Lego Batman Movie

This scene was a little to meta and sad

It was but its a shame the movie wasn't really good, it was a little over baring if you asked me. The comedy worked in the Lego Movie but mostly because the main character wasn't as pompous as batman here.

Also…

It's still one of the best Batman movies released in decades, though.

I liked the movie since Lego Batman acts like how his fanboys say he is .This fucking asshole who can some how come out on top of impossible odds but in the end hes a just sad man who misses his mommy and daddy who acts hard as a defensive measure

Now that's some contrarian bullshit.

explain

I liked it in the beginning. I like it when it was about

But then it got much worse. The resolution pissed me off. The always-right Barbara Gordon really does not belong in the movie.
The way she always makes the right decisions without any mistakes and people doubting her in the beginning just because she is a women reeks of feminist bullshit.

But the real problem is Batman's development. It just feels against his character (for me) to succumb to pressure and just give up and agree with Barbara on everything. He was right about endangering people close too him, he just thinks in big picture, where this crisis is just another day in his life, but for others it's the end of the world. They really had to make him wrong just so they could pull this ham-fisted "teamwork" moral even if its against his character in the movie. He can't change himself so quickly. Just imagine for a second. Instead of agreeing with Barbara in prison, he takes out hidden communicator, and deeply apologises to Superman and tells him everything. Superman is not his friend, but he is still his comrade. So justice league takes on the escaped villains. And Batman does not have to team up with anyone at all.
My point is that Batman should be able to admit his mistakes, since he is actually competent.
But giving up on his ideal of fighting alone just because he fucked up once seems out character for him to me. And Barbara should not matter here.
But all this would go against feminism so of course it would not happen.

Oh, and let's not forget how Barbara always said that police had to work with Batman, how she would make Batman accountable and make police better.
But in the end she just becomes Batgirl, which went against everything she said in the beginning.

I guess my problem is how he ends up using the villains in the end to fight the Joker rather than getting the Justice League to help him. I mean he even said in an earlier scene that using criminals to fight evil is a stupid idea.

It was okayish until it revealed that Joker's tentative new recruits in the Phantom Zone was just a bunch of movie monsters, then it just became extremely lame. The whole thing is still a corporate wet dream I wish I had never seen.

My four and there year nephews loved it. So in a way, I guess it did its job.

I enjoyed the film overall, but Dick and Barbara's VAs were god awful. Whoever did Dick was really squeaky, and Rosario Dawson is becoming the next Tara Strong to me. Pic related made me laugh when I went to see her credits.

It's the kind of film you watch, enjoy, then are indifferent to afterwards. The comedy was good, the accuracy to DC comics was astounding compared to the usual shitshow you get and it had that unique animation charm that those crazy cunts up in Brisbane have got down to a science.

The guy who did the voice of Dick is Michael Cera.

I only know of him from the Flash.

No longer my ears were hurting from it. Everything he does pisses me off. He's like the somehow worse version of Jesse Eisenberg.

Google mixed them up as they were both in the musical Rent. I guess the machine said "Fuck it, they're both black who can tell?"
I didn't know Martin was in L&O. I like him as a cop on The Flash, so that might be worth a watch.

Meant no wonder. I have no idea how retarded I am that I managed to type that.

I got the impression it was made by people who spent a day reading up on Batman on wikipedia, and then a bit of tumblr, rather than by anyone who actually likes Batman.
I hated that it had a ton of other movie villains, instead of really using Batman villains.
I hated that they made Barbara and Jim black. Fuck you, Batgirl and Gordon are not black.
I hated that little dig at the Batgirl name.
I hated it.

It's Michael Cera's fault. His voice can cause all kinds of anomalies

I like this film because it pisses off casuals.

i thought the movie was fun

A women flip flops on her ideals, and in other news water is wet.

What people?

i've never seen the movie and that is probably the most cringe-inducing shit i have ever seen.

No, you like it because you are a casual.

Cheap joke, but it got me.

LEGO Batman is a godawful Batman movie. It's the pop culture caricature of Batman most people have in their mind's eye having only seen a couple of the movies or whatever and barely, if at all, touched the comics. All obvious stuff. The bat-logo is the old Burton movie one. Why? It's recognisable and used on most pop culture merch. Robin is a little faggot with glasses. Barbara is a mixed race strong independent woman.

