Questionable Malcontent - Kinda Dumb Edition

AKA The Understatement edition.
Should I start adding the Alice Grove edits and OC to the existing archive or make a new one for them? It's not much longer for this world so I don't know if it's worth the minimal effort to make a new one.

Last thread: >>876911 archive.is/HK7HA

Git archives
Edits: gitgud.io/InfinityMalcontent/QMC_Edits/tree/master
OC: gitgud.io/InfinityMalcontent/QMC_OC/tree/master
Threads archive: gitgud.io/InfinityMalcontent/QMC_Threads/wikis/home

Older stuff (Editfag Prime):
Edits: imgur.com/a/Sf5J0
Omits: imgur.com/a/HtKr0
Twitter Bully: imgur.com/a/Jb1a1
OC: imgur.com/a/kSZcE

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picotechnology
archive.is/F75jq
twitter.com/fanfiction_txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Edits

More edits

Wait, I think I posted edits from two threads ago.

Omits

Baggyfag did a thing

And fuck Alice Grove.

Why did the hero in Alice Grove have to die?

Because he's a

CIS

WHITE

MALE

Because he was a straight (probably) cis white man who wanted to Make Humanity Great Again.

So, naturally, a lesbian white female used supernatural powers to kill him instead of trying to reason with, or use non-violent methods against the defenceless man.

Thinking about Alice Grove, the most irritating thing that, like everything else handstab does, it's just a few steps removed from being interesting. If it turned out that they were actually supposed to follow along with bowtie, and save the planet, but they monumentally fucked up and followed along with the biggest obstacle in that goal. He wouldn't even have to drop the "blue faggot is reparations by space aliens" plot. Hell, the lazy fuck wouldn't have even had to wrap up the plot, just have everyone get to the Avatar Hometree, have Alice reveal her evil plot after everyone but the blue faggot is dead, and then just have the last page black with "BAD END" in bold type.

Not a feel good ending, but it would at least be unconventional, and might actually work for the rushed pace that he's trying to shit out the last few pages in, since everything would be doomed from the start.

But that sort of good storytelling would cause a flood of money demanding that he also do the other potential branching story options. That means more work.

Yeah, imagine if they followed Bowtie because he was confident, seemed to know what he was doing, and everyone is sick of living in squalor and wants more. But turns out his plan wasn't perfect and there are costs and consequences. The rest of the cast needs to reconcile their ignorance, optimism, naive trusting, but also their continued belief in a better future. Also…

Lol, fuck that let's have Super Sentai hand-sword chick and 90s kid edgy dialogue.

You could even take that a step further and have bowtie be legitimately evil with noble intentions, instead of just implying that he's done bad things. For a bullshit off the cuff example: Lying to the group that an old warehouse is home to a death cult. After it's been cleared, it comes to light they were just some pagans worshipping an old bullet plant, with enough potassium nitrate to fertilize X amount of fields for Y many years. They get stuck between saving 100, or feeding 100,000.

So what makes the content questionable?

It's a question of whether there is or is not content. Rather than your initial impression, that the content is questionable for it's level of appropriateness when being viewed in mixed company, it is actually questionable for its definition of "content".

The word content implies that there is substance to the thing in question, but a cursory look at Jeph's comic reveals that it is vapid, inconsistent, and boring. While it is undeniable that there is both writing and art on the page, the comic only tentatively holds on to its plot, causing the story to wander on a whim. This causes the content that the comic does to become muddled and confusing. Questionable. Jeph's poor writing makes the content questionable, and the art only magnifies this effect.

Originally, it was meant to be catchy and make you think that the characters might get it on at some point

Uh-oh, another inconsistency!

Makes perfect sense in Jeph-verse!

And that's another thing, why the fuck does this comic need so many psychotic bitches? They seem to make up nearly half the cast and maybe more. Is murderous insanity to Alice Grove what disgusting obesity is to Questionable Content

If it were, you'd think it'd actually be worth reading.

This is kind of like saying pogs are more culturally relavant than laser tag.

Culturally relevant to niggers, maybe.

Does anyone have the oven version?

In what world does cultural relevance mean "good"?

twitter, which is the world handstab lives in

He draws the stump.

Also, he forgot to butcher the coloring through whatever processes he uses that would allocate the entire palette to the flare effect in panel 2 and make everything else polka dots.

He drew it at a flat 90° angle, so he only gets partial credit. Unfortunately, that bit of credit got swallowed by the penalty for writing out the word "trademark" instead of using "tm" in hypertext.

He also earns another bucket of rage for not giving his scanner two seconds of thought and realizing that it has no way of scanning the back of his hand without him awkwardly turning his hand around, distorting the final product.

Countdown until has fans pounce on him because Wendy's is the Nazi troll fast food chain.

It's a ruse. Look at the people who work there.

The person who made most of those posts is an sjw. She resigned saying her new fans gave her ptsd.

I did not know that. Truly we live in the funniest timeline.

kek

Good.

Truely, 2017 will be remembered as the start of a new Golden Age.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if this was an edit

Proof.

[Citation Needed]

Hilarious if true.

It's obviously an edit, dumbass.

They really are going to just stand around the entire time dumping exposition onto each other.

And now we learn this thing actually takes place on Earth. Good job, Jeph, after vehemently claiming that this was an alternate universe for three years. He probably wasn't thinking and just fucked it up.

Huh? Gay nightcrawler touched machines and souped them up, he didn't reactivate lost technology. Also gud job Jeph that you've made this whole plot an irrelevant sideline to a global outbreak of nanomachine magic

didn't he touched a canary toy and it became a bird for no reason? I remember distinctly raging about a windup bird toy that is designed to hop being transformed into a thing with wings that can fly around.

I've zoned out on big parts of the lore. Was this ever explained?

Now you can distinctly rage once again.

Given the "plot twist" that he just half-assedly dropped, this could be explained by other tech-enhancing people doing things, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had forgotten about it.

Self awareness much?

>THE END PRODUCT OF NANOMACHINES INTERACTING WITH THIS IS IT BECOMING A FUCKING BIRD WITH A NEW EXTERNAL SHELL, FLIGHT, AND MAYBE PERHAPS SENTIENCE BECAUSE IT FLEW OUT A WINDOW WITHOUT WARNING
AAAAAGHHHLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLLRAAAAAAA
WHY IS A CHARACTER WHOSE MAIN ROLE IS TO "SERVE" GIVING ORDERS TO A LITTLE BLUE MAN WHO CAN MAKE COMPLEX ASSORTMENTS OF SIMPLE MACHINES INTO FUCKING CIRCUIT BOARD TECH?
OBVIOUSLY IT IS POSSIBLE TO CREATE AN AUTOMATON THAT FUNCTIONS SIMILARLY TO A VERY COMPLEX, CIRCUIT-NECESSARY CONSTRUCT, BUT BIRDS RETAIN AERODYNAMICS BY HAVING HOLLOW BONES AND FEATHERS THAT ARE BUILT IN SUCH A WAY AS TO CREATE SURFACE TENSION TO ALLOW AIR TO BILLOW UP BENEATH THEM LIKE A WALL, BUT FLEXIBLE AND SPREAD OUT ENOUGH SO AS TO NOT CREATE UNNECESSARY WEIGHT AND TO ALLOW SOME AIR TO PASS THROUGH SO AS NOT TO BE COMPLETELY AT THE MERCY OF THE WINDS. A FUCKING PLASTIC AUTOMATON WOULD BE TOO HEAVY TO REMAIN IN THE AIR ON ITS OWN, AND WOULD REQUIRE SOMETHING THAT FORCES IT TO STAY UP IN THE AIR, SUCH AS A BRAIN THAT CAN TELL IT WHEN TO FLAP ITS WINGS, WHAT THE AIR CURRENTS FEEL LIKE, IF THERE'S A NEED TO GO HIGHER AND LOWER BASED ON THOSE THINGS, AND SO ON. EVEN IF WE ASSUME THAT IT CONVERTED THE ORIGINAL SPRING ENERGY THAT CAUSED IT TO JUMP UP AND DOWN INTO FORWARD MOMENTUM TO LAUNCH ITSELF FORWARD A DISTANCE BEFORE CRASHING DOWN, THEY WOULD HAVE SEEN THE DIRECTION IT MOVED IN UNTIL IT CRASHED DOWN, AND BY THE FOLLOW UP LINES, IT SOUNDS LIKE IT KEPT GOING A DISTANCE.
ALSO ON THE SUBJECT OF FORCE, THAT WINDOW LOOKS TO BE ABOUT A QUARTER INCH THICKNESS, AND IT'S DULLED OUT, MEANING IT'S OBVIOUSLY DENSE AS SHIT. ARE YOU MEANING TO TELL ME A PLASTIC BIRD TOY MADE OF SPRINGS AND THINGS IS GOING TO HAVE THE WEIGHT BEHIND IT TO SMASH A WINDOW LIKE THAT? REGARDLESS OF THE FORCE LAWS THAT WOULD DENY THIS FROM HAPPENING, EVEN IF WE ASSUME THAT IT'S MOVING FAST ENOUGH, THAT'S SOME PRETTY STRONG PLASTIC TO SUSTAIN CRASHING THROUGH WOODEN POLLS AND GLASS, TO THE DEGREE THAT THE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT THAT REQUIRES WOULD MAKE THAT THING THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE CAPABLE OF FLIGHT SINK LIKE A GOD DAMN SACK OF POTATOS
=RLRLRLRLLRLRLRLRLRLLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLLRLRLRLRLRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHH

There is no need to be upset, user. You just don't understand Jeph's brilliant writing.

