Champions #10: Wow, I guess concentration camps weren't so bad after all

Hey folks, that one prick who keeps storytiming shitty comics here. If you've been keeping up with Marvel comics they've got an event going on at the moment where Captain America is a secret nazi trying to re-write reality so the Hitler won WW2 and to do so has taken over the United States and built a wall around the world to keep all the aliens/super-heroes out. Also, Inhumans are an oppressed minority for reasons I haven't been bothered to find out.

Anyway, lets have a look at what Marvels premier super-team is doing in this fascistic hell.

Our story starts in New Mexico in a town apparently full of inhumans. Things seem fairly normal here, though then again the cyborg postman…

Other urls found in this thread:

smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-third-century-china-saw-rome-a-land-ruled-by-minor-kings-3386550/
depts.washington.edu/silkroad/texts/weilue/weilue.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are no bills supposed to be a bad thing?

Postman Pat incinerates our pair of would be escapees but it seems Ms. Marvel is traumatised and hiding in the closet after Trump got elected Captain America got eleceted.

The rest of the team are fine though, just lounging around Cho's place. Well, other than Nova who is stuck off world and Cyclops who is with the X-Men. They decide to go looking for Kamala since they figure it's unusual that the known Inhuman wouldn't text them if she was alright, it's not like she'd have a reason to run or anything.

Anyway, looking for her they find a internment camp for Inhumans! Turns out it's the place from the intro and it was originally built to stop Bruce Banner going on a killing spree. As a result, it's probably the nicest concentration camp ever.

Anyway, the team arrives to go break in and free everyone. It takes Cho 12 seconds to come up with an entry plan in a joke which would have worked better to be honest if he hadn't pointed it out.

I like how the Inhumans switched places with the mutants since the destruction of the Terrigen cloud they are unable to create more of their kind and are now a minority.

So they built a fake town to put in de-Hulked Bruce Banner just to make sure he doesn't somehow Hulk out agan and hurt anyone? One, why wasn't Bruce ever put in it? Two, if it's to keep him contained, why is is Chulk able to break down the walls with ease? Doesn't this seem like something they would try to keep from being possible?

Wait, are they actually still running with that Secret Empire shit? Because the way they've been running business as usual doesn't really make it feel like there's a totalitarian Hydra regime pulling all the strings and policing super heroing.

Cho decides to break into the repurposed Hulk holding facility by bashing down the walls and complains that the robotic anti-Hulk guards are equipped with weapons designed by someone who "really hates Hulks", making me wonder what exactly he thought the bots were supposed to do if Banner had got angry. It's fine though, he disables the entire network because he built them all.

He catches up with the other two who haven't really done anything yet. Apparently the team is now cracking open the camp in the hopes that Kamala just happens to be there or mates with someone there and neglected to consider that there might be a number of people held in the camp.

Despite initially being mistaken for a Hydra death squad, the team decide to evacuate the entire town in 24 minutes. Step one of that plan? Finding Ms. Marvel so she can lead the evacuation. The girl they don't know is there. Who may be dead for all they know. Or on the run.

Luckily though Morales is able to find the woman from the intro who leads him right to the teams sort-of lead- PSYCHE! It turns out that the Kamala in the closet is actually a completely different Muslim girl named Kamala who just so happens to have a home-made Ms. Marvel costume! How's that for an unlikely coincidence? Anyway, Morales awkwardly comforts her and hopes no-one notices his accidentally revealing his mates secret identity.

..so the fakeout here was that they were freaking out about one muslim inhuman who also happens to be named Kamala and screaming about her and panicking and risking their lives.. Not any of the other Inhumans? None of the other Prisoners there? Just that one girl that they know about.. why?

Muh comrade

See they're so blinded that they completely ruin whatever halfassed propaganda message they were trying to send with this shit comic.

It's weird, it seems like with stuff like Champions they're giving it an obligatory tie-in issue and otherwise completely ignoring it. I think the Moon Girl going to space storytime another user did recently may have had it's issues come out after the start of the event and in a few of the Secret Empire issues I read I recall seeing about half of the Champions being trained into Child Soldiers by Black Widow.

