Batman: White Knight

Where were you when DC comics decided to let one of their writers turn the Joker into a social justice warrior?

archive.is/hZi6K

Other urls found in this thread:

gallup.com/poll/201617/gallup-daily-trump-job-approval.aspx
archive.fo/LCZh5
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Murphy_(artist)
empire-dcp-minutemen-scanss.blogspot.com/2017/07/previews-347-marvel-previews-vol-4-001.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ah yes, Batman's equivalent to Superman's taking over the world.
And there went all potential.

Yet again another fun elseworld idea ruined by retarded writers not seeing the real issues in life.

I want to punch this person. I want to punch them so hard.

They're going to make The Joker Stephen fucking Colbert. An entire else-worlds to make The Joker a fucking political pundit.

Seriously. It could've been about Joker having to deal with everyone hating him while he tries to put his life together and the other characters for or against his being incarcerated or killed anyway for his past crimes. But no, it's just a thin plot so the writer can shove their political opinions on people.

Oh, and

This person is a fucking retard and I want them to go away forever.

Why? Black Lives Matter? Wage gap? Why? Who gives a shit?

I'm angry because on the surface, it sounds like the kind of classic Joker plot we haven't seen in ages. The Joker goes "legit" and turns all of Gotham against Batman. I can see it all in my minds eye, complete with tv puns and a Soupy Sales-esq scheme. It's beautiful.

But no, we have to have an entire book that's The Daily Show with Jack Napier.

FUCKING CASUALS

You know even with the SJW shit this could have potential. They could portray the Nu-joker as a extremely corrupt politician that is good at covering his tracks and pushes this shit for votes/power. Eventually making Gotham turn on Batman to "Make our Streets Safer."

But these people couldn't make something that interesting. It will probably end of being a story on how the "EVIL RICH WHITE MALE" Bruce Wayne is the real villain or some horseshit like that.

I have absolutely no interest in this book.

These characters have been done to death now, and they’ll keep on regurgitating new, tired and weary plots till they go bankrupt.

Should I keep reading?

Save yourself the headache.

So this is just supposed to be an Elseworlds thing, right?

Only if you want to rant in length about the current state of comics the world

Yeah, an alternate reality mini-series.
They could've done whatever they wanted, and they picked this.

Whoever wished for more Elseworlds minis must've used the monkey's paw.
So this is a retread of I, Joker minus the dystopia? Sad, I like Sean Murphy's work in Tokyo Ghost and Chrononauts

How surprising.

They should just gender swap all the characters, draw them lewd and make the final fight a volleyball match on the beach in a sunny day.

Fuck

Seconded.
Imagine the uproar from the SJWs.
They’d get publicity worth millions – for free.

A mini-series that is just pure lewdness, scantily clad gender-swapped characters and absolute mayhem. If they actually made it good, that’d be even more hilarious.

Yes, you should. You need to find out how a single elseworlds comic managed to piss-off everybody.

I told you to stop messing around with that monkey's paw.

Didn't we have that and wasn't it called "Amecom Girls"?

Story time?

oh noes whatever will we do

Honestly we shouldn't allow this guy to write his own comics. Punk rock Jesus was a fucking mess.

Only if you've been under a rock or haven't kept your ear to the grapevine.
Who wouldn't order copies of the latest Batman comic, canon or otherwise?

Fucking this. I could feel all my hype deflate the moment I read they want to tackle first world issues into a motherfucking elseworld story that for once shows Batman as the villain. If there is one good thing about this is that SJWs will probably not like being represented by the Joker of all people, but its hardly a consolation. I legitimately wanted to read this without any Black Lives Matter and wage gap bullshit. Why, Holla Forums?

Fuckin make me

The sad thing is that I would love the "media war" plot idea covered in comics, since it's so rarely seen.

Imagine a story where Lex Luthor forcibly purchases the Daily Planet to assimialte it into his media conglomerate. He turns it into a propaganda mill for LexCorp, unknowingly stressing out his enemy's private life as he's forced into inserting political bias and violating his own beliefs of what constitutes journalism. Bam, a fantastic Superman story and a potential classic.

I remember there was a story like that in the 80's or 90's. Joker thinks he's killed Batman, becomes sane and gets his skin fixed. He leads a normal life and gets happily married but then learns Batman still alive and loses his shit and turns back into the Joker.