Bleaugh, horrible writing…

For starters, "it" at the end is a redundancy; what the fuck else have they entered, recently?

I think it would have read much better if it said, "since you arrived."

At least Jeph stopped dropping in dictionary.com's word of the day.

smooth criminal

Here's hoping he gets a Chick-fil-A hand.

That's so funny. Too funny to be true. Do you have a source?

Not really, and I can't wait until one of the "Ardents" accidentally touch one of the giant nanomachine-robots, making it superpowered so that it exterminates humanity.

If so, they would have to touch nanomachines, and there are on nanomachines on earth. The wiki entry on the Night Walker notes

Fucking hell, man. I'm sitting here at work with headphones on. I'm lucky I'm the only one in my office to have arrived thus far, otherwise the others would've heard it.

And

It's not endearing. Ask! Say you can't give a bigger discount because you're a new shop!

Why has no one punched this fat fuck?!

To be fair, when you work in retail people asking for a discount all the time really is a pain in the ass.
Ultimately they're both assholes, though.

But that fucking hand…
Yeah, the whole scheme here was to reduce drawing the robot hand to a 3-second fill tool job.

How long before Handstab finds a canonical excuse to draw stickmen?

Something amusing happened somewhere.

Not going to happen.

It's fat-shaming, you see.

4 strips left and there's filler just to make it last until Friday. And Jeph miscounted.

Maybe she's laughing that it took almost three years for a "twice per week" comic to reach 200 strips, even with Jeph producing a strip per day for two weeks.

Wendy's is owned by Jews, you retard. Don't eat there.

Now that's autism.

I guess she's upset because her plans to keep humanity in the dark ages has failed? Nice to see the villain losing.

I hate how crying is written in comics.

Don't get me wrong- "*Sob* *sob*" looks retarded, but even though I know Huh huh huh sounds right- it looks wrong.

How would you write it?

Not a fucking clue. A long childish wail is obvious.
But sobbing and short-sharp gasps I'm clueless on.

"kyaaah oni-chan, alice-chan is so saaaad, bwahhhhhhhhhh"

Turns out this comes from a Xenogears summary, but it sure seems familiar.

Fade to white… It's all a fucking Matrix, isn't it?
She's realized this, and she's actually in a box with probes in her brain or something.

There is an answer for that question, but knowing it would be detrimental to your mental well-being.

Oh boy, back to shipping. I was going through withdrawal with that one or two strips that lacked it.

>Not responding with "What do you think I mean?"
Gotta artificially inflate that drama.

Although, Martin and Sven were once infatuated with Faye and broke under the pressure. What's the robot equivalent of having your personality destroyed and turned into a tranny's cocksleeve?

Why do you guys pretend to hate this comic?

Because its bad, its not that hard to comprehend my summer boy.

because your mom touches me at night

Anyone got the current figures on how much jeph sucks up on his patreon? Or is that now lost to the sands of time now that he's hidden it?

We know it's over $10,000 because that is the bonus comic tier. How much over is anyone's guess. It doesn't really work like this, but…since Jeph privated his earnings, it was $9,442.34. Since then his backers have increased by about 14%, so, assuming the payouts scale, he'll be around $10,750.

However, more backers tend to reduce the average rate because the most devoted back early.

Maybe it's actually before the war, and it's all a training simulation for super-soldiers. That would not only be an actually interesting plot-twist, but it would also give the opportunity to end the comic quickly (which seems to be his highest priority).

I was raped as a child and need an outlet for my unprocessed emotions.

Got a screencap of that $9,400?

thanks user

Hey brown-robot-baggy-waifu-maker-fag, can you make this robot idea into a more realized thing? I drew this years ago and I just remembered that you would do a better job of realizing this design. posting because these threads make me mad about robots, so I ned som good robot designs.

Fuck my life

I hope Dora expects to see some return on her investment…

Shit, what am I talking about… This is Jeph writing, here.

He probably thinks he has it worse off than coal miners and minesweepers.

Feels okay I guess

Here user. Some from my sketch folders, althjough they're all battlesuits or vehicles

MODS ARE ASLEEP POST ROBOT DESIGNS

Neat

Once again Handstab, Gunnerkrigg did it first and better!

But then why have so many threads for it?

Gunnerkrigg does everything better than QC, though.

NOW NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE FUCKING MURDERER LOSING HER SHIT.

WHEN LAST TIME SHE DID SO SHE KILLED PEOPLE.

FUCK JACKSTAB!

Its fun to make fun of people, its simple as that summer boy.

That sounds pretty cool until you realise that in order to be picomachines they must be smaller than the smallest of atoms. What the hell are they made of?

Maybe their simulated reality didn't include common sense?

Very small atoms, duh!

Oy vey!

Fuck, I completely glossed over that because of the other retarded things going on.

Maybe he thinks you can build programmable machines out of quarks? I think he just saw this wiki article en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picotechnology and thinks picomachines are the "more advanced" version of nanomachines.

I actually would like more revelations of "your reality is a lie!" to be met with something like? "Oh yeah? Fuck off!" or even "Ah well. I didn't like it much anyway."

Here, I don't think we've been given enough info or character personality to make us sympathetic to their problems. So that big revelation kinda fell flat.
And Senda's all better again, I see. And again, no-one really cares.

Of all the recent developments, surely *that* would be one to generate at least a little bit of interest, or even a "Holy shit, I thought you were dead!".

But no…

So much of what has been said and done these past few strips would be met with cries of "What did you do that for?!".

No-one's shocked at the murders. No-one's asking why Alice is crying. No-one's even slightly concerned by the violent mood swings of the self-confessed mass murder. No-one's shocked that their "friend" has come back to life. No-one's slightly concerned by the prospect of an interstellar society travelling accross the gulf of space to fuck around with Earth.

Instead, the reaction seems to be. "Oh, well… Let's go home, then."

So, ultimately, the point of all this journey to space shit was to set up a few pages of exposition?

What if Jeph is secretly an /ourguy/ convert in deep cover?

What if Jeph snapped when he stabbed his hand and has been purposefully getting back at his "fans" by slowly degrading his work and convincing them to invest in an obvious scam like Alice Grove? If his destruction of the characters and scamming of his fans is just so he can stand back and laugh at them in 10 years when he reveals that he was conning them the whole time, then it would redeem every terrible thing he's done.

Faking Shelby's chronic rapings might also be his way of showing that they have no pattern recognition and can't put 2 and 2 together.

Why is Sedna travelling with them again? She spent 2-3 months of strips attempting to kill them.

Jesus Christ this art. Is Jeph drinking again?

Can robots smell? The apparatus to do that seems like a pretty big investment for the tiny return you would get.

I worked at wendy's for a while. The fries smell like grease. Everything smells like grease. I smell like grease and I haven't worked there for 6 months.

It would make sense for a war bot, since chemical attacks or being in situations where you'd need to smell something like a leak or fire come up often. The nose makes up for what you can't see or hear by providing sensory back up, such as noting the difference between normal conditions and smokey conditions before the fire has gotten out of hand is slightly difficult when you can't feel the heat or smell burning. However, Jeph might just think this was a novelty and that "this is just how robots should be," and will need to explain it after the fact if it's ever brought up.

And then haughtily claim that's how it was the whole time, hard sci-fi blah blah.

It used to be that blue robot had a character other than "cute and quirky".

Well, he did get rich off of it.

Have you concidered that you might be the reason Wendy's smells like grease, not the other way around?

Concidering such circumstances as locating fire, cooking, etc., it might be a usefull addition to include a nose, and once the technology is there, it would possibly only represent a fraction of the manifacturing cost, especially after comparing with an electronic brain.

Jeph, why are you such a fucking hack?

Fuck this, what happened to that girl who got the webcam to do streaming?

She a camwhore yet?

She's fighting the patriarchy and getting people arrested after men online asked to see her tits and told her to kill herself.

I don't know.

The last time we saw her, Momo was watching her sleep, and Jeph had chickened out of the obvious creep vibe that Marigold was giving off when talking to her.

"Again" implies there are moments where he's not drinking.

Oooooooh, I see…

Jeph really wants to draw one of his females being fucked relentlessly by a machine - never tiring, never slowing down.

It was going to be the kid, but Jeph quickly realized he might never recover from the outrage, so he had to make it Faye.
He'll be drawing Faye, but he'll be thinking about that girl, whatever her name is.

Do you think this is a hint of Jeph incompetence/impotence in bed? I mean it's like he wants to compensate for something…

so basically kink.com

I have to go now. My planet doesn't need me.