They didn't know about the non-Ms. Marvel Kamala, they just assumed that as an inhuman she'd be in the first concentration camp the team stumbled across just so the comic could have the twist. If you notice at the start they never even confirm that their Kamala was captured by Hydra.

Anyway, to make matters worse it turns out that some of the Inhumans would prefer to stay in Camp Echo-1 rather than leave since outside the camp they'd be fugitives but inside they are guaranteed a fairly comfortable standard of living as long as they stay within the confines of the camp. It looks like our team may have a moral dilemma on their ha-

Oh, wait, for the first time since issue 2 when the Champions defeated the Taliban in the name of womens rights a random Muslim girl has taken over the role of team leader. The team quickly carries out her plan to evade the Hydra death squad they accidentally called in on the place. To do this they have Viv temporarily cloak the facility. For some reason this should make Hydra completely forget the location of the facility and no-one will consider landing at where the base should be to look for evidence of what happened/ the trail of any escaping prisoners.

The plan works, though they at least admit that the Hydra troops will sooner or later realise they flew over the camp and return. But that isn't their problem since Inhuman Muslim lady tells them that her friends will somehow use the extra half hour they have to escape without a trace, track down and liberate more concentration camps and stuff like that. Apparently the Champions have bigger battles than fighting Hydra or freeing people from concentration camps. Knowing the Champions that means playing video games until Morales remembers that prediction from Civil War 2 of him killing Captain America but whatever.

Anyway, the letters page starts with the writers praising someone for making unauthorised merchandise of the team that a few issues ago was treating unauthorised merchandise of themselves a potentially team ending threat to them. Next issue: The Champions find Ms Marvel, kill my naive hopes for the locust chick from last issue and get deported!

Who the fuck is this nigger dressed up like a Cap fanboy flying on the knockoff goblin glider?

Why do I get the feeling that all of those tweets are fake as shit?

So Steve Rogers wasn't turned into a Nazi, he was turned into a Democrat?

Has anyone in canon ever asked Steve why he didn't kill FDR on February 19th 1942?

You are worst than 6 millions rapists villains from viper IPs

I am reminded how much I fucking despise modern marvel. I think AvX was my breaking point. Now I just get trades of the older stuff. The re-inked Mutant Genesis is pretty good.

At least he cares about the house.

Where the fuck do you think you are, reddit?

Well this was a whole bunch of nothing. At least last issue had Tumblr Chapulin Colorado and it was amusing to see all those South Americanons ranting about her and showcasing how the original was unironically superior to her in every way despite being a joke character.

This issue was just meh.

Postman Pat is the hero we need but don't deserve

Isnt she muslim?

Ayyy

if we want to read comics we like, well, none of them came out in the last seven years so we don't have to go on Holla Forums to read them. this is for shit we hate.

Literally every single page is awful
Why does every issue start seemingly weeks and months apart because shitloads of shit happened elsewhere in between in each issue? ffs I know why, all their crossover shit, but it makes this comic disjointed as fuck! It's like watching a tv show and skipping three episodes at a time.
They explain all that bullshit about the towns defenses, and then show us how fucking easy it was to get in, and how absolutely ineffective it would have been in keeping Banner inside! How is this supposed to be considered good writing?!
And I still don't understand the explanation for why Viv could go invisible.
That bullshit about Cho going on about internment camps when he's not even fucking Japanese! He's Asian so that makes it the same? Like he understands something that happened to people of a different ethnicity decades before he was born!? Fuck you, writer!
Miles whining about their retarded attempt at finding Ms. Muslim not being "fair".
"The world is now an ugly place" All this 'Hydra taking control bullshit' being a metaphor for Trump being president. Liberal whining faggotry.
Why would the helicopters go right past it? Surely they have co-ordinates?

Literally every single page is shit.

Funny how no one ever says Christian-American like it's a race.

Virtue signal harder, Waid.
Either Waid can't tell a gook from a nip or Cho is appropriating Japs struggles.

Cho trying to act like a Jap is the most hilarious part of all. Koreans FUCKING HATE Japanese people. I can only hope this comic gets translated to Korean so Marvel will get a taste of some real outrage.