Honestly, I would like to see a story where Batman turns evil and see him unleash his wrath on the villains but this is fucking stupid.

That sounds like an excellent idea.

Was it called Going Sane and was it in a comic called Legends of the Dark Knight?

sauce? I tried looking it up but couldn't find it.

I remember that. It came at the point right about when the social justice stuff really blew up. I don't think DC has the balls to try something that lewd again yet.

Not sure, I remember reading it as single issue.

I think he called himself Joe Kerr and got a house in the suburbs, the whole deal.

It was.

Then maybe so.

I, Joker

Thanks fam.

Well, if this Elseworlds leaves a bad taste in your mouth, at least we have Nightwing: The New Order coming out next month.

Nightwing gets pissy at superheroes and sets up a Nightwing Army to kill all metahumans and aliens.

Just another blatantly obvious sign these writers view right as wrong and vice versa.

That sounds awesome. But he'll be painted like a monster instead of just right. It's the same thing they always do with Superman.

"Our Heroes Are Human".

Goddammit, this is gonna be another hamfisted racism allegory, isn't it?

The issue I tend to find with comics like these is that authors tend to really, really stretch situations and such to make the situation plausible, which tends to lead into everyone looking dumb as hell in the comic.

Like maybe taking down evil metahumans and aliens I can understand, but going after ALL of them despite some of them being heroes (and far better ones than Nightwing at that) or civilians / bystanders (which to be fair are usually non-established characters in the first place created just to make the "dictator" look bad.)

They also tend to pick the worst characters to do this with, characters whose established personalities and such would never do such a thing even in the wake of tragedy.

I've never heard of any of that crap

For some reason I keep thinking of Wolfenstein the New Order.

The weird thing is, this New Order shit would work perfectly for Batman, since Batman IS actually a racist asshole towards metahumans who distrusts people with superpowers. "Our Heroes Are Human" is exactly the kind of slogan that he'd use. Not so much with Nightwing, who has never had any problem with metahumans in his comic history.

In a possible well written scenario, which this isn't, Nightwing would take up Bruce's hatred to a heightened degree maybe after seeing Bruce get killed by a metahuman. Turning his anger against all metahumans and the heroes that didn't help Batman in the right moment.

fuck off casual

There was an interview floating about on one of those "dudecomics nerdcred lmao" sites.

The synopsis is that Dick leads an army to hunt down metas and aliens due to them doing something bad in the past, but then the army he leads targets his family for some reason (maybe he's with Kori? Doesn't mention it) so he teams up with the last guys he has been hunting and overthrows his own forces.

It could very well be made into a leftist allegory, but it's written by Kyle Higgins who did v3 of Nightwing (Nu52, which wasn't too bad). Higgins pretty much only works on Nightwing and Batman comics, and nothing he has done strikes me as particularly shit. He does want comics to be for everyone, but he has only done that through making new heroes/characters instead of replacing old ones and doesn't force them beyond their intended arc/story.

Actually, on the topic of Higgins and left-wing shit, he did created a French Nightwing for Batman Incorporated. He was called Nightrunner, who was an Algerian-French Muslim. The kid was caught up in a bunch of Muslim riots, by both sides, and realised that both the police, government and his community were at fault, so he ignored his race/religion and targeted both sides. It's not often that you see a Muslim hero admit his own people are at fault and actively target their ways. Most of current year writers would just pull a The Movement and make the police the baddies constantly.

Art is by Trevor McCarthy, who did the second vol of Nightwing; the early 2000's stuff, and currently does Batwoman. I like his art, but it gets squandered on a lot of projects, see: current Batwoman.

The two of them worked together on Batman: Gates of Gotham, which was alright.

Comes out at the end of August, 6 monthly issues. I'll storytime it when it comes out and we can hate/love it together.

Sounds like it could be good.

Doesn't sound too bad, especially if they will go neural route and talk about dangers of extremism. It might even be a nice surprise, depending on how they will handle Nightwing suddenly having problem with metas and aliens. Unfortunately, same can't be said about White Knight, since author already mentioned wage inequality and BLM.

I will never get used to that damn word.

Well, that's shit. I figure they would actually explore some genuine issue in this comic, but no, it's just another "hero is with the designated bad guys until his loved ones get in the line of fire, then switches sides" trope.