Oh, she stopped crying now?

These are some seriously violent mood swings.
For that reason alone it's probably a good idea for her to get fired into a black hole - someone this (allegedly) powerful and violent is simply too dangerous to be allowed to live.

You know, for a being powered by black holes she doesn't seem to do much with it.

Shit, the Shrike from Hyperionverse (which I'm pretty sure Jeph has read) was powered by a bunch of stars and it could time-travel, move at trillions of times the speed of light and had claws that could cut through anything.

Alice falls off wind turbines, needs a helmet, apparently has a phony eye, fucks about on horses and carts, is scared of fighting a pile of nanobots (night walker or whatever the fuck it was called), and her admittedly stronger adversary gets killed by a stab wound.

There is a severe lack of ambition with this universe.

And shit, I thought one of the golden rules of comics is "Show; don't tell!".
With Alice Grove, Jeph seems to be trying really hard to tell, and runs away from showing every chance he gets. So much of the shit that happens in this story is just implied and hinted at, and it's like Jeph expects us to be shocked and in awe all the same.
It's like he's saying, "Hey, I went to the bother of writing about this stuff - it's your job to be amazed!"

I get the feeling that if you asked Jeph to describe the battle of the Somme he'd say, "A bunch of guys ran across a field and a lot of them got hurt. Isn't that horrible…?"

Case in point - recent big reveals are nothing more than speculation.
They don't *know* that aliens are boosting humanity, they just think there's a chance it might be possible.

Yet they're all acting as if it's definite, undeniable fact, and are reacting in advance to all this stuff that hasn't happened yet, and the reader is expected to give a fuck.

They're like some doomsday cultists convinced the world is going to end on Tuesday.
Normal people laugh at people like that.

It's Jeph. It pains me he is rewarded when he is SUCH a fucking poor storyteller.

Congratulations, you just won a gold medal in the Mental Gymnastics event at the Special Olympics.

Hmm, sounds familiar.

The psychotic bitch who's a danger to herself and everyone around her wants to fuck off and never come back. Jeph accidentally had her do the one thing that would do the best service to everyone on the planet.

I started to type a long winded post about the value of individual lives vs the abundance of knowledge she could impart.

BUT

I just realized that her not fucking off means that every new dawn brings a nonzero chance that she'll snap and destroy all of the progress that humans have made. Getting a cheat sheet from the teacher doesn't mean much when the price is the teacher standing at your desk and playing Russian roulette with you while you take the test.

Hmmmmm…

the exciting conclusion

robot shop is the new coffee shop

Jeph Jaques is a god when it comes to hitting never before seen levels of disappointment. He has elevated laziness to an art form that will only be appreciated 50 years after his death when the world finally catches up to this genius ahead of his time.

Ron Swanson was right and Jeph is going to prove it.

guarantee the only thing jeph understood about ian banks' books is 'hey it would be cool to have superintelligent ais give me everything i want and never have to work'
never mind that the humans in The Culture are basically just pets

Real smart cookie

There's really no way to salvage this that I can think of.

archive.is/F75jq

How do people breath when they kiss ass all day?

Counting Bowtie Guy and the last war, she's done it twice already.

How unsatisfactory.

I know she can change her appearance, but when she's kept the same look throughout the series it's just confusing to at the last moment completely change her without explanation.

Poor Mr. Banks. How can Jeph not see it as disrespectful to dedicate something so sloppily written to a dead man.

You should probably take a look at the shape of the opening to the ship in pic 2 of , Sigmund.

Fairly sure Jeph's success already proved the opposite.

I don't know. Perhaps Jeph can write a strip with two characters explaining the phenonomenon with some hard sci-fi exposition.

Aggressively mediocre.
By the looks of it, humanity still hasn't been boosted - my interpretation of this is that Alice has gone completely senile and is utterly convinced that humans are all going to turn into super nanomachine-men so is preparing to leave the planet.
The cast started out wondering what the fuck she was doing, then tried to talk sense into her, but her increasingly bizarre behaviour (such as picking fights with water pumps and running a farm full of clockwork chicks) became too much to deal with, so they just let her keep planning for the nano-apocalypse.

Alice steps into the big seed pod, and it goes nowhere.
At this point, the cast are just humoring her.
The seed pod sits there doing nothing, and every 3 months someone sends Alice a radio message, pretending they're transmitting from a now distant Earth.
Inside, Alice smiles to herself thinking, "Boy, it sure is peaceful up here in space."

Best possible ending. Since we have no evidence to the contrary, I am treating this as canon.

user comes up with a better story line every time, no exceptions.

Wait a cotton pickin' minute, here!

If the laws of physics are so "optional" then why doesn't Alice just opt to fly into space herself, without the need for a god-damn ship!

Why doesn't she just fold space or his warp speed or some shit?

Stupid bitch.

seems legit

Suddenly Jeph is the biggest Linkin Park fan. Please. If anyone shit on them it would have been hipster Jeph.

Nobody cares because musical taste is subjective
Nobody who is making a fuss right now is going to remember his name in six months. I didn't like Linkin Park at the height of their popularity when I was in middle school/High school because I couldn't get behind their edgy sound and that's not going to change just because somebody killed himself.

People had forgotten Emos.
He had to remind them.
And he has claimed his crown.

Speaking of angst-ridden jerks, Jeph stabbed his hand after someone criticized a character for not being revoltingly fat enough.

But now people are really (and rightly) criticizing the hell out of Alice Grove. Some are even beginning to wonder what it was they donated to.

Maybe Jeph will ram both hands onto a railing spike, this time.

I'm no writer, but I feel like I could just walk in cold and leave Jeph in the dust. It's not that I think I'm Dostoevsky or anything, just that I'm fairly confident I could follow through on the groundwork.

One of the first things I'd do–and something that seems really obvious–is write character sheets. And, near the very top of those sheets I'd have a section devoted to character motivation. I'd try my best to keep that in mind whenever the character is on panel or being discussed by others. I'd do this even for minor characters. Counter-intuitively it might be even more important there because there is less time for characterization and if you don't do this then all the side characters start sounding like RPG townspeople spouting expository dialogue.

It's patently clear that Jeph didn't think any of this through, the characters, setting, universe mechanics–anything. Only Ardent has a true motivation–getting back home–so he is basically the protagonist, upstaging the titular character. Gavia had a motivation: find Ardent and bring him back, but she lost the means to do so and became a tag along since the first few dozen strips. Alice is a tag along, too. There's no rhyme or reason behind any of this malevolent immortal's actions. Sedna might be the worst character of all. She's introduced with murderous rage and then flips on a dime to join the party that…wants to do something, somewhere, but they're not exactly sure.

It amazes me that anyone has a positive opinion of Alice Grove. It's so dull, vague, and sterile. Nothing is explained and it was obvious even early on that Jeph either didn't care or was immediately over his head.

obligatory

My buddy BenRG over at the forum never disappoints. He's going to salvage Alice Grove with an entry at fanfiction.net. Wish him luck!

His tepid criticism is shocking. This guy internalizes and rationalizes everything Jeph does. He's like the guys who make 4 hour videos trying to put all the Zeldas or Final Fantasies into one cohesive universe and has nothing negative to say about even the laziest, cash grabbing entries in the series.

I've read and heard stories in newspapers and on TV shows about old people and naive fools being scammed out of tens of thousands.
It's not usually one big transaction; the scam artists call them about a bullshit lottery win or some phony investment and continuously leech money from them for as long as they can get away with.
The victims just keeps handing over the cash.

A few scam victims were interviewed and asked why they just keep handing over the money when the situation gets more and more shady.
They say they always have hope the deals may be genuine, and there's a part of them that just refuses to admit they've been taken for a ride.
They just can't stand even the thought of such humiliation, so they keep playing along despite the nagging feeling they are indeed being conned.

I think Jeph's patreon donors experience something similar.

And whoever donated to Spoony too.

Pretty indepth.

Right. It starts with a "filing fee" then "bank transfer fee" then "customs fee" and after a while the sunk cost fallacy kicks in and people keep dumping money in even though they may be consciously aware that they're being scammed.

You friend sounds pretty pathetic to be honest.

Your sarcasm detector seems broken.

wtf is that gavia, why is she brown!?

Because being white is bad.

Great minds think alike, it seems. Expect results soon.

Will the hero of the story live on to guide humanity to the stars?

I'm never going to get over those pectorals that Jeph mistakenly drew instead of tits.

Why is her eye red? Did she push too hard?

Someone remind me to murder Jeph.

I am reminding you to murder BenRG.

She will die from a cosmic yeast infection, and that's better than she deserves.

So…can anyone write at fanfiction.net?

Deal. But let's wait until he releases the fan fiction so that he leaves a legacy to mock.

Honestly, we can mock him all we like, but, sight unseen, I can already tell that it will be better than Jeph's attempt at his own story.

Alice is not the hero. Glasses-kun is the hero.

Which one is that? The Nightcrawler rip-off or Girl Hitler?