>Implying a teenager in (((current year))) would give a shit about Star Trek

Goes to show that the target demographic for this "teen" book sure as fuck isn't actual teens.

i am hoping Cyber-postman is getting his own ongoing atleast

From what I've read and seen it just seems like Koreans are sore about when the Japanese governed Korea better than the Koreans did.

Sounds like the SJW crowd didn't like it.

I'd say it was more due to the repeated abuses of the Korean people, but I bet you also think the SS is a misunderstood holy order that did nothing but spread positivity.

I don't want to defend this Cuck Waid, but technically speaking, Koreans were also held on internment camps since Korea was considered part of the Empire of Japan long before the attack on Pearl Harbor. Its highly possible that Waid didn't knew this since he just assumes every Asians were throw into the camps including the Chinese,

Waid you fucking sheep.

user, did you really expect people of color being referenced in a negative way in this type of comic?

Fucking stupid AND racist.

You know you're fucking shit at writing when even the SJWs are tell you they don't wanna be preached at and just want to read comics.

Cyber-Postmen DEATH SQUADS

Actually they'd prefer someone else other than a 40-year old white man writing this shit.

This is hilarious.

Which is actually a defensible position.

Bizarrely, I agree. Ignoring the SJW elements, its still a story about an old guy trying to get in touch with the younger crowd.

*a story made by an old guy
What the fuck is wrong with me?

How about a 12 year old japanese girl that lives in nipland?

The fact that a 40 year old white guy is writing a book about a team of millennial non-whites wouldn't be an issue if it was just supposed to be a fun superhero book starring kids. Fun and adventure are something everyone can relate to and enjoy. Like Teen Titans.

But this book isn't supposed to be fun. It's supposed to pander. And it sucks at pandering because Waid doesn't actually understand the demographic he's trying to appeal to.

Only if your author was either female, then people will shower it with praise. If you look up Twitter reactions to comics, you will find that America gets better reactions from cucks because its written by a Puerto-Rican lesbian, and are more critical towards Waid because it wouldn't look right attacking a brave womyn of color. He painted himself into a target in his head by being white and male and he deserves it.

I think he actually does understand, which is why he is working so hard to show he is woke. The problem is that he trying to fit into the kind of group when his type would be traditionally treated as an outcast.

Oh shit, why not? I mean Axe Cop is written by a 8 year old and its superior to any drivel the Big Two has put out, even though its merely decent in its own right.

Lets face it, nobody else could have salvaged this if they made it to pander. Its not like the younger Tumblr crowd is more knowledgeable than Waid (who is ignorant about Latin-American culture and can't distinguish Asians). They are the sort of people who think all cultures co-existed peacefully during medieval times and they use Medieval PoC as source. I dread to think what would be a real historical account written by them.

Why did they do that?

Cho is Korean. Mark Waid can't even do basic fucking research.

Moses was also one of the Jewish prophets that Muhammad copypasted into his OC fanfic, duh.

The biggest irony is that the major Trump policies the cucks keep attacking are merely continuations of what Obama already did. They don't even attack Trumpcare that much because it basically only reduced the amount of burden on taxpayers, not completely eliminating the single-payer aspect.

Can we give Waid the Ben Garrison treatment?

No, he's too far gone.
What did Peter David do?

Are they all just mad over the asian american line stuff? It's really unclear. Cannibalism among their kind is nothing new though.

LITERALLY DINDU.

Start thanking Mark Waid for his fantastic work in showing how non white male characters are imperfect compared to their original white versions?

starts at 2:20

What the fuck?

Not sure i get it

Why does Cho give a fuck about ww2 japanese internment?

1) it happened 80 damned years ago and he's only what, 16?
2) relatively speaking japanese internment was about as sever as a major inconvenience.
3) most japanese came out of it understanding the need in the war effort and felt it was their patriotic duty, in fact the only ones who complained about it were those who saw an opportunity to harvest money from the government for it for— oh.

Heh. He shut down that dirty gypsy right quick.

I'd read a comic about one of those escaped postmen robots, his programming scrambled by the overload, or whatever, he escapes into human society, trying to find a normal life for himself, like the one he used to have. Now he lives as a simple postman in the suburbs, solving crimes on the side.