You should be fucking ashamed of yourself. You're parroting a line reviewers shat out from day one, and it's not true. It's a lowest common denominator LEGO parody of Batman, and it's not even close to being insightful or faithful to what he's about.

Are you serious? Is this a bait post? Is somebody baiting me?

I refuse to believe this was written in seriousness.

No user. You are the bait.

I agree with him 100%.

I never joke about Batman. This is serious. Srs bsns. Super cereal.

LEGO Batman was genuinely just a disappointing childrens movie
with no respect for any of the Bat family. The reviewers are all either full of shit or
credulous buffoons. Then again, nothing new there.

Why do you think people being right is some kind of joke? I know it's rare but it does happen

He's right.

His post is pretty accurate, care to elaborate on why you disagree or are you just going to be a bitch about it?

But I preferred a team up with all of his foes, both known and obscure, over the bland ass Justice League yet again.

First, I'll point out that you're getting mad over a parody of Batman. Which means you sound like teenagers who get mad at the 1966 Batman series or think that Batman & Robin is the worst movie ever. The kind of people who aren't comfortable reading a dumb superhero comic and need something that would make them seem more mature. You know, casuals.

Bitching that the LEGO Batman is a "pop-culture caricature" is missing the point of the LEGO Batman movie. He's SUPPOSED to be a pop-culture caricature. They're playing off of what Batman has been for the last thirty years: A brooding loner who has no friends. So they mock it and explore it, revealing that Batman is kind-of a lonely jerk who pushes people away because he's afraid of losing them like he lost his parents. It's the kind of message in a Batman film I haven't seen since Batman Forever where Batman grappled with the direction of his life.

As for
Yeah, he is silly. He's a joke villain from the Batman the Animated Series episode "Make em' Laugh". But if there's something that 1000 issues of Batman comics, seven cartoons, two serials, one live-action television series, and eight movies have taught me is that Batman is a very silly character. He's got villains like Orca, The Eraser, Kite-Man, and Zebra Man, all of which were featured in LEGO Batman. To say Batman is serious is not only wrong, but stupid.

tl;dr fuck you and your feels, you sub-human casual filth. You're just mad cause "niggers"

this is actually funny

That's mostly because the Hollywood has the habit of making characters in animated films like the celebrities to cast them in. They do this a good 85% of the time. They also made two-face black in the movie but that was mostly a reference back to the Keaton films and the failed follow up plot for Batman 3 with Billy Dee Williams as two-face considering he was Dent in the first film.

Blame new 52 batgirl.

But over all, as a movie the main issue plaguing it was the main character. Its a parody of the dark brooding batman but he's so grating to listen to and to damn selfish too. I know that's the point but it just leaves a bad taste in the mouth. It worked in the lego movie, here not so much but overall it makes for a rental if any.

Such is life on Holla Forums.

Eh. As explorations go, it's barely a step out of the door and back inside again.
Hm. I guess the movies rarely dig particularly deep in the characterization and lore, given the normal-fag nature of the medium.
Clearly, it depends, and the character can be depicted either way.
Yeah, they're a liability, and I don't particularly want them in my entertainment, much less replacing and changing characters I'd otherwise enjoy seeing again.
One day, they'll make Raven a muslim. You fucking know it.

Ahhhhh, I was wearing headphones!

It's not even earrape. I think you need to lower your audio output.

user you're letting this political bullshit go to your head, this is Holla Forums so let it go. The time of rage is when it happens not when things was still in the air, if you let it out now it'll make any conversation you have a miserable mess.

The more you mention the action happening, the more 'ironic fate' is going to cause it to happen. So please, shut up.

Oh boy.

I'd argue the character can't be depicted any other way than silly. You can make the character stone cold serious and realistic, and it would only highlight how silly the whole thing is. Batman, as with all other superheroes, are inherently silly.

I was more annoyed by Batgirl's character than her niggerness, though it made me think of a Batman film with Commissioner Gordon played by Danny Glover.

How can someone be this wrong?

Where did you even come from?
What the fuck dude there's so much wrong in both posts.

user please don't be so racist against the other primates

I dont remember seeing this many aneurysms back when the movie first came out

Absolutely everyone here was talking about black Barbara and the Hillary Clinton stand in after the movie came out.