What's the best Spongebob episode? And why is it The Bully?

What's the best Spongebob episode? And why is it The Bully?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_SpongeBob_Movie:_Sponge_Out_of_Water
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TEACH YOU THIS LESSON OLD MAN!?

id say its a toss-up between krusty krab training video, life of crime, the fry cook games, graveyard shift, and chocolate with nuts, and maybe band geeks
i wouldn't put the bully up there though

oh yeah, and the texas episode
dont wanna forget that one

Rewatched some original Spongebob recently. Blows my mind how well that holds up compared to the newer stuff.

Opinions on Seasons 1-3 and the Movie

While I enjoyed the Second movie, and I've seen how the latest season the new staff seem to be genuinely interested in trying to improve Spongebob and I respect their work, it ultimately doesn't change the fact that Spongebob should've ended after the movie. However, if it must go on, which at this point why not, then I'm glad the new staff seem to be trying to improve and listen to complaints from people.

Simple, this is a self contained movie aimed a broader audience. They wouldn't care, it's not like the show wouldn't do the same.

Solid list. I'd add that episode where they went to the surfice for a bet and the party episode.

I don't understand why people liked the movie that much. It wasn't that bad, but it was the point of no return. Mindless stupid humor, the stupid songs, that although having a special place in my heart, are still stupid, the whole things being an "stupid trip", and the beginning of the stupid modern character design. The movie is 5/10 as much. Pretty good for kids, but doesn't hold as the first 3 seasons did.

Here's the thing, sure skin-flint Krabs is bloody hilarious at times (Born Again Krabs being a good example) but I do miss Dad-Krabs (My Pretty Seahorse actually balances both sides of the character out to be honest)

Thing is, Bully has some few good moments (pretty sure you know what the good moments of the episode are) but the best? Not really. No Free Rides is a heck of a lot funnier. But hey, at least Bully is not as bad as As Seen on TV or I'm With Stupid (that episode makes me made a theory that Patrick really despises Spongebob but have to put up with him)

This has got to be the most WTF ending for any Spongebob episode

Just going through the old episode list, looking at the names, and thinking of some specific scenes is making me laugh to myself.
I don't have much nostalgia for anything (mostly because I never stopped watching older stuff) but Spongebob does something to me nothing else does.

this scene scared and confused me when I was a kid. Or I might be talking about another scene where everyone is actually disguised and spongebob is patrick, patrick is gorilla etc.

Of course it does. It was made with attention, care and most important of all, love. You can feel it coming through the screen.

So seasons 1-3 were like a delicious, mouthwatering Krabby Patty?

Spot on.
The remaining seasons were made in the chum bucket

NOT PARAKEET, PARA-
-medic…

Even when I was a fucking child I could tell that the show went to shit, though I couldn't tell what I hated about it besides Pat-prick, and I had nothing better to do so I was essentially forced to watch it.

How was the second film, especially compared to the first one?

There was a second movie?

Yes.

Apparently they're going to do a THIRD one.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_SpongeBob_Movie:_Sponge_Out_of_Water

S2 and 3 are pretty good. When Hillenburg left is when it actually went to shit

How about Unrealestate?

It's funny, the first one was going to be the franchise's last stand. Now years later two more movies exist purely for brand extension. It explains why the first movie felt more like a movie they wanted to make, while the second was very much "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks".

You mean "took on a more hands-off advisor role"

ie, left.