But like a week later he cucked the fuck out and retracted everything.

Is he that black guy from Young Avengers who was like a Captain America type?

That's not quite true. He apologized for yelling at the guy, but stood by the substance of what he said.

lol, what? Here's from his blog:

tl;dr: "I'm sorry comrades, I have educated myself."

welp, looks like I'll need to pick uo The Hulk

I stand corrected.

Those poor gooks were brainwashed, hittler was right.

oh my goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

YEP

This sounds exaggerated or made up. Being a Slav I had to deal with Gypsies growing up, and I can almost guarantee that the Gypsy kid pretended, assuming that this happened at all. Not sure how long ago this happened, but now gypsies grew more fond of shoplifting and mugging. Although situation in my country is far less severe than what you see in Romania, so what do I know.
Typical. As to complaints about Scarlet Witch, being mentally unstable or at least flip-flopping is a fairly common trait among Marvel characters. Especially X-Men. Nearly every single one has had a bad guy streak at some point.

So outside of the Moors and Turks, what other swarthy group of people stepped foot onto European soil?

Arabs? They had Spain bent over for several hundred years. Africans got into Europe through Rome and Egypt. The Persians had a huge war in Greece until they got blown the fuck out. Asians made their way there eventually via the trade routes. I doubt it was ever as bad as it is now though.

Asians contact with Europe was extremely limited even compared to Arabs and Africans. They were a very withdrawn and kept to their own affairs. The initial knowledge of them came from European explorers that visited them, not the other way around.

I know Arabs did, and I think the Europeans of the time included them with the Moors, kinda like how the Arabs considered all European's to be Franks.

That said, there is no way that in 1100 AD there would be any remaining Africans left in Europe outside of the Spanish peninsula. Medieval does not include the Classic era.

Mongols. There were also Jews and Armenians if you consider them non-white. Thing is, that if they settled, they mixed with native populations and became indistinguishable from natives over few generations.

No. Trade route is not a literal road on which an individual person travels to sell their wares, but a network of paths through which goods move from one area to another. Piece of amber made it through many hands before it got from Baltic coast to Rome, and Chinese silk went through even more merchants before it got to the Constantinople. English speaking nations are the only place where I have noticed that misconception being common.

Contact between races was fairly sparse, but people were vaguely aware of each others existence. They didn't know each other, but knew of one another. There were some events, like Nubian conquering Egypt, Mongols invading Europe, and ancient Chinese emperor sending naval expedition in 3rd century AD to explore western lands*, but they were very rare. Other than that, there were records of rare emissaries to and from "China." Problem is, that in many languages "China" was a synonym for very distant land.

*Here are some of their records:
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-third-century-china-saw-rome-a-land-ruled-by-minor-kings-3386550/
depts.washington.edu/silkroad/texts/weilue/weilue.html

Fantastic

Isn't Waid closer to 60?

He is 55 huh.
So close enough.

I wonder… Is Waid gonna hear the complaints from these kind of people or is he gonna double down?

Neither. This shit will be canceled or more likely relaunched into something new with a different creative team allowing Waid to save some face. Waid will never:
A) learn how he fucked up because he'll think these people are all trolls or his ego won't allow him to see his faults
B) ever see that these people can't be pleased so stop trying to appeal to them
C) be held accountable for how tone deaf he is because at the end of the day he's "one of the good ones"

Why is it that every time Hitler wins WWII, everything is depicted as a fucking utopic wonderland.
Really makes me think.

I don't know know about the rest of you guys but I've been enjoying Waid's downhill journey.

He didn't just drink the social justice kool aid, he fucking overdosed on it. This entire series has just been a complete mess, even more so than the other Marvel books, it's clear Waid didn't plan any of this shit out and decided to write whatever he felt like writing even if it made zero sense.

Not to mention his insane ramblings on social media and his inability to take any form of criticism.

He's pretty much turned into Andrew Dobson.

wew

You should check out Tara Strong on Twitter its equally as enjoyable.

Aw damn it wrong thread I'm a dumbass.

