How do we get Trump to annul the Children's Television Act of 1990

This Act was a major contributor to the death of Saturday morning cartoons. It's the reason you still might see some horrible unwatchable E/I show on TV. Maybe if we get rid of these bullshit commie rules then we can go back to the good ol days when cartoons made money selling sugar and plastic crap to kids

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_Television_Act

Adopt several public information initiatives designed to give parents greater information about the core educational programs being aired by television stations (these initiatives are explained in greater detail below).[1][2]
Set forth a clear definition of what type of programs qualify as core programs: they generally must have serving the educational and informational needs of children as a significant purpose; be aired between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.; be a regularly scheduled weekly program; and be at least 30 minutes in length.[1][2]
Establish a guideline that calls for every full-service television station to air at least three hours per week of core educational programming.[1][2]
A central goal of the rules in the FCC's revision to the Act is to provide parents and other members of the public with greater information about educational television programs, in order to help parents guide their children's television viewing and also encourage an ongoing dialogue between the public and television stations about the station's performance under the Children's Television Act. To help accomplish this, the 1996 revision to the rules implemented by the FCC require commercial television stations to identify core educational programs at the beginning of the program (such as with a verbal announcement or an icon), and to provide information identifying these programs to publishers of television program listings (either print or electronic).
The rules also require commercial full-service television stations to complete Children's Television Programming Report (Form 398) every quarter regarding their educational programming, and to make these reports available to the public via their studio facilities, public libraries, and/or the station's website.

I don't know burgerlaw too well, but that's an FCC regulation, which the Gubment can't directly mess around with, correct?

If I'm wrong and they can, make a petition on the White House website and shill it here, half/co/ and other forums; maybe ToonZone or similar.
After a certain number of signatures, they're mandated by law to give a response.

What's the point when this stuff now plays 24/7 elsewhere

I think that not having this regulation on the books will free up creativity. If someone comes up with an idea that they think they can market to kids and make a ton of money they won't have to worry about the government telling them that it's wrong to use cartoons to sell shit to kids. Plus it frees up wasted resources-no one likes that e/i crap

You're right. A petition would be a good idea.

I certainly wouldn't mind if it meant teaching kids how to draw cartoons and shit. Get some of the guys Disney laid off; they'll be glad for the work and the output will be better than calarts

yes, I'm sure (((they))) just hate making money.

But wait, what does Cartoon Network have that is educational? Certainly not Teen Titans Go or Gumball.

the FCC guidelines apply to network television, not cable.

Then it's entirely by CN's own hand that they've kill the Saturday morning cartoon. I'm all for cutting off the FCC at the neck, but if the regulation OP is referring to only accounts for Networks, then there's little to be done.

Oh fuck off it was one shitty post specifically made to rile up your retarded ass

t. kushner shill
Stop being a civic nationalist democracy-loving cuck and see the real solution aka
W H I T E R E V O L U T I O N

The best narrative against Holla Forums is that cartoon characters can't be waifus and are fucking pig disgusting. (pics related)

This sure is good bait for /a/ Because it surely triggered me

That explains why she is the least ugly in that post while still looking tacky as hell.

Hey Hijinxs, ban expired?

That one eyed minion-looking thing looks like something my 8 year old nephew would draw, and wtf with that flatop on the middle one? What were they thinking with those designs? It all really went to shit in after 2010.

behead those who insult toons

The only shills are JIDF fucks running Holla Forums now.

But nice of you to make yourself so obvious, Moishe.

…user, are you confusing yourself?

Nope. As a rule by the bureaucracy it's relatively easy to get rid of. Options are
1: Trump tells them to knock it off
2: Law passed by congress blocking the rule
3: (very unlikely) FCC gets rid of it on their own.

Why don't you start by contacting your congressman and senators?

Call their local office (Trust me: DC offices doesn't give a shit about you because nobody there actually lives in your state, let alone district. At best a call to the DC office will influence action on existing legislation.) and request it. If you can prepare notes for 15-30 mins worth of discussion, ask if you can get a meeting with the congressman about it

Petitioning is mostly useless though. The one thing you could argue though is the fact that, given jewtube and other video streaming services offer a broad variety of content that is off-putting for television-based content creators that the differences between the two should be cut in favor of letting individual TV broadcasters choose the quality of their content on a case by case scenario and that the definition of educational TV is now thoroughly outdated.

Should note I worked 3 years getting a meeting with my congressman (for a much more controversial /k/ thing. Killing an old rule nobody cares for is much easier). If I knew talking to the district office (preferably in person) was the way to go I'd have only needed to spend 2 months.

1996 is about when saturday mornings started to stagnate.

Makes sense.

Tiny toons used to air on weekday afternoons after 3 pm.

I imagine that Povenmire and Marsh, once they decided to give their main characters heads shaped like P and F as a catchy gag, decided that stupid head geometry would be acceptable on their other characters. And it worked, because early Phineas & Ferb was great.

Will this work even though I live in Commiefornia?

This rule has no real defenders as far as I know. Even with a Democrat that's not totally crazy it's not impossible to make progress. Worst case: What will they do? Ignore you harder?