The white male that was murdered for wanting to push humanity out of the dark ages.

The barriers to entry at fanfiction.net aren't that high. All of this got in:
twitter.com/fanfiction_txt

The reason people hire living signs is because in a lot of places it's illegal to just plonk down a sign.

What? No avocado?

Anyone demand a refund yet? I don't know how Patreon works.

It's like if Kickstarter were subscription based, and instead of backing a project you're paying the person directly. The idea being that you're their patron, funding their creative work.
In most cases it just ends up being a massively multiplayer online welfare program though.

But Jeph wouldn't know this, never actually working for a living.

I'm guessing you can do that only for unfulfilled pledge tiers, if even that. Some time ago I noticed Jeph was sneaky by just vaguely announcing Alice Grove on Patreon, not even giving its name, and giving the rest of the details on Twitter. That way he couldn't be held to any hard promises.

From back in the early days. Make of this what you will.

Keep in mind, Alice is supposed to be the hero.

"Oh, by the way I was directly responsible for the greatest act of genocide in the history of the known world."
Also, pop quiz. What faction did Alice fight on?

Are you sure Alice is meant to be the hero? Maybe Jeph intended for her to be the villain the whole time?

I honestly think Jeph didn't know, or lost confidence over time. Maybe he was planning some sort of redemption but realized he couldn't pull off properly humanizing Mega Hitler.

Also, it's very clear from Jeph's Twitter comments that he considered Pate (bowtie guy) to be the villain…even though he was attempting to enact a plan to lift humanity out of the neo stone age.

Holy fucking shit.
So Alice is encouraging history to be re-written. Even better since she discourages actual written history just in case "books get lost" - leaving it to be remembered by some senile idiots instead.

So she threatens the locals, won't allow them to write anything down, maintains a campaign of enforced ignorance, and could potentially be rewriting history to suit herself.

How could *anyone* see Alice as one of the good guys? She is pretty much the mayor of 1984-ville.

You could also actually extend that bullshit logic of "it's the natural way" to cover things like medicine, so disease would ravage places like this.
Could be that "elders" are anyone who makes it past 40.

The more I see shit like this, the more I think Jeph had absolutely no idea what he was doing with this story, beyond a basic premise.
Rushed, half-assed and full of internal inconsistencies with his usual method of "she just *is*" with regards to characterization.

I hope this hurts him, financially.

Fucking hell, got a story for you guys.
Doubt anyone remembers but 6 months or so ago I posted about being shocked that an online friend of mine actually LIKES qc, he said he found the edits "offensive".
I was pretty shocked, I mainly talk comics with him and he's usually got pretty good taste.
Anyhow, a few months after that during a drunken Skype call he confessed to me that he's literally a cuck, his wife has a boyfriend and gets him to watch them fuck.
But wait, lol , this gets worse.
Last week he was telling me that things are looking up, he's now "allowed" to have a gf on the side as well,told me about how he'd been "having fun" with some crazy girl who'd been staying with them.
I'm a nosy cunt so I backtracked her from his facebook.
She is a meth head with a fetish for fucking guys with a strap-on.

TLDR - The one person I've met who seriously likes jephs garbage is a cuck who gets fucked in the ass by a crackhead.

I wish to fuck I was making this up.

Sounds about par for the course. The mental gymnastics required to justify cuckery and spin it as a positive thing makes "liking QC" look like a warm up exercise.

>What faction did Alice fight on?
Since she appears gentically enhanced, rather than being an AI in and of herself, I'm guessing she fought against the AI.

Oh, it's even better than that. Remember that anthropologists and historians agree that history proper began when it transitioned from oral lorekeeping to written accounts, and that the written language is considered the most important invention in the history of mankind. Forget about enforced medieval tech level, Alice is effectively holding humanity (or the small piece of it she rules over) at prehistory.

Are any of these villagers even literate? I know it might be just Jeph being his usual lazy faggot self, but I don't see any signs or nothin'.

Make that "definitely". Put it in context, she's the greatest mass murderer in history.

Case in point.

Holy shit this is utterly retarded…

No-one pays attention to stories of the "great war", yet they keep trying to dig up relics from it.

They were too busy trying to survive to pay any attention to what was going on around them, or even to ask or try to find out?

Alice got tired of repeating herself, yet never thought that writing stuff down and just handing out the literature would really have helped?

And the argument about being at peace now so who cares about the past is some anti-vax level bullshit.

Humanity is being governed by a criminally insane psychopath, who is paradoxically megalomaniacal and incredibly lazy and disinterested at the same time.

I'd actually like to see the AG forums rationalize this shit, can someone make it happen?

reddit spacing
Jeph doesn't subscribe to the whole concept of "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" apparently; which is too bad, because his "story" had great potential if that had been the core tenant of the whole thing. Or had it where history has been repeating, despite Alice's attempts, so she just gave up (until yonder protagonists show up), or some such.

I mean there's a lot that could have been done with this, but that would have required an expenditure of calories.

Fortunately it's just a small settlement that lives under her dictatorial thumb. Other human enclaves are actively trying to rebuild and better themselves. Small comfort, but hey.

Gee, I wonder why.

user is your enter button broken?

At some level he realizes this is a possibility, which is why he included this blurb on the final strip(s).

I can't verify your story, but I can't help but say that this is one of the most accurate statements I ever heard.

This guy thinks he's being clever, but people who don't like the blue shell and thinks it cheapens the game refuse to play. That's what you're supposed to do when encountering an unjust system, not gleefully participate and whine later. Also, there's yet another example of tolerant, progressive "empathy" in action.

I can't wait for Jeph to write more villains and claim they're heroes.

You know he's gonna do a Kickstarter even though he makes $10k/month just from Patreon and the whole point of Patreon to start with was to fund side projects as QC had been operating in the black for over a decade at that point.

I don't know a thing about Alice Grove, though to be fair this is handstab's writing we're talking about so I doubt context would make it any better, but is there any point at all to what that character's doing other than edge for the sake of edge? Doesn't the fact that she's strong enough to rip her own arm apart like that make it unnecessary since she can clearly just clobber the guy to death instead?

This is because they don't really care about players having fun, they want everyone to be as miserable as they are.

The blue shell is a shit mechanic. The bullet bill and the star are much more interesting catchup mechanisms and better help the person in last place too.

The scenario is even more ridiculous when you see Alice doing exactly what you suggest about two pages later by karate chopping through someone's face.

That sounds like the level of consistency I'd expect from Jeph's writing. What happens next, does she replace her missing arm with a pickaxe or something?

Plant arm. Close enough.

It's just edge for the sake of edge. It wouldn't have been as bad if it was her opponent who had been the one to rip it off, since going to such extreme lengths would not have been unprecedented given their previous fights.

Does every webcomic artist have a pathological need to make the lowest quality images at the largest file sizes?

No, that was me. It's the only way I know how to take an image that's super long and compress it down to a manageable size for uploading here. My apologies.

Nah, no worries. But there really is a trend of webcomic artists insisiting their strips are dial-up friendly or something, which is crazy. Personally I can't imagine spending so much time coloring and then telling whatever default rasterizer I'm using to cram my creation into 7 or 8 bit color with unoptimized dithering.

Im pretty sure Holla Forums's uploading limit could've handled it.

back to shipping

Oh boy.

Great job on the bricks.

It'd work if the focal point were in between the two sets of outlined bricks…but that would radically change the rest of the perpective.

It looks good to me.

Yeah, the star and bullet bill at least potentially raise the last place player. Blue shell is a force of destruction for first and anyone in its way.

If you can't see what's wrong…well, that's your loss.

heh

Most of the webcomics I read don't have that problem. Most of the authors, to my knowledge, upload their images in good quality. I suppose that comics that have been around longer may stick to their old ways, but I haven't really noticed. Which ones in particular do that?

Probably. I'm sort of aware of the uploading file size limit, but I don't know what the dimension size limits are (if any). The problem with Knight Run, and any webtoon for that matter, is its a webcomic in long-strip format (image heights in excess of 40,000). For the part I wanted, I had to manually put screenshots together in paint. I forgot I could just pull them off with View Page Info.

It'd be more interesting if the blue shell took out a random player (including a small chance of hitting you instead). In this way, the item is of equal threat to everyone, but still not be a direct "Fuck You" to the one in first place. Alternatively, it could target a random player in front of you, with a greater chance of hitting those closest in your rank, thus making it more useful the higher up in rank you are.

The limits are 12 MiB and 10000x10000.

So wait, is the guy trying to say that meritocracy is bad? Is that why he likes the blue shell? Why would you hate meritocracy unless you know you have no skills/talents/abilities/etc that make you stand out and help you rise up further in the world/company/game?

Unless these guys are reliant on their parents/friends giving them a position they don't deserve.

To them, meritocracy doesn't mean that talented people succeed, it means that one guy is going to trample a hundred others in order to get what he wants.

Is that how talentless hacks justify it?

In that tweet he's targeting a certain category of meritocracy-praising nerds, not meritocracy itself. It's a whole ecosystem of drama involving Github's management among other things.