You sure are

This is always who he was. He's always been unhinged as points out. Sure the SJW-y aspects are new, but most of that is due to him being on twitter and not going outside. Waid was the guy who threatened to physically fight people who were upset Steve Wacker left 52 to go to Marvel before the project was done. Now his craziness is heightened to due being on The Right Side of History.

wew

A bunch of old fucks trying to stay hip.

>Not Left

You mean recolored

I do. My bad.

bump

His writing really does presume that all Asians were forced into camps. or else he would have that the distinction. But SJWs are racist and can't even tell Asians apart.

No problem

Made it more Holla Forums related.

Nice

Ok, I don't want to read this and get soul cancer, but I am full of questions. Since when did Captain America rewrite history? also, does that mean we literally have Bruce Banner resurrected?

They are tecnically true when talking about europe being multicultural, it just didn't involve black people nor sand people.

Something something Redskull, something something Cosmic cube, something something turning Cap evil something something …..

So, everything that happened in Civil War II was for nothing?

Did they retcon everything so fast?

Of course it was. It was a slapped together piece of shit to tie into a movie and it was written by someone who hasn't written anything decent in a decade, at least, and was plagued with delays and rewrites.
CW2 wasn't even done before they were pumping up Secret Invasion. But to answer your other question, I think Banner being alive is the only thing they've retconned from CW2. Everything else they're just kind of ignoring, because even they know it sucked.

So, Warmachine is still dead and She Hulk is still angry and on her gamma period?

Such a comic would probably be racist as fuck. But why am I speculating, I work at a Japanese high school, wonder if I can worm my way to getting the first year students to come up with thier own multinational superhero team? Chong the slitty-eyed Chinaman, Captain Cool the Aryan-American, Hitler because he's the only German we know about and Rastus the nigger minstrel team up with Taro Normal to save the day!

It's interesting that Japanese-Americans didn't commit any terrorism before, during or after internment, wheras certain other people chimp out at the mere possibility a fictional, media-invented version of the president might do it. It's almost as if the difference is on a fundamental genetic level.
Might be something for my fellow Holla Forumsacks to amplify next time internment is bought up, a casual "yeah, they didn't even do anything bad after being interned… makes you wonder…"

We must appropiate CyberPostman

Very nice as well.

Romani were involved in the first murder to happen in 25 years in a suburb close to where I live.

As far as I know, yes. I can't even bother to hate read She-Hulk's boring ass comic.

Wait, didn't Nova get back to Earth during his last issue?
being a nova fan is suffering

It's amazing that they thought this would genuinely appeal to millennials. It's like what a computer generated AI would make.

Worse. At least machines could figure out pleasant from raw data. This is the work of some suited executives with a hypster nephew.

bump

WHY

Can we even count Waid as a hipster? He's kind of old in comparison to the current writers at Marvel.

Given the choice between embed related or Champions, I'll take embed related.

he's worse, he's an aging nerd who uses them woke kids on twitter as his reference to modern culture

Hello everybody, guess what tie in to secret war just came out?

CHAMPIONS 11: FUCK VEGAS
We start our story in the ruins of Las Vegas as the Champions and other diversity hires young heroes search the ruins for any survivors. Obviously none of you need to be informed that Las Vegas got wiped off the fucking map by Hydra under the orders of Captain America way back in Secret Empire #2. Since last I checked Champions #10 came out at the same time as ~Secret Empire #6 and this issue is set "11 hours" after Vegas got obliterated, I guess this issue is set before the previous for some reason.

Fun fact: The Punisher is currently willingly working with Hydra in Secret Empire. Not sure how that works. I guess Castle really fucking hates gambling now.

But I digress, Hulk and Captain Americas ex-sidekicks half-bird sidekick talk about pointless shit while looking for survivors. I'll give the Champions some credit for turning up to help here, if only because I'm pretty sure that they only help people in a completely un-self motivated manner such as this in every other issue (last issue they only really wanted to see Kamala, rescuing trapped Inhumans was just a secondary thing).

Hulk and Falcon keep looking and Hulk is depressed by his inability to save anyone. Don't worry though, we won't have any character development here as we immediately cut away to see black lady Ironman, black Spiderman and another one of black Captain Americas sidekicks. Team Black People try looking in a crashed passenger jet for trapped survivors.