Well, that explains it.

I remember trying to read some of that, but the dude was just so bland and boring that I quickly dropped it. Actually, that goes for basically all of Batman, Inc.'s international Batmen, none of them were memorable.

Batman Inc wasn't very good. It was just "lmao batman but with a regional accent and costume :DD"

See the idea of "humans decide to kill metahumans and aliens" is one I want to see done well, but every fucking time they do this whether it's Marvel or DC they never follow through. One character eventually decides "nah this is wrong" and the metahumans win in the end.

Have any of those writers worked in their entire life? Hell I worked in a shitty factory and everyone got a wage depending on their job.

Wow. Absolutely none of that sounds fun. Realism is the worst meme.

The current western model is to pace everything from the slowest runner.
Meritocracy is discriminatory, and Lord help us if someone gets their feelings hurt.
Enjoy, my man. The first world is imploding and you are the inheritors of our position.
Provided the decaying husks of Europa and America don't irradiate the world as a final fuck you.

Another thing we can thank Marvel for.
"How will people believe this story of a man with spider powers unless we show him having to pay rent?"

First draft of the script you ordered

Clark hesitates on his article. We see the title of the piece, "The New Face of Terrorism". He sighs before regretfully clicking submit.

Oh god I can already tell this is going to be shit.

Alternate reality mini-series about CIA when?

First I read Mile High Comics isn't coming to San Diego Comic Con, then I read this fucking shit?!

It was called Going sane and yeah it was pretty decent

At this point the third world is going to be hit as hard as the first if not more from the waves and what comes next is going to come from a lot of people dying worldwide or something much worse, their plan comes to fruition.

The worst thing is that realism could be really cool if the writers weren't such dumb fucks trying to pass off making relations with the lives of everyday people as realism when if you really had super-powers your life would be very different.
The amount of times I see a hero get the element of surprise and gets to plan out his attack perfectly when he doesn't have fucking x-ray vision is infuriating. Having a hero always have the threat of an ambush, trap or sniper looming over his head would be quite enjoyable if he was smart enough to always take it slow and not just barge in with his bare hands. Of course Marvel can't even do their regular shit correctly so the chances of having a good truly realistic character is slim.

I read someone actually owns the word mutant and will sue if they use it. Not sure if true?

I have feeling this one will be good. It has so much potential. I'd be surprised if they screwed it up.

I love gender swap stories. I would buy it.

Marvel uses mutant, and there are mutants in lots of horror films.
They just wanted a cooler name than Mutants to describe heroes, so "Meta" (Beyond) and Human get mashed together.

Marvel copyrighted "mutant".
Yes, I realise how ridiculous that it.
Yes, I realise that "mutant" is a real word, used to describe a real thing in the real world.
I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY DID IT, EITHER.

Marvel and DC co-own the copyright on "super-hero", between that and Marvel owning "mutant" is why we have "metahumans", "Ultra-champions", etc.

They didn't copyright the word Mutant in general, they just have the sole right to publish it as a title in a comic book about superheroes.

If they took anyone to court, even DC, over using the word mutant in a normal manner, they'd be tossed out of court after the Jew lawyers milk both sides for as much as possible.

Man I totally forgot about that trash

McCarthy has nothing to do with Rebirth Batwoman.

Can you please explain why this is wrong? I'm genuinely curious.

People who want you to believe that these things are real issues. They Aren't.

*John Oliver

But imagine Joker losing his shit over Bruce Wayne's two scoops.

>real life has become the DRK I still hate the book

It is inline with the blaming Batman for the bad guys routine.

I agree him on a few things but why does he have to be a fucking moron? And he is the moderate left.

I guess this is what I get for wanting more mini-series.

BEWARE THE MONKEY'S PAW!

Oliver just pretends he's a moderate to sucker in drooling retards on TV, then they think "Gee, he's always in the right, I wonder who else thinks like him" and wind up all the way at Groucho Marx.

:^)

Take a look at this cover from a story published in 1952 and see if you can figure it out for yourself.

What are they going to do now?

(checked)
I'd read a storytime of that

That's a trade. The story was four issues

Silly goy, it will just be normal BLM :^)

It's like caring about black and white people when there are fucking mutants or some shit.

