Not a regular user but I figure this is worth sharing with you guys:

Not a regular user but I figure this is worth sharing with you guys:

I work at a chemical company and during our lunch breaks we have interns mail a bunch of things for us and take out our trash. They put their hours in and eventually get a real job, which they need because all of them are drowning in college debt (this much I know from interviewing them). Our janitors, who are Teamsters, are given a mandated 30 minute lunch break.

Anyway, today one of the interns, a 23 year old with $65k in debt from UCLA, bugged one of our janitors while he was eating and got into an enlargement with him. He got all up on his high horse, how his dad was some honcho at microsoft and that he went to the best school in the country and how he (the Teamster) needed to "learn his place". Thirty minutes later I get a call from his representative, and thirty-five minutes later I handed the kid his termination slip and told him that he had fucked with wrong employee and that he should take it as a lesson. He actually cried and begged me to keep him hired before I threatened to call the police if he didn't leave. He's now bitching about me on his facebook.

Moral of the story: Union membership counts. A faggot has a million times the strength than a single stick.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RPhK08t2KR0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's a cool story. Honestly made me smile. And yet more evidence of the toxicity of STEM culture.

kek'd hard at this, ngl

kinky

You mean there are still unions that are not corrupt to the bone?

… There is still hope?

Is Greece dead yet? How high is Alexis's kill count right now?

Liberals killed them all. Commies have noone left to kill.

If you were a manager, what would you rather deal with: one less intern for a week, or having all your janitors """"""accidentally""""" double park in front in front of your car right as their graveyard shift begins.

So, unions work on a smaller scale.. Makes sense…

But aren't the bourgies using the "you have a union, no need to create another" argument? Or is the central union decentrified enough?

Don't you have a pizza to deliver?

Kindly soothe your anus, autist. STEMfags are some of the most classcucked wannabe-capitalists in society.

I'll patiently be waiting for evidence for your claim.

Just look at silicone valley. That place runs on randian logic.

Try again.

Can confirm about STEM people being insufferable classcucks.

Source: 10 years working IT.

Being a liberal is nothing to be proud of, most STEMfags are Clinton-type 'awwee let the gays get married, it's 2016, but stay the fuck away from my money poorfag',

youtube.com/watch?v=RPhK08t2KR0

This made me smile.

Many people that study STEM get pumped with the whole entrepreneur success story crap of Bill Gates and Steve Jobs which don't mention how they got rich off the backs of hundreds and thousands of people who made actually brought up the ideas and made the idea work.
Also they get pumped with how much money they earn and how they are superior because they do so. They are insanely class-cucked and even though I'm studying for STEM, whenever someone starts spouting about how much we will earn or how we will chance the world I cringe inside knowing that soon the STEM meme will soon die (especially in IT) as tons of people are flooding the workforce in STEM and decreasing salaries.

wat

In America all Unions are AFL-CIO. Differences between individual Unions (like the SEIU, UTU and BLET) have to do with unique circumstances within each profession (example: the UTU encourage the use of electronic railroad signalling which eliminates conductor positions while BLET, who also organize conductors, do not. BLET also has a lot of pre-85/halloween agreement people on their payroll that require servicing). Then there's the SEIU which is a whole different ballgame as they do public employees.

But regardless, even if a company is only a partial Union shop (as is the case in right-to-work states) the Union employees can play games and fuck with the management just enough (again, """"accidentally"""" double parking is an easy and common tactic) where they will get what they want.

It's better than being a reactionary.

Yeah, and AIDs is better then pancreatic cancer, what of it?

That's like saying getting your arm broken is better than getting your cock cut off.

Except when it comes to housing or public transportation. Then there has to be committees on everything in every city and every minor change or new project has to be voted on, approved, appealed sued reapproved and revoted. And all the highways and roads have to be free and paid by the feds.

It's fucking bullshit, things would be so much better if they actually were libertarian and charged for everything. But between the housing situation and college debt, at least most people are getting fucked to the point where they are waking up.

Personally I at least find reactionaries to be less disingenuous

Also this is worth pontificating on. The railroad industry, for the past century, has been the poster child for automation. Over 100 years I'd say (conservatively) that 4/5ths of all railroad jobs have been eliminated. Better airbrakes mostly eliminated brakemen in the 1940s, the switch to diesel in the 1950s meant firemen were put out of work, and in the 1960s advancements in distributed-power (ie computerized train control) meant that less operators were needed. Before computerization, multiple units in a train were controlled by different people who either had to know (from trackside signs) or from radio when to speed up or slow down. After it, this can be done by a single engineer. Starting in the 1990s, electronic/computerized signalling has made the job of "conductor" mostly redundant.

As a result, this has led to a huge pissing match between the older BLET and the newer UTU. The former is "losing" though, in the sense that in '85 they inadvertently agreed that they would take cash outs (ie lump sum of money from the company. This is what the companies want as it's cheaper than retaining redundant workers) or retrain conductors to be operators s rather than try and fight for their jobs. For comparison, the ILWU fought tooth and nail against intermodal containers, which culminated in their unsuccessful 1971 strike. 90% of all non-bulk goods moved by ship is done by container now.

LARPers get the fuck out. Non-sjw liberals are way easier to declasscuck than reactionaries.

Neither of us said that, faggot. I agree with that post and think liberals are better fascists.

But in no fucking way does that make liberals good.

*better then