…Unfortunately it turns out everyone inside was microwaved to death. I'm starting to sense a pattern here. Anyway, our team retreat onto the top of the plane to get away from the smell of cooked tourist and start arguing out of stress. They soon cool down though, leading to the relevation that we "live in a world fulla white privilege, and Hydra's as W-P as you can get".

Oh, and apparently it's black people and not Inhumans that Hydra hate now. Which is strange since it doesn't seem like Hydra had set up concentration camps for black people in the previous issue and the destruction of Las Vegas seemed pretty indiscriminate.

Then again, I'm not wearing a Captain America themed costume so what do I know about Hydra? For his incisive insight into the nature of Hydra, Patriot's shield magically appears from nowhere despite him saying earlier he lost it.

We now cut over to Viv and Wasp for our next round of No Survivors. I've just realised that I missed out on a bunch of possible Bane jokes in the previous post, which is a damn shame. I'd talk about what's actually happening here but you already know it: meaningless talk, followed by coming up with a new place to look, followed by no survivors.

Then all the teams get back together to talk about how we need to overthrow Trump Rodgers. Suddenly they hear a cry!

Turns out that black Captain Americas black sidekick (seriously, this is getting worse than the bat-family) found a baby in a maternity ward! After fighting a killer robot (off-panel) he's returned to the team so they can vow to fight fascism and find the kid a home.

Will they do any of that next issue? Maybe! I don't know! It depends! There probably will be Cyclops in it though.

(Also, I just realised at the end of the letters they state next month won't be another Secret Empire tie in so I guess you might as well forget the baby and all that stuff about teaming up to fight Hydra).

This is so bad that it's sickening to the core.

Not a single white male in the entire comic, it's worse the the Burger King Kids Club.
Christ, they really believe this shit will make people reading it rise up and fight the fascist Drumpf! It's fucking ridiculous.

is that the american version of united colors of benetton ?

Why do these characters even exist? Just delete them all and replace them with a book about the Chapulin Colorado girl.

Really, must he remind everyone he is spaniard? Why doesnt nuhulk talk in moonrunes?

That baby is white, user.

o-ok
wew

Humberto Ramos's art is pretty fucking bad. I don't know what they were thinking combining Waid's writing with this fucking artist.

Why is it that even relatively competent western artists tend to be absolute trash at rendering cybernetics and mecha stuff?

Because they're lazy and have no idea how half they things they draw actually work.

This reads like the entire comic has been a set up for a joke and this line about White Privilege was the punchline. The only problem is that the comic kept going afterward.

dear god this anatomy is nearly clamp tier

Thanks user.

What's wrong with the image to the left.

Seriously. The technocrat (pic 2) is the most decent I can think of off hand, but there's barely a good picture of him in the one issue he appears.

You could have at least used the same font.

webm
I will never accept anything other than Iron Maiden.

Was this made by the people who made Chowder?

no, just some guy who has a similar style

No.

Oh.

Shame the guy stopped animating.

John Blanche is cool

Nice, did he do the artwork for that vampire comic we storytimed a while back?

I honestly don't know. He did a lot of the early warhammer and warhammer 40k art. I don't think he ever did comics unfortunately.

Neat.

Its true. Women Are the sensible gender with sensible explanation to things.

Looked into it. He never did comics. Kind of a shame.

Shit, meant to use this image

I am not going to go get more fonts even though you got dubs.

Nah, the guy that made Requiem Vampire Knight was Oliver Ledroit.

You have the dubs now. You are in control of your destiny from here on.

ah thanks fam.

I feel that this panel has some meme potential with replacing the word "Hydra."

I didn't download any fonts, I just used the letters in other speech bubbles.

Kill yourself

Who is the brazen woman painted like a western whore? She is bringing her family much dishonor.

Story time when?

I think the saddest part in all of this is that you weren't lying about the "hella white privilege" line; what sounds like a completely sardonic crack is actually what was used for dialogue. And this was used after Marvel has essentially genocided off every mainstay white male character and replaced them with subpar legacies and POCs. It's never enough for them, is it?

No, faggot. You really don't.

I thought Mexico was more like a corrupt oligarchy run by drug cartels?