First, it's wrong because the Comics Code was based on DC's own internal code at the time, and since the vice-president of DC was serving as vice-president of the Comics Magazine Association of America, the people who ran the Comics Code Authority, the Code didn't affect DC at all.

Second, it's wrong because The Joker was toned down long before the Comics Code was even a thing. Like back in 1940 right after editor Whitney Elisworth saved the character from dying at the end of his first appearance. Bill Finger, being a writer, realized that having a multiple murderer running around made Batman look impotent against crime, so he cut down the body count severely by his next appearance, and by 1942, The Joker stopped murdering completely.

It's essentially an encapsulation of every ounce of bullshit batfags have been spouting since 1986.

Read it with Adam West as Batman and it becomes the greatest book ever written.

>>>/out/

Storytimed here:

Now I want to see a Trump Batman running around in a golden batsuit.

Let me clarify. I was responding to this as in "It was called Going Sane."

What did I say about messing with that monkey's paw?

Was it let's keep going and see what happens?

I want a drawfag to get on this. Except replace him with Barron Trump and add in Jaden Smith as his arch nemesis.

What is wrong with Mark Millar? Was he raped by a superhero?

He just does a lot of edgy shit. Though surprisingly he did write the Superman TAS comic series. Turns out it was pretty good.

You tell me.

So lemme get this straight…
Batman is going to fight against the BLM and the Joker will be a propagandist ala CNN, Stephen Colbert and the other usual suspects… Are they really expecting we will side with the Joker on this?

These delusional faggots quadruple down every single time they and their Marxist agenda get BTFO, do you expect anything more from them?

If you're wondering if they are really so out of touch with reality that they don't have the sense of self-awareness to realize that their actions make them look retarded.. Yes. They are really that far gone. It's a type of madness induced by years of cognitive dissonance.

If insanity can be thought of as a short-circuit in the mind's ability to correctly perceive the world around them, then these people have made themselves insane by trying to reconcile bullshit ideology with reality for years… and now they're at the point where they think "I know! Let's make the most violent, nasty supervillain in pop culture a charismatic propagandist so he can spew rhetoric for our side in a politically charged comic that no one wanted!!"

that's actually kinda funny

The mind that came up with the story probably imagines the lying press to be some kind of brave heroes that deserve recognition so that is why he came up with this idea.

Say what you will about this comic, but I found it entertaining in a trainwreck kind of way. I have fond memories when this was storytimed some years ago specially the anons' disgusted reactions to Nemesis impregnating the hero's daughter.

Am I seeing it, is it really a loss reference………..

lol

It doesnt even need to be edited.

Had a talk with someone who was in the later stages of long-term kool-aid poisoning. After a certain point, they stop being reality as it is, and instead see it as an ideological war where they have convinced themselves that if their side loses, it means they get murdered.

So instead of seeing comics are just entertainment, or people as individuals, they see these things as battlefields where even if it's completely moronic, they have to make an attempt to "win" a fight for their ideology. In this instance, it's making Joker a charismatic leader for BLM, because if they don't use the opportunity then they aren't using their power correctly. For the same reason, celebrities have it in their head that their large following and their place in the public eye must be used to influence the rest of society, otherwise they are misusing their power.

Go on…

It fit. The Joker is irrational, change his mind all the time and overreact to minor details while ignoring the more important matters.

You can(not) miscegenate.

because your nigger boyfriend punched you in the uterus to induce a miscarriage

Leftists truly are a sick bunch.

They ALWAYS think "the citizens" want wage equality and that gommunism is popular, especially in a city modeled after stereotypical America.

No, because having the Joker be "the champion of the little guy" and incite the proles against "the city's one percent" is definitely NOT beating readers over the head with a social justice theme.

But hey, this has some promise for meme material where we point out that the Left unironically identifies with the fucking Joker.

Of all the guy they choose…they choose Dick "I'm the most likeable guy in the DCU by everyone and anyone" Grayson? Why not Damian? Or Jason?

I'd read a batman villain story, just not this one

Oh, what a classic.

Hell I'm surprised they didn't use Batman. Granted it's cliche but he has enough reason to distrust metas and all the plans he has.

I miss fun comics like that. We really need more well written Elseworlds stories.

Just an awful idea.

Is this gonna be basically crossed. A SJW power fantasy.

