception perhaps the French animation industry, since they marching on their own pace. Compare this to American animation industry that's held by the big three (Disney, Nick, CN) with Discovery Kids trailing behind and short sporadic animations from youtube animators and most of the stuff they churned out are for younger demographics or "hurr durr adults"

I suppose the recent castlevania animation was nice, but it kind of needed more gore, more episodes, better writing and better music.

Last Days of Coney Island (2016) Laika and the Electric City (2012) are American. There was another one I forgot to mention but I don't remember.

I think there is a stigma that animation is a lower form of visual medium, inferior to life-action. That would also explain absurd ideas like life adaptations of material that was never meant to be in life-action like The Last Airbender or Dragonboall.

There is this idea that animation is a throwaway medium, something to put in front of the kids to keep them pacified for a while. Adult animation is treated the same, except it gets all the crap that life-action is too good for. No one would lower themself to act in a life-action movie that's just sex humors and crass lanuages, but animation is good enough for that.

Basically

You'd be surprised at how many actors worth a damn will star in low-brow comedies for an easy paycheck.

It's true. Because everyone in "adult" animation are nothing but impulsive children controlled by their vices and emotions. Promoting and enjoying them unironically instead of realizing they're terribly human beings.

user, make sure you don't tell everyone that he ends up fucking a tranny in an old truck at the end of the movie.

I think he fucks a bunch of trannies in the back of a truck.

I told you not to tell them.

Interesting character.

it's the jews

Literally every villain Nick Spencer creates.

Who?

The guy responsible for suddenly making Red Skull, a villain so foul that most want nothing to do with him, into a reasonable MAGA figure.

Oh, thanks.

I actually like some parts of that movie

Real shame.

I guess by "some parts" you mean the moments when your gf/wife gave you a blowjob as a reward for suffer through the movie for her enjoyment…

That things could have gone worse? As shit as the film was, it was financially successful and didn't completely bomb critically. Anyone attempting a better r-rated animation feature can at least can point to it and say "it worked for those guys". You don't need to go "hurr you said this would result in better adult animations well where are they, where are they?" like an impatient faggot.

Honestly there are so many stupid live action moves you could have posted there that it makes user's claim seem completely retarded.

The food poisoning scene.

Because when someone makes it good like Moral Orel, it never lasts. Amerifats are generally tasteless and like watching dumb shit on TV.

But I'm being too hard on the public. A lot of media is garbage and this can include adult animation. I've seen a few that weren't worth the film they're printed on. So I guess Moral Orel is an unlikely show not because it's for adults but because it's done so well.

isnt facebook enough for them?!

I don't.

I seen a clip of this and imagine this sort of thing would have been made in the Wiemar republic.

Hey Holla Forums

We are rapidly approaching Full Weimar, even after the election. Maybe especially after, as all the agenda-pushing goes from covert to over in a panicked rush to finish the job before people get sick enough to fight back.

I would have thought it'd have been made in the Wiener republic.

I remember like it was yesterday.