They say high schools supposed to be the happiest time of your life

They say high schools supposed to be the happiest time of your life.

Only if your life is extremely short.

Exactly. You're funny.

See what happens when you give people a chance?

Our happiest years will begin when we make our first million; I can't wait to stroll down the riviera with a model on each arm. Heh.

Gee, thats interesting; I guess you can be intellectually gifted and still be morally bankrupt.

I certainly hope so! *laughs*

Oh my God.

I can't believe David has the nerve to show up.

Who does he think he is?

What did he do? Cheat on a test?

Worse. We got our SAT scores back today; David's were only in the 90th percentile. Idiot.

I just can't hang out with him anymore; hes just too… banal.

And he used to be so interesting.

Thank God for standardized tests; otherwise you'd never know who your real friends are.

Right; I mean, amusing.

See what happens when you give people a chance?

Daria!

Hey guys, wait up!
Daria thread

Miss this show.

are you a hairy fat lesbian?

You should genuinely go back and watch Daria because it's not as tumblr as you think it was

Also Jane best girl

Woah, what an unique observation!

It was more or less for contrarians though

The overall lesson of the show is "If you're wading through the chaos of adolescence, contrarianism is a good tool to keep yourself from fucking your own shit up".

Weren't there times when her sarcasm and cynicism backfired on her, I don't remember too many episodes very well.

Yeah. I forget what episodes, but the episode where she has a breakdown over a cardboard box that brought up her childhood is one of those "You make it really hard to raise you." episodes.

A lot of the episodes centered around Tom go over that too. Especially on the episode where they were both supposed to sleep together for the first time but Daria keeps either second guessing it or reading too much into it all.

Diarrhoea cha cha cha.

It was boring and unfunny, the parady being too accurate. All it did was created a feedback loop for future tumblrites.

No, you just have a bad attitude and no sense of humor.

I'll never forget how many girls in Highschool thought that they were Daria and everyone else were Quinns.

Daria's own feminist speeches where she's supposed to sound sophisticated were often contradictory too.

Example?

It's generic shit. Her (((feminist speeches))) are typical generic prolefeed and often she contradicts herself between episodes.

Mike Judge didn't consent to making a spin-off and had nothing to do with the show. Think about that

The epitome of the 90's culture.
Today we can clearly see in that show the tiny cancer cells that spread and grew into current SJW madness, but back then it was just:
But now it's clear that it was one of many seeds that blossomed into the death of the West.

Welcome to Holla Forums, where fanboys like you are told that the thing you love the most is in reality an overrated shit.

I wouldn't have it be any other way.

/thread

Because Daria was overrated tried too hard and didn't age well. Mike Judge was able to bring back (albeit temporarily) Beavis and Butt-head and it was relevant.

I would be cool that Beavis assertion that Daria killed herself was canon, so the spin-off is just Daria hallucination as she dies.

It blows my mind that Beavis and Butthead had more of a musical element to it than anything else that's been on MTV in the last decade.

You're obviously too young to remember the actual manifestations of political correctness that were all over the place in the 90s. Daria wasn't one of them.

All that means is the later stuff will be much, much worse

You're trying to outdo Brockfag, but you're not half the autist he could be.

no, i was just living in Poland in the 90's so the PC didnt hit us that hard, but Daria was still aired via german MTV with about a half a year lag from the original airing

We need a thread on those.

Do it.

who said that? ever?
give me a link to the quote pls

also, still think nothing of this show. I somehow never heard of it until years later, which leads me to believe it's terrible and that only contrarians/hipsters like it

logical

bump

Reported for faggory.

Honestly my highschool life seems so minor now that I look back on it. Granted it wasn't bad but just looking back and realizing how SAT scores and stuff like that really don't mean shit is somewhat releaving. Does this show only work if you are in highschool or if you are past highschool can you still watch it and enjoy it?

the autism is off the charts

Daria was pretty cool.

Holla Forums is in bed with Anime shit right now, it was not always like this, go back a couple of years back In the archives, Shit like Jojo, Hero academia, Little Witch Academia, each were nails upon Holla Forums's Holla Forums coffin. I blame the mod mafia I just check this board once or twice every week and back then was the main thing I checked every time I went to my PC.

The BO is a weeb, I wouldn't care about the anime shit as much if the mods actually did their jobs.

Every time I see you post this shit I check the catalog and come up with pretty much nothing outside of reaction images.
Stop getting triggered over reaction images.

Also now that I'm looking at the rest of the conversation you seem to be blaming anime because of cynical anons that say everything is shit, which is even more retarded considering those types are on every board of every imageboard.

He's just an autistic spammer that's been spamming Holla Forums and other board's since 2016.

The West was doomed to begin with.

What is the point in reposting this in every thread?