Yes. You have to remember, to these guys Meritocracy counts as a micro-aggression.
I shit you not.

Is this drama still over that ridiculous terms of service fiasco where they insisted on nonbinary otherkin rights in a fucking code repository?

Probably

Question tangibly related to this comic, but has there been an instance of where the guy finds out the girl has a dick, but decides "fuck this, I'm out." instead of just bending over and accepting it? Preferably without being portrayed as the bad guy for doing so?

Unbelievable

The first thing that comes to mind is the show IT Crowd. As for comics, I can't remember any, though there was an instance in Kubera where the inverse sort of happens: one of the female characters attempts to resume dating an ex, then finds out he got a sex change, and goes "fuck this, I'm out" in a manner of speaking.

In both cases, it's played for humor.

Real life

How many years has jeph been drawing

Also this. One has to wonder whether the in-universe of "articulation seams" is just an excuse for Jeph to paste on parts and not worry about proper integration. At least Hanna Barbera gave their characters collars to hide this effect.

A long while.

I thought they gave everyone collars just to make them seem classy and Humanlike. I had no idea this was a cheating method.

Yeah, no. With this in mind go check out RBWY some time and notice how everyone has something obscuring their neck and/or collarbone.

Yeah, they were all about cheating. Didn't stop them from making good cartoons, though. If only Jeph could figure out how to be lazy but still make a good webcomic.

checked and checked again
If you watch old HB cartoons you'll see that occasionally the coloring between head and body doesn't quite match. This is a side effect of that cheating process.

It's shocking how much mileage they got out of Poser Pro. Before RWBY I had no idea it was still around. Poser Pro was the Miku Miku Dance of the 90s. The first three volumes were only a step removed from machinima.

Im still waiting for fatmansfalling next review.

Didn't they steal models from MMD?

I heard that but don't know details.

Wow, Jeph's really redoubling his efforts now that Alice Grove is off his plate.

Seems appropriate that he'd end this trainwreck by giving a big middle finger to some dead guy.

Something about copying and pasting a bunny girl model, id post the images if i had them.

IT'S NOT EVEN FUCKING LIT

Captcha: ZQHsun

So does the lighter just pop out of her hand?

I actually found this a bit funny. May God have mercy on my soul.

Normally I'd comment on how fucking lazy this is with its 3 panels of nothing and he can't even be bothered adding any smoke to the candle.
But I think Jeph could genuinely be experiencing mental trauma from the reaction to his "Stuff Happened!"-grade ending to Alice Grove.

Proper wicks don't make smoke though

Proper robots also have chassis that make sense.

Fucking hell, Faye's calves are almost as thick as her thighs…

I think she wears the tight jeans to stop her fucking cankles scraping along the floor.

>there wasn't even a joke in the first place

wish it was Sunday
cuz that's my fun day

Also lol Dora's off-model face. Biggest laugh I've had in a while.

I don't think that's supposed to be Dora, the color pallete is too yellow. I think he did another "lol people I know" strip.

Also, Hanners coming to grips with her changing germaphobe mentality is 100× more interesting than this shit at the roborepair shop. Or rather, the vague ideas that spring to mind when I contemplate the idea is what is interesting. I'm sure Jeph would manage to fuck up every facet of the story and low-key insult people like he did with Brun and her "Autism".

No form of torture or execution is painful enough for what Jeph deserves.

Jeph seems to be doing a lot of those lately. I think he's trying to tell us something

I had considered that but she appears to be behind the counter. I see that piece in the background that could be the counter but it looks like trim. Also, who goes to a coffee shop after sustaining a serious injury?

But you're probably right.

I think the girl is supposed to be Sam Maggs, otherwise known as the "strong female" who got hysterical over being "raped" in GTA5 by someone dancing with a traffic cone on his head.

That's not Dora, that's Emily. Emily, remember? The lolsorandumb girl Marty was supposed to pair up with before Jeph's "fans" demanded he fuck the tranny.

She works there, because of course she does.

If it is Emily, then she's still off-model.

Fuckin Jeph is off his own models so much and so often that we see someone and have a legitimate case to identify them as 3 different people because we can't trust him to draw his 15 year old characters correctly.

Character growth? In MY webcomic???
Meh, Jeff probably just got tired of Hanners.

You cheeky bastard.

Questionable Malcontent: Who the FUCK is this!? Edition.

WHAT THE FUCK HAS HE DONE TO HANOLO

This

Looks like one of Clarence's tit pads has fallen out.
And I can't help but wonder what that hair will look like when it's let down and not scraped back into a 3inch pony tail. With that fringe I think it'll be like one of those Back to Egypt/We Wuz Pharoes n Sheeit! haircuts that sheboons like to get.

Right here.

I'm so confused, I don't know who any of these people are.

It's like having maximum potential but minimal followthrough

Wow…
Handing over a bag of coffee with no problems.
Getting someone's name wrong.
An employee giving themselves a slight nick with a knife.

The excitement never ends…

Oh, and also

A surprise visit from Health & Safety would put the coffee shop and the bakery in an awful lot of trouble.
In fact, Chad should rush back to the bakery right now and tell them to ditch all the coffee they've got in case of contamination.

And just another fucking minute here!
How the fuck is that tiny-ass bag of beans going to last them a whole week?

That "joke" about the coffee laced with raccoon hairs, shit and fleas…

I know it's a comic, but I guess what annoys me about stuff like this is there's absolutely no pay-off or resolution whenever Jeph shoves in one of these attempts at humour.
It's always just, "Look - they're doing things in an unusual manner! Isn't that so quirky and high-larious?!"
Like with much of his works, he sets it up but doesn't actually do anything to make it funny - that's apparently up to the reader.
Just like with Alice Grove's ending - that wasn't even quarter-assed.
It's as if he thinks his job is to provide the flimsiest setup for a joke but it's the reader's job to construct it into something that's actually funny.

If he really wants this Monday to be as manic as he claims it is, he could have had something like,
Hannelore: "The raccoon didn't get in this time."
Chad: "This time?"
All customers: "This time?"
And they all pour their coffees onto the floor.

This one is excellent.

Although, an in-comic prophecy foretelling the increased apathy and laziness of the author would be pretty funny in literally anyone else's hands. Even was able to come up with a funnier gag, and he probable spent less time on it than Jeph did.

The most damning thing about it all is that he doesn't even draw them. The whole fucking comic amounts to little more than clipart. And he still fucks up. Fucksake, even goddamn B^Uckley weaned himself off it and managed to grow as an artist, even if it took several years to pick up the basics and still looks mediocre at best. Not only did Jeph not improve at all since the late aughts, he got worse. Not just worse but lazier as well. And he still gets paid tens of thousands every month. Just sit down and try to ponder that for a moment.

Amazing isn't it?

What a twisted future

I dont get it…

Jeph is missing an opportunity to capitalize on his own lack of self-awareness for some real humor.

Jeph finally admits he's wrong about something, but he's still wrong in how he was wrong. He can't even do getting it wrong correctly.

Good Jeph has hit depression, only one stage to go until he hits acceptance and becomes a white nationalist.

Every time I read the actual strips in this thread, I slowly start to loathe myself for having a short hair fetish. Surely Jif can make a short haired female character without making them absolutely repulsive.

The edits make it easier to live.

Thanks doc.

Is dora now going to be Asian in the same way Hermione is black (that is "I never explicitly stated she's white").

Probably, despite the fact that she's been explicitly stated as Italian-Swedish. Remember he changed the rape joke in the ~10th page. really fucking badly, it literally looks like he used white-out on it Deracializing everyone in the comic except Black Faye comes next, who wants to bet against me?

That wasn't Dora. It was Emily, albeit still off-model.

Damn near every character in QC works/worked there, apparently, for no reason.

Because the more characters work at the coffee shop, the less backgrounds (besides the coffee shop) Jeph needs to draw. It's just another in a long line of Jeph being a lazy fuck, like using four panels to tell a two-panel "joke" or half the female cast having the same fucking undercut bulldyke haircut.

what kind of person sleeps in their own filth?

Neckbeards?
Faye?

How often Bubbles showers?

I can't wait for official acknowledgement that sexual dysphoria is a mental illness.

All it needs is one more panel:

I look forward to a strip where they try to encourage Hannelore to get over her OCD by having her touch things without washing her hands afterwards.
For a couple of weeks it looks like she's improved, but then has a massive relapse and strips the skin from her hands by washing with bleach and a wire brush.

Eventually she'll plunge her hands into a basin of caustic soda.

But that's not the next best thing. The next best thing when you don't like hugs is no hugs and also no weird off-brand hug substitutes. This wouldn't be a "Hee hee" situation for her.

A lot of people take morning showers.

Maybe I'm autistic, but I'm not seeing how Clarence is making himself the center of attention this time around. Could you enlighten me, oh great Dubsman?

No problem, dubsman.

