Why does this make me feel so sad? Why does it still hurt? Why can't I get over it?

Why does this make me feel so sad? Why does it still hurt? Why can't I get over it?

Because you or the rest of us will never sit next to a cute red head listening to music in synch under a bright blue sky while wearing fresh exercise clothes. Tis our fate.

>>>/a/

The red head's a cunt.

Good answer. So you agree blue head is superior?

No.

Fucking stop it already. Its been 22 years you fucking waifuniggers.

asuka is literally REDdit

Off you go.

What are you rambling about? Anno said his favorite is Asuka.

This whole fucking red v.s. blue shit is a meme.

But he hates otakus and the movie made that pretty clear. Also having a favorite character you made isn't the same as having a waifu.

Anno is a big otaku, he just doesn't like people in general.

Fine. If you want a serious response, pic related.

Hikari was too good for that cripple. Before being crippled he might've been good enough though. Fuck you Anno and your shitty self-insert (Shinji).

Shame she is a meh-looking Okinawa bitch. She'd act all nice and traditional but whe you get married she'll show her real degenerate and bitchy side, destroying your life when she forces you to work 22 hours a day just so she can afford her expensive clothes and jewelry that she only uses when she goes out to cheat on you.

Such is the pathetic existence of the Japanese salaryman who thought the country girl would make his life better.

Anno self-insert is Gendo. He was like him while making Evangelion and that's why he ragequit Gainax

The funny thing is that Hikari is a loser. In the End of Evangelion alternative world where Shinji and the Evas doesn't exist, Toji is fucking OL Asuka.

That sounds like most girls tbh.

Your interpiation is wrong as evidenced by this.
The video shows one of Shinji's intstermatality-created alternate-reality's. One where he doesn't exist. In the end we here a voice say "Auska…I'm not here" clearly meant too be Shinji. But this is not Shiji's voice we hear in the show. If I were too have a guess, It's Anno's voice as Shinji. Meaning that in writing Anno self-inserted as Shinji.

Sorry. The first link was unintentional.

It hurts because life and Anno are sons of bitches and it's not right.

That settles it then. Anno is a huge faggot.

Probably because you're a faggot who took babby's first anime way too seriously and has never gotten laid.

Remember that in the EoE during Gendo final moments, it is clear that he is what Shinji would become. Gendo is older Shinji. Anno is also fond of "muh Freud" so it's not far fetched to say he inserted himself as Shinji and Gendo.

Congratulations. You discovered that Water's wet

Shin Gojira

FUCKING CANCER

In highschool my crush a short red haired girl sat next to me on our french class trip to see some bullshit I completely forgot about. I didn't know what to talk about but I had my discman and she wanted to listen to what I was listening too. So we sat there, leaning into each other for two and a half hours listening to Jagged Little Pill.

Now that I am older and wiser I realize how much tail I could have got in highschool. Fuck my oblivious shit.

Nice reddit meme.

Gendo fucks.

No one has a problem with that, he is dislikable because he is a dick.

Anno got progressively more insane. The original series went the same way, started well enough then got weird and culminated with the biggest mindfuck in EoE.

I've never got why people refer to Eva as a "mindfuck". Yes the imagery is surreal, but the underlying message makes perfect sense too those who aren't retarded.

Because it's a well made anime that has the most depressing ending it possibly could've had. Shinji rebirths humanity, sets the Earth back to zero and it's all for naught as Shinji still hasn't grown as a human being and is still the same sad pathetic fuck he was in the beginning. Same with Asuka, the only character that actually changed somewhat was Rei.

Wrong. The ending is exactly about Shinji changing. He chose the ruined near-apocalyptic Earth, where he lost nearly every person he cares about over a fake, easy world. It did take until the very end, but he changed and got out of his shell.

Its a shame that Eva is wasted on low IQ weebs whose peak of discussion is MUH DICK.

that's all of them now.
they've somehow made discussing anything else about anime "uncool" on the chans.
Try to talk about anything else and it's
ENTRY LEVEL TRASH
and
SHONEN SHIT

Shinji didn't change at all though, he chose to rebuild the world and give everyone his life back but it didn'tchange anything since Asuka is still a bitch and he's still a beta wimp.

I still can't believe that the eva-fans are still fighting over Rei and Asuka. Both of them are mentally unstable so why fight over them? I meant would anyone date them if they are real in the world instead of in the our heads?

All things considered Evangelion was a pretty mediocre show and Rei is a pretty good waifu whilst Asuka is definitley the qt 3.14 jailbait slut that all anime shows need.

Rei seems good to hang around, se may be cold at first but she'd open up with time. Asuka is just a bitch all around.

But he did. The ending is directly about him changing. He says he'll be alright with the real world and is finally ready to step up in life. Again, he could have chosen an infinite time of infinite worlds, all different and perfect for him. The slice-of-life, waifubait section is a good example of a world he could have chosen. But he said no to all of that and chose the cold, hard reality.

Asuka's bitchiness would go away with time. Rei is out of the picture and there is no more EVA for her to show off with.

He would have use the god alike power to transform humanity into galactic teleporters to colonise the galaxy.

