Civil War II

So do we have an idea how much of a failure this goddamn mess was for Marvel? Literally, everyone hated it, the most positive thing that I heard was that it was passible, but nowhere near as enjoyable or even thought-provoking as the original one was.

The first issue sold a lot, but every single entry sold less and less as it went along. They even had it extended just to try to gain a few more bucks. I heard some rumors that Bendis really regrets this event in private and he is demanding Marvel to get another chance to redeem himself, but I don't believe it, because that would mean him admitting a mistake.

Was (the real) Spider-man involved in this shit at all? I don't remember him choosing a side. And didn't the GOTG fight for Carol? For literally no reason?

He was neutral despite appearing on Carol's side in the covers. He never picked a side according to his own series, and while he appears here and there in the event, he has no significant role.

I remember one cover where Carol and Tony are about to hit each other while Spidey just facepalms in the middle of them.

Beyond some minor quibbling about registering vs. not officially registering, the first one was just as stupid as this one.

Also, I miss sexy, fun Carol, not this unpleasant, ugly turbo dyke.

How do we fix Carol?

Buy Marvel from Disney, fire every cuck writer there and replace them with 1488 Holla Forumsack writefags.

Turn her back into a woman.

Why would deadpool be on iron man's side anyways? Shouldn't he be neutral as well?

I dunno. There is meme potential in this shitfest

Wasn't Vision on Tony's side?

You're trying way too hard here.

I don't know, Carol was always a C-lister… I don't remember her having this much prominence until Marvel began trying to push her.

Problem 1: The central conflict is stupid. Ulysses's powers are shown to be inconsistent, inaccurate, entirely wrong, and at times unavoidable even when steps are made to stop them from coming true which makes Carol's idea to stop crime before it happens moronic.

Problem 2: Tony's grievance with this could be easily explained with the previous statement, but instead, he insists that Ulysses is biased and prejudiced and that it's just like racial profiling (something something… RACISM!!) Fun fact: Racial profiling actually does prevent crimes and lead to lawful arrests

Problem 3: The release schedule was so utterly fucked and disjointed that certain comics weren't being put out on time to tell the story sequentially, and others were released months in advance, spoiling that Tony "loses" the war and ends up dead.. except not dead, because he's just in a techno-coma and now his mind exists as a hologram to throw at Riri the Ironcunt, supervillain in the making.

Problem 4: Consequences? What consequences!? So Iron Man is out.. but not exactly out. Bruce Banner gets killed, even though he wasn't the Hulk anymore through an asspull that still doesn't make any sense. Came off as Marvel trying not to repeat their previous mistake by having the true hero whose name was stolen for some diversity hire still hanging around, like they did with Thor… and Ulysses is now a cosmic entity, which means fuckall and also makes no fucking sense. Additionally, now Carol doesn't even have the precognitive crime-predictor that caused her to kill her AA sponsor. GREAT WRITING MARVEL

Problem 5: Covering their tracks before anyone found them. Feels like Secret Empire started immediately after this, with no breathing room, and yet again, no consequences either. Given how fucked up Secret War made everything, there's no telling what the fuck is canon and what actually happened or who is alive and dead. As we saw in a recent issue of Champions, they're still going with numerous comics like everything is still the same.. and then all of the sudden, "Oh hey, remember that HYDRA took over and made the world into a Utopia and also how all the heroes were leading a small resistance force hiding in a secret base? REMEMBER HOW WE ESTABLISHED ALL THAT SEVERAL MONTHS AGO?!"

Problem 6: Everyone, even Marvel, wants to forget it. This is a storyline that would never make it to a video game, or cartoon, or even one of the movies. They shit the bed so hard that they shit in every bed in a 50 mile radius around them, and now they're trying their hardest to pretend it didn't happen.

Why does iron man look like that

Every new artist that works on Iron Man desperately wants to invent the iconic new design for him.

Granted, things did escalate out of control due to individual stupidity, but at least that was excused (for the most part) by the government putting pressure on the heroes. This event has no such excuse and people are just acting out stupidly for no reason.

Also, I miss sexy, fun Carol
Everyone does.

Mate, Carol did EVERYTHING wrong in this fucking event.

That is ballsy.

Marvel is literally bleeding the market dry with all of their shit.

BTW I want Tom Kenny to record that speech bubble. He's a comic nerd. He'd know about that shit.

I didn't know he was a comic nerd?

So I guess they decided to just say fuck it and give Ms. Marvel the exact same haircut as Starlord at the bottom there.

It's practically a copy paste

Reminder that Nu-Ironman is just Grey Fox.

You're leaving out that half way through the series the focus shifts from Ulysses to Miles, because Bendis has to shove his pet nigglet in everything. In the last 3 issues or so Ulysses is barely in the book until the final issue where he leaves and no one cares, even though this was all about him at the start.

Holy shit I never realized this.

It's a big enough failure that Marvel started hinting a hard cosmic cube reboot long before they started the event. This Secret Empire shit they are hardly doing right now is set up for a single reason: because it puts the cosmic cube back in the spotlight as the MacGuffin supreme… and where the Cosmic cube goes, the possibility for undoing several years of idiocy follows.

Not very ballsy. All that indirectly points to is there not being enough "diversity".

Wait, Secret War already happened?
I genuinely missed this

It annoys me that every event there's this "Macguffin that we need to control because it can rewrite reality!" but there's like 500 objects in the Marvel Universe that can do that so it's far less important than they make it seem.

Where do you get that impression? I am genuinely curious because to me it seems like he is complaining about capeshit saturation rather than race. Marvel is already diverse as hell.

At least Iron Man actually had an in-character reason for constantly changing up his design (he's regularlly tweaking and updating his armor). A lot of characters subjected to it just look schizophrenic.

Yo, I thought they were running Parallel with each-other.

Nah it was fine, but there was no real aftermath. Especially after seeing only residual resentment in World War Hulk.

>>>/a/

Is that you, reaction image autist?
Pretending to be retarded has never been an excuse.