Captain Underpants Thread

The books were my childhood. I read up to the eighth book when I was still young and fell out of the series from there due to the six-year gap between the eighth and ninth book. Then my brother and I saw the trailer for the movie, and it looked absolutely fantastic. I found a YouTube playlist with all 12 books in the series, which I shall provide here: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3sEW6eMBnrHrlwQTiNiNs1dNjl3deFXj

I caught up with the entire series within less than a week with that playlist. Just a few days later, my mom, my brothers and I all went to see the movie in late June. Sadly, there was only a few other people in the small theater room it was shown in, a couple of guys above us and a mom with her younger kids.

I absolutely loved the movie. It was both a perfect love letter to the books themselves as well as a really good animated film in its own right. I don't think anyone without a nostalgic connection to Captain Underpants is going to be head over heels in love with the movie, like I was, but it's definitely a guaranteed fun time.

And might I add, it is the FUNNIEST movie of 2017 thus far. Funnier even than The Lego Batman Movie, which was arguably funnier than Deadpool.

Sadly, I don't think the movie is getting as much attention as it should be. Granted, it did earn twice its budget at the box office (and its budget is the cheapest Dreamworks has had yet), but it still pales in comparison to the numbers Wonder Woman is making. Dav Pilkey did express his thoughts on the movie in the description of his YouTube channel:

"6/16/2017
Hey everybody,

Have you had a chance to see the new Captain Underpants movie yet? I've seen it SIX times already and we're going again next Saturday.

Gotta give thanks to director David Soren for getting it RIGHT. He perfectly captured the heart and soul of the books, and even managed to give mean ol' Mr. Krupp a bit of humanity (I wish I'd done more of that in the books).

Thanks to Ed Helms for his amazing and hilarious vocal chops! And Kevin and Thomas were PERFECT as George and Harold. If the Academy Awards ever makes a category for "Best Scene-Stealing Supa-Villain", then Nick Kroll is a shoe-in. Thank you to everyone at Dreamworks Animation for your thoughtful care and dedication. You can really feel the LOVE up there on the screen!

-Dav Pilkey"

Let's express our love for this awesome series here and now. Captain Underpants is a series worth discussion of great lengths.

Is this the book that ended with the white kid stuck in a gay marriage and the black kid with a white girl

It's only very briefly seen, and isn't really focused on that much. George and Harold went forward in time to get help from their adult selves, who are successful graphic novel creators, with George and the writer and Harold as the illustrator, naturally. That part is far more emphasized than their spousal situations.

I'll pass on this thread.

Well considering the author shoved it in I think it should be brought up

This shit reeks of marketer

The Great Space Coaster Compilation

Why do you have to make me feel old?

Nigga, you can't be serious. A brief, fleeting mention is not "shoving it in".

If anything, Dav Pilkey is fucking based, politically speaking. Maybe even smarter than Trey Parker and Matt Stone in terms of modern social satire.

Maybe if you actually read the goddamn book instead of sperging over idpol in a very brief scene, you'd recognize what Dav Pilkey actually intends in his writing.

You're embarrassing.

Those pages don't help your case very much

Yeah totally based

Congratulation! You just played yourself. Come back with more points and less reddit pacing. And don't ven think that your cesspol slang scare anyone in here!

I fail to see your point. Elaborate.

Dav is implying that Huffington Post is anything BUT smart, dumbass. It's a potshot at liberals. Notice how it's the only thing on Smart Earth without the word "smart" in front of it? That means that not even on Smart Earth could Huffington Post possibly be smart. Fucking Christ, are you dumb as hell.

Bullshit, I've seen plenty of non-lefties on Holla Forums use idpol as a term. Just because you haven't doesn't mean you have any point to make. Identity politics are something that infect both the left AND the right.

If you seriously think I'm a filthy commie for rightfully criticizing idpol for what it is, then
>>>Holla Forums

Please. Do us all a favor and flee back to your safe space there so we can engage in rational, unbiased discussion.

Further outed, tbh.
And no, he was right; only Holla Forums uses idpol as a term.

Find me a single thread on this entire site where someone uses the term 'idpol' without being abused for being from Holla Forums.

You introduced the claim, so burden of proof, faggot.

I can't tell about the other boards however… Maybe /pone/, /fur/, /furry/ can help you…

There wasn't anything to ruin… Go cry somewhere else how rude the real word when come to your idpol

Imagine if these two had a child - a literal feminazi.

Your request is completely unreasonable. Who knows if such a thread is still up by this point?Burden of proof is one thing, but the method in which you're demanding is another entirely.

Oh, and outright calling me a faggot isn't earning you any brownie points. Manners, child.