It's odd because this is kind of in the spirit of the joker (attacking redskull for stupid shit like feinting patriotism). But that's so stupid it just might work. This, I don't know.

So does DC realize these terms are used as jokes and insults, not as trendy buzzwords all the kids like? It's like when they had that Raven solo book that declared "It's RAVEN! In her own EMO series!"

It's pretty hard to numerate the size of each group, but between the imageboard demographic that s intent on scouring SJW kool-aid from the world and the SJW demographic that thinks drowning the world in kool-aid will save it, the SJWs have better visibility thanks to their infiltration of the tech, social media, and journalism industries.

In short, they live in a fantasy world where everyone thinks the same insane shit as them, and spew their buzzword shit unironically. Most people either ignore it or don't get it at all, but some despereate middle aged hacks, who badly want to be relevant and "#woke" like all the cool professional victims, latch onto this shit and think that this is what the world truly wants: buzzword salad with a heaping helping of self-righteous social commentary bullshit.

Right, but that was all a good excuse in 2015. But between the hundreds of cancellations of "SJW" comics, the collapse of MSM and the election of Trump, it should be glaringly obvious that the tide has long since turned.

Even shows like fucking Saturday Night Live and The Simpsons make fun of SJWs. Unless you are utterly tone-deaf, you can't deny what's happened.

There's no difference between this and previous decades of superhero comics written by middle-aged hacks trying to cash in after the fact on kung fu, or disco, or skateboards, or hot rods, or mods, or blaxploitation, and all missing the point horribly.

SJW books aren't getting cancelled by the hundreds their weren't hundreds of them to begin with, the main stream media hasn't collapsed, and Trump has an approval rating of 36%.

The world isn't becoming "red pilled".They're becoming moderate.

It used to be 27%. Things are getting better, it's just taking it's time.

No it was not. His Gallup approval rating has never been 27%. The lowest was 35%, and that was back in April. His approval rating is down from July 10th, when it was 40%.

Fucking research shit you braindead Holla Forumstard.

This is how you do a hero joker

Oh brave and the bold, how badly we miss you

The guy has done some stupid shit but nowhere close to 8 years of Obama. The media completely buried Obama's mistakes and decisions which might have made him unpopular among liberals such as his deportations which Trump merely continued even today, and for Trump they instead spin everything he does, including supporting fags, as somehow indicative that he is an IRL extreme right supervillain. They didn't even go this far with Bush Jr but I guess that's because he was controlled opposition.

On the topic of Bush Jr I still remember very clearly that his meme war in Iraq etc was shilled very vigorously to the public by the Democrats in Congress, and the media, before he decided to order it.

When Trump bombed Syria, most of the democrats, republicans and media congratulated him, saying how he acted (((presidential))).

I'll take moderate. It's a hell of a lot better than the shit we've been putting up with.

God he was awesome. I liked how they held off on the joker and used lesser known villains till this episode.

You know what you remind me of? The whole Marveldrones/DCasuals fight back in the day. DC was complete shit, and any time it was talked about, fucking DC fanboys would come out of the woodwork accusing everyone of being Marvel fanboys.

Only this time it's Holla Forumsfags. A guy points out that Trump's approval rating is 36%, and immediately some faggot has to go "WELL NUH UH OBAMA WAS WORSE", as if that fact alone changes Trumps approval rating.

Sage for not being Holla Forums related at all.

I take it you haven't seen this monstrosity.

Classic.

Complete shit.

I find it funny how the whole election campaign was a thinly veiled Trump parallel and how Penguin won 'by a landslide', becoming the one liberal show(/pov) to predict Trump winning, even though the actual people who work on the show hate him and thought that Hilary would/should win.

You'll come around one day.

I don't think Gotham even did anything with Penguin being mayor. He mopes over Riddler, goes psycho ex-girlfriend on the girl who looks like Riddler's ex-girlfriend, gets shot by the Riddler then…goes back to being a criminal?

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers just completely forgot about it.

Trump isn't so bad for a puppet

lol comics are so fucking fucked by nigger lovers and liberals

Not even Kamen Rider Batman?

>Being butthurt that someone attacked Saint Obongo that you feel the need to post in defense of Mr. Hope and Change.