The main issue is that Hanners is talking about a problem that she's having and Clairence changes the conversation.so that they are now talking about the thing that clarence brought into the discussion (pillow hugs) instead of the thing that Hanners was trying to deal with (identity crisis). They went from Hannelore's problem to Clairence's joke without resolving the problem, and are now ignoring the problem that Hanners brought up in the first place.

You can argue that they're just trying to make her feel better, but and are both correct in that this is not appropriate behavior for friends who are helping another friend with her mental breakdown. If these were real people, they would be making it much worse with their cavalier attitudes and casual disregard for her by rubbing couch visions on an extreme germaphobe.

Technically, Martin is also to blame for this, but he's just Clairence's dick puppet whose opinions and emotions are in perfect lock step at all times. He's barely a person any more. Clairence was approached by a friend with a problem, and showed a casual disregard for that problem by proposing a "solution" that might make it worse and changing the flow if the conversation in order to laugh at the thing he's doing instead of helping her.

That's what I get for not proofreading enough. I meant cushions.

Maybe Jeph has body integrity identity disorder and desires to amputate his hand?

Don't be so hasty, you might be onto something.

it just doesn't fucking compute captain

Well, Jeph, it's because they're actual artists who don't rely on copy/pasted assets that still suck.

New thread when?

Not for a while, newfriend. We ride this train all the way to the bottom of the catalog before hopping to a new thread. It helps to prevent cluttering up the board with abandoned threads..

Yeah, I think my problem with this comic is also that Hannelore needs help, and her "friends" are deliberately not helping.

Also, I thought it started out as a joke when Hannelore began hyperventilating over the thought of lowered intensity of OCD, but now it seems to be a genuine concern…
Why is recovery from a mental disorder now being shown as a bad thing?

Surely her "friends" should be trying to encourage Hannelore, perhaps by explaining that this shows she's becoming more relaxed, and possibly more confident in herself - that she can take back some control of her life away from compulsions.

This is when she needs to be told that such change is a good thing, and it happened naturally so she obviously is ready for it. Shit, they could even have actually tried hugging her to show there's nothing to worry about!

But instead the message seems to be, "Don't speak. Don't think. You will not change. Do not think about improving."

Even then (((they))) still complain and pointlessly sage in an autosaged thread.

That's the whole deal with these kinds of people. They think tough love isn't love but oppression. Jeph is an admitted addict yet he still thinks enabling delusions qualifies as therapy.

All a part of normalizing the un-normal and muddying the waters. In reality it's an attempt to permit someone else's degeneracy to distract from your own.

I think that was the original slogan for the communist manifesto.

Why would a stagnant fuck-up like Jeph ever adopt a positive message?

oh, Marten, so naive.

These two things go together like peanut butter and jellTHESE THINGS DO NOT GO TOGETHER YOU STUPID HACK

What are the spots on Hanners' shirt?

Even pillows people rest their head on can be pretty nasty if you think about it, asspillows would be nightmare.

I agree with Pintsize, Clarence and Marten do deserve to be tortured by interdimensional perverts.

It's Emily's blood.

I thought so. Why isn't she panicking? I guess that's next strip, when she realizes.

That was the panic attack, that's all you get

But it's still on her. This makes no sense. She threw away her entire wardrobe because someone else's panties shorts got mixed in the laundry. Clean panties are a no but she's totally OK with blood spatter. The laundry thing was just before the timeskip, so like 3 months ago. Not a whole lot of time for a total personality change.

Excuse me, are you trying to say that the Tranny can do something wrong? That's racist, sexist, AND transphobic!

Questionable Content is undergoing a strange senility where Jeph seems to be merging characters together unthinkingly. Notice how Emily and Dora are barely distinguishable or how Clarence looks more like a fat pierced Clinton in every page. Hanala will either form a gestalt with Momo or Marigold depending on whether Jeph will emphasis her as being cute or 'lovable quirky' unbearable

It's because Jeph realized long ago that he can decrease the quality of his work even further and still make bank.

What's funny is that Hannelore should have had an existential crisis not for finding the panties in the clean wash but the realization that she most likely had to touch them while still dirty. But Jeph doesn't really understand the psychology of his own characters so meh.

Also, Hannelore using public wash? Seems unlikely. Daughter of a billionaire can't manage to get her own laundry machine installed? I doubt it.

That's not all that surprising considering they were born as identical twin brothers before Clarence mutilated himself.

To tell a person that they can improve you imply that there's something wrong with them and they're bad, you see. This means that the only possible way to be a compassionate human being and friend is to enable them to hell and back, even if (hell, especially if) said problem is self destructive.

If his car anatomy is as good as his people anatomy and robot anatomy, it'll be hilarious to look at.

It takes an incredible (lack of) skill to make a Ford Mustang look like a classic Lada.

Shit, cars are probably too masculine for him, anyway.

Reminds me of Randy from that other webcomic who always admitted that he could never draw cars, no matter how hard he tried.

Not that he seemed to try too hard, considering everything else.

And here I was hoping that finally Hannelore would change and stop being crazy. That it was all in her head but no, those piece of shit enablers just forced her to go back to the status quo.

This hurts. Because my mom is the same: 3 pairs of slippers, just to go around the house. Putting paper towels on the floor to mark "dirty zones". Stashing dirty laundry in 3 plastic bags one inside of the other (that pile up because she washes everything 3 times to "kill all the germs"). The dirt keeps growing because she can't stop herself from constantly recleaning the same spot. We have to finish for her once she goes to bed. And she threatened suicide if we ever talked about going to a shrink or talking about this like it is a problem.

For once I wanted to see someone break out of it, if only it is in a fucking feelgood canadian webcomic.
Fuck you Jeff.

Uh, you probably shouldn't watch Hoarders then.

Uh, you realize there's no such thing as a breathalyzer test for weed, right?

prepare your anus

these guys calling their opponents pedos, that's rich

so we've gotten to the point where the concept of bacon triggers these people.

This tweet is fuckng retarded, did he share it or do we just have to take his word on it?
Like how Alice is really the good guy.

Oh, I would have posted it if I had any idea who he was talking about. I checked Sam Maggs and Zoe Quinn and nothing there. But I did get cancer in the process.

the levels of worseness broached by this comic are unfathomable

I think this confirms that after Alice Grove, Jeph is terrified of even considering going against the will of the shipfags.

He really has lost whatever control remained over his own webcomic.

Uh-oh! Boy, is she in for a surprise!
Could this be drama looming over the horizon?
Probably not, but the potential is there.

I honestly can't think of any lower level of godforsaken.

Forgot image. Speaking of which, does anyone know why I can only upload one image at a time now?

Have you refreshed? Things go wonky if Holla Forums changes the software while you have a page open. That said, I have no idea if there have been any recent changes.

It's funny how this has happened at least twice now. Previously Jeph sets up Marten X Emily but the fans want the tranny. Now we have lolrandum IPP and Emily on the scrap heap because their characters have no more purpose in this fictional world.

I just opened the thread, my computer's been off all day. Can you upload multiple files or just one?

I didn't actually do it but the dialog accepted multiple inputs. Here's an actual test.

Lemme try.

Guess it's just me then, that's fucking weird.

QUESTIONABLE PROPHECY

So is the question now how there are so many gays contained in this town? Because this sampling rate seems pretty high, even for Seattle or wherever Jeph hasn't decided on.

IIRC the series takes place in Northampton, Massachusetts, because the college library that Marten works at (allegedly, since we haven't seen him at work for like 500 pages or something) is Smif college, an obvious analogue to the real-life Smith college, located in Northampton.
I can't testify as to the amount of faggots and dykes being accurate, but both the real and fictional Smith college are all-girls schools, take that as you will.

So what's the tranny doing there, then?

fictional school, fictional >woman

Smith accepts girls (male) but not boys (female). They've chosen to embrace the poz.

Marten lives in a college town, an all-girls college nonetheless, and yet he still ends up dating a tranny?

I didn't think it was possible to be so mediocre.

I think Marten just got so sick of having his balls busted by nearly every single woman in his life (Faye, Dora, Tai, even his own mom) that he just snapped and found a "woman" who was biologically a man as some twisted, subconscious cry for help. Just look at his face in the last panel, that's the face of a broken man.

That makes a twisted amount of sense. Every vagina that has shown any interest in him has turned the screws tighter, so a penis makes this one safe, right? Any harbor in a storm.

Smith is basically the faggot capitol of american colleges, because it's all-women and so attracts feminazis, SJWs, and tenured gender studies professors. Because of this, students are a lot more susceptible to dating other women, which usually lasts for the time they're at college ("Lesbian Until Graduation", or LUGs), but can last longer.

Source: watched it happen to my sister.

Not only that but he works at the actual college. He works at the place in the college where the girls actually congregate.

It's been a while, but Douglas Campus at Rutgers was basically like this, but SJWism was in its prototype stage at the time. The straight women were desperate to be "rescued" by men from the constant harassment by lesbians. The college had a policy of keeping dorm doors open to enforce the no-males rule but hairy, fat, nearly naked lesbians used it as an excuse to saunter into random rooms looking for muff action.