What would be the point? I don't think that's how the Instrumentality Project works anyway. Humanity would just be a big pool of liquid, each consciousness individual yet collective. The alternate reality you speak of would just be an illusion. That's why Shinji denied the false worlds and realities.

What a boring life for the people in the fake reality.

But if he changed that much, why didn't he strangle Asuka?

To find out if he's dreaming.

Exactly why Shinji rejected it.

That seems a questionable at best method of determining the status of reality. All of the illusion worlds followed a consistent internal logic from what we saw and presumably if you strangled a illusionary Asuka to death then the illusion would respond in a appropriate manner and simulate "death".

Eva is fucking shit.
Shinji is an unlikable whiny faggot and the series itself is a bad mecha show.

It never really was a mecha show or about the mechs but too many people didn't get that and it gets treated as one, also badly influencing the mecha genre as a whole.

It was never about the mecha.

It had to market itself with the mechs, who the fuck would have watched an anime drama about a teenage kid otherwise?

Presumably the same audience that read manga and watch anime that deal with similar genre conventions and themes.

Shinji is not bright as Rei or Asuka. I wonder who bandaged the pregnant Asuka? Someone somehow managed to come back and fixed her but abandoned her when the person is done with her.

How would you find out if you're dreaming by doing something to someone else? Why wouldn't you just pinch yourself?

The bait and switch. You went in expecting some dumb fun mecha with waifus but you get one of the few anime that deal with characterization, emotions, dark themes, crazy imagery.

He got mindraped by the white girl so do you really expect him to be mentally well after everything?

IMO it was unfortunate and actively detrimental in many ways that Mecha was entwined to the story that Anno wrote. Practical considerations of audience outreach aside, the mecha elements really just muddied the waters almost terminally. Sure you can say "well he deconstructed Mecha well and tied that in with the actual psychological meat of the story" but pointing the inconsistencies and logical failings of a genre like Mecha is pretty equivalent to pointing out the same for something like Watchmen did with capeshit. They aren't settings that concern themselves with making sense and it's the literary equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel. I admit some bias against deconstructions in general which color my viewpoint. To me tearing down something is an inherently easier task than creation and you better do it right and with a worthy subject if you want my interest in it.

And did it all poorly and long after the genre was deconstructed by Go Nagai who was willing to play a story straight or go one esoteric rides depending on what was required. Hell Rahxephon did it after Eva and was better in every concievable way.

Pure spectacle. Anno himself admites there is no deeper meaning to the imagery than rules of cool. Any metaphors you find are the result of your confirmation bias finding something that agrees with your preconcieved notion.

Anno is a depressed moody self important fag any Eva was just his way to shit on the otaku he felt nothing but contempt for only for the dumb cattle(i.e. you, /a/, tumblr et al.) that liked this genre, only you were too stupid to see he was making fun of you the whole time.

Now suck my cock, dude.

holy shit weebs btfo

You want to see their hero get shit on go read Anno's wife's manga. He is a bumbling sadsack old emokid who walks around in his underwear trying to make pithy one liners because he is so creatively bankrupt the possibility of even conceivably saying something of merit about the human condition is so far beyond his abilities that it doesn't even register with him.

Don't forget that Eva is just a rip off of Space runaway Ideon that came out like 20 years before it.

22 years

The good thing about Rei is that she would never cheat on you.

That's Nadia you moron

Frankly I'm not convinced that Rei would necessarily have functional genitalia considering she was created out of scraps of Yui and EVA-01. Can't really see NERV going out of their way to insure that she had anything but the bare essentials to be passable as human to the uninitiated.

I know they look similar but were their personalities the same? I don't remember.

Eva without the Evas wouldn't make sense, it would be just a whinny faggot crying about daddy; Evangelion is a mecha show (which Anno is a big fan of), but of course their are not the only part of the whole thing that matters.

>>>Holla Forums

Not really, from the first episode the tone gets set, you have this whinny kid crying in fetal position like an autist, then the next episode starts with what could as well be a horror story when you have this "Angel" brutally breaking the Eva's arm and then perforating its skull, which all can be felt by this naive 14 year-old kid who just minutes ago just wanted to see his father.

Not him but what else would you call an anime that breaks common tropes/cliches?

I don't know, but definitely not deconstruction, that implies that you know all the intentions the author had.

WELL WELL WELL…

More like both copied off Rosemary's Baby

did you expect any less from the director and writer who ripped off Perfect Blue and won oscars for it?

Fuck off. Anno didn't deconstruct shit. It was just at the right place at the right time. 90s mecha was dominated by gundam and Yussha. He just happened to do some things slightly different and it blew up.

I bet they got it from somewhere else, some reference we're too uncultured to catch. Otherwise [email protected] literally Stranger Things-tier.

"Female" Shinji should 1) be male, but forced to take near-lethal levels of female hormones and 2) be beyond Jesse Pinkman end of season 5 levels of despair, too broken to even attempt killing himself and forced to suck dozens of cocks daily until he does it willingly while still being fully aware of how humiliating it is. All these cutesy shy schoolgirl drawings are NOT CANON.

/a/ has been allowed on Holla Forums since like forever.

Well not anymore it seems.
Can't you, idk, deal with it?