Just report and ignore, its just Holla Forums throwing a hissy fit.

knowing how liberal comics are now, I'm sure this board is riddled with /leftyfaggots/

Norman Osborn bought the Daily Bugle and turned it against Peter and Spider-Man.

Come on dude.. you should know by now that they don't buy or read comics.

Its a shitposter, he's only here to stir shit.

Penguin as Mayor? The Batman Adventures called…they want their plot back.

good point

See Pic

We finally get an amazing and fun Batman series, and the Chill of the Night has a bunch of normalfags screaming that "we want a darker Batman!".
Beware the Batman is total shit, and they're surprised that DC manages to fuck up once again, but they start calling for another try at dark and edgy rather than realizing that they had a good thing going and they threw it away.
Batman works very well for television because episodes can be self-contained stories without need for timeline fuckery. When you try to do a massive continuous thing like Beware did, you're gonna fail miserably. But that's not even touching on most of Beware's problems.

gallup.com/poll/201617/gallup-daily-trump-job-approval.aspx

I'd archive it, but the graph wouldn't show.

Sage for being off topic.

Not even trying

Why is "X becomes Mayor" so common? Jameson did it, Penguin did it in several continuities. At the very least when Luthor did it he went big and became President. Does putting villains in political positions make them more threatening or is it just a lazy excuse for why the heroes don't actually deal with them?

Now that's the response I expect from Holla Forums.

Is Reuters an evil tool of the jews too? Their polls also show that Trump isn't doing to well.

archive.fo/LCZh5

Sure is

Christ, he has to have one of the most punchable faces on TV

To be fair, if news channels can report complete fabrications, news agencies and consulting companies probably can too.

All news is fake news

*slow clap* Son let us unveil your prize for stating the obvious. Here are some bios of the following comic artists for good or for ill.
Jack Kirby:

Steve Ditko:

Will Eisner:

Now how does this Sean Murphy fellow match up? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Murphy_(artist) : Sean Gordon Murphy was born in Nashua, New Hampshire in 1980. He showed an interest in comics during grade school. In Salem he apprenticed to local painter and cartoonist, Leslie Swank. He graduated from Pinkerton Academy high school in 1999, and attended Massachusetts College of Art in Boston, and then Savannah College of Art and Design. Oh wow. (((NH))) dude with two art degrees of certification, but not an honest day's worth of work nor pay. Well there's your answer for a latter day shithead like that.

I remember some guys asked Kirby to do a short comic about whatever he wanted. What he made was "Street Code", a short autobiography of his childhood being poor in New York.

I think I have a copy of it somewhere that I should scan.

There seems to be a preview of White Knight here:
empire-dcp-minutemen-scanss.blogspot.com/2017/07/previews-347-marvel-previews-vol-4-001.html

It's going to be shit. He's going to hamfist his politics into it.

Colbert is such a hack. He peaked under Stewart and he already pidgeon-holed himself with the Trump focus. If I didn't already know that he knows he's irrelevant, I would think his Trump fetish was a sign that he wants Trump's cock.

I wonder if Joker would ever wear a MAGA hat? He's crazy and violent, but he's still American.

It came out during such a weird time. You also have to remember that The Dark Knight came out in 2008 and that completely dominated Batman. The Dark Knight Rises came out in 2012. Batman Begins was in 2005, but I doubt that had the same effect as The Dark Knight. TDK was massive at the time and it was dominating everything in pop culture. Heath Ledger's death and portrayal as the Joker only made it stronger.

Colbert lost his touch and his Trump obsession is going so far that he's making an animated show about him. You can only be butthurt for so long before it becomes demented in the eyes of normal people.

A social justice style book that deals with manipulation of peoples interest and trends through media could have been interesting but they want to treat it as serious as possible where I would have taken it into a more dark comedy direction. You've got plenty of real life examples to work with.

I've thought of my own stupid ideas before like a mysterious therapist who psychologically fixes the villains of Batman to the point where Batman has no villains anymore, and he snaps into a psycho vigilante, but I stopped that idea a long time ago because I know when an idea has gone off the rails on what was intended or needs a lot of revisions to work.

Ironic since Obama continued the wars but apparently this Murphy fellow has no problem with that. I also find it funny that he pulls back Punk Rock Jesus when Obama gets elected even though actual punks would hate Democrats as much as Republicans.