All the bad behaviors these people project that men do they do themselves. Men would never get away with behavior like this. They'd be beaten to death in a matter of hours, even minutes.

Jeph is so isolated he doesn't think it strange to take over 3 hours to buy milk, eat a sandwich, and require a nap afterwards.

Everyone someone talks about Rutgers, it never surprises me that they're talking about the New Brunswick location. I would say it should be bombed, but the pests would just move on to the other Rutgers locations.

I went to Busch campus, techincally in Piscataway rather than New Brunswick, which was basically a bunch of engineers and other STEM students. I'm sure there were sociology, etc. majors but they were clearly the minority. Most of "softies" went to College Ave, Douglas, or Mason Gross. Then there's Livingston, which you could call a discount Busch with a higher crime rate. It was definitely much closer to "blue collar" there, at least 15 or so years ago.

Never been to the Newark location, but Camden is basically an average community college with slightly better funding. But it's situated in basically a third world shithole. I imagine the Newark location is the same. NJIT never had an armed guard out of line-of-sight when I was around and they had hands on holstered guns when gang members were in the vicinity. The entrances had bars and the receptionists were protected by bulletproof glass.

Going by the simple principle that leftists always project Jeph was the dude and the friend was Shelly and this is the madtweeting about it hours later?

oh god no

Once again AI succeeds where Jeph fails

Surprise, surprise, tension immediately dissipated.

can confirm Newark is in a niggerzone. The dorms had security guards behind bulletproof glass sign you in, lots of Muslim niggers (Newark is where the Moorish Science Temple was founded), lots of shootings near campus, fairly unpleasant overall.

R'enë is just being sad now.
Also, she's acting like she's had bar bathroom sex on at least one occasion. This either makes her a defensive liar or a disgusting slut. I wonder which one Jeph intended.

This is a marked improvement.

Gross.

Holy shit, has Jeph made a faggot apologize to a woman for being a faggot…?

I was reminded of this and it's quite telling. #1300.

As a white male, he's still lower on the Diversity Pecking Order than the black female.

I wonder if 2017 Dora would grow a penis for Tai.

I have to imagine that FFVIII and especially Deadly Premonition are joke entries.

Last two digits of my post is the chances Jeph has played any of the games he listed.

This is definitely one to raise on his forums/reddit - it's like Chad's made to feel ashamed for being gay.

I shouldn't be surprised, given that ME2 is where the series started tumbling downhill, trying to be """"mature"""" and """"serious"""" in the most lazy, superficial ways possible. A big part of ME1's appeal was that it had a sort of classic Star Trek optimism to its tone. ME2 promptly threw that out the window and immediately tossed the player into Space Detroit, and they just kept making everything as grimdark and deliberately unpleasant as possible for the rest of the trilogy.

I think you may be right. Most of his comments about Deadly Premonition are about someone else playing it or how much he likes the music–pretty much nothing about actually playing it.

Jeph really does strike me as the kind of guy who would watch lets plays and speed runs and then claim to know all about a game. You know he's all into AGDQ/SMDQ now that it's all commercialized and especially since they're forcing laughably non-passing purple hair trannies into every possible scenario.

So Jeph is making a 4 panel Family guy?

Jeph really is on another level of boring guy. You just know she's thinking, "$10k/month, $10k/month, $10k/month" the whole time.

Are you using the Tor client, NoScript, or anything else that might block JavaScript? I believe Holla Forums's "vanilla" mode is restricted to one image at a time.

No Tor, no NoScript. I have 8chanX active and Dollchan installed but not active. Also looks like Waterfox isn't giving me this issue, so it might be unique to my Chromium setup.

why do they talk like toddlers

That's where they're stuck in personal development.

What did she mean by this?

Aww, Jeph got hurt by the truth.
Facts are damaging to feels.

No real reason posting this other than it being an instant example of toddler talk.

Just about anything done with that page looks better, that algorithm seems to understand that the arm-stabbing is awful and stupid and tries to hide it so that it looks like what's her name is breaking his spine instead

I thought that pic was one of us mocking him for being pathetic, until I realised Shelby wasn't being raped.

Oh my god he's drawing himself as Chiyo-chan in those awful chibi panels and Shelby is Mr Tadakichi

Yup.

Jeph is committed to shitting all over the legacy of his own comic.

In the last, what, six months? Not even Jeph remembers how short the in-universe timescale for this comic is.

Qute, quirky robo-girl #12934 comming up.

Robo-boy that tries to dick pintsize. Or more likely, some brand new character to be introduced and forgotten in a month

Wow, it must have been phenomenally shit if it was built, tested, deployed then retired in disgrace with so much trauma it had to be mind-wiped, all in the space of a few months.

But then, I can see trouble beginning the very second they thought a warbot with emotional response was a good idea.

It's gonna be another gay robot. It will 'aggressively date' Pintsize after which he wants to have a body too. Then he kills Marten and releases him from this hell.

Jeph's descension into degeneracy has no bottom.

list of comics not worth reading

It puts up with Hannelore. It has, off-camera, for the entire time she interacted with nobody else.

Give the ipod a break, this is the most character development it'll ever get.

At least this makes more sense than Marigold's situation. Hanners has a dad who is looking for reasons to spend money on his daughter, so getting a cutting edge chassis with hyper realistic chassis and a fully functional penis is something that I can see him doing. Especially since he's sent her sex bots before.

Now, I enjoy ripping on Jeph as much as anyone else, but lately I have found it rather difficult.

So yeah, there's the occasional gem, but overall I find myself having to look real hard for stuff to rip on.
It's not that the writing/story are good, not at all!
Problem is that it's just so god-damned boring…

We know there use to be at least some story elements which could be improved upon, and that gave rise to the like of baggyfag and magnetfag, but this… It's like Jeph is striving for the lofty heights of mediocrity after his barely lukewarm "climax" of Alice Grove.

Could it be that Jeph has actually triggered himself out of any effort at all?
Is he now too scared to even try?
And I mean his standards of "try" - a low bar, indeed.

Where are the edits lads?

On the contrary, Jeph is developing into an urban badass.

He shit himself raw as soon as he got home.

What this guy said:

I know some people make the claim "QC hasn't changed! It was always like this!" but that's just not true. It was never good, but it absolutely has gotten worse. There's barely anything there to work with anymore. A year ago these threads were inspiring me to draw things like IPP about to get busy with some Lovecraftian consentacles. Even in just the last year the amount of actual things happening in the comic has diminished significantly.

Bafflingly Jeph's income just increases. It really boggles the mind. He should be halfway to Spoony by now.

But, yeah, slice of life is generally trash but once upon a time QC characters had personality, motivations, etc. Now they're all cardboard cutouts marking time.

Why haven't you made a shitty SoL webcomic yet, Holla Forums?

Gies a chance and maybe I will…
All i need to do is get my fucking life in order, but I've been intending to draw shit since the Robot Wars arc when we set out to save Rokocop.
For all we know, it's stuck in a bin someplace.

That can't be right.
What the fuck!? Has my sense of time been distorted that much? I don't loose track of dates and times in relation to my job, but this comic seems to take place in a compressed time bubble.

interesting plot lines never ever

It's certainly getting harder to come up with interesting/funny edits and omits.

I had the same feeling. I posted something a couple months back, and one user pointed out that it was a year to the day since I had posted pic related. I went and checked the file on my local storage to make sure that was actually the case, and then had to sit back and wonder where the hell the last year of my life went.

One year later and IPP is still no closer to getting the ginger dick.

Of course not. That dick is going to Elliot because Tumblr is willing to pay big bucks to see their yaoi ships sail.

Inb4 Jeph pulls a fast one and Clint, Elliot, and IPP all end up in a polyamorous relationship with Clinton being the anchor. I know That it's in vogue right now, so I think the odds aren't bad.

that poor dog, first he rapes her then he drives off the only friendly face she has seen in years?

She's going to get R'nee's maw to hell at this rate

Oh, you guys have no idea.

No idea at all.

its a sapient Ipod why wouldn't be unsure of its body preference

Anyone who unironically thinks this is a standard for cool needs to report for deprograming immediately so they can go back to being healthy.

Also:
What are the odds that his new chassis will be a Marten Recolor?

it has to be a joke right?

The resemblance to this is uncanny, and I doubt he'd use Patri-Archie as a basis, even ironically. Nice touch of authenticity with the hipster canned water T-shirt, though.

How the fuck can you tell the difference?

ayyyy

How long until literally every character has an undercut?
Handstab's been playing that faggot dating simulator meme game hasn't he?

I wonder if her list includes the Spunky Tommy© RealBoy™ Chassis, With Realistic Hair, 2 Willing Holes & Optional Foreskin.

But this is Hannelore's Winslow, not Marten's Pintsize.

The quiet ones are the biggest freaks when you take off their clothes. Also, the solar option is guaranteed to be better than not having the solar option unless it's technology is somehow flawed or cumbersome.

My main question is concerning Hannelore and Winslow's soon to be sexual compatibility. They've been good friends for years and he's about to get a hypoallergenic penis. He will undoubtedly be curious about everything his new body is capable of, and she will be living with a "man" who doesn't secrete any bodily fluids to gross her out. How quickly do you think she'll jump his bones?

