PSA: If you have privacy badger installed UNINSTALL IT NOW

It's literally just an ad blocker. Adblock+ gets rid of more trackers than that junk
Ghostery is a much better alternative. Just make sure to turn off reporting crashes

Other urls found in this thread:

torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#TBBJavaScriptEnabled
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do people still use furryfox? Just keep it around for when you absolutely *need* javascript support. Block domains you deem malacious through your router/unbound/firewall.

It works for me. It respects your privacy despite what most of the dipshits on this board say.

I use UBlock Origin + UMatrix

I use Ghostery

I use an anal probe.
why is this reddit tier thread still up

No, it doesn't. It enables a bunch of crap by default, only after changing 20+ about:config entries can you really feel safe.

Attached: images.duckduckgo.com.jpeg (800x450, 117.24K)

Geo location, pocket, eme, webgl, and crash reporting - what do they have in common? they're all enabled by default.

Shoo shoo ad jew

woah. checked.

Attached: 1517123994641.jpg (384x384, 23.54K)

Why do people use this shit? Use ublock (and umatrix)

Attached: tech-computer.jpg (272x300, 14.57K)

fuck off you idiot

All the tracking on google sites is part of the main functionality scripts. Have you ever seen google-analytics on their sites? Do you think they just don't bother tracking? Retards who think they are ever clever by just using an adblocker instead of blocking scripts are the worst.

You don't belong here. Please leave.

Attached: 4d733176b4f2c1562673d58d0d1f855df953a269c70c1474802c49a17e365bb3.png (1920x1080, 1.51M)

yeah
uBO + uMatrix is the only sensible stuff for blocking, and everything else is unnecessary bloat.
(well there's also LibreJS if you're an autist)
also it won't hurt to have "HTTPS Everywhere" from EFF.
/thread

only after you approve it for specific website

there's EME-free build and compile flag
it was open-sourced
also if you simply ignore it, it doesn't do anything

Is there something like third-party filter sets for umatrix just like for ublock? It's a bit of a pain to have to constantly fiddle around to try and make stuff work (mostly trial & error in enabling js/xhr entries), especially if it's a random site you visit just once.

user, you need help

Attached: dating_sites_hate_him.jpg (640x775, 90.41K)

everybody have different levels of paranoia, so it's better to choose yourself.
also, any such filter would be deanonymizing for the author because it reveals which sites they regularly use.

any such rule set

AdBlockPlus is a cucked blocker. It has "allowed ads", doesn't block ads and simply hides most of them, doesn't block all ads, and has terrible performance.
Ghostery is another cucked blocker. It's literally owned by an ad company and the addon datamines you.
OP is a paid shill.

You're an idiot then.

Reminder that uBlock Origin is the only good adblock.

People still use this argument in this day and age? Nobody cares until they do, and then all the information is just one database search away. Sweep-scope tracking is almost fully automated, but results are available to persons who have access.

1. Close Firefox and any program that uses internet connection.
2. Open Wireshark.
3. Open Firefox.
4. Watch all of the connections to Amazon and Google pop up in Wireshark.

You've been lied to.

is it about cuck extensions, or about pure Firefox (EME-free build)?
I am too lazy to repeat the experiment but I don't use cuck extensions.

this, anything else is inferior

Hello (((advertiser))). Video is for (((you))).

Attached: Bill Hicks on the Evils of Marketing.mp4 (640x360, 6.2M)

you use a cuck browser.

still it's the one chosen by Tor project.
perhaps they know better than you?

Of course (((they))) do. They need to make sure they can still track you even after you have enabled maximum placebo.

Maybe they are compromising so normalfags who are accustomed to faceberg, Jewgle and twatter can get right into browsing using Tor? I praise the Tor project for spreading it to the masses, but I am critical of their choice of enabling JavaScript by default. People don't use the Torbrowser to pay their bills, they use it to visit sites without allerting spooks to WHAT they are looking for. So if a website refuses to load because muh JS backdoor the appropriate choice would be to either not use the site at all OR selectively enable which scripts are enabled AND make sure they have access to NOTHING interesting, but see below why that might be a mistake.

Unlike web 2.0 cancersites, Tor Project takes the issue of JavaScript seriously, understand it has its downsides and has publisised a defence of default enabling: torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#TBBJavaScriptEnabled
On why selective enabling of scripts is a bad idea, the Tor project has the following to say:

>torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#TBBJavaScriptEnabled

but this is actually true, and for most software.

remember: if only the proficient users are using Tor, then there's no anonymity even for them anyway. Tor needs a shitload of users to be able to hide the needle in the haystack.

filterlists.org or some shit

You must give permission on a per-website basis. Otherwise it won't send shit even if it's enabled.
It's a glorified bookmark and pretty easy to turn off.
Disable it in settings or download the EME-free build from Mozilla.
Necessary for some websites.
Disable it if you're so paranoid.

Install uMatrix and µblock Origin.

Fake and gay. Just tried your little faggy experiment and no connections are done to Amazon or Google. All the connections are standard ones performed by every browser, including Konqueror and GNUzilla IceCat.

Go fuck yourself.

Attached: MrPupper.jpg (2048x1536, 394.02K)

That makes no sense. Lets say I connect to some site 'A' and for that site I have javascript enabled. Now lets say that 'A' wants to know if I have javascript enabled for some site 'B'. For 'A' to know this 'A' has to try and make a call to 'B'. If I have blocked access to all third party domains for 'A' than it will never be able to connect to 'B'. The only data 'A' has collected from me is that I allowed it to load javascript and that I didn't allow it to load site 'B'.

I realize that they are talking about retards who use noscript as opposed to umatrix, but still.

Those sites are shit. Seriously who uses this cancer, besides the site that checks if you have webgl enabled. I'm sure there is some normalfag vidya site that needs it but there is no reason you should be using it.

Firefox is the only browser left that allows the user to customize shit decently. Yes it comes pozzed but you can remove the AIDS unlike with Chrome or other botnet browsers like Brave or Opera.

Oh look the Jewish marketing major has arrived.

You are all correct. Glad to see that not everybody's retarded on Holla Forums.

Trips for UMatrix + UBlock Origin.

It's pretty much a self dox. Mine would give away my interests, work, and college.

I thought they had scripts globally blacklisted by default with no script. Did this change?

it's the only way you can be sure you aren't being fucked.

It's weird. You seem to know that fingerprinting is done server-side, yet you don't seem to realize that disabling shit that is standard in all browsers such as WebGL and referrers makes it easier to fingerprint you.
Fingerprinting is not about disabling shit, it's about looking as average as possible. You're shooting yourself in the foot by disabling shit.

Stop with this meme already. furshits, chrome, safari, and their derivatives aren't the only browsers available.

if it doesn't implement common web standards then it's not a browser.