It often feels like a large portion of Holla Forums just up and forgot the whole elections and just how much everybody from all the media to all the polls to all the popular talking heads said Trump was s*** and that he was going to lose in a landslide. But now it seems that a large portion of this site believes the has was controlled opposition all along and (((they))) just spend billions upon billions in all capacity to make him look bad and lose so that he would actually win. And if its not that there are also guys like who completely forgot about how every poll, every graph and estimation put Trump far behind Hillary but the election is over so they must be showing real info now right?

Does anyone else think this could have been a great Two-Face Elseworlds ? It seems practically written for him.
But no, instead it's Joker for the gorillionth time and it's going to be about political soapboxing.

A normalfag told me they made the Penguin gay for the Riddler and that he was sick seeing gays everywhere in TV.

And Batman Returns called.
And the 66 show called.

Penguin is kind of an exception because half the time his shtick is pretending to go straight so Batman can't just beat him up and stop whatever crime he's planning. And he's obsessed with power and control over people, so him going into politics is a natural progression for what Oswald usually does.

Not that I'm defending a half-assed Trump joke or the direction Gotham took with the character (who actually started pretty promising), but there's a precedent for this.
Ever since his inception Penguin has often been used as a caricature of powerful people, whether it's the stuffy and privileged elites of the 1940s, or Richard Nixon during Penguin Triumphant (which outright says the line "Donald Trump must be shaking in his boots, albeit this was published in 1992), or all the satirical jokes in his interactions with Max Shreck and the mayor subplot in Batman Returns.
It was really only a matter of time before someone used him as a vehicle to poke fun at Donald Trump. I'm just surprised it took them so long.

Yeah and that was pretty awful too.
The worst thing about it is that Penguin and Riddler have a pretty interesting history together as friends and they are just characters that go well with each other. Like the classic Joker-Penguin team-ups except much more friendly and without one of the parties being a glory-hogging edgelord.
Gotham taking this great friendship and pissing all over it by making Oswald gay for Eddie and then using it as fuel for relationship drama was just terrible.

I could see that being interesting. Though didn't Dent used to work with Batman before he became Two Face?

Good thing I don't watch that crap, then.

Nobody forgot anything, in fact I still remember the ridiculous amount of Trump shilling going on during the elections here. It is still, in fact, going on and I'm willing to bet more than half of Holla Forums at this point is comprised of JIDF and intelligence spooks rather than normal posters.

You act like everyone here is too stupid to remember that they do the same song and dance with every "undesirable underdog" candidate in order to boost their popularity.

The joker isn't even insane, he doesn't hallucinate, he' just a psychopath. If he was "cured" he'd commit suicide, if this joker was the edgy serial killer joker that is.

Nostalgia… I actually still have this gold batman figure buried in a jar somewhere.

I remember his accessory but not sure if I still have it. Wish I had kept packages for all this stuff.

Parents are idiots and pressure kids to throw away packaging which causes toys to depreciate faster. Plus you lose useful stuff like name/series.

Your enter button is broken user.

The joker is a psychopath, yes, but psychopathy is not a mental disorder, but rather a construct of personality type, caused by the nature or genetic makeup of a person. 

No court in America would let the Joker have an Insanity Plea in a non-contrived DCverse. DC Writers not knowing what being legally insane actually is doesn't change that.

What joker incarnation are you referring to? some have clearly developed mental disorders that would prevent a court from declaring the death penalty.

Juries are no obligation to accept any criminals Insanity Pleas. And the Joker has repeatedly shown he awareness of his actions and ability to function in society.

Bullshit, Johnson! I want a full report on the shit you just spewed out without any consideration for those around you on my desk YESTERDAY!

I remember reading a story where he (thought he) had killed Batman, and without Batman in sight, he just gradually lost all purpose, became sane, and began to have a relatively normal life again.
Of course as soon as Batman recovered and showed up, he went right back to being The Joker again, but eh, ya know.

As for Joker being insane… Yeah, no, the guy knows exactly what he's doing. Maybe he can feign insanity, but like mentioned, no Jury would ever accept that. They'd have no mercy on him and I guarantee you he'd get the death penalty.

Nothing is worse than people trying to prove they know comics by saying, "Actually Batman is totally ok with murder," and then always bring up the same exact issue from the original run before they even established the name "Bruce Wayne"