That sounds far too sensible for Jeph, it's more likely he'll tease them getting together and then suddenly ship Winslow with Pintsize.

Here's what you're going to do, user:
>Head to the k==>OH GOD WHERE DID ALL THIS BLOOD COME FROM AAAAAAAAA==

But Jeph is a savant at this. Even if I determine the single most boring, easiest to draw, Tumblr satisfying result, he can still cut even lower by switching to something even less interesting. Hell, if he feels pressured, he can pull out the Big Guns and do a filler page.

The absolute blandest tumblrbait i can think of is having the robot have several choices of white chassis, and then picking a dumpy looking brown one because it represents the robot's inside best.

…yes? That is in fact what I said.

A good start. Just wait for Jeph to do something even worse. Any other takers? Come on people, hedge your bets! Do it while the thread's still around!

The robot is going to be a "queer" Asian and bang the big guy.

If there's any time for a non-binary gag, it's now. But Jeph won't do it, even though you know he's thought of it by now, because then Tumblr will crucify him for trivializing their made up sexuality.

Maybe Winslow will change his mind and stay as he is after a conversation with Claire about the ease of changing his own body seeming offensively easy to >her.

It was okay back when Momo did it because she didn't think she was a boy.

I'm betting that he'll get a body, move out with little fanfare, and be forgotten.

double triples

Did I just imagine it, or was there some mention of robots being discriminated against back in the Robot Wars story…?
Was that something we made up to try and make sense of it all, or was it genuine?

'Cause it looks to me like these robots are pretty well catered for.

I mean, the fact that the "CoolGuy" design is even an option and hasn't been recalled for people smashing it up on sight, suggests to me that the townsfolk are pretty damn tolerant.

It's probably the exact same thing as Clarence's situation, where he claims to be bullied due to being a tranny, but we never see that onscreen because it would trigger the fuck out of Jeph's meal tickets.

There was that one time that Menstro was walking along the sidewalk and overheard some guys making fun of her and she got upset and Faye had to hug her. I think that's the closest we've had to on-screen robo-ppression.

Oh, and that bit where blue robot girl was denied repair coverage, but I think that case stemmed from her ex-convict status rather than generic robot discrimination.

Man, Jeph's not very good with antagonists, is he?

Pinkbot, Bowtie, all the bullies and bigots in town; he keeps hinting that they have done really bad and terrible things but that's as far as it ever goes. He really tries his hardest to avoid giving the readership any real reason to think the badguys are actually bad.
Yet, somehow the fucking idiot fans actually buy into this…

May couldn't get a job application because the owner was a robo-bigot and Momo was going on about robot rights before anything was established.

Lets not forget the fact that his bad guys hold "inherently bad opinions" which make them seem like well balanced, reasonable people.

I think it's the fact that absolutely nothing happens in QC, so you get the impression that time hasn't passed.

That's quite bigoted of them. It's also a reminder of how quickly the robots have been normalised. It's a slippery slope.

Hannelore is now Dora, too.

Jeph looking for new model. Old one raped out.

At some point, Shelly might have just become so numb that she stopped responding to anything he does. It's no fun for him if she doesn't struggle, so he needs a new one to break in.

Jeph is right, an advertisement for puppies for sale is the perfect place to put basic facts about dogs. They must also include disclaimers that they require being fed and walked, are susceptible to injury and illness, and will eventually stop being puppies and one day even die. This will be one subsection in an 800 page document that spans from feeding and clothing yourself to itemizing your tax deductions, because Jeph lives in a world where all the responsibility of informing yourself lies on other people.

No shit, Sherlock.
Chew you havisfaction a singlicious satisfact to snack that up, m8?

Glad someone remembers the old snickers threads

I find this objectification objectionable.

Fired.

I can't tell if that's a real thing or a troll edit.

(Checked)
Everything is "cute" with mr autogynephilia. Some women might like it, but no man aims for "cute" when deciding how to look.

Also,

Also, forgot to say: Everything is "butts" with mr autogynephilia.

That chasis is the laziest character design Jeph has come up with yet and I just know he's going to somehow make it worse

WHY is the skin BLUE.
WHY is the hair PURPLE.

The regular boy with a "cute butt" looks like a fucking 14 year old.

Aside from that, I don't see someone like Hannelore opting for such a high-maintenance haircut. It's already been established that she doesn't do hugs as she doesn't like physical contact, so I don't see her being too eager to make all the appointments necessary to get that hair trimmed - before long it'll look even more fucking ridiculous than it already does.

The long, unkempt hair made more sense - less maintenance; less hairdressers; less strangers rubbing their hands across her head - hands that have touched any number of greasy, dandruffy scalps before hers.

And by the looks of that 3rd panel, she's only been exercising her right thigh while the left atrophies away.

I can only assume that a "cute regular boy" model is emulating the twink aesthetic, so 14 is right on the money.

I can't defend the hair, though. If she wanted short hair, she would have just taken a Flowbee to it and called it a day. What she has now is just ridiculous.

Handstab couldn't even be bothered to look at the last panel he made, and fucked up the shotabot's skin tone. Which makes this statement even worse.

I'm willing to assume that it's a different chassis entirely, but a lack of establishing shot makes the transition awkward because you naturally assume that it's the one we've already seen.

Also, my bet about 14 year old twink aethetic was right on the money. Hanners is shorter than Marten and Martin is a Manlet, so Winslow is about the same height as Sam.

And as I finished typing, I realized that this was probably intentional and he's probably going to hook up with her because they're "the same age". Jeph will also assume that robots and Humans age at the same rates for some fucking reason and this will keep it from being weird. Jeph hid the Sam/Winslow ship inside the hull of the supposed Hannelore/Winslow ship, and now he can go either way depending on how Tumblr responds to his interactions over the next week.

for fucks sake

Yup, just what QC needed - another fucking character!

I can only hope all this body-transferral will trigger the fuck out of the tranny and we get some genuine, honest-to-goodness conflict.

It's a fucking smiley face on a copied head…
Fucking children draw smiley faces all over the place!

Of all the things he could actually put some effort into - backgrounds, textures, movement, gesture, mechanical detail…
No; the pinnacle of his skill is a smiley-fucking-face.

Didn't he literally occupy a body for like a day. Was his memory purged?

Cephaloforms are fucking cucks.

I'd have thought it'd have changed clothes by now into something more… good?
Basically, anything to make it look less like a mascot for fucking Play-Doh.

And for fuck's sake, it's not behaving very machine-like at all. It's more like an adopted kid. I mean sweat? For fuck's sake, Jeph - at least try to put some effort in…

Jeph a pedo now too?

We need a strip where shotabot glitches and gets stuck with Doraface.

The current euphemism for pedo is minor attracted person. It's the next big push in civil rights.

I wouldn't be surprised if the official line becomes that it's impossible to be a paedophile towards a boy, as paedophilia requires power plus privilege over the victim, and boys already have more power plus privilege than girls, so they don't count.

Thanks, Patreanon. Love how Jeph is flaunting the dissolving of a dynamic in a mostly static universe. I guess homeostasis is the end goal of this thing.

Don't give them ideas.
I never understood how they could come to the same conclusion for every word that could be applied to their hypocrisy as redefined to include "Power + Privilege" into them. Putting aside how checking ones privilege is seen as a joke by everyone slightly to the right of crazy, how do these people define "Power"? It better not be a feedback loop of Power = Power + Privilege.

Not that I had any expectation for ol' Hanstab to keep his characters consistent, or put effort into anything.

His plan on hooking Marigold up with Sam didn't pan out because he pushed too hard too fast, so now he's trying again. The operating assumption here is that having sex with underage boys is harmless, because they want it anyway.

In truth, he's a robot and shouldn't be considered to have the same age as his chassis appears, but Jeph is already beginning to tweak his personality to fit his new twink exterior.

What if jeff is a closet AnCap?

inb4 QC becomes Twokinds

Like all great sagas, it's time for Jeph to put his cast on a boat.

Really puts Jeph's relationship with his dog in perspective.

I think you mean, "confirms what we have suspected for a loooong time."

I just tried to think of what the actual point in QC is right now… Now that the heart-wrenching drama of Robot Wars is brushed neatly under the carpet, and a tarpaulin thrown over Alice Grove, it seems to me like Jeph is now reacting *entirely* to the autistic wailing of his fanbase/overlords and giving them the one thing he knows will have them flapping and honking their approval in the forums - relationshit!

Everyone will soon be fucking everyone else (except Marten). He's even giving the appliance-based AIs anthroforms so they can join in the big, totally consentual, utterly empowering, diversity-celebrating gang bang of such MiniSocJus-approved levels of deviance that it'll make Boku no Pico look like fucking La Jetté.

And the cast will celebrate by ritually slicing Marten's cock off.

Watch out for any tweets by Jeph mentioning RSI in his hands.

New thread

.>>902254
This is plausible.
God punish Jeph.

GAY